Start by marking “The Summer I Met You” as Want to Read:
The Summer I Met You

The Summer I Met You

Escape to Cornwall and meet the characters of Talting in this wonderful digital short story and prequel to Victoria Walters' captivating debut novel, THE SECOND LOVE OF MY LIFE.

This is a summer romance that will last a lifetime...
Published February 11th 2016 by Headline Review

To ask other readers questions about The Summer I Met You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Summer I Met You

Irena
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
„In that moment he made me as if we had lifted off from the ground and were dancing amongst the stars.“

description

What you need to know about this short story:

- It is a prequel to Victoria Walter's debut novel The Second Love of My Life, that comes out this April.

- It is written in first person, from the perspective of a young girl called Emma.

- Emma is telling the story in two different time periods: now and then, which are separated by the three months period.

- The Summer I Met You is a story of falli
Sophie
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it

Posted in full http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2016...

The Summer I Met You is a digital short story prequel to Victoria Walters’ emotional debut novel, The Second Love of My Life. Honestly, I’d have downloaded the short story just for that gorgeous cover alone but the little story inside is even better. The Summer I Met You is a lovely introduction to Victoria Walters and her writing feels so fresh and bubbly as she becomes one of those authors whose books I know I’ll just have to read.

I love
Agi
Jan 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, 2016-releases

"The Summer I Met You" is a great teaser of what you can expect in its sequel, Victoria's debut full - length novel "The Second Love of My Life" that is going to be published in April. If it's going to be like this little novella, with this beautiful, gentle writing style and the author touching upon many feelings, than we are for a real treat! Victoria Walters couldn't have introduce herself better to the readers.

Sure, everything happens so quickly in this short story, and the author couldn't s
Rea Cobb
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
You will very rarely see reviews for short stories on my blog because I hold my hands up and say I am not really a fan of them for the pure and simple fact that I am Greedy! I love a big storyline to pull me in and not let me go where as I find that short stories leave me feeling like someone has dangled a chocolate bar in my face and only let me lick it!

I was sent a copy of The Summer I Met you by Victoria Walters along with her full length novel The Second Love of my Life which is due out in
Rebecca
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Originally reviewed on Becca's Books.

I've had my eye on debut author Victoria Walters for quite some time now. In fact, since the moment her novel The Second Love of My Life got caught on my bookish radar, I've been eagerly anticipating the gorgeous prequel that is The Summer I Met You, just to get a taste of what I'm in for when April finally rolls around. Though it be short, it is wonderful, and we're given a sun-dappled glimpse of Emma as she reluctantly spirals into a passionate, heady relat
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leah
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review will be short and sweet, pretty much like The Summer I Met You. A delightful little story, to whet the appetite for The Second Love of My Life which I both want to read IMMEDIATELY and DON'T WANT TO READ AT ALL BECAUSE LUCAS. I genuinely thought both books were about Emma, but this little novella is of how Emma met John and TSLOML is Rose's story. Not Lucas. *SOBS* Oh, Lucas. We hardly knew ye.

Emma and John's story was so cute, who doesn't dream of meeting the love of their life and
Rebecca Minton
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to get into this book, that I ended up reading it a lot quicker than I had expected too. I ended up leaving my book upstairs so that seemed live the perfect opportunity to dive into this little novella. And how good of an idea was that! I've had my eye on Victorias upcoming novels ever since she announced them on Twitter. I've known Victoria for a little while and had countless conversation about Ian Somerhalder more than I care to admit ;) so I was super excited for her when sh ...more
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the most perfect little bite-sized teaser to get you excited for The Second Love Of My Life. Told through the eyes of a secondary character in Victoria's debut novel, The Summer I Met You details how Emma met the love of her life - John - and the summer that brought them together. I loved seeing Lucas and Rose (the main character in TSLOML) together and seeing Talting once more! I am so lucky to have read TSLOML already but I am so excited for people to read TSIMY beforehand as it will g ...more
George Lester
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written, near perfect prequel short from new talent Victoria Walters. I can't wait for The Second Love Of My Life so I can return to Talting! Roll on release day!
Hayley Thorpe
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A truly gorgeous treat. Proper review to come.
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This review was first published on my blog on 17th February 2016. You can find it here.

The Summer I Met You has been on my radar for a very long time now so when I finally got my hands on it, I had to dive in. This is the prequel novella to Victoria Walters‘ debut novel, The Second Love of my Life, and boy what a prequel it is! This book is a mighty tease, in the best possible way! It’s a fantastic introduction to Victoria’s writing, and into the characters that live in Talting. The novella is l
B.R. Maycock
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was a given I was going to go for this book wasn’t it? I mean, just look at that cover! I’d also read some great reviews and so I was excited to get going and I did, beginning that very night (unusual for me, book goes on my Kindle and there’s generally a lag between purchase and reading) and I wasn’t disappointed.

‘It wasn’t love at first sight. It was a Summer of love. But we had no idea what would happen once summer ended.’

Yes, that’s how it started, contained in a chapter simply named ‘Now
Isabell
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Right after I finished the very last sentence of The Summer I Met You, I hit the pre-order button for The Second Love of My Life on Amazon. This is without a doubt my favourite short story I read in 2016 so far. The Summer I Met You, is the best prequel for an upcomming book!

The story introduces us to Emma. Emma is on her way to Devon for her cousins 21st birthday Party and to spend the summer with them. Emma's summer holiday turns out completely different then she expected it. When Emma meets
Grass monster
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a great insight into what's to come in the novel The Second Love Of My Life. This little extra cherry on top snippet is so scrummy you just want to eat it. This basicly gives us a background look at how Emma met John on her Summer holiday in Devon. We get to meet Emma's Cousins, John's Parents and Emma's best friends who are dating, Rose and Lucas.
They fell in love and they never want to part so John packs up and follows Emma home to Cornwall to live with her. Looking forward to book 2 a
Clair
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A lovely short story, a prequel to The Second Love of My Life which is out in April. In The Summer I Met You we are introduced to the characters in the forthcoming book, particularly how Emma and John met. Now I've read this taster, I cannot wait for the main book!
Sue Fell
Oct 24, 2016
Catherine Clark
Aug 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Victoria Walters has always loved creating stories. Her first book was handwritten when she was sixteen years old, and was closely modelled on the Sweet Valley High series. Victoria works as a Waterstones bookseller, mostly to get a discount on books. She lives in Surrey with her cat Harry (named after Harry Potter, not Harry Styles).

Her debut novel THE SECOND LOVE OF MY LIFE was published in 201