Start by marking “Breaking Cat News: Cats Reporting on the News that Matters to Cats” as Want to Read:
Breaking Cat News: Cats Reporting on the News that Matters to Cats

Breaking Cat News: Cats Reporting on the News that Matters to Cats

This just in: Three adorable house cats are reporting the most hilarious breaking news! Based on author/illustrator Georgia Dunn’s real life pets, Elvis, Lupin, and Puck strap on neckties and pick up microphones to provide the most up-to-date relevant news stories (at least according to them).

Cats reporting on the news that matters to cats with stories such as The Vacuum
Published May 10th 2016 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

Start your review of Breaking Cat News: Cats Reporting on the News that Matters to Cats
Bill Kerwin
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

My favorite comic strip “Breaking Cat News” has produced its first book! How exciting!

“The premise is simple,” says writer/cartoonist Georgia Dunn in her introduction: it is “cats reporting on the news that matters to cats.” And what kind of news is that? Well, anything that fascinates your cat—or, if you're like Georgia and me, your three cats—for minutes at a time: “7:30 on a Saturday and the food bowl is still empty,” ” “that cat is in the backyard again,” “there is a bee in the bathroom,” “
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I just got into Neko Atsume and it's really fun, like having a zen garden of virtual cats. Cats are just really cute, okay? And they get a bad rap. People think that cats are jerks because they aren't unconditionally loving, like dogs. Cats are individualistic - they have different personalities, like people, so you never know what you're going to get. They're the chocolate variety box of pets. That's one of the things I like about Neko
abby
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, cats
Breaking Cat News is the program where cats report on the news that matters to cats. And what's the news that matters to cats? Only the most pressing geopolitical issues of our time, that's what. Stories covered include: what's the deal with that cat living outside? why is the food bowl still empty at 7:30 on a Saturday morning? what's with this new houseplant? is the woman who lives here cooking bacon? eeeeek vacuum!

Author/Illustrator Georgia Dunn has re-imagined her three cats as the cast of a
Lori
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, own
Adorable, funny and fun. I had never heard of this comic strip so I'm very grateful to have run into Georgia's proud mother, who has a lot to brag about. I had a great time reading the comics. They are written with the perfect amount of smart and silly humor. The personality of each cat is clear and as a trio they're scheming, charming and clever. Their reporting is a hilarious and wise window into how cats see our world. Boxes and showers and napping People and bacon are some of the things the ...more
Barbara
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

I loved this delightful illustrated book about three cat journalists on the CN (cat news) network who report news of interest to cats. The kitties - Lupin, Elvis, and Puck - are housecats that live with 'the woman' and 'the man.'

The book is filled with entertaining scenes, so I'll just give a few examples.
The woman goes to the bathroom and closes the door....and the cats immediately rush over with their microphones: "CN news, ma'am. What you doing in there?' The cattarazzi proceed to claw at
Jan Rice
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The gods must be crazy, or, in this cat's eye view, it's the people who must be crazy.

This happy diversion came my way via Bill Kerwin's review. It's not a graphic novel, just a book of cat comic strips. But they do progress in a narrative of sorts, a little like loosely connected short stories. Usually I like the idea of cartoon collections better than the actuality; these, however, tickle the fancy and are eminently readable. I think it took me an hour--a very pleasant one.

The woman trying to
Morris
Oh how I loved “Breaking Cat News.” I still have a smile on my face just thinking about it and am going to buy a physical copy the next time I am in a bookstore. Any cat lover is sure to see their own cats in the news team, and it will make a perfect gift for anyone in your life that needs some cheering up. It’s also appropriate for children and is sure to get everyone laughing together. Highly recommended!

This review is based upon a complimentary copy provided by the publisher in exchange for
Jen
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! So cute and 100% true. Need my own copy now. 5, if you have cats, you’ll totally understand this book, stars.
Dobby0390
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, 2016-read
Pawsitively brilliant! Each watercolor panel is a work of art in itself, and the details often hide tiny stories in plain sight - watch out for those robber mice! I've followed the comic strip since Georgia published the first one online, and I'm delighted to see the first of what I hope will be many collections of her work.
Skye Kilaen
Cats, but as if they're reporters for a feline news network, relating dramatic events within the household. Three adults and one ten year old in my household read this book, and none of us could keep from laughing out loud. Unless you despise cats and all their cat-related ways, give this a try.
Elizabeth A
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphix, 2018
This book is a collection of comic strips, and if you've ever lived with cats you'll have a smile on your face the entire time. Elvis, Puck, and Lupin are three indoor kitties who jointly run the Cat Network (CN), covering breaking news that matter to cats, which include the appearance of a mysterious red dot, strange cats outside the window, why the food bowl remains empty, and other geopolitical issues of the day. A quick and fun read for all ages.
Jenan
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Soooooo cute! Yes, it did need five extra o's, it's that cute. I recommend this to all lovers of cats, comics and comedy. So pretty much everyone, yeah?

Evan
"Word on the street is the door to the spare room with the awesome sun spot on the floor was accidentally left open."

After announcing that, the news anchors of Breaking Cat News cut to their "man on the scene" only to find him sprawled on the carpet snoozing in the sunspot, mic laying on the floor next to him.

Similarly, on page 75, the news anchor announces that the "People" of the house have just ordered a belly warmer. In the next panel, we see Puck the cat reporter lying on a freshly arrived
Molly
This was very cute and occasionally made me chuckle - three cats sharing a home act as newscasters reporting the goings-on in their abode. The last half of the book seemed stronger than the first half (or, at the very least, I enjoyed it more).
Gloria Cog
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is purrrrrfect for all cat lovers, a MUST READ!!! Georgia Dunn has a vivid imagination, getting into the heads of her 3 cats and weaving wonderfully charming stories aka broadcasts with beautifully painted illustrations. I have been following her online for a couple of years now, and she just keeps getting better and better. Just when you think you've seen her best work, she tops herself. Every comic is a favorite! I love, love, love Breaking Cat News, and if you check this book out ...more
Ashley West
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of the online comic so this book was a must-buy for me. The comic started off as short, standalone sketches of life through the author's cats' eyes, and developed into multi-comic storylines with beautiful and detailed art. This volume ends before the big stories start, but you can already see the artwork really take off.

This is a great introduction to the BCN "world" if you haven't read it before, and a lovely keepsake for longtime readers.
Leigh Anne
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in one sitting yesterday because I am the target demographic: married with multiple mischievous kitties. A print compilation of the web comic Breaking Cat News that will please anyone whose idea of a good time is watching cats dressed like newscasters reporting all the news that matters to cats. Their reframing of what goes on in their world is hysterical, and the style is a lovely watercolor/impressionistic take that makes Lupin, Puck, Elvis, and their humans seem even more ...more
Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was absolutely hilarious!
Peacegal
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Gentle, all-ages humor presents a "cat news network" that will be instantly familiar to anyone who lives with felines. It's not PEANUT BUTTER & JEREMY, but not many things are. BREAKING CAT NEWS will be a cute gift for people who read their comics with a cat on their lap.
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book makes a frequent appearance at story time in our household. We’ve read it several times, but it’s still hilarious. A great, fun book for all ages.
Zena
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was delightful.
Hebah
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been woken up in the middle of the night by cat crazies? Been yowled at in concern when you’ve dared to be on the other side of a door from your cat(s)? Had the entertainment of watching cats go flying to various hiding spaces when the vacuum comes out?

If any of these scenarios sound remotely familiar, get thee to a bookstore and go buy Georgia Dunn’s Breaking Cat News. Collecting some of the best panels from the web comic of the same name, Breaking Cat News depicts the news-worthy
Georgette
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
How could I have NOT heard of this webcomic before??

I don't live with cats, but I'm somewhat familiar with them because I have many friends who are cat slaves, and I used to work at the local animal shelter.

Georgia Dunn's cast of three cats - Lupin, Puck and Elvis - report on the hard-hitting issues such as "The People bought some stupid-looking thing for the dining room", and "The house is under attack from a mysterious red dot", or "The Woman is trying to use a laptop". Cue some extremely
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***This book was reviewed for Netgalley***

‘They're battery operated and remote controlled by Satan.’ ~Elvis, on June bugs

Humour books are not usually my forte. I prefer fantasy, hist-fic, and archaeology for the most part. Every once in a while a book of humour will snag my attention, though, and this was one of those books whose humour I could appreciate.

In Breaking Cat News, Dunn gives us a glimpse inside the minds of her three furry companions- Lupin, Elvis, and Puck. She does an excellent
Laurel Bradshaw
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Along with The Barn, this is one of my all-time favorite comic strips. With the second book just out, I had to revisit this one. Cat owners will surely recognize the antics of our intrepid reporters. Giving it 4 stars because these are the earliest strips when Georgia was still developing the artwork and storylines. Consider this book an introduction to the strip which appears daily on GoComics and in many newspapers.

Description: Cats reporting on the news that matters to cats with stories such
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must-read for any cat owner! So cute, hilarious and relatable.
Laura Cushing
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The delightful antics of intrepid feline reporters Elvis, Puck and Lupin reporting on all the news cats need to know. Breaking Cat News is my favorite webcomic and I had to own the book right away. The colorful watercolors look even more lovely in print from, and the storylines made me laugh just as much as I had when first reading them.

A great treat for the cat lover.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Cute. The author certainly understands how cats think! Love the interview with the person cooking the bacon. Reminds me of my house.
Ashley Holstrom
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, comics, adult, fiction, cats
It's all of my favorite things wrapped up into one glorious comic book.
Sheila
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, cats, cartoon
Cats in suits, cats with microphones, cats at the news desk and cats chasing strange red spots. Cats that can’t report the news because they’re asleep in the curious patch of light. And cats that want bacon. The cats in these fun cartoons may not look entirely catlike but their surely and totally feline in nature and behavior. Meanwhile their humans, like cat lovers everywhere, spoon comfortably, share the bed reluctantly, wake up when they’re told, and perform all those much desired human ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Little World of Liz Climo
  • Cat vs Human
  • Snug Harbor Stories: A Wallace the Brave Collection!
  • Who Wet My Pants?
  • The Okay Witch
  • The Shortest Day
  • Guts
  • A Normal Pig
  • I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens (Funny Book About Cats, Cat Poems, Animal Book)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival