Start by marking “The Lightening Round” as Want to Read:
The Lightening Round

The Lightening Round

The blockbuster SerialTeller serial THE LIGHTENING ROUND is now a novel. In THE LIGHTENING ROUND, Hannah More, a sassy single mom with weight issues, reluctantly enters Ultimate Level, a San Francisco gym which groups its members based on their weight and fitness levels. Much to her shock, Hannah actually finds that this crazy "fitness experience" works well for her. That ...more
ebook
Published October 12th 2015 by SerialTeller

To ask other readers questions about The Lightening Round, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lightening Round

Romancing the Book
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Danielle U
Book provided by the publisher

The Lightening Round by Bruce Stuart is one phenomenal chick-lit. I couldn't believe how addictive this read was...every page had me turning the pages in a rush find out more. The leading female character will grab readers in from the first moment in meeting her. Automatically, her dilemmas become the readers. As a reader, I was cheering her on to feeling sorry for her to routing for the womanshe became in the end. Life and happiness may be p
Kathleen
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Lightening Round is an entertaining story that follows single mom Hannah More's humorous trials and tribulations when she joins Ultimate Level, a trendy San Francisco gym. Ultimate Level is considered more of a club that promotes a comprehensive health and fitness experience by grouping its members based on their weight and fitness levels, allowing them to work out on their own level without being judged by other members.

Hannah More is a thirty-nine year old single mom and successful owner o
D.E.
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it
The Lightening Round is one of those books, which is incredibly hard to categorize. I must admit that I was expecting a sweet romance proving that there are no leagues or levels in love. That's not exactly what I got. In the end I'd have to say that the novel is a cross between a satire and a romance. I think if the author had chosen to concentrate on satire or romance, the book would have worked better. Because - as much as I did like the story itself - the book in its entirety didn't do it for ...more
Danielle Urban
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Lightening Round by Bruce Stuart is definitely a must read for all women. A laugh-out-loud novel that will keep readers turning the pages. Bruce Stuart is indeed a talented writer. His words will captivate any audience. Page after page of excitement will leave readers falling in love with this terrific story.

A story of how one woman lets go and fights for who she is and what she wants. Somewhere along the way Hannah finds courage that she hasn't had in a long time. It all starts with her 6
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it

Yes, this book is rude, sexist, and VERY over-the-top, but... it was supposed to be that way (at least I hope it was). That's what made it so freakin hilarious! At first I didn't really think I was going to like it at all but the more I read the more I loved it. This book became an addiction for me! I couldn't help but read it.

This book came at just the right time for me. I, myself am trying to loose weight! I have lost 18 lbs since Sept and have gone from a size 12 to a size 8! I am in
Andrea Guy
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading a lot of really deep, books lately. I was really glad to read this one. I was told before going into this one that it wasn't a sweet romance, and I was ok with that. Oddly, I found this book to be something like a dystopian chick lit. Does that even exist?

Hannah is an interesting heroine. She starts out as the typical fat girl that shows up in these books. She is food focused and doesn't really want to try to lose weight. She has a rather good looking, user boyfriend that she'
Midwest Romantic
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it

Originally posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

I have to say, I was expecting a sweet romance but that’s not exactly what I got. And as much as I really enjoyed the story, the book in its entirety didn’t really do it for me.

It was an okay read…and here is why. Hannah was really great and I loved reading about her changes throughout the book, some of the relationships really didn’t make sense, but she was likable.

I did NOT like the gym, I just hated how they did things and I feel it was
Christy Wilson
Dec 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
At 25% in, when the heroine of the story and her friend were at the gym and dragged out turkey legs to eat? I was done. This was after the heroine went in with her friend to "support" him as he signed up, and pulled cookies out of her purse, along with a thermos of chocolate milk.

I'm a chubby chick and I found it offensive. I don't carry a special stash of food items OR a thermos with any kind of drink in it around with me.
Melissa Burcham
Jan 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Wow. I was very disappointed in this book. It was supposed to be a funny twist on someone struggling with weight issues. I didn't find anything funny about this book. I dont know if it is because I too am someone that has always struggled or not. But when the upper levels started having sex all over the gym I couldn't read any more.
Suzanne Smart
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun read -- got this book as a free book club give away, so all of us got a copy -- can't wait to see what the other ladies think. If you need some smiles and "really's" -- this is a good choice!
Luv2read
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this fun and engaging read about Hannah's journey to finding romance and happiness.
Melissa Bradbury
Heather Flaigg
Aug 27, 2016
Stacy
Nov 03, 2016
Bruce Stuart is the author of five previous books (published as Bruce S. Stuart) and is the founder of the popular serial fiction website, SerialTeller.com

The Lightening Round was previously seen in part as a serial on SerialTeller.com under the pseudonym K.T. Newman.

Bruce lives and works in San Francisco.