Start by marking “El suave susurro de los sueños (Marcombe Hall nº 2)” as Want to Read:
El suave susurro de los sueños (Marcombe Hall nº 2)

El suave susurro de los sueños (Shadows from the Past #3)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Maddie Browne pensaba que había superado la pesadilla recurrente que la atormentó siendo una niña, pero tras la revelación de un secreto familiar sorprendente, esa pesadilla regresa para asustarla de nuevo: el mismo columpio en el mismo jardín, el gigante pelirrojo y los brazos atezados que la atrapan por detrás e intentan llevársela…
En un intento por olvidar sus problema
Published July 20th 2015 by Libros de Seda (first published February 12th 2014)

Blodeuedd Finland
I did know the characters from book 1 but I do say it works perfect as a stand alone.

It's about Maddie (who is friends with the heroine from book 1.) She goes to visit her friend after her parents died. Oh and she found out she was adopted, and her sister is a real piece of work.

What this book then has is a bit of a mystery. Who were her real parents? Why did they give her up for adoption? Why does she have this strange dream?

And then there is the suspense part. Some secrets are better left buri
Maria Jose
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Me gustó el primero, se perfeccionó en el segundo. Seguimos con ese toque de magia, ese pasado, en este caso más cercano, que acecha a ese presente que tiene que ser y tiene que ser porque para eso están las pitonisas. Final encantador. Esos guiños que hace el arte, no digo más
Anne Harvey
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holidaying in Devon with friends, Maddie Browne finds herself re-living her childish nightmares when she is threatened by a vengeful and fanatical man. Helping her through these troubled times is Alex Marcombe, brother of her host, who has his own demons to face. But can she trust Alex with her heart? This is a fast-paced romantic adventure - a real page-turned that I finished in two days.
Patry Fernandez
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Publicado en español como "El suave susurro de los sueños"
Es una historia contemporánea donde hay romance, misterios y secretos del pasado por descubrir.
Segundo libro de la saga Marcombe Hall y definitivamente con sólo dos libros leídos de esta autora se va ditecta a mi lista de favoritos.
Erica Olsen
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.
This was the second book in a series, and if course, I started with this by mistake (again). It’s so typical of me, but it works amazing as a stand-alone, so that’s good.

This book was great. It had everything to keep me intrigued from start to end. There was love, mystique, suspense, laughs, sadness and the characters had depth.

The story was really good, you definitely had an idea about where it was going, but I didn’t feel like it was completely predictable, just enough to be pleasant
Vickie
Didn't like this as much as the first one.
Sue
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is another book I could not put down by Christina Courtenay! The pace is fast, the plot is rich, and there is just enough mystery to keep me guessing!

I really enjoyed Maddie. She's had a lot thrown at her lately, and even as events unfold dramatically, I like the way she handles everything. I could understand her actions and reactions, her caution, and her drive to find out more. I kept hoping that what ever the outcome, it would be a happy one. Maddie has a fabulous connection that is very
Linda
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: choc-lit
Our story begins on a sad note with the sudden death of Maddie’s parents. At the reading of their will, she discovers she has been adopted! Though she is devastated and disappointed that her adopted parents never revealed this information to her, over the past 27 years, it does explain the lack of sisterly love between her and her sister Olivia. Having walked away from any inheritance left her, Maddie leaves London and heads to the country to stay with her best friend Kayla and her family.

Meanwh
Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug)
I adored The Secret Kiss of Darkness and (most of) the characters and I hadn't appreciated, until I started reading, that The Soft Whisper of Dreams revisits Marcombe Hall, Kayla and Wes. One of the things I hate most about finishing a book is the not knowing what happens after you turn the last page, and so I absolutely loved being able to jump forward in time and see how Kayla and Wes are getting on. (I should say that you absolutely don't need to have read The Secret Kiss of Darkness first - ...more
Poppy fairy
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read Christina Coutenay's novel New England Rocks which I highly recommend, And I have read book 2 The Secret Kiss of Darkness, which I highly recommend in the shadows series. The Soft Whisper of Dreams is part 3 of The Shadows series. Any of The Shadows part series can be read as a stand alone novel. I do think that The Soft Whisper of Dreams is another triumph for this author. With Christina Courtenay writing such briliant novels she certainly keeps her fans dedicated to want and read m ...more
Anne
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Although described as a "follow-on", there's absolutely no need to have read the earlier book - but for those of us who have, it's a lovely opportunity to meet Kayla and Wes again. Maddie is a strong and spirited heroine, and Alex an initially unlikely but ultimately perfect romantic lead. The story tracks the twists and turns of their relationship, but also follows Maddie's quest to find out more about her family - a quest that puts her in serious danger, with some edge-of-your-seat moments and ...more
Rosemary Morris
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Soft Whispers of Dreams by Christina Courtenay

Christina Courtenay’s novel The Soft Whispers of Dreams is a page turner, which I read into the small hours of the morning, although I yawned and should have turned off the light and gone to sleep.

After Maddie Browne’s parents die she receives an unwelcome surprise, and must deal with a recurring nightmare about a swing in a garden, a kind red-haired man and a swarthy arms which grabbed her from behind, events that seem to be linked to her chil
Rhoda Baxter
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't know what to expect from The Soft Whisper of Dreams. I hadn't read the first book in the series, so I was a little nervous about jumping right in at book two. I need not have worried - this book stands alone and there isn't any of the telltale extraneous detail that sometimes creeps in when characters walk on from another book.

Melanie has a recurring dream that is laced with a sense of danger. This story is all about that dream and the very real danger from her past. There are some genu
Rie_dominique
well, karakter cowoknya menarik dengan latar belakang yang tidak biasa. walaupun masih keturunan bangsawan, Alex ternyata mantan residivis yang baru keluar penjara karena dulu pernah terlibat pengedaran narkoba. untungnya dia sudah sadar dan memutuskan membuka lembaran baru untuk masa depannya..

Sedangkan Maddie terasa biasa-biasa saja, dan sikapnya yang sedikit prejudis terhadap Alex membuat jengkel.

untuk cerita lumayan jugalah, walaupun bukan jenis yang akan diingat untuk jangka waktu lama...
Sue
Apr 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice book to relax into and enjoy it for the romance and the mystery.

Whilst there is an element of danger, it is very much in keeping with the genre of the book and sits comfortably alongside the romance side of the story. I enjoyed catching up with supporting characters from The Secret Kiss of Darkness.

Great story to read on a wet afternoon or chilling out on holiday, which will leave you smiling.
Gen Boleyn
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maddie is confused and who can blame her? She's just lost her parents and then her sister turns out to be the super bitch from hell. And then there's her dream - Just who is the red haired man haunting her nights and as for the tall dark stranger inhabiting her days - WOW. This is a romance with a capital R wrapped up in a mystery with more twists and turns than a corkscrew that left me whipping through the pages at speed.
Alison
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited that this novel returned us to Marcombe Hall and had the bad brother in the first book redeem himself, but I did not like it as much as the first novel.

Instead of a large time slip we were only transported about 25-30 years, and I found the villain a little melodramatic.

The hero and heroine in the contemporary setting were good however.
Zoe
Nov 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a fan.

The story was weak. The "will they, won't they" romance between Maddie and "hunk" Alex was very, very boring. The plot was very basic and very unrealistic. 27 year old Maddie spoke like she was from the 1920's which just added to my annoyance. Not particularly well written either. Shame.
Milena
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The story had a good potential which wasn't realized. The writing, the mystery, and the characters are very simplistic and one dimensional. Quick read that did't leave me satisfied
InD'tale Magazine
2.5/5.0

Maddie and Alex work quite nicely as a couple.

Read full review in the 2015 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Irene
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It would make a good holiday read.
Gulen
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
tam da 2 yıldızın dediği gibi, eh işte.
Dawn
rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2015
Neville Bass
rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2016
Feb 10, 2018
Tracey Ockford
Mar 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Dance With My Heart (A Southland Romance, #2)
  • Against the Wind (Agents of the Crown, #2)
  • Teaching the Cowboy (Storafalt Stories #1)
  • Heaven in Your Eyes (La Fleur de Love: Book Four)
  • The Rebound Pact
  • Escape To The Highlands (MacKinnon Clan, #2)
  • The Lover's Path: An Illustrated Novella of Venice
  • Silly Girl
  • On Wings of Desire
  • Beefcake & Cupcakes (BeefCake, Inc #1)
  • Aboard the Wishing Star
  • Captive Hero (Time-shift Heroes, #1)
  • Death Speaker
  • Lila's Choice
  • Roping Love (Circle R Ranch, #1)
  • His Lady Godiva (Lovers and Other Strangers, #1)
  • Bountiful Creek: a legendary love story
  • Betrothal (Time Enough To Love, #1)
Half English/half Swedish, grew up in Sweden, then moved to Japan for a while.
Writes historical romance/adventure stories and time slip. Also YA romance as Pia Fenton.
Former Chairman of Romantic Novelist's Association.
More about Christina Courtenay

Shadows from the Past (4 books)
  • The Silent Touch of Shadows
  • The Secret Kiss of Darkness (Shadows from the Past #2)
  • The Velvet Cloak of Moonlight (Shadows from the Past #4)