Start by marking “Pete's Dragon” as Want to Read:
Pete's Dragon

Pete's Dragon

Pete has a friend and protector in the huge green dragon Elliot. But when they are discovered in the forest, Pete must find a way to protect Elliot in return. A boy and his dragon find friendship, adventure, and a place to belong in this junior novel based on the upcoming Walt Disney Studios film, Pete's Dragon. Includes an 8-page photo insert!
Published June 28th 2016 by Disney Press

Cheesy Mom
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Listened to it with the kids. Love the narrator's deep voice! Fun story. My kids ages 3-11 enjoyed it.
Patb
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Listened to audiobook while traveling. Will now need to see the newish Disney Movie.
Gabriella
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it is sad at first but it is good at the end
Sharon Buxton
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
B. children's fiction, based on 2016 movie, fantasy, grade 3
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Walker, Landry Pete's Dragon, 140 pages. Disney Press. 2016. $5.99. Language: G (0 swears, 0 "f"); Mature Content: G;

Pete, an eleven-year-old boy, lives in the forest. He spends his days with Elliot, his best friend that he can always count on. Elliot is a green, flying dragon that loves Pete more than anything. One day, a group of people are in the forest and discover Pete. Read about their adventure as their friendship faces hardship and challenges.

This book was as engaging as the movie. It
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
One of the things I love about Disney movies, are the movie tie-in edition books. PETE'S DRAGON is a fabulous junior novel, that brings the movie to life within the pages of this book. Featuring 8 pages of pictures from the movie, this book is perfect for fans of the movie, and those who've not yet seen it. It's a great way to introduce a whole new generation of readers to some Disney classics. Written for a target audience for 9-12 year olds, fans of all ages will enjoy this companion to the ne ...more
Katy
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
OK, I'm not the intended audience for this, which is probably reflected in what might be an unfairly low score - I'm older than 9, and didn't watch the film! But I needed to read something that was based on a film or tv show and written afterwards for a reading challenge, so bought this one when I saw it in on the shelf. It's got pretty much no meat to the story, or the characterisation, as I think they relied on the reader filling in the gaps with their memory of the film.
Meredith Spidel
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, and I'm delight to report it's a win in our house! The perfect chapter book to tackle with my young reader this summer and a super way to help my kids get excited about this sweet tale of a movie! Grab it :)
Meredith Spidel
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Naomi Vazquez
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Awesome book can't wait to see the film. Very easy and quick read that will keep you interested. Loved every minute of it.
Wanda
charlotte johnsey
Jul 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Update Cover 10 31 Jun 20, 2017 07:39PM
Landry Q. Walker is a New York Times bestselling author of comics and books. His work includes Star Wars stories, Batman and Supergirl comics, and the Project Terra series of novels. He also co-created a Saturday morning cartoon called Scary Larry. He likes castles and robots and also pop-tarts. Most days he hangs out with his wife and his cats and pushes buttons on a keyboard until stories someho ...more