Start by marking “Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)

Sweet Little Lies

(Heartbreaker Bay #1)

Choose the one guy you can’t have . . .

As captain of a San Francisco Bay tour boat, Pru can handle rough seas—the hard part is life on dry land. Pru loves her new apartment and her neighbors; problem is, she’s in danger of stumbling into love with Mr. Right for Anybody But Her.

Fall for him—hard . . .

Pub owner Finn O’Riley is six-foot-plus of hard-working hottie who always
Published June 28th 2016 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Little Lies, please sign up.
Sara ♥ You can download the Kindle app on your phone or download Kindle for PC onto your computer. Buy the Kindle book from Amazon, and VOILA! Reading…moreYou can download the Kindle app on your phone or download Kindle for PC onto your computer. Buy the Kindle book from Amazon, and VOILA! Reading online.(less)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jill Shalvis:

Sweet Little Lies is book one in a brand new series by Jill Shalvis, Heartbreaker Bay. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by Harper Collins and by the author.

You know that warm feeling you get when you read the very first page of a new book and you just know, you know that you are going to fall in love with this book, that it’s going to be one of those perfect books that make you sigh, smile, swoon, and get all those warm and fuzzy twirly feelings in your tu
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

There’s no secret I’m a big fan of this author. Her feel good stories about love, life, family, friends and happiness always make me smile and swoon and her characters are always so endearing and relatable that I simply fall for them from the moment they were introduced. I love a good contemporary romance and Jill Shalvis always knows how to effortlessly deliver one. ‘Sweet Little Lies’ is the first installment in her newest series entitle ‘Heartbreaker Bay’ and I honestly have to say I
Stacey is Sassy
description

Omissions and lies…have the power to hurt

***4.5 Stars***

I read Sweet Little Lies in a day. Unfortunately, it was because I woke up at 4:00am. I am not one of those people who gets lulled to sleep with the sound of the rain outside the window. I'm the poor sucker who hears a few drops...and I'm done, with no hopes of getting back to sleep. Luckily, this was a really great story so I was actually grateful for the extra reading time.

Jill Shalvis is by far one of my favourite contemporary romance au
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

She'd already wandered way off the track she'd set for herself, a fact that was now coming back to bite her hard because...
Because she was falling for him.

There's nothing better for me than getting lost in a Jill Shalvis novel. This was the author that first introduced me to contemporary romance and she continues to be my go-to when I'm in the mood for a sweet romance with some steam and some of the swooniest heroes I've ever read.

Sweet Little Lies is the first book in the brand new Hea
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

4.5 Stars!

So if you know me well, you'll know that I'm not a contemporary kinda girl, or even a beach or summer read kind of reader. But its Jill Shalvis, and I've only heard good things about this author and I can confirm that they are all true! I swear I'm not fibbing, I was in stitches for the most part while reading this book, the tongue in cheek humor flowed so well and it just got better and better.

I love stories like this, set in a small towns where the author takes the time to introduce
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Jill Shalvis creates some of the best worlds and the most compelling characters in the contemporary romance genre! Sweet Little Lies is filled with poignancy, hope, romance, and passion. One of my favorite things about this book, and what is sure to be one of my favorite things about the series, is the supporting cast! So many amazing people whose stories also need to be told, and I can't wait to read all about them!

An ARC was provided by Avon Books via Edelweiss.
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'My fun whisperer' Stars!

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!! I am so addicted to this series already! I don’t know why I waited this much to read it. Thank God I decided to start when I saw the announcement of the movie adaptation of the second book on Passion Flix (The Trouble with Mistletoe). And yes, I started with the second book and now I also have fallen in love with the first one because Pru and Finn are such a dreamy couple! I am in love and I want moreeeee!!

So, Sweet Little Lies is the first ins
Sabrina
Sweet Little Lies is the start of Jill Shalvis' brand new Heartbreaker Bay series. It may only be the first book, but I already know that I will love all of these books. The group of characters that we're introduced to are all amazing, and I can't wait to get to know more about the others in their own stories.

This book follows Pru as she tries to make amends for something that was never her fault. Moving in to a new apartment she meets hottie bar owner, Finn. She's instantly drawn into his clos
Geri Reads
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Another winner from Jill Shalvis!

I've been in a book funk for a week. I kept starting books that I couldn't finish. Then I started Sweet Little Lies, and what do you know? Bye book funk; hello happy place!

Sweet Little Lies has so much heart and emotion with an interesting and relatable cast of characters. At its center is Finn and Pru. Both Finn and Pru experienced great tragedies in their lives prior to meeting each other. Finn was this promising athlete who wanted nothing more than t
Dísir
The trend of brainless, witless and spineless female leads appears to be Jill Shalvis’s hallmark of late and I find myself barely pulling out my hair in frustration before the halfway point is really reached.

The setup is perfect: a bar owner who has worked his arse off to get him and his brother where they are today meets a sexy captain of a boat and gets involved, but said captain’s secret threatens to destroy what they have. Yet honesty, apparently, seems to take a backseat because the guy’s
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Review to come closer to release date!
So excited about this one! A new Jill Shalvis "happy place" !

(Arc offered in exchange for an honest review)
More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Sweet Stars

Jill Shalvis is the queen of Chick Lit books. What are Chick Lit books you ask? These books are light, fun and filled with romance! Sweet Little Lies is the first book in the Heartbreaker Bay series. I’m a mega fan of reading books in the first of the series, so let’s get to it!

First off, the cover is super adorable. I found the characters very unique. The Heroine, Pru is captain of a tour boat. You don’t read that every day but her profession isn’t the focus of the book. Come to
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

Woo! A new series from Jill Shalvis! Be still my fan-girl heart! lol There are four things you can depend on from a Shalvis read.

1. It'll have some sexy, yummy romance
2. It'll have quirky humor
3. It'll have characters you desperately want to be friends with in real life (or do naughty things to)
4. And it'll have tremendous heart.

And Sweet Little Lies totally delivered on all of the above. It was a fun step into a new series and into the life of Pru. A
Yodamom
Honesty is a big important point in a relationship for me and this chick couldn't do it.
The story was good the characters were great except the female MC Pru. What a soggy piece of bread she was. Wishy washy, I'll do tomorrow what I should do today type. She played with other people's lives, put herself in someones life in a dishonest way and just kept making excuses not to be upfront and honest. Sure she was giving, and kind and gave up nearly everything to make up for her parents crime. But wh
Anne OK
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Absolutely loved this one! Jill Shalvis opens her new "Heartbreaker Bay" series with an outstanding and fun-to-read story, along with a variety of amazing characters who keep the magic going. Local friendly bar, two brothers who are the owners with a sad history, lots of neighbors and friends who are frequent visitors, and a wishing fountain, along with the new girl who moves in carrying a load of secrets that you know are going to be exposed -- and what will happen then? Whose heart will be bro ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 15, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished, romance
At around the 20% mark I got suspicious. You see, Pru has a secret that she knows will upset the relationship that is budding with Finn. And everybody who knows this is telling her to tell him before things go too far. Only she's a big fat chicken. And I was tired of this stupid secret at 20% and wondered how far it'd persist. So I skipped ahead. And then skipped some more. And then more. The answer? She waits another 65% of the book. So it isn't until the last 50 pages that it comes out. This e ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

This was such a delightful romance! There was just so much that this book did right. The characters were great, including a wonderful cast of secondary characters. The chemistry between the couple was so intense that I just couldn't enough. I loved the little pieces of humor that worked its way into the story. The story was great and felt real to me. I am so glad that I picked this one up.

The characters in this story were simply amazing. I wa
Claire Robinson
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3.5 Stars.

Still enjoyed it, but a relationship built around a lie or the omittance of truth because it's easier than being honest never sits well with me.

Loved Finn, and the overall set up for the series looks better than promising. Jill kept me entertained as always, just wish Pru had come clean earlier.
Julie
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis is a 2016 Avon publication. I received a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

It’s always fun to escape into a Jill Shalvis romance novel, so I’m super excited about getting in on the ground floor of her latest series.

Pru is the captain of a charter boat service giving tours in the San Francisco area when she meets Finn, a local pub owner. Although Pru has given up on unicorns, wishing wells, and fairytales, there i
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Adorable, sexy, moving & funny start to a new Jill Shalvis series!
I loved it!
Can't wait to read all the stories about all the people in the house!!!! ☺

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Susan
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Little Lies

Jill Shalvis

I received an ARC from Edelweiss for an honest review.

I've only read one other Jill Shalvis book before SWEET LITTLE LIES. I know I know......don't shoot me okay? But after reading this funny and sexy story I am on a quest to read all the ones that I missed. Jill Shalvis is the perfect author for me. Funny, snarky, and just the right amount of hotness make the perfect story for me. I'm excited to read more of her stories.

SWEET LITTLE LIES is the first book in Jill Sh
Jaime Arkin
How did I not know that Jill Shalvis was writing ANOTHER new series? Seriously, I opened up Edelweiss and there was this beauty staring me in the face. Obviously I downloaded it and read it immediately, because there is nothing that hits the spot quite like a Jill Shalvis book does.

I loved the set-up for this story… Pru has spent her past trying to make up for mistake her parents made that affected the lives of plenty of others… she’s done all she can to help those whose lives were impacted, and
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jill Shalvis takes readers to the San Francisco Bay area and introduces us to a whole new set of characters. As expected, the women are on the quirky side and the men, well, the men are simply hotter than hell.

Finn O’Reily puts the SEX in sexy. I was immediately intrigued by Finn’s character. He’s a hard working guy that devotes most of his time in running his bar with his younger brother. The two have a bit of tension. Finn has sacrificed quite a lot over the years and his brother, Sean, at t
Laura (Kyahgirl)
DNF
A self flagellating, hand wringing martyr who is TSTL is the main female character. I literally cringed after the millionth time she started whining to herself that Finn would never forgive her for lying but she "couldn't help herself". And to actually start having sex with someone that you had been so dishonest with.....ugh. And really, nothing else at all happens in the story except cute scenes with the dog, fun scenes hanging out at the pub or playing softball. I quit after chapter 18, par
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis, set in San Francisco, California. Pru Harris is a captain of a tour boat and recently moved into a new apartment close to the pub owned by Finn O'Riley. The attraction is undeniable but Pru has a few secrets that Finn needs to know before anything ever happens.

Another really nice contemporary romance that only Jill Shalvis can write. Hot heroes and spunky heroines and interfering friends. And let's not forget our furry friends. Thor,
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Gifted via the Publisher and Goodreads Giveaway***

Review Originally Appeared on I'm A Sweet and Sassy Book Whore:

I love Jill Shalvis, usually. So this was a little disappointing for me. I was excited to win the giveaway and thrilled to get an early chance at this one, but it fell flat for me in a lot of ways.
Pru was shallow to me, not necessarily as a person, but as a character, she was lacking something. I never really believed she was that passion
Dina
3 1/2 stars (rounded down to 3 stars, because I thought that Pru's secret wasn't that damning to make her so wary of telling Finn the truth and, on that same note, his reaction ended up feeling forced to me)
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Being a huge fan of author Jill Shalvis I'm always like Horshack in Welcome Back Kotter when a book of hers comes up for review (and if you don't get that frame of reference then one you are way too young and two GOOGLE it) so I was excited about her new Heartbreak Bay series, but after reading Sweet Little Lies I am beyond excited. I want to shout from the rooftops about this series because these are my people! This ragtag group of friends w
Debbie I Heart YA Books

Sweet Little Lies is hysterically funny with a touch of break-your-heart romance. Pru is an amazing heroine. Pru’s witty sense of humor had me laughing all the way through her romance with Finn—but there were also a few tears, too. Ever since Pru was eighteen, she’s been trying to right a wrong, even though it's not technically her wrong to make right. But Pru takes responsibility for it, of the guilt, for what happened, and she’s succeeded in all she’s set out to help—all except for one: Finn O
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Letter-of-Apology Stars

You know those people who can never say “I’m sorry”….Well, I’m not one of them. I AM SORRY!!! to Jill Shalvis and ALL of her fans for waiting forever and being the last person/alien in the universe to read her books.

sorry despicable me GIF

This book had absolutely everything that I ADORE. I was laughing…..so much laughing. And giggling….the GIGGLING. And don’t forget the swooning. And the HEAT.

Finn & Pru. Pru & Finn. These two had me ass backwards in my couch chair shaking my feet in
Simply Irresistib...: Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay #1) 1 29 Jul 05, 2016 07:56PM
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
  • Dirty Thoughts (Mechanics of Love, #1)
  • Falling for the Enemy (Private Pleasures, #3)
  • Three Day Fiancée (Animal Attraction, #2)
  • Carolina Home (Dare Island, #1)
  • One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons #3; Rocky Mountain House #10)
  • Happy Ever After in Christmas (Christmas, Colorado #7)
  • Snowy Nights at the Lonely Hearts Hotel
  • Something Sweeter (Sweet, Texas, #3)
  • On the Edge (Uncommon, #0.5)
  • Once a SEAL (West Coast Navy SEALs, #2)
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Heartbreaker Bay (8 books)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
“I need his address."

Sean went brows up. "His address."

"Yes, please."

"You going to show him a good time?" he asked. "Because darlin', he sure could use it."

"I'm on it," she said and then realized what he'd meant, which was not what she'd meant. "Wait, that's not--"

"Oh, it's way too late," Sean said, laughing his ass off.”
5 likes
“Willa came around to Finn's side of the bar. She was tiny, barely came up to his shoulder, but she was like a mother cat when riled. He knew better than to go toe to toe with her, especially when she was giving him The Look. But he wasn't in the mood. "No," he said.

"You don't even know what I'm going to say."

"You're going to say I'm being a stupid guy," Finn said. "But newsflash, I am a guy and sometimes we're stupid. Deal with it."

"I wasn't going to say that." She paused when he slid her a look and she sighed.

"Okay, fine, I was. But you are being stupid.”
4 likes