Start by marking “He Ain't Lion (Ridgeville, #1)” as Want to Read:
He Ain't Lion (Ridgeville, #1)

He Ain't Lion

(Ridgeville #1)

Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B007Z4WSOK.

Life sucks… And then you get turned into a were-lion…

Curvaceous, blonde bombshell Maya Josephs is looking for a little action to take her mind off of her recent break-up. Crazy were-cats or not, an evening at Genesis is exactly what she needs. And when she meets the hotter than hot, super-sexy owner,
Published May 25th 2014 by Summerhouse Publishing (first published April 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about He Ain't Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He Ain't Lion

Start your review of He Ain't Lion (Ridgeville, #1)
Shurrn
I read this book as part of the Shifter Romance Boxed Set. This was an unapologetic hilarious read. It was sexy and silly and never took itself seriously. There was rude language, WereLions, tons of sex, and one seriously sassy plus-sized woman.

image:

There was not a lot of romance, though it is technically a paranormal-romance... Id say it was more of a Sexy Shape-Shifter Comedy. I like it for what it was. If you're looking for substance and romance... this is probably not for you. But if you
Emily
Alpha Alex O'Connell is anxiously waiting to participate and oversea the mating frenzy that occurs every few months and if lucky a pregnancy occurs. However, Alex doesn't need an unaware human entering the premises and plans to shoo her away immediately until he catches her scent.

Maya Joseph has an itch she needs scratched, she has been told about the orgy that will occur and figures it is the perfect time for a one night stand. Alex looks like a perfect candidate for her, but Maya has know clue
Erica Ravenclaw

Actual 3.5

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

photo anigif_enhanced-22476-1409567598-5_zps383aeb87.gif

I'm not really sure of the details on how this ended up on my Kindle other than my babes Ange and Sarah got this for free awhile back from Amazon and we were going to BR it at some point. I decided to DNF the Accidental Alchemist, I needed something short to fill the rest of my night. So, here we are. Turns out this was kind of awesome. I wouldn't necessarily peg myself as a were-smut-lover, it is a specific niche, but I'm glad I gave it a
Danielle Book Boss

Hmmmmm what to say about this short story...

The GOOD:

I liked the premise of Celia Kyle's first book in the Ridgeville series. I like that it's set in NC (though we only here one reference to it being in NC). I like that there is the potential for some fun/different animal shifters than we've seen in other books. So why less than three stars...since you asked:

The BAD:

Damn something about the heroine was annoying. She went from being heartbroken, to trying to justify hoeing around for
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story and I liked Maya and Alex. The story was pretty typical PNR fair as far as story line goes but it was infused with a bit of humor and outrageousness that kept me interested.

Maya is a BBW that's nice and has a bit of spirit. She was recently in a relationship with a guy who sounds like he was rather unadventurous and didn't treat her very well. Now she wants forget about the breakup and to do this she's decided to indulge in a one night stand. Maya goes to
Charlene
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-shifter, pnr
The "Ridgeville" series has the big three-erotic romance, shifters, and humor. Throughout the series, Maya (the heroine of "He Ain't Lion"), offers up rollicking "Maya-isms". Having read the series, my all time favorite words of wisdom are "Live by the three 'F' rule: If they don't fuck you, feed you, or finance you, they don't matter." I just could not stop laughing!

The story: "Life sucks...and then you get turned into werelion. Curvy Maya Josephs is looking for a little fun after a bad break
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 10.08.2016
*Might contain spoilers*
The awkward moment I had forgotten I had read the book before.... Probably because I didn't have internet, and couldn't see here on Goodreads if I had indeed read it before. Anyways, so I ended up with a re-read of He Ain't Lion. I completely understand why I had forgotten it.

It involves insta-love (though the words were not told), I didn't understand the use of the sentence: 'shit, fuck, damn and growl' that was used multiple times. And that 'grrr,
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

As I mentioned in my Spotlight Sunday post I did a ton of binge reading this year. I would start a series and read it till have read all of them. Many are less than 150 pages so it's not too bad. The reading part was easy, the hard part was getting off my lazy butt and reviewing them all. As you will see on the blog for the rest of the year a mad dash of reviews.

The life of a lazy person!

He Ain't Lion is the first
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: source-freebie
This review was originally posted on One Curvy Blogger

4.7 curvy stars!

He Ain’t Lion is a short story I picked up to getting over a book hangover by Surge, a deeply emotional, intense zombie apocalypse novel. While I got over my book hangover, I picked up a new favorite series! He Ain’t Lion turned out to be a hilarious short story, designed to make readers laugh – and maybe a little horny.

Recently dumped by her hurtful ex, Maya Josephs is looking for one night of dirty sex to get her ex’s harsh
Aղցela W.
I love this book.
This was a cute little short story and a first time author for me. Maya goes to a local place that was highly recommended to her by a good friend to help feed her inner naughty girl and help recover from a recent break-up. She's immediately in her glory once she enters Genesis and sees almost all eyes are on her. It's like a kid in a candy store and Maya is going to shop! Just about to get her first drink of the evening, she approached by a handsome male and calmly asked if she
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Lion Stars ~

I got this one free off Amazon. He Ain’t Lion is book 1 in the Ridgeville series by Celia Kyle.

I enjoyed this short erotica. It’s a Quick, Fun, HOT hilarious read! It was sexy and silly. There was rude language, WereLions, tons of sex and one sassy plus-sized woman. Not a lot of romance, so if your looking for substance and romance this is probably not for you. But if you need an amusing and unique read to get you through an evening, pick this one up!

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure
I blame Ange for making me download this one! It was supposed to be a buddy read with her & Erica but we lost track & Erica ended up reading it long before I did.

I'm really behind on writing reviews so since this is only a short story I'm not going to spend much time on this one. He Ain't Lion is a short and hot story that doesn't take itself too seriously and was fun to read.

There isn't much in the way of romance or character development, in only 60 pages you don't have a lot of time
Delta
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of shifter romance with humor
Recommended to Delta by: Haikufall

This was a fun, sizzling read with a snarky heroine.

Still free on Amazon today, 03-10-14. (PNR, Lion-shifter)

Yona
I liked the storyline, but nothing else was fully developed, everything was way too rushed even for a short 63 pages long story.
Angela Cruz
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is an paranormal, shape shifter, romance, book one in the Ridgeville Series. This can be a stand alone, but I recommend to read the other books in the series. The book does have some sexual content so I advise this book for adults. I adore Celia Kyle and her style of writing, she writes these books to be amazing. I love the full figured women with backbone, and she hasn't let me down in this book. This book makes me laugh so hard, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I adore the friendship that Maya
Melissa Kendall
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shapeshifters
Before I get to my review I just wanted to preface it this with a note. If your under eighteen, don't like coarse language or hard sex these books and this review are not for you.
So, I stumbled across this series of books purely by accident one day. Shifter books are at the top of my list for genre of books I like to read. The thing is for the most part the books are about wolf packs. After a while when you have read a substantial quantity of them they start to get a little similar. So, I
⚜️Trea
I picked this up as a freebie to fulfill a cat shifter requirement for a challenge I'm in. While it wasn't a bad read overall, there were several things that kept it from being a better read for me. First, it is entirely too short! We see one 24 hour period in these character's lives, and it is a very confusing yet erotic day. The reader is given very little to no world building whatsoever, but clues are hinted at that there is a much bigger world than we are being allowed to see. The plot was ...more
Galina Sulaiman
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a good shifter book! This is a short , yet very hot story! Maya is a human that basically sneaks into Genesis nightclub ( with the help of a spiteful female ) during the Gaian Moon, a time when the were's and there friends have sexual orgies , some in hopes of having cubs. Alex is the clubs owner and the Prime Lion, he sniffs Maya out immediately and has his second go to get her before the doors are locked and bring her to him, which he does. Maya is ready for her one night stand and Alex ...more
Lara
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2015
I picked up a bunch of these books because they sounded like fun. And this one definitely was lighthearted. It was also >50% sex, which I wasn't expecting. So, I'll read these judiciously as the mood strikes. At least the sex isn't completely gratuitous. And the main characters are likable. The heroine is happy with her curvy body, but does do some self-directed slut-shaming. And the hero thinks with his little brain, putting her in a position where her life is changed without giving her any ...more
April
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, curvy-gal
I really like this smexy shifter read, just wish there were more story. Most of the book is steamy sexin. Don't get me wrong, it is totally hot and well written, I just wanted more meat in the story.

Loved sassy Maya and he take no prisoners attitude. She meets her match in sexy Alpha Alex. They have a great dynamic and uber chemistry in the bedroom. The feelings will take more time. It is easy to see they are on the way to love but it is really too soon for undying confessions.

I loved their
Tala
There’s a lot of seriously hot sex, humor and a great story packed into this novella. For the length of the story I laughed quite a bit.

Alex is the typical hot alpha except that he’s fallible and admits it. I really liked him and his inner dialogues. The way he handled Maya and her spunky attitude was great. I also loved Maya’s pet name for Alex and was impressed with how well she handled what happened to her.

Without spoiling the story all I can say is this was a great quick read that left me
Claudia
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifter-romance
The first book from the series was so short but intense.
A very hilarious mating between Alex and Maya, made me laugh a lot and I guess this is what saved the book for me.
There is not much to it except sex and claiming but the dialog made my day.
My favorite:

"You ass-sniffing, butt crack licking, litter box-using fuckhole!"

Celia Kyle has these expressions that make all her situations and her characters funny.
I am looking forward to the second story that I know will continue the action, or better
Kelly
He Ain't Lion is for people who...

...enjoy a rousing night of sexin' with the local shifters!
...get a kick out of a big, strong Alpha being taken down (metaphorically) by a human girl.
...don't mind when said Alpha marks his mate without telling her what's what.
...like it when newly changed werelion asserts herself.

Heh. I liked this one. Plenty of hot sex, a leader who definitely needs some alone time with his lady, and a happy ending. Niiiiiice.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
grumpyoldbird
Previously read this as part of Ridgeville Series Volume One, back in September 2013.

I loved it then and I loved it now. I do like me some shifter action, and this book certainly delivers. It has all sorts of shifters, even little fluffy bunny rabbits, genius. It has some real lol moments as well.

And to really top it all off it's scorchio hot.

So if you're looking for a funny, shifter, scorchio read then get this little gem.
Wild_irish_rose
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great, sexy read. Loved Maya and Alex. The plot was great, but the story felt rushed and was too short.
Clare O'Beara
But apparently he is a lion. So why say he ain't? He's a lion shifter and so is the new lady in the bar. The book is one sex scene. If instalust and discussion of shifter morals and mates is what you want, fine. I prefer more romance and story in stories. Copious strong language from the start.

The author made an e-ARC available. This is an unbiased review.
Loz
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it
She does do a good sex scene, does Ms Kyle. Plus all the furry banter. An enjoyable read, will likely check out the rest.
Mallaidh
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Blah. I really enjoyed Celia Kyle's bear shifter series, but this didn't do it for me. Maya is annoying a fuck. She's the lion shifter version of Mia. They might be sisters. I rolled my eyes so many times at her bullshit I thought they'd get stuck. No bueno.
Aurian Booklover
Maya Josephs is intent to have a night of sex and fun in Genesis, a nightclub run by shifters. Shifters are out in this world, but not much is known about them. But when Alex smells her in his club, he wants her out immediately. Tonight is a special night, and one of the few a year when their women can become pregnant. But Alex’ lion has other ideas, it smells its mate and it wants her.

And so Maya ends up in Alex’s office and his bed for the night, and slinks of the next morning, not understand
One-Click
That was silly, but I liked it.
Honestly, I fell asleep while reading it late last night and then had a bat shit crazy shifter dream!

Big Alpha Kitty, Alex - Prime of the Lion Shifter's meets a Human who's been let into their club by another trouble making lioness on the night of their semiannual Gaian Moon when a big giant kitty orgy occurs to ensure the birth of plenty of cubs to keep the pride flourishing.

His Lion recognizes her as his mate and well, you know what happens next. BUT, she
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Vados (The Ujal, #1)
  • Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)
  • The Alpha Claims A Mate (Blue Moon Junction, #1)
  • Scent of a Mate (Sassy Mates, #1)
  • Sharp Change (Black Meadow Pack, #1)
  • Swan and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #2)
  • Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1)
  • Wolf Fever (Alpha Project, #1)
  • Outfoxed by Love (Kodiak Point, #2)
  • The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1)
  • Lucien's Mate (Soul Mates #1)
  • Her Purrfect Match (Paranormal Dating Agency, #3)
  • Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1)
  • A Mate's Bite (Sassy Mates, #2)
  • Bride Of The Alpha (Timber Valley Pack #1)
  • Fire Breathing Ovide (Dragons of the Bayou, #6)
  • The Bear's Reluctant Wolf (Sweet Water, #2)
  • When an Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride, #1)
Celia Kyle would like to rule the world and become a ninja. As a fall-back, she’s working on her writing career and giving readers stories that touch their hearts and *ahem* other places. Visit her online at http://celiakyle.com | http://facebook.com/celiakyle | http://twitter.com/celiakyle | http://pinterest.com/celiakyle

Ridgeville (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • You're Lion (Ridgeville, #2)
  • Ball Of Furry (Ridgeville, #3)
  • Head Over Tail (Ridgeville, #4)
  • Fierce in Fur (Ridgeville, #5)
  • Deuces Wild (Ridgeville, #6)
  • Sealed with a Purr (Ridgeville, #7)
  • Like a Fox (Ridgeville, #8)
  • Big Furry Deal (Ridgeville, #9)
  • Lion's Honor  (Ridgeville, #10)
  • Maya: Wisdom from the Queen (Ridgeville, #11)
“You ass-sniffing, butt-crack licking, litter-box-using fuckhole!” 29 likes
“God she needed this, needed the touch of a man who wanted her exactly as she was.” 2 likes