Jump to ratings and reviews

The Chasing Series #2

Finding Forever

What if forever was never meant to be?

Kara Thorn had always been the confident one until the fateful day her heart was shattered. She lost the one person she thought would never walk away….

Devon McGraw, the man who had promised her forever.

When Kara returns to her hometown for a wedding, fate intervenes throwing her and Devon together once again. Their chemistry is stronger than ever before, but Devon is not the same guy that Kara fell in love with. The man he’d become had a past, and it was complicated.

He wanted a week, but Kara wants forever.

Will Kara forgive Devon’s past or will her own ruin any chance of her finding forever?

Kindle Edition

First published October 29, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Linda Oaks

7 books109 followers
Linda Oaks loves chaotic romances with happily ever after’s. She believes the road to true love is always complicated. She has a passion for sweet tea, chick flicks, fuzzy socks and eighties big hair bands. When she’s not writing, she can be found spending time with her family, reading, fishing or lying in a hammock in her front yard daydreaming. She resides in Eastern Kentucky with her husband, two children and a horde of animals. She can be found on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. She can also be reached by email at authorlindaoaks@gmail.com. She loves connecting with her readers.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
7 (11%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 31 reviews
50 reviews6 followers
So unoriginal...Spoilers

I wish I had followed my first mind and not bought the book. Maybe I am getting jaded in my old age (37) and I have read too much. But I like to think I have read enough to know a story written well with an original plot, or a story with a predictable plot written so well it didn't matter. This book hit neither one. While I had moments where I thought I could like the heroine, she was just too much on the weak side. I like her affinity for goddesses and pink. I like her friendships. But she is actually the girl that many people shake their heads at because not only does this fairy tale ending not really happen for girls like her that let men walk over them, but she is the girl everyone calls pathetic. And Devon's reason? Seriously? It would be more believable if he did it because he thought she deserved better but did it in a more believable way. He let a strange chick sit next to him in the hospital daily but not "the love of his life" cause he needed to set her free? And good grief can I get a heroine to stop chasing around someone that obviously is stupid? And of course she just completely bonds with his son. The reason she left at the end was also out of place - she didn't think he could forgive her because of who caused the accident? total BS. I skipped much of the middle and skimmed because it was full of badly written sex scenes. What's crazy is the author can put words together, she just can't bring them to life.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Anne Bollmann (Annelise Lestrange).
623 reviews72 followers
November 17, 2015
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

I received this copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. Let's go :D

The Story

Kara never found herself the weak woman type, but that was exactly how she was behaving since her break up with her high school boyfriend, Devon. Years passed and Kara couldn’t bring herself to move on and of course that having to face her ex during her best friend’s wedding wasn’t helping at all, but Brandon would kill her if she ditched the party over Devon.

As Kara expected, seeing Devon again had a catastrophic effect on her and both made out when she was drunk at Brandon’s wedding party. Kara got crazy when she found that out on the following day and her discussion with Devon was even more confusing: he wanted her as badly as she wanted him. But why did Devon ended everything?

Now, Kara has a week to find out if her time with Devon means to truly say goodbye or finally finding her forever.

The Analysis

Just remembering that those were my impressions and opinion while reading :)

I’d like to start this review stating that I am very partial to Linda’s works and that with Finding Forever it didn’t go differently. I loved the first book, it was amazing and now the second proved to be just as wonderful. I loved the end, Devon, everything! Overall, it was a 5 stars book for me (and behold, as I’m not a real fan of contemporary romance) and Linda did a great job on this sequel.

As it went with Chasing Rainbows, the narrative on Finding Forever is first person style, always from Kara’s point of view. The good thing was that I didn’t have any major issues with her, so I was okay with the first person thing. I still maintain my opinion that you leave holes on the story by writing it only from one point of view, as it happened here, but there weren’t any important loose ends on Finding Forever. Oaks obviously evolved from one book to another in this aspect and I’m very proud of her!

The plot was very simple, but it worked just fine for me. I was hoping for a happy ending for Kara, but was prepared to everything, you know? There were several moments where I just didn’t know what would happen to her because at one time, Kara seemed to handle things well and on the other, she was desperate (only comparing bad situations to write this passage). What I really liked is how Oaks showed that, sometimes, you can’t make a truthful feeling win if there is no transparency on the relationship. Kara and Devon always loved each other, but they fought every time that Devon held information – and you see, Kara isn’t even the stalking type.

It is funny how things change once we learn about what is happening. On Chasing Rainbows, I thought Kara a very superficial and unrealistic character and I said so: her romance with Devon sounded so artificial at the time, as the spotlight was on Addie (whom we see again on Finding Forever, yay!). On this book, I already saw her differently: besides seeing her as an adult now, I could understand Kara’s head and the extension of her relationship with Devon. It then became obvious that they always had problems, but their love was bigger and that was what made Addie think them the perfect couple. I got angry with her anyway, as her lack of sexual control disappointed me. I understand that you have chemistry with Devon, but for God’s sake, grab a hold of yourself and think a little about consequences, if you please? Thank you. I just won’t bitch much over this because Kara surprise me in the end and I have to show some respect to her now, haha!

Devon was another problem. I loved him as his type is totally mine: tall, dark and handsome with black hair and icy blue eyes. But omg, he needs a serious workshop on how to work out a relationship. He was so bipolar at times that I wanted to punch him in the face and I wish Kara had done so, honestly. It was nice to see Addie and Jake again, I got very curious about Nate’s suddenly appearance (he was Addie’s dead sister boyfriend), and am still confused about Clyde as a whole. I mean, did he dislike Kara or his problems with her were due whose daughter she was? I wish I could be sure, haha!

I wasn’t really mad about Finding Forever’s sex scenes, but at least they were not vulgar; Oaks used them more as an illustration of the power of the desire between Kara and Devon, that was cool, haha!

Overall, I think it is a very good contemporary romance, very real without being boring. Oaks did a good job here and grew a lot as a writer. And Devon was hotter than the twins and Jake combined, sorry boys.

That’s it! Thanks so much for sending me this, Linda! <3
Profile Image for Bookbuster.
59 reviews7 followers
May 6, 2016
“What about alluring? Stunning? Even breathtaking?”

I love the way Linda Oaks brought the characters together, the story was equal in the love, the plot, the twist and the intimacy. The story was refreshing!

when had I turned into such a horn dog? Oh that’s right, just whenever I was around this man.

Kara was devastated when Devon leaves her so unexpectedly, with no reason. Devon had his reasons to take this step in his life. At Brandon’s wedding party when she was drunk and both made out changed everything. Kara was a beautiful person.! I loved her tremendously, what a beautiful lady, both inside and out. She embraced little Jagger immediately.

“Instead, the one person I’d trusted more than I trusted myself had shattered my heart. He’d tossed me aside like yesterday’s trash and never looked back. The problem was, I looked back enough for the both of us.”

Devon What a man. He is funny, hot, sexy and stronger than before. He is a great father and a fabulous boyfriend.

When I wake up in the morning, you’re the first thing on my mind. When I close my eyes at night, you’re the last thought I have before I drift off to sleep.

Finding Forever by Linda Oaks is a story about second chances and redemption. About how love can stand the test of time. It's sad, sweet and heartwarming. Leaving you with a feeling of hope that no matter what will happen, LOVE can conquer all.

What if forever was never meant to be?
If It's Not Forever. It's Not Love.
March 18, 2016
So I read this sometime a while back and Idk I did NOT add it to goodreads!! My very first book by Linda Oaks. This totally captivated my poor little broken heart not everyone gets that happy ending. Love concourse all so they say.
Profile Image for Melyssa Winchester.
Author 27 books236 followers
November 5, 2015
description

Title: Finding Forever
Author: Linda Oaks
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series or Standalone: Standalone Series (Chasing Series)
Rating: ★★★★ ½ Stars

Review

description

I’m a sucker for a second chance romance. When you add a single parent into the mix, or rather a child, it captures me even more. This story had both.

I’ve never had the pleasure of reading a story by this author before, but after being swept away with this one, I can definitely see reading more from her in the future. For that matter, since I know there’s a backstory going on with two of the other characters in the story, I see myself going back and seeing how Addison and Jake came to be exactly what they were in this book.

But this story isn’t about them. It’s about life throwing both Kara and Devon a curve ball and giving them a chance to rectify the mistakes of the past that inevitably tore them apart. Even though years have passed since they last saw each other. It’s a second chance for them to admit to the love that they share that never died and hopefully obtain their true happily ever after.

Having made her way home for the wedding of two of her friends, Kara is somewhat prepared for the inevitable run in she is going to have with her ex-boyfriend Devon. The man that despite being pushed away years before, she has never truly gotten over. Focusing instead of starting her life over far from him and the past they share.

One crazy decision at the wedding reception and as expected, they’re on each other’s radar again and in a major way. Only when they’re thrown together in the light of day, things don’t exactly go as expected.

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but when Kara goes to Devon in the beginning, I wanted to smack the living crap out of him. His actions here left a sour taste in my mouth and my heart hurt for Kara even though at that point, I was still attempting to connect to her. I’m pretty sure it was in that moment that I connected honestly, because the way things went and the way he made her feel, well I felt it in my bones.

But before I wrote Devon off completely, I had to know what possesses him to do the things he does. I needed answers as to why he made a decision years before (after an accident changes his life) to push the love of his life away. I wanted to understand his motivations and the more I read, or rather in this case devoured, the more I did indeed come to understand him.

You never want to feel for the person that pushes someone they love away, but thanks to the uncle that just couldn’t mind his own business (and quite honestly, had me in stitches quite a few times in the story), and then Devon’s own explanations himself, that’s exactly what happens. Sure, he may not have done the right thing all those years ago, but what puts him on that path and why he does what he does comes across very understandable at least to this reader.

The point at which they come back together worked for me. It wasn’t right away, but it wasn’t prolonged for a long period either. With second chance at love stories, I feel different than I do with standard love stories because the love is already there and for me personally, I’m always eager to see them get back to it. And in this case they did and it worked.

What also worked is that even though you were shown and could feel the way that they felt about one another, it wasn’t all pretty and easy. There were obstacles in their path. Devon’s ability to open up and talk about things, the issues with the mother of his child and then on the other end Kara’s overreacting at times, her waiting for the other shoe to drop and then the event that sends her running and finally wakes Devon up. It wasn’t an easy ride and it was all of that, that I enjoyed most.

The pacing was great. It moved quite a bit faster than I was expecting, but not so fast that I felt there were parts missing. The other characters played their parts well, and added just enough intrigue to the story moving around them that I’m eager to read more in the future. I enjoyed the ending, though I do wish it would have been drawn out a bit more, but the length of it didn’t really take away all that much from it and I still got the payoff I was ultimately after.

All in all, I enjoyed this book and I’m glad I took the chance on it.

My thanks to the author and all others involved in giving me the chance to read this before its official release. I look forward to more from this author in the future.
Profile Image for KULELE.
Author 2 books99 followers
July 1, 2016
This is the second book to the Chasing Series. In this story, several years had passed since the first book and it focuses on Kara and Devon, two characters we met in the first book.

First off, it can be read as a standalone since the author had provided enough background information about the main characters for the story to make sense. In Finding Forever, we see a broken Kara. She had split up with the man of her dreams and still couldn’t find a way to live a normal life without him.

Around her, the people she held dear to her heart are all happy and moving on with their lives. Kara tried really hard not to burden them with her problems. One solid thing about her is that Kara is a great friend. She loves Addie and Brandon so much. In this story we also finally meet her mother and see their special relationship.

And we see Devon. No two people had ever loved one another like these couple. A cliché, yes, but Kara and Devon’s type of love is so deep that they would sacrifice their forever if they think that it’s the best for the other.

But the fire they have between them…ahhh…

As I have said, Finding Forever is a standalone but to understand the depth of emotion raging inside the main characters, you have to meet them first in Chasing Rainbows. Kara is like she is because she’s a product of her upbringing. She had only ever been loved by one man and to lose that kind of love just…broke her.

I believe the entire series isn’t about major conflict like a natural disaster had destroyed everything or losing everything: home, work, friends which then breaks the family or love between the characters. Chasing series is about a person’s internal struggles and finding ways on how to cope with them. It’s so basic, so simple, so real that actually is very hard to write about and express in a story. Kara’s struggles with inferiority…her insecurities is so contemporary that you might find you know someone like her…maybe even be her.

Take a chance and see for yourself if Kara and Devon will eventually find their forever.

Profile Image for Mignon Mykel.
Author 77 books643 followers
October 30, 2015
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 / 5 stars

Years ago, Devon severed ties with the girl he loved -- and has regretted it ever since. He had his reasons, deep reasons that were rooted in guilt, but he knew Kara was better off without him.

Kara always thought of her friends, she'd be the first to get married. She and Devon had been a match made in heaven until all of a sudden... they just weren't. Now, she's pulled on her big girl, best friend face for not one, but two weddings and as hard as she tries to keep Devon and his lady friend away, her friends are his friends, too, and there's simply no avoiding.

I loved Kara and her tequila-makes-her-clothes-off self. With it, she finally gets the nerve to talk to, dance with, just openly gaze at, Devon. Devon is still in love with Kara, but he has commitments now, on top of the guilt, and needs to figure out how to work everything.

These two don't have the easiest of roads -- there are players who kept them apart when they were younger (who switch teams now that they're older), and players who are manipulative and will do anything to keep them apart...then and now. The one thing they do have though, beside themselves, is their friends -- and even when Devon and Kara forget to fight for themselves, their friends step up to do the job.

I was so engrossed in this story. In a period of books that I enjoyed but had to put down to pick up another, this was the one that was read in one sitting, no interruptions.

My biggest disappointment in the story, though, because goodness knows the happy bubble has to pop sometime, was the end. I don't feel that, for the reader, there was proper closure on some of the driving factors that had kept them apart . Devon and Kara said they'd talk, and it wasn't even mentioned in that chapter; only to be breezed over in a semi-paragraph stating that "they did talk" -- I wanted to see the conversation! I felt that with as much build-up as it had and the drama it forced in the story, the reader deserved to experience that closure.
Profile Image for Michelle Krystel .
1,863 reviews42 followers
October 13, 2016
Finally got his head out of his ass lol.

I never thought Devon and Kara would break up. From the first book they seemed so in love. That it was really hard to come to terms with. But I knew Kara stilled loved him and he had feelings for her. They have a connection like no other. Devon really needed to get his shit together. He had hurt Kara alot more than he realized and that hurt to see her go through all of that. Devon should have never turned her away to begin with. He thought he was doing the right thing. But in the end it should have been Kara choice to stay or go. Another 5 star plus material!!!
Profile Image for Red Cheeks Reads.
2,149 reviews367 followers
March 30, 2016
A story of second chances and first loves. Kara is left devastated when Devon leaves her so unexpectedly, with no reason and completely broken but when she finally has the courage to talk to him again it seems Devon had his reasons and all is not as it seems; guilt, secrets, true love and hope combine to create a beautiful love story.

“I always thought it would be me. I would be the first, but it never happened that way. Life rarely worked out as planned. All those so called plans that everyone seems to preach about have a way of going to shit pretty fast when you least expect it.”

Kara was a beautiful person. A lovely woman who was an amazing friend, always there for others no matter what was going on with her life and also has courage and strength even when she was broken inside.

Devon was a slightly broody make lead but still a man who could make you swoon. His love for Kara was so beautiful and so strong that he was willing to sacrifice his happiness to ensure hers which is so beautiful!

“I didn’t see anyone but him. There was only this man. The man who drove me crazy. The man who made my heart skip a beat. The man I loved more than my next breath…”

Just like the other book in this series (although each book can be read as a standalone) we find ourselves entranced and in the middle of a beautiful but complicated love between two people who each have their own internal struggles; struggles they must overcome if there is any hope for a happily ever after, one both characters deserve.

~Bethany

Profile Image for Gina Sevani.
Author 7 books256 followers
November 4, 2015
Finding Forever stole my heart! Linda Oak's is an exceptional writer. Her words flow perfectly and I love the way she tackles character development. I will definitely read whatever this author writes. ***** 5 incredible stars!

I honestly don’t know where to begin with this review for Finding Forever. I was hooked from the first few pages and couldn’t wait to see what happened with this couple. I adored them in Chasing Rainbows and I was excited to get to read more about Devon and Kara.

Devon is SEXY! I adored Kara’s sassiness in the first book, but she kind of lost that wonderful quality after having her heart broke by Devon. This book is about a second chance romance; the love that got away. Devon and Kara truly love one another but during their time apart (life happened) and at first I wasn’t sure how Kara would handle the obstacles that were thrown their way.

Intimate scenes were pretty darn hot… Not gonna lie, I backtracked and read a few of them over HAHA.

Read this story and support this wonderful author.

Will Devon and Kara finally get the life they always wanted or did time apart ruin everything?
Profile Image for Megan Bailey.
Author 1 book84 followers
October 30, 2015
Linda Oaks kills it with book 2 in the The Chasing Series. Kara Thorn is all grown up and gets her own book. It's an interconnected stand alone. You don't have to know Addie's story, but I highly recommend it!

I couldn't stop reading this book. When life tries to knock Kara down, she's the kind of girl who straightens her tiara and puts on a fresh coat of lipstick. I really liked her. And it took me five seconds to crush hard on Devon. That boy is lethal.

This book had me all over the place. I was sniffling, laughing, and muttering curses at certain characters. Many feels and some twists that kept me on my toes. It's pretty flipping great.
Profile Image for Kim  Brewing.
3,143 reviews31 followers
November 3, 2015

I did like it, BUT ...
There was no real explanation for the hot and cold from Devon, and I find it hard to believe Blair just gave up. I also hoped Kara bought stock in Kleenex, the girl was constantly crying!
January 25, 2016
*Some Spoilers*

I was given this book free in exchange for an honest review. Assuming you have read the other reviews given about this book, I'll leave out the synopsis. I have not read the first book in the series.

This author is up-and-coming into her own in the romantic genre. Oaks has the erotic scenes down pat and her supporting characters have true depth. For a short novel, that is a great accomplishment. Many short novels have names for plot devices rather than characters and history. I also really loved that the main character spoke in first person, a tactic that usually helps me put myself into the main character's shoes.

On a purely technical note, there were a few grammar mistakes; no big deal. Even George R. R. Martin has those. The transitions between chapters were great, each end leaving you with a tasty bit of information, enticing you to read another.

The main characters, Devon and Kara, in my opinion, have little maturity when handling the situation in which they find themselves. And Blair could have been a masterful opponent to Kara if Kara had a bit more spine. This is my main issue.

However, I understand heartbreak; I understand trauma. The only thing you can do when you've been blasted with headliner news about your loved one is *maybe* breathe. But then, Kara is very different than the woman I am. No doubt, I've handled stress as badly as she did when I was her age. (She's 24 and I'm 28.) Kara is super sweet, endearing, and beautifully kind. Noting those characteristics, I understand her sensitivities and reactions. I do not have the same reactions and I'm afraid it held me back from immersing fully into the book. She doesn't have the experience to react to her trauma in any other way, hence the emotional rollercoaster.

Devon is a statuesque piece of man flesh that sometimes speaks enough to drive Kara to the nutty house. He is the second main character of Finding Forever, next to Kara. There are some rationales given to the reader for Devon's actions: stubbornness, feeling responsible to a fault, guilt. Besides being a somewhat decent father, he does not seem to have a personality beyond his lust for Kara. However ideal, his motivation for pushing Kara away in the first place seems decent, it truly speaks to how weak he believes Kara is at handling stressful situations. Overly protective, much? Conversation between Kara and Devon feels lackluster, but the reader can easily feel the love that Kara has for him.

Reading the first book in the series is on my list of things to do since I seem to have a difficult time understanding the "Why" behind their love.

I have read hundreds of romance novels and I recognize this plot line. I truly don't mind the story or how it is told. There is a great blossoming talent in Linda Oaks. I enjoyed the story very much, despite my nit-picking and cried a few times. (Father abandonment issues, anyone? Just me? Okay...) I don't believe in-depth psychology is a field in which every aspiring writer should be a professional, but I hope that the main characters have another novel coming their way where they have a chance to develop into the heroes they could be!
Profile Image for Tina.
612 reviews23 followers
November 17, 2015
When you start reading Finding Forever, you jump right into the thick of things. You start this story running and you do not stop till the end. This book is packed with an emotional punch, one that allows the reader to understand the history between the characters and hope for their reconciliation. I found myself enjoying the story, well written and emotional, one that drew me in and kept me reading into the night.

Kara and Devon. These two have a history that is wrought with passion, connection, and massive heartache. As you read this story, you understand and experience their history and what transpired in the past. Linda Oaks does a great job of sharing their backstory, one that is woven throughout the story in such a way that you know what you need to at the right moment but you never doubt what they had in the past was real. At first I felt like there was quite a bit to take in. Within the first chapter you are thrust into a circle of friends, ones that have such history. There are so many people and so many memories and emotions weaving in and out. When the pieces come together, you realize that this story is going to be good. I appreciated the characters and situations in this story. You see how they have all matured, especially the two main lovebirds, learning from the past and attempting to find footing in the present and future.

At first I was frustrated with Kara and her pining. But as the story progresses you begin to understand why she cannot let Devon go and it all clicks into place. There is no closure and no peace from what happened. She was hit by an emotional freight truck out of nowhere and she never truly dealt with the fall out. The more you learn the more you understand. When these two reconnect, you feel Kara’s confusion and her longing. Watching the story unfold in her POV allows us to walk side by side with her as she attempts to muddle through the reality of what happened and where they are now. It was both sweet and heartbreaking to watch her put all the pieces together. Her heart is wide open and her strength is quiet and true.

The romance between these two is the main focus of what is happening. The story revolves around what happened years ago and the moments that spurred those reactions. Watching the truth unfold was really well done. Things come out into the open and everything clicks in place. The reactions are genuine and the result of the truth is tough to swallow. When Kara and Devon get a chance to reconnect it is something they desperately need. As the reader, you cheer them on to their HEA and hope for them to realize that together is the best way to be.

I will definitely be looking for more from Linda Oaks, hoping that there are more stories about the other characters in this book. The family and friends that you meet in this story are profound to what is happening, enriching the main storyline. Finding Forever is a beautiful story of second chances, hope, heartache, and love. It is a book that is well paced, well written, and sweet.
Profile Image for Itsy Bitsy Book Bits.
699 reviews48 followers
April 26, 2016
WOW GREAT READ!!
Best friends and boyfriends are the most exciting things in high school. You think things will always stay the same as in life goes on. But being an adult is the hardest thing you will ever have to accomplish. She is now going back to the one place she swore she would never return to.  Kara is on her way back home to her best friend’s wedding. They have planned their weddings since they were young girls.  She is excited but Kara carries a heavy emotional load with her.  Knowing she will see the one person that she loves more than life itself and who made her run for her sanity has her nerves on edge. She always thought it would be her getting married because she loved him so much. At the time she knew Devon loved her too. When he is the victim of a horrible tragedy he refuses to see Kara, no explanation. With a heavy heart she had to get away from his memory and try to start anew. The problem is that was an impossible task, day and night he was all she thought about, so going back home is becoming a difficult task but for Addie, her best friend, she would do anything.  When she see’s Devon Kara is determined to find out the answers she deserves. When Pandora’s Box is open lies come spilling out and new discoveries come to light. Lies in the name of love are still lies. Kara stumbles upon one of the biggest life changing events that she was never told about and this devastates her. All these people that she has known all her life keep saying it was to protect her or it was for her own good that things were kept from her. With all this new information Kara is determined to set things right and fight for what she wants and needs, but to do so she has to see someone who is a total stranger to her but has had a big influence on her life. Here’s to Goddess Pink lipstick read this book to find why.
Linda Oaks has nailed it with this book. What an emotional roller coaster ride. I love these characters and this read is amazing. Thanks Linda Oaks for this enjoyable book.
Profile Image for Chianti Summers.
Author 11 books40 followers
October 31, 2015
Given an ARC for an honest review. To have your heart crushed and realize that you are strong enough to start putting it back together. That is what Kara decided to do. People grow up, maybe have some regrets and become guarded. As time passes and then brings you back together that is when you are hit with the feelings again. Kara and Devon have a chemistry that cannot be denied. You get laughter and maybe a few tears with Finding Forever. Really you have to decide how you feel about all these characters by getting lost in the read. Kara and Devon will take you on a ride and you just need to hold on and see what happens. What happens when the ride comes to an end? Do you decide to go another round or realize that Finding Forever can be a tough go?
January 20, 2016
First book I read by the lovely Linda Oaks and I honestly loved it.
kara and Devon were it for each, Devon was everything for Kara until there was a almost fatal accident witch changed both of their lives.
You see I always say if your meant to be with someone no matter what obstacles you go thru in a relationship..if your meant to be with that person is meant to be..
Some people might say that Kara was weak for the things that happen in the story but
Kara wasn't weak..any woman who has been heartbroken wont think rationally they just react doesn't mean your weak means your a strong woman. Devon was a hot and tatted up and very stubborn took him a long while to figure out he need to fight for the love of his life.
So yes I loved Finding Forever .
Profile Image for Kerry-Louise.
17 reviews4 followers
February 26, 2016
ARC for an honest review.
This is a second chance romance.

Years ago Devon Mcgraw broke the heart of the girl who loved him with all her heart with no reason, just kicked her out of his hospital room telling her they were over.

Now after both her best friends weddings Kara Thorn finally has the courage to talk to Devon...
This was an emotional rollercoaster for Devon, he is still in love with Kara but the secrets and guilt have kept him away..

Once the truth and all the meddling have stopped and the rough road these two where on has ended they finally have a HEA..

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see 'the talk' between Devon and Kara. .

All in all was a great read and would definitely recommend.
Profile Image for Danielle ⚾️ (Danielle's Escape).
339 reviews142 followers
November 8, 2015
4.5 Forever Stars!

Sometimes pushing back Harder helps you win and grab what was yours to begin with.
When Devon comes to realize what he really wants and needs he pushes back too. When you do let go sometimes what belongs to you does come back, just sucks when we go through all the emotions and crap to figure it out. Everyone hates hurting the person they love is there a reason behind it?! I was flipping pages to find the answer.
I also loved we got glimpses into Addie and Jake! I have missed them and their forever <3

This is my second book from Linda Oaks and it will not be my last. She continues to wrap me up in her stories!
Profile Image for Shameca Smith .
261 reviews
5 STAR READ!!

This was the first book I've read from Linda and I loved it. Devon has always loved Kara for as long as he's known, but when something happens he ends up pushing her away and they don't see each other for years. Kara can't get over how Devon broke her heart, but she knows that she cannot get over him either. She wants to keep him at a distance because she does not want to feel that way every again. But now her best friend is getting married and they are forced to be in the same place. All of those feelings come back, but can Kara push him away?
Profile Image for Booknerdingout.
470 reviews38 followers
February 20, 2016

This book is a little hard to rate. I wanted to love it. The writing wasn't terrible. In fact, there are parts I really enjoyed. But I felt like there were too many characters and stories going on. And I never understood where Devon was coming from or why he was hot & cold with Kara. Maybe if the book included his pov, I might have got a better understanding of him. .. & trust me he's a hot man, that I wanted to understand
Profile Image for Stephanie Howard.
88 reviews35 followers
September 1, 2018
Another great book by Linda Oaks. I swear she knows how to hook you from line one. This book tugs at your heart strings and has a happily ever after for Devon and Kara. I was afraid they wouldn't get together that she would find someone else after she left Devon. But I was jumping with joy, literally, when he showed up at her job and asked her to marry him. This book was AMAZING. It gave me a roller coaster of emotions, which is hard to do. It hit me right in my black heart.
I would recommend this book to all romance lovers who like a little bit of chaos in what they like to read.
131 reviews
January 25, 2022
Tried author again after first book in series was a teen romance & subjects were a bit older. Nothing original; I've read these story lines many times before. Did not care for H or h, so skimmed book to ending. No interest in reading the rest of this series.
Profile Image for Louise.
237 reviews6 followers
February 13, 2021
Just no !
Lovely writing, but absolutely no to the spineless heroine ! It had so much angst promise I couldn’t wait, but sadly it went 180 so disappointing
Profile Image for Jen.
3,078 reviews
November 2, 2015
If you're familiar with my reviews, you'll know that I have a lot of four- and five-starred reviews and even a handful of five-plus-starred ones and that it pains me when I have to give a book anything less than four stars. So, believe me when I tell you that I feel terrible about saying that Finding Forever by Linda Oaks, the first book in the Chasing series, simply didn't connect with me. Even when a book uses a familiar story line or trope, you look for something different and fresh. Sadly, this book was neither, and I really looked.

I think a large part of my lack of affection for the book is that I felt absolutely nothing for either of the main characters. Devon McGraw made a choice that cost him his relationship with Kara Thorn and his explanation years later? He did what was best for her. Seriously? Really?! I'm all for self-sacrifice, but when it feels as if it's more of an excuse rather than owning up to the mistake that was made, then I lose whatever little feeling I have. The problem was, I began with no feeling so I was left with plain, old apathy.

There was also one thing happening after another, with barely a pause to give the characters time to catch their breath. I'm not sure if the author's other book is directly connected with this one but it's about Devon and Kara's friends so maybe there's some sort of background with as far as Kara and Devon's relationship is concerned. There's a lot going on but there was very little substance with both the story and characters. Finding Forever is an unoriginal mishmash of familiar themes that left me unmoved. This gets two stars. ♥
2,918 reviews9 followers
March 31, 2016
Are Secrets just painful lies? That is Kara's question. She has come back to town for one of her BFF's wedding. Now she has to face the man who devastated her life. Four years ago she thought it would be her wedding with Devon. She'd see him because her other BFF is married to his best friend. So begins the week of heaven and hell.

There is still so much heat between them even though she doesn't know why he sent her away with no explanation. She wants to put him behind her, but one touch and she melts. As her week passes she reconnects, but he is off and on—cold and hot--oh so hot. Does he want now or forever? Communication is not Devon's strong suit. She needs more than hot sex which is the one thing that has never been their problem.

She begins to learn the secrets her friends and family have kept from her. Will finding answers bring them together or push them apart? This touching story will make you smile, want to beat the man, cheer for their future and cry for Kara's pain.
Profile Image for Raj.
750 reviews52 followers
November 1, 2015
************ MAY CONTAIN SPOILER****************
Much Ado about nothing..

'I did it to protect you...' has got to be the most banal phrase used in books to explain illogical behavior.

Did he protect her from:

1.The Apocalypse
2.Incest
3.Rape
4.Blackmail
5.Murder

None of the above crushing reasons.No he did it to protect her from herself.And than he went on to have a baby with his stalker while she languished in abject misery.

Protection Indeed!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 31 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.