Start by marking “Falling for the Highlander (Highland Brides, #4)” as Want to Read:
Falling for the Highlander (Highland Brides, #4)

Falling for the Highlander

(Highland Brides #4)

Lady Murine Carmichael has known her share of bad luck. But when her debt-ridden half-brother tries to sell her off in exchange for a few Scottish horses, it’s the final straw. If keeping her freedom means escaping through harsh countryside alone, so be it. She has barely begun her journey when she lands an unlikely escort—the brawny Highlander who just refused to buy her ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published January 31st 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Falling for the Highlander, please sign up.
Miranda I recently finished reading this one and you don't need to read the previous books in this series to enjoy this one.

Anne
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kilt Lovers
It was a cute romance that should fit the bill for anyone looking for a little Highlander Lovin.

description

The bad?
Dougall & Murine weren't exactly what I would consider a hot couple, simply because Murine was desperate to marry someone to escape her gross older brother. While they were attracted to each other, Murine was willing to marry Dougall's older brother if that's what it came to. And her reasoning was really sound! In her position, I would have done the same thing, I'm sure. But the fact is, t
Jen
Another fabulous historical romance written by Lyndsay Sands! I’ve been gobbling these books up very quickly! This story was about Murine and Dougal Buchanan, but I have to say that Dougal’s 6 brothers and him definitely stole the show! They are all handsome loving men, and they are hilarious when they are all together!

This instalment took us on a hectic journey with all of the characters while they tried to run from Murine’s evil step brother. There was never a dull moment and the story was sur
Alyssa

Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: January 31, 2017
Rating: 3 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Lady Murine hasn't had the best of luck in her life. She has fond memories of her parents and brothers. But they were killed and she was left having her step brother as her guardian. A brother that would try to sell her in return for horses. So when she tries to run away on her prized bull, she meets up with the man that her brother attempted to sell her to. Dougall Bouchann is is just fine with his current status as being unm
Esther
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-edelweiss, arc
Rated 2.5

Lady Murine Carmichael not so nice half brother is selling her off in marriage for horses, yep that's right for horses. Determined not to be forced into marriage she decides to run away and find help with a friend.
Well the horse owner was Scottish laird Dougall Buchanan and wasn't having any of what Lord Danvries offered or proposed.

Dougall and Murine cross paths as Murines attempts her escape from her brother. Dougall decides Murine can join his clan's men and him as she travels to h
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review:

OMG, classic Lynsay Sands. For some unknown reason (ha,ha) I love the writings of Lynsay Sands. I love her sense of humor, her characters, her storylines. She makes reading fun, even when there is danger. I started and couldn’t stop reading this story. It was just so much fun and I found myself thinking with a Scottish Brogue when I was finished.

I absolutely, positively fell in love with Dougall. He can pleat his tartan in my presence anytime. I am not sure what it was about him.
Jacqueline's Reads
3.5 Stars

Yay I broke my Lynsay Sands cherry! I usually like to start a new author by reading a first book in the series, but to be honest I didn’t realize this was the fourth book. You can read each book as a standalone and I was perfectly fine reading Falling for the Highlander without reading the other books. I will be starting the other books in the series VERY soon.

This one got mixed reviews and it’s because there wasn’t enough romance between Murine and Dougall. That didn’t bother me at al
CC
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It was good, just not great. I liked Murine and Dougall both, I just did not feel the chemistry. They just eventually fell into a relationship. Yes they were hot when they got together. But there was nothing before that leads you to believe they were really hot for each other. Actually Murine would have wed another brother to save herself. Any would do. Obviously this was before she and Dougall got together but it still bugged me. His brothers were funny in their solicitousness towards
Melissa
Lynsay Sands phoned this one in. Lazy writing, silly plot choices (really? All these brothers are so smitten that they bring EVERY dress for Murine to choose from so they are conveniently destroyed by a fire forcing her to wear braies so Dougall can ogle her butt?), and strange word choices (butt cheek? In medieval Scotland, really?). And then it just sort of ends. Do better.

I'd like a book about Aulay, please, given that he's got some hang-ups I think he'd be far more interesting to write abou
SB*needs low angst books*
I ended up DNF this book. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into the story and I couldn't understand the heroine's appeal. It seemed more blah and even though I thought some characters could be funny it wasn't enough to get thru it.
Beth
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lady Murine has had a run a bad luck. Everyone she’s loved has died leaving her in the care of her brother who has a gambling problem. In a desperate attempt to buy horses, Murine’s brother offers her use to the Scottish horse traders in lieu of payment. Hearing this, Murine runs away on her pet bull…since they no longer own any horses.

Dougall, a Scottish horse trader and lord, was appalled by Lord Danvries’, Murine’s brother, offer. So when he runs across the same woman Danvries had offered h
Dianne
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was written with Ms. Sands usual flair; with great character's, a wonderful mystery, hot romance, and comedy. (I won't soon look at carrots and a loaf of bread in quite the same way, I'll tell you!!!) Yes, you have to read the book to find out what I mean by that, I don't want to spoil one of the funniest and most unusual scenes of this type I have ever read!

I liked that we got to revisit some of the characters from past books in this series, no matter how small a part they played.

Muri
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
Falling for the Highlander is the first Lynsay Sands story I didn't like. Lady Maurine Carmicheal the heroine was weak, stubborn and she keep fainting. There was to much of her going to the potty too. This was a disappointment on all levels. I don't want to read about the heroine hiking up her skirts to relive herself and each time she gets in some weird situation.
Sorry!!
Cheesecake
I found this one disappointing. Sometimes LS tends to make her MCs rather stupid.

Like a comedy of errors with a dash of many small misunderstandings. The story is painfully obvious and by half way I was annoyed and bored. I skimmed the second half.

Murine's step brother sucks. Like REALLY SUCKS. Her family has a way of dying young left right and center. She herself has a way of almost dying too. And man, did that ever wear thin after a while!!!
She runs away from her scummy half brother with the
Bobbi
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback
Holly
This wasn't bad but it wasn't memorable either. Neither Dougall nor Murine were particularly interesting, but they did have chemistry at least. I just wish they had more of a relationship outside of the bedroom. The plot of Murine's family history and a few life threatening events wasn't really exciting either. Eh. 3 stars for it being written well enough despite my complaints.
C

- grumpy but sweet H
-zero OW Drama
- great second characters
- kick ass h
- wish it had a Epilogue
Alison
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all of lynsay sands books. I haven't been able to find any highlander books that can match hers in the slightest.
Lisa
This was a fun little story and I enjoyed it. Both Dougall and Murine were likeable and their relationship is a good one.

(view spoiler)
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog:

For me, Lynsay Sands is a comfort read. I know when I read one of her stories may it be historical or paranormal I'm going to love it. Her stories are full of laughter and at times you'll also find yourself tearing up too!

I'm so glad we finally have Murine's story. I liked how the author handled her fainting. Now you can find all about why she faints in Falling for the Highlander but you'll get more impact from it i
Vanna
3.5 stars!! Nice continuation of the series with an action-packed story with lots of humor and suspense thrown in. 👍
Erin Burns
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via Edelweiss, this does not affect my opinion of this book or the content of my review. GIVEAWAY

This is my happy-go-lucky, light and sappy, happy place. Lynsay Sands is almost always good for a few laughs and a sappy romance, and I have been digging on this series for a while now. In fact, I moved this ahead on my queue after reading a truly angst inducing series, after which I was compelled to go back to the angst which prompted a reread of thi
Shrimalya
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great addition to the Highlander series!This one focuses on one of Saidh's brothers - Dougall Buchanan and Murine Carmichael.
Lady Murine has lost a lot in her life and is currently staying with her half brother, who enjoys gambling way too much.He has gambled away her dowry and almost all of his fortune.
But she knows its the end of the straw when he tries to sell her off in exchange of horses!
Dougall and his brothers are disgusted by the offer.They wouldn't end up giving their prized horses to
Miranda
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Sent to be via Edelweiss thanks to Tasty Book Tours & Avon Publishing. This is NO way effects my review.*

It's been ages since I've read a Highlander Historical Romance, so much so that once I started reading Falling for the Highlander it felt like coming home. I just adored this book! Oh, and you don't need to read the previous books in this series to enjoy this one!

What I liked:
The Setting- I naturally gravitate towards stories set in Scotland, so of course, I loved the setting in this one
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Yes, yes, yes. I am back for more of this particular brand of HIGHLANDER mojo. I love highlanders. Their alpha dominance. The hot-headed temper. The deeply ingrained protectiveness. The gaining of a highlander’s heart brings the security of feeling protected, desired, and cherished. Dougall and Murine have much to get through and escape.

This highlander journey was not overflowing with action and epic battle, but it does have a villain, a beautiful fiery tempered young woman, a sexy grumpy delici
Susan (susayq ~)
Ya'll know I love historical romances and I loved Scottish heroes (there's just something about a guy in a kilt - YUM), so I jumped at the chance to read this one from Lynsay Sands. She always writes a book that is light hearted and entertaining. This was no different. Dougall was great and Murine was perfect for him.

*thanks to Tasty Book Tours for sharing a copy of this with me*
Dragana
Two weeks since I read this book and I can't remember anything except there were some highlanders and that heroine escapes from home riding a pet bull. Oh, and she kept fainting...
It seemed funny and cute at the time, but already everything is gone from my memory. I wonder if I will remember anything at all in a month.
At least I don't remember anything bad either.

Recommended only if you are a fan of the author or classic highlander historical romance novels.
Aureliana Marina
"Falling for the Highlander"? Better said "Falling for the hot, sexy, yummy guy". That's what I felt after finishing this book and like all the books I cried for not having more. Lynsay knows how to torture us with each book. Will there be a next book, from this series? There must be!
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Ms. Sands offers a wonderful romance with just enough suspense to keep the reader enthralled. I thought the character development allowed the reader to fully immerse themselves in the story despite the story being a continuation from another book. The pace of the book was perfect and the twist in the plot at the end wrapped up the story perfectly. The talent of Ms. Sands shines through each word and I recommend reading Falling for the Highlander.
Delane
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More
O
Dawn ♥ romance
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I enjoyed this historical romance that had it's exciting moments, funny parts, steamy scenes and a decent plot. I particularly liked the hero and all his brothers. A good book although not quite as entertaining as her paranormal Argeneau series. Lady Murine's brother offered her up to Scotsman Dougall in payment for some horses.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Warrior (The Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Improper Seduction (English Tudor, #1)
  • The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2)
  • Every Time with a Highlander (Sirens of the Scottish Borderlands, #3)
  • Borderland Bride (Borderland Legacy, #1)
  • Highland Warrior (Murray Family, #9 & MacEnroy, #3)
  • Susana and the Scot (Untamed Highlanders, #2)
  • Mad, Bad, and Dangerous in Plaid (Scandalous Highlanders, #3)
  • Highland Wishes
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • To Wed a Wicked Highlander (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #3)
  • Love with a Scottish Outlaw (Highland Weddings, #3)
  • Beauty and the Barbarian (Highland Force, #3)
  • The Highlander Who Loved Me (The McKennas, #1)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

Highland Brides (8 books)
  • An English Bride In Scotland (Highland Brides, #1)
  • To Marry a Scottish Laird (Highland Brides, #2)
  • The Highlander Takes a Bride (Highland Brides, #3)
  • Surrender to the Highlander (Highland Brides, #5)
  • The Highlander's Promise (Highland Brides #6)
  • The Wrong Highlander (Highland Brides, #7)
  • Hunting for a Highlander (Highland Brides, #8)