Start by marking “Tihkal: The Continuation” as Want to Read:
Tihkal: The Continuation

Tihkal: The Continuation

Published May 1st 2002 by Transform Press (first published September 9th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Tihkal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tihkal

Start your review of Tihkal: The Continuation
Andrew C.
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome. RIP!

"As I exhaled I became terribly afraid, my heart very rapid and strong, palms sweating. A terrible sense of dread and doom filled me -- I knew what was happening, I knew I couldn't stop it, but it was so devastating; I was being destroyed -- all that was familiar, all reference points, all identity -- all viciously shattered in a few seconds. I couldn't even mourn the loss -- there was no one left to do the mourning. Up, up, out, out, eyes closed, I am at the speed of light,
Jolly
Jul 10, 2008 rated it liked it
A little heavy on the geriatric sex, but excellent chemistry and legal essays.
Rose
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing, just like PIHKAL. I am still in love with the Shulgins and I sorely wish I could meet them (although sadly I hear Alexander's health probably won't allow that).

I think Ann and Alexander are a perfect balance for each other, with him being far more scientific/analytical and she being more compassionate/spiritual. They are both absolutely brilliant and have evoked so many complex and powerful emotions in me through their writing.

I wish I understood more chemistry so that I could
Mark Slee
An excellent read, but lacks the narrative focus of Pihkal.
RN_Hpesoj
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
There were some sections of this book that I found quite extraordinary and insightful. I really got what I was looking for about the effects of psychedelics/tryptamines and how they can be used as a tool to understand the mind and the human experience. There is truly a lot of good information contained in the "fictional auto-biography".

However, there were sections of the book that were actually quite boring and I didn't care about. The sections I didn't care about were generally their life
William
Oct 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Modern day spirituality delves deep into a realm of more lies, and deception. Lying to ourselves is no path for enlightenment. This is the first door yet discovered, other than "stalking the wild pendulum" by Bentov that is a self discovery of the truth of the universe, and the experience of existence.

All phenomena is a change through chemical reactivity.
All that can be experienced, and all the experiencer is.

Organic Chemistry.
No story line or beliefs necessary.
Just trusting in the experience of
sunherd
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
There were a couple of chapters that were GOLD (for different reasons), but in general, this is not as good as Pihkal. Most of the good stories have already been told so this is a bit different.
Peter Harrison
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hard going for the novice, but the content is unparalleled.
Mark
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Serotonin is an important chemical endogenously produced by animals for a variety of combinatory uses including anti depression, mood regulation, and pleasure, essentially ancient and important for survival, and communication. Its chemical structure is 5-hydroxytryptamine, a tryptamine skeleton with an oxygen on the five carbon, which is derived from the amino acid tryptophan - that therein being a benzene ring fused to a nitrogen containing pyrrole ring, together known as an indole ring. This ...more
Thinking Peasant
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
a fantastic book for anyone interested in psychedelics and/or the culture and stories around it. The precision of doses, levels graded from baseline are really good and might be a sensible way to adopt within the psychonaut community.
It is a worthy book following Pikhal. Remember to stay safe, respect set and setting and always know your source.
Sumanth Ƀharadwaj
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: neurochemistry
A real achievement! Brilliant! Being a neuroscientist I naturally put the Shulgins on a pedestal. But still, few have achieved this level of understanding in an entire lifetime. It astounds me how the Shulgins simply continue to bear Fruit uninhibited by this great achievement like a vine whose sole duty is to fill the trellis with ripe grapes. +++++ on the Shulgin scale! =)
Drew
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rafael Quintero
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the most educational/thoroughly written,and fun to read(not to mention easy to read!Another Sulgin I highly suggest acquiring and readingis Pihkal......both IMHO could NOT had been better written,and the price in this era,is extremely cheap.Enjoy reading folks!
Lysergius
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I found myself thinking that it would be really interesting to try some of the compounds discussed in the book. Then I realised that these are exotica, they are not for general consumption, all that you can have are the shared subjectivity of the writer. Oh Pooh!
Salomon
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
the shlugins are amazing. Lerned a few new things about psychedelic theraphy and life... good find!
AnThRaX
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Крайне интересные размышления о юридическом аспекте "войны с наркотиками".
Tatarintsev Viktor
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
bomb
Alexey Gopachenko
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Now 100% real. Less romance more of a manifesto.
Nguyễn Nam

• The Doors of Perception & Heaven and Hell
  • LSD: My Problem Child – Reflections on Sacred Drugs, Mysticism and Science
  • Food of the Gods: The Search for the Original Tree of Knowledge
  • The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens & the I Ching
  • Lila: An Inquiry Into Morals (Phaedrus, #2)
  • The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead
  • The Dictator's Handbook: Why Bad Behavior is Almost Always Good Politics
  • How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking
  • Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
  • Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution
Alexander "Sasha" Theodore Shulgin[1] (born June 17, 1925) was an American pharmacologist, chemist and drug developer.

Shulgin was credited with the popularization of MDMA, commonly known as ecstasy, in the late 1970s and early 1980s, especially for psychopharmaceutical use and the treatment of depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. In subsequent years, Shulgin discovered, synthesized, and