Start by marking “Killer.com (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #5)” as Want to Read:
Killer.com (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #5)

Killer.com

(Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #5)

Murder is a mouse click away. Experience the suspense and mystery in the Beverly Hills Book Award's choice for bets legal thriller from the best selling author critics call 'one of the strongest thriller writers on the scene What if murder was as easy as clicking a button and nobody would ever know? A mob of anonymous cyber stalkers torments lawyer Brent Marks with defamat ...more
Published October 2nd 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Killer.com, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer.com

Linda Strong
Nov 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015

The title is what drew me to this one initially. In this day and age of computers and electronic technology, Killer.com just held all kinds of connotations and my mind went flying all over the place. My many thanks to the author who supplied a digital copy in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

Although this is Bk 5 of a series, it is great as a stand-alone.

Brent Marks was bullied when he was a youngster in school. He swore he would never back down or cower from a bully again. Today, he i
Grady
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another Legal Thriller Blockbuster from Kenneth Eade

Kenneth Eade may be best known to readers as the author of BLESS THE BEES: THE PENDING EXTINCTION OF OUR POLLINATORS AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO STOP IT, and A BEE, SEE: WHO ARE OUR POLLINATORS AND WHY ARE THEY IN TROUBLE? - two superlative books about his concern for our environment – both ecological and humanitarian - a topic he takes to the top level in this superb novel. Eade is an international business lawyer, based in Los Angeles, specializing
Brian's Book Blog
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cyberbullying takes a harsh turn into reality

I don’t really like just jumping into a series midway because I feel like I’m going to miss a lot of small details and character development from the other books. I was offered this book to review, I was a little worried at first but it was written in such a way that you don’t need to know the main character in and out to understand that story and his motives.

This was one of those books where I thought I had things figured out, but I was totally wrong
Tulay
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book by Mr Eade.

Internet lets us see what's going on any where in the world, also communicate with any body. In the case of Edward Snowden exposed what really goes on. Subject of this book is bullying, with the internet rules are changed. Humiliation and hate has broader audience, spreading lies and rumors so easy. But the laws are still trying to catch up. At the end of the book has all the information and websites are listed. Thank you Mr Eade.
Kathryn Ottele
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling story!

I really like the Brent Mark books. The cases are easy to get involved in, and the trials make me feel I am part of the gallery watching. This is a good mystery and it also is a great insight into Cyber-billing.
Manning Wolfe
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me turning the pages. I especially loved the courtroom drama and explanations of circumstantial evidence. Good one!
Vickie Sarmina
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like legal thrillers very much. Brent Marks was a lawyer who was trying to maintain his office and his reputation against an unknown assailant of the internet. The person or persons were using the internet to defame his character and his legal reputation. Brent was already involved in a court case against the network provider. To no avail, he still wasn't able to find out who these individuals were. He would discuss these issues with his FBI Agent girlfriend, Angela. He finally obtained a clie ...more
Tere Fredericks
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Read in These Days of Non-stop Cyberbullying

Despite my initial misgivings about the book - it started a tad slowly and the topic is distasteful to me - it quickly turned into a book I greatly enjoyed reading.

Forget about the foreplay in the beginning (but not too much as it is important to the trial) and focus on the trial itself. How each side presents a story that could convict either an innocent man or a guilty one.

The only perspective we see is that of the accused. Which is good
Carol
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I have read by this author - very different from the first but equally enthralling. He does so much research for his books they come alive. This book explores the goings-on in the "dark web" and how a group get together to hire a killer .. and the lawyer that gets caught up with the shenanigans..

I was particularly interested with his last words on how the old adage "sticks and stones can break your bones but words can never hurt you" is obsolete in this new world of inte
Jay Williams
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is not a long story, but packs a lot of detail into the pages. It shows what can result when the dark web is used to advertise and sell criminal services, including murder. The results of internet bullying by anonymous trolls are fear and frustration, especially when the law cannot be used to identify or stop false and evil postings. The book includes exciting action, a suspenseful trial, and a final essay on the issues of criminal advertising on the dark web.
Norman LaVelle
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am new to Eade's writing. This is he third book I have read in the Brent Marks series and I must say I am entertained. A lot of times I know the ending to books that I am reading just on instinct: what the writer makes available and what is hidden.and so on. But Killer.com was not as easy to predict. I guess I am saying I appreciate the fresh perspective he brings to the table. If you are looking for a good mystery novel that is also a legal thriller this book is not a bad choice at all.
Sapthagiri
The 'SCARY' Dark Web

Certainly an eye opener of a plot as it deals with the implications internet can have on one's life. Hire to erase scheme is too scary to even imagine, yet the dark web exists.
If you are a fan of law related novels, then read this one for sure.
Juliana Vilacha
Mar 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shallow development of characters but with some moments that get you a bit excited. Not really exciting
Colin Guest
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A most unusual story based around the Dark Web, which most internet users know nothing about. Despite this, I found the story most interesting
Robbie
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was definitely a book worth reading. It was well-written; the characters were interesting and worth getting to know, and the subject was interesting and sobering. It was hard to put down (which is very important to me) and I rate it 4.7 stars.
Kenneth Eade
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
FULL REVIEW FROM MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW

Killer.com is one of the most intriguing thrillers on the market, combining the best elements of a courtroom drama with a detective piece and including contemporary issues (such as online hire-for-death companies) to conclude with discussions of real-world cyberstalking and its intricate nature.

Because its drama and events are based on true scenarios, Killer.com offers up a powerful authenticity and contemporary focus - but what makes the story especially outs
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog

Killer.com shines a whole new light on what the internet and the person behind the keyboard can do. This book was fascinating from page one to the very end..One of the best mustering/thriller books I have read.
There was some dull parts but that certainly didn't take away from the rest of the story.

Brent was a lawyer who took a website to court. This website was behind all the horrible things that were said about Brent.
When one of his clients "co
Kelly
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice quick read, some unfinished business though.

It got going pretty fast, not a lot of introduction to the characters or setting. I jumped in on the 3rd book though, because the prior titles weren't available through kindle unlimited, so this could be the explanation for that.

I was definitely not satisfied with the ending. I think the flow of this book in general was a little too jerky. At the beginning we jump right into our main case, but that turns into another case, then suddenly we're a
Pam Davis
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous Book!

This is the first book in this series I've read. As soon as I finish this review I am going to download the first one and jump right in. I loved everything about this book-the characters, the plot, and learning more about the cyber bullies out there. I was hooked after the first sentence and stayed hooked until the last. Keep writing Mr. Wade and I'll keep reading.
Milissa
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Amazing Book

This was my first time reading this author. I was looking for a good book and Killer.com fascinated me.

Brett Marks is a lawyer who was hired to take on a case that involved the dark side of the internet. While investigating the case, he becomes framed for a murder.

The book was great. The characters were likeable. I couldn't put it down.

I.plan to read all of this author's books.
Edith E. Schmidt
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodread and eye-opener.

Interesting reading as well as being entertaining. This novel provokes food for thought regarding the Internet and how the underworld uses it for it's purposes.
InD'tale Magazine
Kenneth Eade has created a fast-paced and interesting crime thriller in "Killer.com” that is enjoyable and easy to read in an afternoon.

Read full review in the 2015 Holiday issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Prescottl
The title of "legal thriller" is a misnomer; the novel was rather bland. It was hard to sympathize with the lead character who was an innocent of the murder for which he was on trial.
Kenneth Wilson
Jan 06, 2017
Patrick Duffy
Mar 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Contract: Kill Jessica White (Taken!/Tanner #1; Tanner #11.5; Taken! #16.5)
  • Confessions of an Assassin
  • Crimes of Memory (Detective Jackson Mystery, #8)
  • A Life for a Life
  • Between the Starlight
  • Murder for Neptune's Trident (Citrus Beach Mysteries)
  • The Soul Whisperer: A Tale of Hidden Truths and Unspoken Possibilities
  • Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed?
  • Blood Ties (The Magnolia Series #1)
  • Storm Portal (Quantum Touch #1)
  • Coupled with Chance (The Adventures of Anabel Axelrod, #6)
  • The Night the Sky Fell (Banks Blackhorse, #1)
  • Cold Case No. 99-5219 (A Samantha Church Mystery Series Book 4)
  • Fixed in Blood (Mort Grant #4)
  • All Smoke Rises: Milk-Blood Redux
  • Four Days
  • Untouchable (Blake Harte Mysteries #1)
  • Blood Seance
Described by critics as "one of our strongest thriller writers on the scene," author Kenneth Eade, best known for his legal and political thrillers, practiced law for 30 years before publishing his first novel, "An Involuntary Spy." Eade, an up and coming author in the legal thriller and courtroom drama genre, has been described by critics as "One of our strongest thriller writers on the scene and ...more

Brent Marks Legal Thrillers (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • A Patriot's Act (Brent Marks Legal Thriller Series #1)
  • Predatory Kill (Brent Marks Legal Thriller Series #2)
  • HOA Wire (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #3)
  • Unreasonable Force (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #4)
  • Absolute Intolerance (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #6)
  • The Spy Files (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #7)
  • Decree of Finality (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #8)
  • Beyond All Recognition (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #9)
  • The Big Spill (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #10)
  • And Justice? (Brent Marks Legal Thrillers #11)
“Don’t you know that everything you do in life has consequences?” 4 likes
“From anonymous bullying to anonymous murder for hire, the Internet had something for every sick taste.” 3 likes