Start by marking “A Cunning Masquerade (Order of the MoonStone #1.2)” as Want to Read:
A Cunning Masquerade (Order of the MoonStone #1.2)

A Cunning Masquerade

(Order of the MoonStone #1.2)

When a reluctant assassin returns to the palace and receives a less than warm welcome, she is certain her opportunity has passed to fulfil her mission.

Or has it . . . ?

When a young prince makes the decision to ignore a certain young lady with red hair and a fiery temper to match, will he seal his fate?

Or will a moonlit ball, and a special dress bring the two of them togeth
Kindle Edition, First, 45 pages
Published November 15th 2015 by S&G Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Cunning Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cunning Masquerade

Start your review of A Cunning Masquerade (Order of the MoonStone #1.2)
Toni Shiloh
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Cunning Masquerade is a great short read! Catarine designs a dress so wonderful she's absolutely certain it will catch the Prince's attention. Jc Morrows is an expert and presenting both view points of Kayden and the Prince. This short book reminded me of the very reason I fell in love with the story of Kayden and Prince Dvarius. I cannot wait until book 2, A Treacherous Decision is released!

*I received an arc for an honest review.
D.J.
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

A Cunning Masquerade is a wonderful addition to A Reluctant Assassin . . . and the Order of the Moonstone series.

In this not-so-short story, we get a bit more back story . . .

This time we learn more of what happens when Kayden returns to the palace, after being contacted by the Order – to return “home” for a brief visit.

When Kayden returns to the palace, she receives a less-than-warm welcome by the Prince, leading her to believe that he’s no longer interested in her…

Oh, my!

JC – you sure know how
Ashley Bogner
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Cunning Masquerade . Isn't that a cool title? :)

In this short story that takes place before the end of book one in the Order of the Moonstone series, Kayden finds herself torn between carrying out her mission and falling for the prince. Of course, it doesn't help that he seems to be ignoring her. Not to mention that someone may be catching on that Kayden is not who she seems! I loved seeing the further development of Kayden and Catarine's friendship. Catarine has become one of my favorite c
Nicole Rivera
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let me start off by saying the Order of the MoonStone series is a must read for anyone into dystopian fiction. Hunger Games fans will love it—or, at least this one does.

A Cunning Masquerade is a short-story that takes place between book 1 and book 2. It gives us a glimpse into the day(s) leading up to a ball that takes place shortly after our Cinderella-assassin, Kayden, returns to the palace. However, her reception by Prince Dvarius is not at all what she suspected. And, one of the two main ch
Marilyn
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-inspirational
A Cunning Masquerade is a wonderful short story to provide more insight as to what is happening in the palace after Kayden returns. I was caught up in the story from the beginning. Lady Catarine and Kayden formed an amazing relationship. Lady Catarine is determined that Kayden will attend the ball that has been planned in the palace with a special dress that will catch the attention of Prince Dvarius. The Prince and Kayden had been avoiding one another since her return to the palace. Will Kayden ...more
Kara
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite things about this author is that her storytelling is different, full of heart, and pure. There is lots of intrigue that goes into this short story and it takes place BEFORE the end of Book 1's A Reluctant Assassin, so I highly recommend reading that one before reading this one, which also the author clearly states in her author's note.

I found this story to illustrate the special friendship between Lady Catarine and Kayden since both girls are supposed to be vying for the princ
Sydney
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Cunning Masquerade, novel one point five in the Order of the MoonStone series by J.C. Morrows, is a fantastic transition novel to book two, A Treacherous Decision. With the continuation of a great cast of characters and fun and adventurous fantasy novel that will cause teens to greatly anticipate book two. I would recommend this novel to readers that enjoy action filled, teen fantasy novels.

​Series: Order of the MoonStone
Genre: fantasy, Christian
Publisher: S&G Publishing
Publication date: Septe
Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A Cunning Masquerade ( Order of the MoonStone Short Story-Book 2 )
By: JC Morrows

I highly recommend that you read A Reluctant Assassin before you read A Cunning Masquerade. A Cunning Masquerade is a short story about what is happening after Kayden returns to the palace. Lady Catherine designs a dress that she is certain will catch the eye of the Prince. The Prince is not in this story but one time. The author does a good job of presenting Kayden and Prince Darius’s views.
I was given a copy of thi
Deanna Stevens
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-list
Another chapter in the life at the Castle! Another clue as to who Kayden really is. A Ball, a gorgeous dress and where will it lead? I'm hooked! Book two, A Treacherous Decision can't come soon enough!
*I received an arc for an honest review.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
{{This is a Goodreads Only Review! Meaning, this review will not be posted on 'Books for Christian Girls'. }}

So. Short.
I loved the Cinderella aspect of this novella/short story. It just adds even more to that "What if Cinderella had been sent to kill The Prince?" part of this plot. But, oh! It felt so short! It was pretty neat to hear a bit more about the Order, and you can tell the author had more practice since the first book, "A Reluctant Assassin" . It's mentioned that Kayden is missing
Rachel Miller
This story takes place between chapter 23 and 24 of "A Reluctant Assassin" - book one of the Order of the MoonStone series.

It is not necessary to enjoy the series - or even to keep up with what is going on, but it does have bonus material that might make the twists and turns of the story easier to keep up with (some of which will come up in a later story).

And hey... who doesn't enjoy a royal ball...
Meagan
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great short story that bridges the gap between Books 1 (A Reluctant Assassin) and 2 (A Treacherous Decision). If you haven't read Book 1, the story might not make much sense, as you won't have the plot history or familiarity with the characters - much like picking up any series midway through. If you *have* read book 1, you can definitely progress to book 2 without reading this, but it adds depth to the characters and fills in the blanks/gaps between books.

Highly enjoyable and recommen
Ron
Oct 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Bad edition!

This eBooks formatting is bad. It even shows 760 page's for a short story. Please upload a corrected version. Thank-you.
Le'Shea A
Tricia Mingerink
Jan 02, 2016
Sophia
Jan 02, 2016
facebook   twitter   instagram   pinterest   mail

JC Morrows is the bestselling author of the young adult dystopian series: Order of the MoonStone and the post-apocalyptic Frozen World series. A believer in sharing knowledge, JC is passionate about both stoking the creative fire in young minds and doing all she can to help authors of all experience levels excel.

A true storyteller, JC is one of those authors who grew up th

Order of the MoonStone (5 books)
  • A Reluctant Assassin (Order of the MoonStone, #1)
  • A Treacherous Decision (Order of the MoonStone #2)
  • A Desperate Escape (Order of the MoonStone #3)
  • A Tragic Consequence (Order of the MoonStone #4)
  • A Broken Kingdom (Order of the MoonStone #5)