Start by marking “Turn it Up (The Detroit Love Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Turn it Up (The Detroit Love Duet, #2)

Turn it Up (The Detroit Love Duet #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  893 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
Follow Jasper Storm and Charlotte Lane as their epic love story continues to heat up the pages in this childhood friends to lovers romance that began in Set the Pace.

Charlotte Lane was the tomboy who lived next door.
Eyes the color of the summer sky.
Mounds of curly blond hair.
A little bit of sassy and a whole lot of sweet.
She was my best friend. My confidant. My salvatio
Published May 16th 2016 by Kim Karr

To ask other readers questions about Turn it Up, please sign up.

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Perfect ending to Jasper & Charlotte's story.

It dragged a bit in the middle - nothing happened and redundant stuff was added, like the boat trip et cetera. The whole amazing excitement of the first book was a bit lost in this second one.
BUT I still loved it!

Can't wait to read whatever Kim will come up with next ☺

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Alba M.
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Reconozco que está bilogía se me ha hecho súper pesada.
El primer libro me sobraban tantas páginas que podría haber juntado los dos... y aún así es probable que se me hiciese pesada la historia igual....
es que simplemente la forma de escribir de la autora, no sé porque, me hizo la lectura pesada y lenta. Quiso hacerlo todo tan misterioso que me estaba aburriendo.
El malo de la historia prácticamente al acabar el primer libro se sabía. Al acabar este todas las madres horribles que eran en el prim
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This is a story about childhood friends who reconnect as adults and fall in love but it is so much more than that. There is also a lot of suspense and mystery weaved throughout this story.

I have been eagerly awaiting the conclusion to Jasper & Charlotte’s story. This dives straight back into where we were left at the end of Set The Pace and you will need to make sure that your seatbelts are tight as Kim takes us on the final tumultuous leg of this journey.

I was completely invested in Charlo
Micah
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Whew! After a cliffhanger like Set the Pace left us with, I was salivating to get my little hands on Turn it Up. Have you seen this cover? I mean, as unnatural as it is to just stand by a car and put your t-shirt in your mouth to show your abs, I'll take it. I'll pay him to do so just to look at him. Next to his car. Doing that weird thing with his shirt. The model or Jasper, either one.

Please note: you MUST read Set the Pace before you read this. There isn't even a lead in where it helps you a
Serena
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Turn It Up by Kim Karr
5 I’LL NEVER FORGET YOU STARS!!!

Turn It Up is the second book in The Detroit Love Duet and WHOA!!! WHAT A RIDE!!!! Let me tell you I’ve been DYING. DY-ING since I finished book one, Set The Pace. No lie. That ending! Whoa. It was torturous! Kim Karr left me balancing on the edge of a cliff....I thought I may jump just to end my misery. I could not stop thinking about it!!! So, needless to say, I have been anticipating the conclusion to Jasper and Charlotte’s love story, and
Rebecca
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it

I wasn’t too worried at the end of Set the Pace about Jasper being charged with murder because I knew Jasper’s team would work together to prove his innocence. What I was worried about was what this new roadblock was going to do to his relationship with Charlotte and the connection they’ve been building once both of them tore down each other’s walls and moved past the pain and heartache from their childhood.

Charlotte is not as fragile as people think she is, and although she feels like the Black
Amy
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

“Quickly. I wanted quickly more than I wanted air to breathe. I need to see Charlotte. Get to her. Hold her. Touch her. Protect her. Make love to her. It has yet to happen. And it’s all I’ve been able to think about.”

What a thrilling and exciting follow up to Set The Pace! Turn It Up picks up right where the last book left off and boy does it take you on one crazy ride. There’s danger. Action. Suspense. Romance. Sexy Good Times. And lots of delicious twists and turns.

Now, I don’t know
Addicted2Books
description

Kim Karr is one of those authors who knows how to grab you and pull you into her stories. Turn It Up is one of those books. I was so excited when I got my hands on an ARC copy (Thanks, Kim Karr & her promo partners!) I couldn't wait. I honestly rushed through my previous book because I was DYING to start this one. She didn't disappoint! Read More... http://tinyurl.com/gvutbxe

Courtney Brown
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I haven't read anything by Kim Karr I haven't liked and this duet is no different there is some serious intense moments and of course some steamy scenes..There is also some mystery and although my assumption where correct I wasn't 100% with my theory because of course there was so many possibilities and plot twists..there is so many ups and downs and so much deceit but also so many strong bonds.. altogether I really enjoyed
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
Turn it Up seamlessly picks up where Set the Pace left off. Continuing to be fuelled by adrenaline, there is no slowing down for Jasper, Charlotte and the Lightning Motors crew. As Detroit’s history merges with the possibilities for the future, readers witness a love story that is so much bigger than the connection between Charlotte and Jasper. With each chapter revealing another secret, the road to Happy Ever After is surprising, painful, yet beautifully redeeming.

Whilst Set the Pace focuses on
Romance Readers Retreat
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This, was one book that I couldn't wait to read, especially because of the way book one ended. It even begins exactly where the first book left us and even though some time has passed, I quickly caught up with what happened.

One thing that was clear to me pretty early on in this book was how Charlotte and Jasper's chemistry was just as insanely electric, if not more so than I recall. I really did enjoy scenes with these two.

What did puzzle me however, was that I did have some difficulty connectin
Jan
Great conclusion to a two part story

Note: Set the pace to be read first

Crime, corruption, Capital and cars this was Jasper's life, wrapped up in murders unsolved.

Charlotte was the girl next door who became more.

Great characters, a murder to be solved the plot was intense,hot and filled with mystery that Kim Karr delivered with style.

Jasper: She's my Angel. My Angel. Sent to save me from myself. I love this girl. I am in love with Charlotte Lane the girl from next door.

Charlotte: Who Knew be
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.5 Stars
Title: Set the Pace (The Detroit Love Duet, #2)
Author: Kim Karr
Release Date: May 16, 2016
No cliffhanger/Standalone

Kim Karr turned up the heat and suspense in the highly anticipated follow up to Set the Pace. The dramatic conclusion was everything I thought it would be. This friends-to-lovers romantic suspense has a multi-layered plot that unraveled to answer all of the questions from book one. It was loaded with more twists and turns and a whole lot of sexy! Great two book series!

This
Lauren R.
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***MUST READ Set the Pace 1st in order to read this book!!!***

Okay so this book "TURNED IT UP" right where it left off in book#1 which was a cliffy of all cliffys!

Yes I patiently waited like everyone and had my predictions of what I thought was going to happen and....

damn did +Author Kim Karr  deliver with this conclusion to this epic series!

I love her books because she knows how to give us enough suspense, romance, smut, and well developed characters that
Pauline
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse, romance, stars
A fitting ending to the series

It's here. The 2nd part to the book Set The Pace by Kim Karr.

At the end of the first book, we witnessed Jasper being handcuffed and taken to jail. While Charlotte's situation is more nerve-wracking. Someone is in her apartment and apparently beat her to hell. Jake is there too but since the door is locked he is unable to help Caroline.

The second book starts with Jasper in court and Charlotte in a hospital. Yes, she was saved. We can't let her die because then where
Red Cheeks Reads
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Following on from the explosive cliffhanger in the first book we are once again thrown straight into the drama, lies, murder, betrayal, love and friendship that fills this little town and the lives of the people who live there, along with following the blossoming and intense romance of Jasper and Charlotte.

"I know it with a certainty that grips and twists my heart until it’s ripped from my chest. That chokes my throat with a panic like I’ve never felt before. That makes my skin burn with knowin
Michel Reinhard (Smut Book Junkie Reviews)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg

I couldn't wait to get my hands on Turn It Up by Kim Karr. Set The Pace, the first book in the Detroit Love Duet ended on a huge cliffhanger. I was dying to finish the rest of the story.

Turn It Up should not be read as a stand alone novel. It picks up where Set The Pace left off.

I am not going to go into great detail about Turn It Up because I don't want to give the readers spoilers for either book. I will say that the Detroit Love duet is a complex romantic suspense that revolves around Detroi
Melissa Mendoza
Page Count:200
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Charlotte Lane was the tomboy who lived next door.
Eyes the color of the summer sky.
Mounds of curly blond hair.
A little bit of sassy and a whole lot of sweet.
She was my best friend. My confidant. My salvation.

But when circumstances tore us apart, it put more than just miles between us. I h
Claudia Alfaro
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 photo ARC REVIEW_zpseu9cd4hh.jpg
5 Lightning stars

When I read Kim Karr’s books, they always leave me craving more. And after reading “Set the Pace (Detroit duet series #1)”, I was constantly wondering what to expect next in book 2, “Turn it Up (Detroit duet series #2)”. The first book left us wanting to know more about Charlotte and Jasper, more about the mystery surrounding 'Lightning Motors' (Jasper's automotive plant). And let me tell you that the author gave us an amazing ending with a perfect and beautiful HEA that I real
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
I have been waiting for Kim Karr's Turn It Up since I finished Set The Pace - wanting to delve back into the world of cars, mystery, love and mayhem in Detroit. And once I opened it I didn't want to stop until I knew it all!

Turn It Up picks up right where Set The Pace leaves off. YES. You need to read Set The Pace first. This is a duet and everything is wrapped up at the end of Turn It Up. I promise!

So we have childhood best friends Jasper and Clare... they were inseparable growing up - until th
Jody
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rev up your engines because Turn It Up by Kim Karr is here!!! Thank God Jasper and Charlotte are back!!!! This book starts where Set the Pace ended. Jasper is arrested and sent to jail for crimes he did not commit. Charlotte is in the hospital fighting for her life. Detroit’s reputation of the 4 C’s continues…crime, corruption, capital and cars. Jasper and Charlotte are victims of this reputation. Jasper is out of control, wild, crazy and mad as hell but ladies, he is also back faster and hotter ...more
Jennifer Wolfel
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It isn't often that I feel like the second book in a series is better then the first, but Turn it Up is the exception to the rule in every way!

From the very beginning I was intrigued with where Kim was leading Charlotte and Jasper in this story. I was fully prepared for Charlotte to be found brutalized from the attack at the end of Set the Pace. What I didn't expect is Jasper's friends to rally around her. I really wasn't very certain of them from the beginning especially one in particular. When
Tatia
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fmr-reviews

Poor Jasper can't catch a break. He thinks he's hit a calm period and then something else comes up that could ruin everything; his dreams and his future that are on the line.
We pick up where we left off in Set the Pace. Both Jasper and Charlotte are facing life changing events. Just when they thought their lives were turning around and working out, someone or something steps in that could jeopardize it all. If only they could figure out who it is.
It seems like Jasper and Charlotte ar
Sophie
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 explosive, sexy stars.

Holy Moly, Turn It Up is SO GOOD. Like heart pounding, breath stealing good.
After being left with one hell of a cliffhanger at the end of Set The Pace I can't even begin to describe how desperate I was to get my hands on Turn It Up. My head was spinning. I had so many questions. And I ached got Jasper and Charlotte.
Going into Turn It Up, straight away I was thrown into addicting action and heart pounding twists and turns. More and more questions came out instead of b
Hooker Heels Book Blog
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
The second book picks up where the first one left off. The closer that Charlotte and Jasper become, the more mysterious that things become. Those that were once deemed friends, have now become potential foes, and the Motor City lovers are not sure who they can trust.

The plot thickens when Jasper discovers that the man that has been a huge support to his family, especially his mother, is not exactly what he claims to be. Still trying to fulfill his dream of bringing his once vibrant hometown back
Michell Hall casper
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jasper and Charlotte finally found their way back to each other after all these years. But even if they try to put that past behind them will it be the one thing that will destroy them?

I loved this duet!! I was left in the first book cussing Kim for leaving us hanging the way she did but she made up for it in this book. I had trouble putting this book down I couldn't wait to see what happened next and before I knew it I was at the end.

The chemistry between Jasper and Charlotte was off the char
Marika
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After the way set the pace ended, I couldn't wait to put my hands on this one..And dang, it was another roller coaster..from beginning to end there are twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat.
There are a few new characters in this second book, or maybe I should say new players in this game of cat and mouse that Jasper and Charlotte found themselves in.
It's exhilarating, intense and suspenseful.
Yet on the other side, amidst all this chaos, Jasper and Charlotte try to keep their relat
Krista
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hells to the yes to this long awaited conclusion. Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed by this stunning conclusion.

We left off a cliff.... grrrrrr. But trust me when I say all questions will be answered in this follow up finale.

Charlotte.... is she dead? Did Jake reach her in time?

Jasper.... is he going to jail for crimes he didn't commit?

Charlotte is fragile feeling like she was never good enough to be loved or kept around. But once Jasper's friends and family realize that she isn
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
After that end of Set the Pace, I couldn't wait to read Turn it Up.
This book starts exactly where the other ended.

The mystery behind those two deaths continues, Jasper is in prison, Charlotte was attacked and is in the hospital, the killer is someone you can't even imagine...
Charlotte and Jasper are determined to find him as well as the one responsible for so many deaths in the past. Meanwhile, their relationship continues, the love they feel for each other grows and a surprise will alter their
Elizabeth
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eram, arc
Ms. Karr delivers an exciting conclusion to the Detroit Love Duet! This picks up immediately after the end of Set The Pace, so make sure you enjoy Book 1 first!
Charlotte and Jasper continue to grow their relationship in an unusual situation surrounded by friends and people whose loyalty has to be questioned.
This is an exciting blend of romance/relationship building, steamy sexy time, friendships, suspense, and intrigue. Ms. Karr strikes just the right balance so no one element over takes the st
  • All Blues (All, #3.5)
  • The New Rule (The Casual Rule #2)
  • The Club Trilogy
  • Secondhand Smoke (Dartmoor, #4)
  • Savage (The Healer #3)
  • Fierce Series - Boxed Set (Fierce, #0.5-2)
  • Blur (Changing Colors, #2)
  • The Fading Trilogy: Fading, Freeing, Falling:  (Fading, #1-3)
  • Lawyers in Love, Books 1 & 2 Boxed Set
  • Without End: A Melrose Shops Novel
  • Hate: A Love Story
  • The Needing Moore Series Trilogy: Searching for Moore, Moore to Lose, & Moore than Forever
  • The Perfect Stroke (Lucas Brothers #1)
  • Sentiment Lost (A Whole New Crowd, #2)
Reader * Chocolate Lover * Writer * Coffee Lover * Romantic * Beach Lover * Yoga Beginner

Kim Karr is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of eighteen novels. Best known for writing sexy contemporary love stories, she enjoys bringing flawed characters to life.

Her romances are raw, real, and explosive.
Her characters will make you laugh, make you cry, make you feel.
And her happily-ever
More about Kim Karr...

The Detroit Love Duet (2 books)
  • Set the Pace (The Detroit Love Duet, #1)