Start by marking “War Storm (Red Queen, #4)” as Want to Read:
War Storm (Red Queen, #4)

War Storm (Red Queen #4)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  15,605 Ratings  ·  2,586 Reviews
Victory comes at a price.

Mare Barrow learned this all too well when Cal’s betrayal nearly destroyed her. Now determined to protect her heart—and secure freedom for Reds and newbloods like her—Mare resolves to overthrow the kingdom of Norta once and for all… starting with the crown on Maven’s head.

But no battle is won alone, and before the Reds may rise as one, Mare must si
Published May 15th 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about War Storm, please sign up.
Jamie Mcmillan
“So you choose him?”

“Cal betrayed me, and I betrayed him. And you betrayed us both, in a thousand
different ways.”

“I choose no one."

#TeamMare
Kat The book shouldn’t even be allowed to receive stars until it's released. I wish Goodreads would correct this.
War Storm by Victoria AveyardThe Cruel Prince by Holly BlackA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
947 books — 4,355 voters
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. MaasQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareWar Storm by Victoria AveyardA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir
Can't Wait Books of 2018
1,093 books — 4,155 voters

More lists with this book...

Jasmine Marie
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
*4.5*

I don't know what it is about these books, but I always finish them within a few days. Even this 600+page book.

I think this is my favorite book in the series. And a lot of it had to do with the different POV's. In this story we get Mare (duh), Evangeline, Iris, Cal, and Maven.

Mare- I had saw reviews for the previous books stating that they didn't like Mare and that she was annoying and stuff. And I didn't notice it in the first two books, and not even in the third book, but damn I was so a
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Maven, Maven, Maven
more Maven that's all I need!!!

I don't care

about Kilorn
that little a...

Maven, Maven, Maven
more Maven
that's all I'm living for!!!

Maven, my precious Maven,
I hope you liked my lore!

*bows*
And I'm out! <333
Andreea Pop
I can still remember those days when Edelweiss popped up on everyone’s radar. I was among those that scored one of the first ARCs of Red Queen on the site, many months before its release date. It was a book with so much hype, but it thankfully met and surpassed my expectations, signing me up for a long wait until the sequel. What I didn’t know at the time was that I was in store for a series I will forever hold dearly. And now, after four years, this series has come to a close. Throughout this t ...more
Melissa
Jan 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
EDIT 14/09: WE GOT THE TITLE!! 'WAR STORM' sounds so badass tbh.

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN OMFG
FOUR BOOKS
F-O-U-R BOOKS
THIS SERIES IS GOING TO KILL ME
Hamad
May 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Full review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found Here

War Storm??! more like Clouds with drizzle!

For a book this big (almost 700 pages), with this cover, name and the fact that it is a finale, you would expect it to be so action-packed and interesting. Actually this dragged on way more than necessary, I thought it was something in me so I asked my reading buddies and they were not enjoying it so much too!

The fact that almost nothing important happens till chapter 20 made me consider DNFing
Nasom
May 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dystopian, fantasy
Buddy read the entire series with My #1 .

I had to reduce my rating to 1 star after writing my full review because I realized I did not like anything about this book.

You know when you have to reach a word limit for an essay but you don’t have enough content so you keep adding fillers? Well, that is what this book felt like. This book was almost 700 pages long but only had enough content for like half that length. There were so much unnecessary fillers. In fact, this series in general, did not
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Rise. And rise alone.

Red Queen was the book that fully immersed me into the YA book world. Taking me from an occasional reader to a full-on bookaholic. For that, it will always have a special place in my heart.

Let's start with saying this book is monstrous in size compared to its predecessors. But fortunately, it never feels excessive and it doesn't needlessly drag on. This series has been a tumultuous journey and this book is no exception.

Characters
Mare
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
She did it. Mare did exactly what I
Katerina
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
What do you expect from a book called War Storm?

Heart-pounding battles? Jaw-dropping showdowns? Mind-boggling alliance shifts? Devastating losses? I know I expected all those things, and some more. Sadly, that was not the case with the last instalment of the Red Queen series.

“I will not be a red queen.”

The kingdom of Norta is divided, surrounded by vultures ready to devour her dying body. The forces of the coalition, the unlikely united front of Silver nobles, Red rebels and Newbloods are co
Cesar
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
2 stars

I have finally finished the Red Queen series and my overall thoughts: Meh.

My thoughts on this book?

description

I knew from the start that I would not enjoy War Storm based on so many flaws I had with the series. I actually checked on both amazon and goodreads and I saw a lot of people not being happy with how it ended. And I can say that they were right. The ending was so disappointing, especially since we had to read four books to get where we are now in the finale.

This "War Storm" was nothing more
Pang
Oct 27, 2015 marked it as to-read
Omg, this series has 4 books!!!!! That means (view spoiler) can be redeem, right? Nahhh... he cannot be bad all 4 books. I still have my hope!
Rachel E. Carter
Jan 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: br, nmt
description

#teamMaven (yes, I realize he has dark hair in the book but I really view him as an older Malfoy in my head lol)

Just calling my prediction now -I've been saying this since day one: (view spoiler). To be honest, I don't want my prediction to b
- ̗̀ DANY  ̖́- (danyreads)
. : ☾⋆ — 1.5 ★

[SHARP INHALE] I’M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i never have to think about this series again. i know that sounds harsh but these books have brought me so much unnecessary anger and frustration that it’s truly a relief to finally FINALLY be done with the series once and for all. i can finally put these books down and be DONE with the characters and the story and v*ctoria av*yard’s nasty ass personality

i actually didn’t completely hate this book (which was a very pleasant surprise!! i’m not go
jessica
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
well, folks. its happened. another series has come and gone. and yet again im feeling relatively unimpressed about the whole experience. maybe its the fact that i turned 27 today and im just getting too old and cynical for this type of book or maybe the book/story/writing/plot is to blame. why not both?! my old age aside, this left me feeling very… unsatisfied. i appreciate the effort that went into telling/writing this story, but i felt like this often dragged (which was frustrating because of ...more
Cait • A Page with a View
2.5 stars.

This series is one of my absolute favorites, but my enthusiasm definitely varies with the individual books. Red Queen and King's Cage are 5 stars and total favorites! This last book feels more like Glass Shard to me in that it's fine and everything, but did take some serious effort to drag myself through the story. Both books have a lot of people running back and forth, small battles, SO MUCH PLANNING, and just feel like they're constantly setting the stage for something else.

Maybe I
Kisses A
Feb 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
1* for the Maven chapters
My black little ♥is broken 😢

So my dear friends we have come to the end of a very boring era.
Look out for spoilers ahead. Gonna tag it
(view spoiler)
Jeff
Nov 18, 2017 marked it as to-read
GUYS.
This cover is gorgeous.
And I hope this story will be too.
Yup, I know you people out there. The previous books weren't the best for me either.
But hey, everyone deserves a second chance!
DON'T DISAPPOINTMENT ME AVEYARD.
daphne
Jan 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
2018...
Uhm... WHAT?

Kendall
If this book doesn't end happy I've got to swear off all series until they're all published and I know for certain if it's worth reading. My heart cannot handle being so invested in characters to have them turn out miserable/sad/or broken! (thanks for nothing Tearling, Hunger Games, and Divergent)

CAL BETTER FIGURE HIS SHIT OUT.
♥Christina
3 Rise With The Dawn ★'s

What the hell? Seriously? That's it? War Storm is the FINAL book in the Red Queen series and I must say I'm a bit disappointed and a little upset right now. I thought it started out strong, then about the midpoint, it all just fell short. I was really excited for this, I mean it's been one of my favorite series and this is what I get? I can't freaking believe this is how Victoria Aveyard chose to end it and it definitely didn't need to be such a long book but what are yo
Alexander Hamilton
May 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
I expected an absolute shitty ending, and was still disappointed.
Chelsea
(5/16/18) actually started reading the book and it's horrible.

(Original rating) There's no reason to drag this into four books. There's probably going to be a book for every character as well....*Sigh* thank god for free ebooks.

*I rated this book two years ago. Before you comment that I shouldn't have rated it please understand I don't give a fuck. 🤷🏻♀
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
What do I do with my life now?!

Sorry. That did't sound right. Let me try again.

WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE NOW ARRRGHHHHH!!!!!! (Click this tag to hear more screaming noises which accurately describe my feelings: (view spoiler)
AleJandra
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Shame and pride, sorrow and relief STARS

"The guns will quiet, the smoke will clear, and the soldiers, Red and Silver both, will come home."

description

Hay muchas cosas negativas que les puedo decir de este libro. Pero si ya han llegado a este punto de la serie, creo que ya no tiene caso mencionar todas aquellas críticas que ya discutimos con anterioridad.

Aquí la gran verdad de este libro, la razón por la que le estoy dando las 5 ESTRELLAS, es porque Victoria Aveyard de alguna manera, logro hacer
Nadia

I'm glad that there is going to be a fourth book released because if there's more time for Maven redeeming himself, I'm satisfied. I am a hardcore Mareven shipper and I like him a lot more than Cal. (view spoiler)

Still Team Maven, Victoria, Cal ain'
Sandra
Oct 21, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
Review #1: 10/21/2015

so... there's going to be ANOTHER book in this series???

alrighty then...
Jenny Han
Mar 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
I sort of jumped off of this series when Aveyard started attacking her own fandom and calling them out for criticising her work. Like—yeah—it’s our fault somehow. I just refer authors like this to my new favourite author on twitter Jay Cole’s response:
 photo FullSizeRender 1_zpszzgu3ose.jpg

And how she couldn’t understand how so many people preferred Maven when Mare was “such a strong female character”. Not that she wasn’t the most annoying character that walked planet Earth. But I started this series so I guess I’ll see this book ne
Saya ☽ Queen Of The Night
Nov 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
[burn, red as my rage]

welcome to the SHIT STORM review

I would like something extremely important to be known about this book; other than it’s utter existence is trash

i’d like you all to know that this book has abused literature by using the word “sneer” over 70+ times
[please take a moment to let that sink in]

the offending word has now made history for being the most overused word by Victoria Aveyard

[catchphrase]

i’d also like to give special recognition to each and every individual who has al
Ayesha S.
May 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
How did we go from Red Queen to this??

When this book first got published, and many of my goodreads friends rated it quite low, a part of me hoped that it wasn't as bad as they said. See, i LOVED red queen. And i knew that the author was a good writer because her battle scenes were amazingly written.

So this book for me was not just the end of a good series, but mainly a chance at redemption after the disappointments that were Glass Sword and King's Cage.

Unfortunately, this ended up being an even
joanna ☽
I’m not sure what I think about this. All I know is that it’s 1am and I shed a couple tears, but I’m going to have a think and sleep on it first and maybe change my rating. Full review to come soon.
there’s no law that says i have to ignore all my responsibilities to read this on release date.... but i’m gonna do it anyway
Pol
Nov 25, 2016 rated it did not like it

I think why I’m over Aveyard and not just her but YA authors in general these days. It used to be if the story was great it was published, but it has slowly contracted over time to accepting people from the top universities, who are incidentally a lot of the time white brunettes or blondes, and they might be mediocre but they just really don’t move you on the page with any substantive feeling. YA authors can say no one like their books because they’re women or they’re political or blah blah blah
Am I the only one who doesn't see the appeal in Mare? 3 6 Jul 19, 2018 04:53AM
Cal or Maven? 136 565 Jul 16, 2018 04:46PM
LOVE OR HATE?! 3 21 Jul 16, 2018 08:34AM
Anyone else disappointed? (Aslo, what I wished would have happened) 16 218 Jul 16, 2018 08:16AM
Addicted to YA: Discussion Leader Sign Up: War Storm 4 55 Jul 15, 2018 10:32PM
The Fandom: War Storm Discussion 4 37 Jul 11, 2018 03:23AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: War Storm (Red Queen #4) by Victoria Aveyard - Starting May 15th AND June 7th 2018 7 68 May 25, 2018 05:44PM
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Inferno (Talon, #5)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Wildcard (Warcross #2)
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • Allied (Ruined #3)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Fury (Menagerie #3)
  • The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark, #2)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Untitled (The Diviners, #4)
  • Lifeblood (Everlife, #2)
  • The Cursed Heir (Spirits and Thieves, #3)
  • The Ends of the World (The Conspiracy of Us, #3)
  • Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3; Study, #6)
I'm a screenwriter/YA author who likes books and lists. This site is the nexus of my universe.

My book RED QUEEN will be published Winter 2015 from HarperTeen at HarperCollins. I'm repped by the incomparable Suzie Townsend at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.

The genres I'm into include YA, Fantasy, Historical, Adventure, Apocalyptic - if people are dying, I'm buying.
More about Victoria Aveyard

Red Queen (4 books)
  • Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
    $9.99 $2.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Love can be exploited, I guess, used to manipulate. It's leverage. But I would never call loving someone else a weakness. I think living without love at all, any kind of love, is weakness. And the worst kind of darkness.” 29 likes
“I am different from what my world demands I be. And I am not worse for it.” 20 likes