Start by marking “Fluffy Strikes Back” as Want to Read:
Fluffy Strikes Back

Fluffy Strikes Back

(P.U.R.S.T. #1)

Fluffy Vandermere, the cat sergeant in charge of P.U.R.S.T. (Pets of the Universe Ready for Space Travel), works tirelessly to protect the world from alien (aka bug) domination. It's a big job. ?The whole planet is Fluffy's space station. All the people in the world are his humans. And every space pet out there is his responsibility.? Now, suddenly and without warning, Flu ...more
Published April 5th 2016 by Kids Can Press (first published April 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Fluffy Strikes Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fluffy Strikes Back

Brandi
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the graphic novel-type layout. The illustrations are really cute and the story would be interesting for little ones. (I enjoy it myself and my 'little one' days are a couple decades behind me). I also love cats, so that was a plus. I have a Fluffy of my own, but he's a ginger (kinda like me!). Overall, I'd rate this about a 4.2 - 4.4.

I won my copy of this book from the Goodreads website and I appreciate the opportunity to read and review it.
Karen
Sep 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just love these graphic novels! Read this one with my daughter and she enjoyed it too.
Kaethe Douglas
Fluffy Strikes Back (A P.U.R.S.T. Adventure) - Spires, Ashley I'm so excited to read this! Thank you, Kids Can Press.And also, thanks from my high school freshmore, who adores Spires' cats as much as I do.Fluffy Vandermere looks like the cat a Bond villain would be holding. But Fluffy isn't a pet: he's the head of a secret agency protecting earth from aliens. Thankfully, he hasn't lost his old skills in his time as an administrator, and he still has what it takes to save his headquarters from an ...more
Yasamin Seifaee
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, netgalley, 2016
I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

TOO MUCH CUTENESS! TOO MUCH! I loved everything from the cover to the back cover! *-*

This graphic novel is about Fluffy the cat who is sergeant of P.U.R.S.T and aliens have attacked them and so Fluffy is responsible and must save them.

It was a fun read and I really enjoyed it! loved the illustrations and everything!

I recommend it to those who love pets (specially cat lovers as myself XD)!

Nancy Kotkin
Story: 3 stars
Art: 4 stars

I adore the Binky graphic novel series for young readers but this one is not the same caliber as the others, due to the switch of protagonists. The humor in the books depends strongly on Binky's cluelessness, and Fluffy Vandermere is not as endearing a character. I really hope to see more of Binky at some future point.
Katie Harder-schauer
I received a copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway program in the hopes that I would leave an honest review.

I have mentioned in the past that I don't really like graphic novels all that much. This book was an exception to that rule. There are many reasons why this might be the case, but I think the biggest is that it's targeted towards children, so the sequence for the graphics was easier to follow. I may also have enjoyed it more because I read it to my daughter, so I ma
Janet Surrusco
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting. I read it to my cats, Hector and Lola, and while they looked like they were sleeping, I know they were concentrating on the story and thoroughly enjoyed it. Once I had finished the book, Lola (cat) stretched, meowed, and went to lie down, exhausted by the excitement.

Yes, Hector and Lola are well trained agents of P.U.R.S.T., as they have had to take care of aliens invading their home a time or two.
Bruce Gargoyle
I received a digital copy of this title from the publisher via Netgalley.

Ten Second Synopsis:

Fluffy, sergeant in charge of Pets of the Universe Ready for Space Travel (P.U.R.S.T.) must come out of retirement to foil an invasion of aliens with spray bottles. Will Fluffy be able to meet the challenge and rescue the pets in his charge?

Despite the utter weirdness of the concept of this graphic novel series, it is actually a guffaw-worthy tale. This is the second book in the P.U.R.S.T. series and I
A. Hunt
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Elementary/Middle School Readers
Recommended to A. by: Shelf Awareness
*Guest Blog by Joshua Hunt (My 11-yr old son)

My name is Joshua and Alyssa (A. Renee) is my mom. She's always reading books and when she gets children's books, she usually uses my niece and nephew to help with the reviews. This time, she got one I wanted to help on. When she received Fluffy Strikes Back, by Ashley Spires, I was all over it!

The main reason I wanted to help is because it's written like a comic book. Each page is full of photos that explain things that you'd usually have to read.
Holly Letson
The aliens (flies!) have invaded PURST HQ, and Sgt. Fluffy is on duty to take them down before they escape with the *Top Secret!* PURST files that he must protect. Can he get rid of them? Why, of course, and after that, he goes back to being in charge and steps up the training procedures that Space Pets must endure.

I loved this.
Jason
I have had a hard time adjusting to the movement of the series from a single cat in a home who is clearly deluded in his thinking process to being more sci-fi oriented. I really liked the initial concept and was dismayed at the change. But I will say that this volume was a lot of fun to read and kept me interested in what was going to happen to the end. So, I guess the jury's still out.
Alysa
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: We won this copy from the publisher. However, it completed our set as we own the rest of the series. My boys both loved it and laughed throughout. They did miss Binky but enjoyed finding him in the video screens. Cat people, weird. :)
Karen Upper
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This graphic book by the creative genius of Ashley Spires will certainly put a smile on the face of readers of any age!
Highly recommended to lighten your day!
Hailey Wolfe
Fluffy Vandermere, the cat sergeant in charge of P.U.R.S.T. (Pets of the Universe Ready for Space Travel), works tirelessly to protect the world from alien (aka bug) domination. It's a big job. ?The whole planet is Fluffy's space station. All the people in the world are his humans. And every space pet out there is his responsibility. Now, suddenly and without warning, Fluffy discovers P.U.R.S.T. headquarters, the most secure building in the world, is under attack by an angry swarm of insects, an ...more
Becky B
Sergeant Fluffy Vandermere doesn't see action much any more. He's worked his way to the top of P.U.R.S.T. (Pets of the Universe Ready for Space Travel). He's happy in his desk job. But when the HQ is invaded and many agents are trapped, Fluffy must prove he's still got the stuff and save the base himself.

Some readers will recognize P.U.R.S.T. as the organization Binky trained with and works for. (Close observers may even spot Binky in this book a few times.) A humorous spy story with cute fluff
Wunderdrugged
This title is nominated for the 2018 Hackmatack Award in the fiction category.
I am familiar with this author and her style from the 'Binky' books, which I have very much enjoyed. It is in the format of a graphic novel, which makes it a relatively quick read. In this story, Sergeant Fluffy Vandermere of P.U.R.S.T. (Pets of the Universe Ready for Space Travel) is gearing up for another day at the office when word comes in of an alien attack. Before there is time to react, headquarters is being inv
Lisa Macklem
This really is smack between 3 and 4 stars. I was also a bit stumped as to what shelves to put this on. There are some great moments in this book - some really clever pictures and some good one liners. The overall plot seems a bit drawn out and the "aliens" are a bit of a let down. Maybe I'm missing the hyperbole/symbolism of the "space station" but again, the actual point of using that terminology was a little lost on me. That said, it is a quick read and it is definitely worth it for those cut ...more
Lara
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I hadn't heard of this series before, even though I like Ashley Spires! The sense of humor was great - so dry! I laughed out loud several times at all the over-the-top silliness played with such a straight face. Let's just say Binky the Space Cat and the rest of the series are now on my to-read list!
Endy
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This comic is called fluffy strikes back was an adorable comic about a cat who is in charge of an animal space station. It's a cute comic for 6+ and it's funny as well. I think my sister Awesome Annie would have liked it a lot more than me. As it had great pictures and easy to read words. It takes you through a cat's world. The pace was well and the setting was perrrrfect.

But the characters didn't talk and only said meow, and animal noises. Which is expected in the real world. But I would have
Nicole
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!! This book features Fluffy instead of Binky but contains the same great interplay between the pictured animal expressions (mostly cat) and the text of how they view the world (saving the world from alien invasion). As a lover of spy movies and spy novels, I got a huge kick out of Fluffy saving PURST from alien invasion. Super Agent Fluffy!
Lisa
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was cute and easy reading. I originally got this on Netgalley but had a hard time downloading it so this was my first opportunity to read this book. They were Kitties and what not fighting BUGS, the enemy. The graphics were great and there were not a whole bunch of words to complicate things. I would read another one of these given the opportunity.
Ian yarington
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this in the giveaways and every time I get a children's book I give it to my niece and nephew. I always thumb through them before I give it to them and I can say that this is a clever and fun book. Children will love it.
Lexie
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is adorable! If your kid likes Perry the Platypus from Phineas & Ferb, they'll enjoy this graphic novel. It's quick and engaging, easy to read (I'd say it's for 8 and up?) and who doesn't imagine their pet is a secret agent?
Natalie Malone
Bahahaha!!! This graphic novel is hilarious!!! There are so many puns and adult humor! Perfect book for beginner readers!
Newportjonesy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clever and imaginative.
Sara Kreps
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
very creative! although a picture book, it's good for all ages and levels.
»Hunter
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So funny!! LOL!
Colleen
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a fun tale to run with the animals to solve their pest issues.
Naomi Ruth
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Eh. I don't know. I liked the Binky stories better. This one felt less believable to me and I wasn't really sure about all of the cat butt jokes? Just wasn't quite what I was expecting, I guess.
Andréa
Note: I accessed a digital review copy of this book through Edelweiss.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• CatStronauts: Race to Mars
  • The Great Art Caper
  • Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths
  • Hippopotamister
  • Mr. Pants: It's Go Time!
  • Time Shifters
  • Written and Drawn by Henrietta
  • Babymouse #20: Babymouse Goes for the Gold
  • Red's Planet (Red's Planet #1)
  • Sparks! (Sparks! #1)
  • That One Spooky Night
  • Luke on the Loose
  • Ninja-Rella: A Graphic Novel
  • Cosmic Commandos
  • The Adventures of John Blake: Mystery of the Ghost Ship
  • The Creepy Case Files of Margo Maloo
  • Monsters Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #3)
  • Mighty Jack and the Goblin King (Mighty Jack, #2)
Ashley has written and illustrated many books, most notably the bestselling The Most Magnificent Thing, which is now a short animated film. She creates books that remind kids that making mistakes is integral to learning. She lives in British Columbia with her husband, her dog and a growing army of felines.

P.U.R.S.T. (2 books)
  • Gordon: Bark to the Future!