Start by marking “Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love, #1)

Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  5,583 Ratings  ·  803 Reviews
What do you do when your soul mate marries your best friend?

If you're Kate Evans, you keep your friend Rachel, bond with her kids, and bury your feelings for her husband. The fact that Shane's in the military and away for long periods helps—but when tragedy strikes, everything changes.

After Rachel, pregnant with her fourth child, dies in a car accident and the baby miracul
Published June 7th 2016 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Unbreak My Heart, please sign up.

Lin Lyn Goodreads is used to track books you have read and to check books you want to read. This is not a site where you can read an entire book. Buy the book…moreGoodreads is used to track books you have read and to check books you want to read. This is not a site where you can read an entire book. Buy the book and support your favorite authors :) (less)

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
5 Awesome 'n' Angsty Stars

If you follow my reviews at all, you might know that one of my top reading "don't's" is the dreaded dead ex.

I know this is a non-issue for some, but every reader has their own no-go list.

And no matter how ridiculous any pet peeve might seem...

description

...they are all legit because they are your own.

So, as I was saying, along with the cheaters and the dreaded love triangle shape of doom, one thing that can ruin a book for me just by virtue of existing is when one of the main lo
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Heartbreaking Stars SPOILER FREE

God. GOD. This book. This heartbreaking, incredibly written, gut wrenching book. If it had any more of my favorite elements in it, I'd feel like it was custom written for me. I don't remember the last time I read a book that gripped me the way this one did. To
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know where to start with this review. I have SOOOOO many thoughts. First, this book BLEW ME AWAY. It's a punch to the gut. A tornado of feels so palpable it's a physical experience. It's frustrating, infuriating, yet beautiful in its raw, gritty, and authentic intensity. It will steal your breath and break your heart. Every word is POWERFUL AND GRIPPING.

Unbreak My Heart is a visceral experience. And as I sit here to write my review weeks later, I'm reminded of how much it rocked me as a
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

“Love can overlook a lot of things.”

I can’t believe this was my first book by this author! Why I waited so long to read one of her books...I don't know. I have been meaning to try this author since forever and I’m so glad I finally did, because I really enjoyed her storytelling and I loved her writing. Like many readers I’m not really an angst whore. I like to read angsty books from time to time but I’m not really looking for them. Also, to fully enjoy an angsty read I really have t
Christy

photo 151D6C44-41B4-4BE4-B8E3-8D13D7BCE541_zps3dkzlcjl.jpg

Unbreak My Heart is my first book by Nicole Jacquelyn and in a lot of ways, it completely blew me away. Emotional, angsty, and very well written, this book made me feel so many emotions I could hardly think straight while reading. I was sad, happy, angry, worried, stressed and content. At all different times. I love books that bring the feels and this one most certainly did! Shane and Kate’s story had an impact on me and kept me completely riveted.
What do you do when your soulmate m
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

description

Nicole Jacquelyn delivered a very angsty and frustrating story with a hero that will try your patience.

description

The heroine, Kate Evans has been in love with the hero Shane since they were teens (would have like to read a page or two of them and their connection). Shane falls and marries Kate’s best friend and so she puts her feelings aside and supports her friend until tragedy strikes.

”I cared for children that I loved more than myself, gave up the small
Jill
May 27, 2016 rated it it was ok

An angry, abusive dickhead and a none-too-bright doormat....read their epic love story in Unbreak My Heart....

These two bogans communicate by swearing at each other and flinging insults in a way that Shazza and Dazza - two of Australia's best-known bogans - would be proud of. Ain't love grand?

No romance. No chemistry. But plenty of mentions of vomit, enough that I almost felt like chucking up.

I really hated this.

ARC courtesy of Forever via NetGalley
Mysza
Feb 26, 2016 rated it liked it
So disappointed with this one. While I liked the first half of the book, the second was a failure. Nothing happened that would make the hero redeem himself and while heroine finally had the guts to stand up for herself, it was too little too late.

The angst was superb and the book made me furious at times, and I like when book does that, hence 3 stars but to be honest, I'm not completely sure if it deserves.

All because of Shane mostly. Now, I like me some asshole, I really do, the worse the bette
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!!!

“Love can overlook a lot of things.”

If I could sum up this book in one gif, it would be this one:

Good gawd, this book and all of the emotions and feels. It ripped me apart inside and tore out my guts. I picked up this book because a fellow reviewer/blogger said ANGST and I was sold. Honestly I am that much of an angst whore and I have no shame.

Ten years ago Kate and Shane were friends, until Shane met Kate’s friend Rachel, fell in love and married her. Rachel and Kate were best f
Mo
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can barely round it up to 3 but as I enjoyed the first part of the book I will. So fucking disappointed. Saw all the rave reviews. I think my expectations were way too high. Did not like either of the characters. Thought Shane was a douchebag nearly all of the time and I usually love a good asshole of a hero. Kate, a doormat, from day one.

Not going to say "maybe it's just me"! Found Shane and Kate quite immature. She was 30, he was probably older. Not sure. Didn't fucking care at the end.

I don
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

Well, well, well, this is a book that will appeal to all the angst lovers who love to hate their hero, and technically this kind of book should have had me handing out stars all over the place, but something was holding me back and I can't quite put my finger on what it was.

Unbreak My Heart was a gripping read that's for sure, it sure kept me on my toes, and I quite literally devoured this book in a short space of time.

Kate is a heroine who is pretty much flawless, she is kind a
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

4.5 stars!

I went into this book with lots of trepidation especially since I didn't really liked the last two Jacquelyn books I read.

It was all for naught since I loved this book.

Unbreak my Heart has all the elements that would make any angst lover happy.

Unrequited love? Check!
Dead ex? Check!
Hero fighting his feelings? Check!

And those are just some of the major ones. There were so many things that made this book worked for me.

Aside from the emotional hook, Unbreak My Heart, also h
Loyda
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Loyda by: Jessica (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
LIVE ALERT 6/7/16 --->>> http://amzn.com/1455537969

5 unforgettable stars
***FULL REVIEW TO COME***

This book WOW!! It was such a roller coaster ride full of emotions and angst. I was totally captivated from beginning to end, I couldn't put it down. I cried sad tears; i cried angry tears and I cried happy tears. This book was an absolute ANGST overload but a phenomenal one that you won't easily forget. Lovers of angst will need to pick this one as soon as it's out it's a must read.

ANGST?!
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛

TITLE: Unbreak My Heart
SERIES: (Unbreak My Heart, #1)
AUTHOR: Nicole Jacquelyn
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: June 7th, 2016

MY RATING

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A heart felt story about love, loss and second chances.

UNBREAK MY HEART: Is told in dual POV'S (Shane and Kate).

Starting this you know straight away from the synopsis and then the prologue that it's going to be one clusterf#uck of an emotional roller-coaster of a ride.

Kate and Shane were two childhood friends, Shane was a foster child of Kate's Aunt an
KatieV
This was not my thing. Others have enjoyed it, so YMMV.

I didn't do a word count, but my guess is that the f-bomb was dropped roughly 14,237 times. For me, that's a word that should be used sparingly else you risk sounding uneducated and trashy. Especially when you're constantly using it in front of kids. Jeez.

Also, yes, the hero was an ass. However, I didn't care all that much. I thought it was kind of freaky that the heroine followed him and his wife to another state just so she could take care
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This sucked me in. I was hooked, as I am always a sucker for a good cry over unrequited love. BUT....I need redemption! The H decided that he needed to change way too late for me, and he had made way too many mistakes for him to be worth the h's time. He was downright cruel and nasty for most of the book. She crossed that line into doormat status at times, and I just wanted her to wake up and demand better treatment. I understand that her love for the children prevented
Wendy
 photo 8331743_zpsnbhcocpu.gif

My god this book ..... was so freaking awesome !!

I'm gonna keep this review vague, because it would be very easy for me to spoiler, which in this case, I don't want to do :)

Katie has been best friends with her foster cousin Shane for two years and she has been in love with him almost as long. Doesn't seem like he returns her feelings, especially when she brings home her one and only friend Rachel and Shane starts seducing her.

Rachel and Shane start a relationship together, which is hard for Ka
Vaneesha
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Kate Evans has loved Shane Anderson since she was a child. Shane didn't reciprocate those feelings, in fact, he full-on shut them down and moved on to pursue Kate's best friend, Rachel. Fast-forward, Shane and Rachel are in their late-twenties married with children. Shane works for the military so he is often deployed. During his deployments, Kate practically moves in with Rachel and the kids, eager to offer the family all the support she can. When Rachel dies suddenly in a tragic car accident, ...more
Michelle
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After devouring and loving The Aces Series from Nicole Jacquelyn, I was over the moon when I saw the blurb for this new release. I mean, come on... did you read that? How can you not buy this book based on that blurb alone?

I knew nothing much about this book when I started. I expected it to be emotional and a little high on angst. But I never expected the reactions that I had while reading this. I am tearing up as type this, just thinking about this book. Jesus. My heart felt this book. So deepl
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jerk lovers!
Shelves: read-in-2016
3.5 ★'s

Shane and Kate were best friends at one time and spent part of their youth together. Then, Shane had to go and marry Kate's best friend, Rachel, whom he has three kids and one on the way with. Unfortunately, tragedy strikes and nothing's the same.

Except for Kate continuing to always being there for the kids and practically raising them. Shane's wasn't aware of how much time Kate was around since he's in the military and goes on deployments quite frequently.

Unbreak My Heart BROKE my hea
Aisha  ☠️☠️
1st read June 7, 2016
2nd read February 18, 2017
3rd May 14 2017

This book still that good, after reading a third time.

And Shane is still an asshole.

But I like him

And Kate

They fit together

And get this, what I loved the most is the love they have and when Shane grovels.

The relationship she has with the kids is so heartwarming.

I think I actually cry, but it's not a problem, cause I haves cried in books.

I know this book will not be for everyone.

But try to give a try and see from there.......

I wo
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
LIVE on Amazon!

4 Second-chance Stars!

photo 804EF0A6-7A2C-4FBD-B8FC-2EF92B051B75_zpsgkoaxsll.jpg

Unbreak My Heart is a first experience for me with Nicole Jacquelyn. It's one of those push and pull, angsty-type reads that kept me turning the pages, desperately searching for a happy resolution to a unconventional romance between a man and his deceased wife's best friend.

Shane is a married father of three when his wife tragically dies in a car accident. Her best friend has always been a pivotal part of their family, scooping in to help Rachel out when h
Viri
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
*4 It was soooooooooo amazing stars*

Me gustó mucho... más de lo que pensé que podría gustarme.
Fue una lectura simple, tranquila y cortita (de solo 10 capis) pero de las que mejor bien tramadas están a pesar de su longitud.
Me lo leí en unas cuántas horas y he terminado con ganas de más.

Los protagonistas
Kate ES estupenda, un poco dejada al principio pero una mujer de armas tomar.
Él... bueno, el tipo es un (perdón por la palabra) C*BRÓN con mayúsculas.
NO HAY otra palabra que lo describa. Yo pensé
Floripiquita
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Este es el primer libro que leo de esta autora y puedo decir que no te deja indiferente, algo que para mí es muy de agradecer. Tengo sentimientos encontrados con esta historia, que para nada va de enamorarse del marido de la amiga muerta como dicen por ahí sino de una chica de la que las dos personas que más quiere en este mundo se aprovechan sin darle el crédito que se merece (la amiga) y tratan como a un felpudo (el amigo/amor de la infancia casado con su mejor amiga).

Lo que aguanta Kate en e
AJ
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stunningly angsty stars

Wow, what a story! An intense, angst-filled romance that is painful and heartbreaking, but also sweet, sexy and gorgeously romantic, and OMG the feeeeeels!!!!! It made me laugh, cry, rage and swoon and I was captivated from start to finish as I rode the rollercoaster that is this tumultuous yet beautiful love story.

Kate and Shane have a long and complex history. Her family fostered him as a teenager, and the two of them became great friends, though Kate always wanted
Bev
There are lots of reviews out there already for this, so my review is a jumble of my thoughts, and why this one really worked for me.

Unbreak My Heart is going straight on my favourites shelf, and I had to make a shiny new shelf for Katie – Favourite Heroine. This woman is the shit!! I know some will see her as a doormat, and maybe she was at the beginning of the story but she soon straightened herself out and realised she was worth more than the crap Shane was dishing out. She knew that Shane wa
Jan
****4 Stars****

I felt so sad and sorry for Kate.
It was a feeling that went along with me all the way, like for almost 90% of the book!
Kate was always giving: friendship, affection, companionship, tenderness, love, time.
Her bloody life was being sucked away from her and she was having nothing in return. It was so frustrating!

Sadly, I couldn't quite grasp the HEA feeling I was hoping for in what was left of the story.
I think the story spanned in sadness for too long.
The remaining 10% of it wasn'
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
4.5 Stars

photo 1463857869789_zpskbd0nkgk.jpg

When I first saw this, being the angst whore that I am, I HAD to read this. I kept telling myself that this story was going to be one for the books and at the end of the prologue I was already tearing up. So I did something that I've never done before. I went back and read the prologue again because I thought to myself: I don't get emotional while reading and if a freaking prologue can bring that kind of emotional feeling out of me, I'm scared sh*tless of what the rest of the story is
Bubu
Jun 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: awful, cr, 1-star
If I could rename this book it would be something like Unsee My Eyes. I did read it after all, and I wish I hadn't. Alternatively, I could call this book A Textbook: Emotional Abuse 101.

I'm not going to go into the plot. There are enough reviews with plot summaries out there. I won't waste my time with it.

This piece of shit (I refuse to call him hero) is one of the worst male 'protagonists' (*snorts*) I've come across in a long time. As for the woman who is supposed to act as the heroine of the
  • Pieces of Him
  • Unforgiven (Unforgiven, #1)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • White Lilies (The Mitchell Sisters, #2)
  • Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1)
  • Into the Blue (Wild Aces, #2)
  • His Royal Secret (His Royal Secret, #1)
  • The Anatomy of Jane (WJM, #1)
  • Flirting with Chaos (Crazy in Love, #1)
  • The Enforcer (Untamed Hearts, #3)
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • What Mattered Most
  • Priceless (Forbidden Men, #8)
  • A Beautiful Sin
  • The Deep End (Honey, #1)
  • The Song Remains the Same (NOLA's Own #3)
  • Arianna & Finn (Royals of Valleria, #3)
  • Take the Fall (Take the Fall, #1)
Nicole Jacquelyn is the mom of two little girls and a full time college student. She hasn’t watched television in well over a year, she still does things that drive her mother crazy, and she loves to read. At eight years old, when asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, she told people she wanted to be a mom. When she was twelve her answer changed- to author. By the time she was eighteen, wh ...more
More about Nicole Jacquelyn...

Fostering Love (2 books)
  • Change of Heart (Fostering Love, #2)
“I'd pushed her aside for so long that there was no foundation to build on. Just a mess of shattered pieces that I'd crushed with a sledgehammer every time she'd grown closer than I was comfortable with.” 6 likes
“Sometimes I think I would have always found my way back to you.” 6 likes