Start by marking “Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)

Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay #1)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  4,237 Ratings  ·  691 Reviews
Choose the one guy you can’t have . . .

As captain of a San Francisco Bay tour boat, Pru can handle rough seas—the hard part is life on dry land. Pru loves her new apartment and her neighbors; problem is, she’s in danger of stumbling into love with Mr. Right for Anybody But Her.

Fall for him—hard . . .

Pub owner Finn O’Riley is six-foot-plus of hard-working hottie who always
Published June 28th 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Little Lies, please sign up.

Nela Buy it. It's available from June 28th. This is not a reading site.

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jill Shalvis:

Sweet Little Lies is book one in a brand new series by Jill Shalvis, Heartbreaker Bay. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by Harper Collins and by the author.

You know that warm feeling you get when you read the very first page of a new book and you just know, you know that you are going to fall in love with this book, that it’s going to be one of those perfect books that make you sigh, smile, swoon, and get all those warm and fuzzy twirly feelings in your tu
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

description

There’s no secret I’m a big fan of this author. Her feel good stories about love, life, family, friends and happiness always make me smile and swoon and her characters are always so endearing and relatable that I simply fall for them from the moment they were introduced. I love a good contemporary romance and Jill Shalvis always knows how to effortlessly deliver one. ‘Sweet Little Lies’ is the first installment in her newest series entitle ‘Heartbreaker Bay’ and I honestly have to say I
Stacey is Sassy
description

Omissions and lies…have the power to hurt

***4.5 Stars***

I read Sweet Little Lies in a day. Unfortunately, it was because I woke up at 4:00am. I am not one of those people who gets lulled to sleep with the sound of the rain outside the window. I'm the poor sucker who hears a few drops...and I'm done, with no hopes of getting back to sleep. Luckily, this was a really great story so I was actually grateful for the extra reading time.

Jill Shalvis is by far one of my favourite contemporary romance au
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

She'd already wandered way off the track she'd set for herself, a fact that was now coming back to bite her hard because...
Because she was falling for him.

There's nothing better for me than getting lost in a Jill Shalvis novel. This was the author that first introduced me to contemporary romance and she continues to be my go-to when I'm in the mood for a sweet romance with some steam and some of the swooniest heroes I've ever read.

Sweet Little Lies is the first book in the brand new Hea
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

4.5 Stars!

So if you know me well, you'll know that I'm not a contemporary kinda girl, or even a beach or summer read kind of reader. But its Jill Shalvis, and I've only heard good things about this author and I can confirm that they are all true! I swear I'm not fibbing, I was in stitches for the most part while reading this book, the tongue in cheek humor flowed so well and it just got better and better.

I love stories like this, set in a small towns where the author takes the time to introduce
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Jill Shalvis creates some of the best worlds and the most compelling characters in the contemporary romance genre! Sweet Little Lies is filled with poignancy, hope, romance, and passion. One of my favorite things about this book, and what is sure to be one of my favorite things about the series, is the supporting cast! So many amazing people whose stories also need to be told, and I can't wait to read all about them!

An ARC was provided by Avon Books via Edelweiss.
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Jan 18, 2016 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Another winner from Jill Shalvis!

I've been in a book funk for a week. I kept starting books that I couldn't finish. Then I started Sweet Little Lies, and what do you know? Bye book funk; hello happy place!

Sweet Little Lies has so much heart and emotion with an interesting and relatable cast of characters. At its center is Finn and Pru. Both Finn and Pru experienced great tragedies in their lives prior to meeting each other. Finn was this promising athlete who wanted nothing more than t
Sabrina
Sweet Little Lies is the start of Jill Shalvis' brand new Heartbreaker Bay series. It may only be the first book, but I already know that I will love all of these books. The group of characters that we're introduced to are all amazing, and I can't wait to get to know more about the others in their own stories.

This book follows Pru as she tries to make amends for something that was never her fault. Moving in to a new apartment she meets hottie bar owner, Finn. She's instantly drawn into his clos
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Review to come closer to release date!
So excited about this one! A new Jill Shalvis "happy place" !

(Arc offered in exchange for an honest review)
More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Woo! A new series from Jill Shalvis! Be still my fan-girl heart! lol There are four things you can depend on from a Shalvis read.

1. It'll have some sexy, yummy romance
2. It'll have quirky humor
3. It'll have characters you desperately want to be friends with in real life (or do naughty things to)
4. And it'll have tremendous heart.

And Sweet Little Lies totally delivered on all of the above. It was a fun step into a new series and into the life of Pru. A
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 12, 2016 Jacqueline's Reads rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Sweet Stars

Jill Shalvis is the queen of Chick Lit books. What are Chick Lit books you ask? These books are light, fun and filled with romance! Sweet Little Lies is the first book in the Heartbreaker Bay series. I’m a mega fan of reading books in the first of the series, so let’s get to it!

First off, the cover is super adorable. I found the characters very unique. The Heroine, Pru is captain of a tour boat. You don’t read that every day but her profession isn’t the focus of the book. Come to
Anne OK
Jul 03, 2016 Anne OK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Absolutely loved this one! Jill Shalvis opens her new "Heartbreaker Bay" series with an outstanding and fun-to-read story, along with a variety of amazing characters who keep the magic going. Local friendly bar, two brothers who are the owners with a sad history, lots of neighbors and friends who are frequent visitors, and a wishing fountain, along with the new girl who moves in carrying a load of secrets that you know are going to be exposed -- and what will happen then? Whose heart will be bro ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This was such a delightful romance! There was just so much that this book did right. The characters were great, including a wonderful cast of secondary characters. The chemistry between the couple was so intense that I just couldn't enough. I loved the little pieces of humor that worked its way into the story. The story was great and felt real to me. I am so glad that I picked this one up.

The characters in this story were simply amazing. I wa
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Adorable, sexy, moving & funny start to a new Jill Shalvis series!
I loved it!
Can't wait to read all the stories about all the people in the house!!!! ☺

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Susan
May 18, 2016 Susan rated it it was amazing
Sweet Little Lies

Jill Shalvis

I received an ARC from Edelweiss for an honest review.

I've only read one other Jill Shalvis book before SWEET LITTLE LIES. I know I know......don't shoot me okay? But after reading this funny and sexy story I am on a quest to read all the ones that I missed. Jill Shalvis is the perfect author for me. Funny, snarky, and just the right amount of hotness make the perfect story for me. I'm excited to read more of her stories.

SWEET LITTLE LIES is the first book in Jill Sh
Julie
Jun 20, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it
Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis is a 2016 Avon publication. I received a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

It’s always fun to escape into a Jill Shalvis romance novel, so I’m super excited about getting in on the ground floor of her latest series.

Pru is the captain of a charter boat service giving tours in the San Francisco area when she meets Finn, a local pub owner. Although Pru has given up on unicorns, wishing wells, and fairytales, there i
Dísir
The trend of brainless, witless and spineless female leads appears to be Jill Shalvis’s hallmark of late and I find myself barely pulling out my hair in frustration before the halfway point is really reached.

The setup is perfect: a bar owner who has worked his arse off to get him and his brother where they are today meets a sexy captain of a boat and gets involved, but said captain’s secret threatens to destroy what they have. Yet honesty, apparently, seems to take a backseat because the guy’s
Jaime Arkin
How did I not know that Jill Shalvis was writing ANOTHER new series? Seriously, I opened up Edelweiss and there was this beauty staring me in the face. Obviously I downloaded it and read it immediately, because there is nothing that hits the spot quite like a Jill Shalvis book does.

I loved the set-up for this story… Pru has spent her past trying to make up for mistake her parents made that affected the lives of plenty of others… she’s done all she can to help those whose lives were impacted, and
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jill Shalvis takes readers to the San Francisco Bay area and introduces us to a whole new set of characters. As expected, the women are on the quirky side and the men, well, the men are simply hotter than hell.

Finn O’Reily puts the SEX in sexy. I was immediately intrigued by Finn’s character. He’s a hard working guy that devotes most of his time in running his bar with his younger brother. The two have a bit of tension. Finn has sacrificed quite a lot over the years and his brother, Sean, at t
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis, set in San Francisco, California. Pru Harris is a captain of a tour boat and recently moved into a new apartment close to the pub owned by Finn O'Riley. The attraction is undeniable but Pru has a few secrets that Finn needs to know before anything ever happens.

Another really nice contemporary romance that only Jill Shalvis can write. Hot heroes and spunky heroines and interfering friends. And let's not forget our furry friends. Thor,
Claire Robinson
Sep 17, 2016 Claire Robinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3.5 Stars.

Still enjoyed it, but a relationship built around a lie or the omittance of truth because it's easier than being honest never sits well with me.

Loved Finn, and the overall set up for the series looks better than promising. Jill kept me entertained as always, just wish Pru had come clean earlier.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Being a huge fan of author Jill Shalvis I'm always like Horshack in Welcome Back Kotter when a book of hers comes up for review (and if you don't get that frame of reference then one you are way too young and two GOOGLE it) so I was excited about her new Heartbreak Bay series, but after reading Sweet Little Lies I am beyond excited. I want to shout from the rooftops about this series because these are my people! This ragtag group of friends w
***ARC Gifted via the Publisher and Goodreads Giveaway***

Review Originally Appeared on I'm A Sweet and Sassy Book Whore:

I love Jill Shalvis, usually. So this was a little disappointing for me. I was excited to win the giveaway and thrilled to get an early chance at this one, but it fell flat for me in a lot of ways.
Pru was shallow to me, not necessarily as a person, but as a character, she was lacking something. I never really believed she was that passion
Debbie I Heart YA Books

Sweet Little Lies is hysterically funny with a touch of break-your-heart romance. Pru is an amazing heroine. Pru’s witty sense of humor had me laughing all the way through her romance with Finn—but there were also a few tears, too. Ever since Pru was eighteen, she’s been trying to right a wrong, even though it's not technically her wrong to make right. But Pru takes responsibility for it, of the guilt, for what happened, and she’s succeeded in all she’s set out to help—all except for one: Finn O
Dina
3 1/2 stars (rounded down to 3 stars, because I thought that Pru's secret wasn't that damning to make her so wary of telling Finn the truth and, on that same note, his reaction ended up feeling forced to me)
Lover of Romance
Jun 25, 2016 Lover of Romance rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review Updated
Summary
Prudence is a San Francisco Bay Tour Host captain and she can handle just about any tough situation until she meets the one man she could fall head over heels for....Finn O'Riley. Even though he seems to be the perfect man, she knows that there is one circumstance in which they can never be together. Their past are intertwined and she is in trouble where Finn is concerned. In a terrible accident when Pru has turned eighteen, her
Kassiah
5 stars.

This review also appears on Pretty Sassy Cool.

You can't go wrong with Jill Shalvis, and I for one am so excited to see this brand new series from her. Did you see the cover? *swoon*

Pru's got a secret. And that secret is enough to destroy everything when she finds herself falling for the enigmatic pub owner Finn O'Reilly. She went to this town, hoping to right a wrong and ended up falling in love. I was hooked from the very beginning.
He pointed at her.

"Me?" she asked, even though he could
Christina
Jun 27, 2016 Christina rated it really liked it
4 Stars - 3 Flames

When I first read this blurb, I was looking forward to reading the typical Contemporary Romance. Little did I know that I'd be in love with it. I normally don't compare books, but I can't help but think about how much this one reminded me of Wallbanger. This book has a little bit everything: love, suspense, and a lot humor.

Pru is a sea captain by day and honorary saint by trade. After a traffic accident took her parents lives, she's been determined to "make things right" by an
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Really, really cute! The best Jill Shalvis for me in a while. So happy she deviated from her normal "no string attached" trope. The progression of Pru and Finn's relationship was real and sweet, and Pru's secret wasn't irritating like I thought it would be. I hope the next book follows the same path!
nick

Jill Shalvis' books are always a blast to read. With their familiarity, her books are endearing and utterly charming. I'm always left with a giant smile, and lots of warm and fuzzy feelings when I'm done reading one of her books. Sweet Little Lies had everything that I wanted out of it.

The characters in this book were so much fun. I loved them all! Pru, the main character, was really great. Her bubbly personality, her selfless nature and her sweetness truly made this book a highlight for me. Aft
Simply Irresistib...: Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay #1) 1 24 Jul 05, 2016 07:56PM
  • Just Kiss Me
  • The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys #1)
  • Hot in Hellcat Canyon (Hellcat Canyon, #1)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Guthrie Brothers #1)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Best Worst Mistake (Brightwater, #3)
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • The Thing About Love
  • To Have and to Hold (The Wedding Belles, #1)
  • Homecoming (Boys of Fall, #3)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons, #3)
  • Dirty Thoughts (Mechanics of Love, #1)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Happy Ever After in Christmas (Christmas, Colorado #7)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)

Look for Jill's latest, SWEET LITTLE LIES on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Heartbreaker Bay (5 books)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)

“Willa came around to Finn's side of the bar. She was tiny, barely came up to his shoulder, but she was like a mother cat when riled. He knew better than to go toe to toe with her, especially when she was giving him The Look. But he wasn't in the mood. "No," he said.

"You don't even know what I'm going to say."

"You're going to say I'm being a stupid guy," Finn said. "But newsflash, I am a guy and sometimes we're stupid. Deal with it."

"I wasn't going to say that." She paused when he slid her a look and she sighed.

"Okay, fine, I was. But you are being stupid.”
3 likes
“I need his address."

Sean went brows up. "His address."

"Yes, please."

"You going to show him a good time?" he asked. "Because darlin', he sure could use it."

"I'm on it," she said and then realized what he'd meant, which was not what she'd meant. "Wait, that's not--"

"Oh, it's way too late," Sean said, laughing his ass off.”
3 likes