Jump to ratings and reviews

Love Sick

At 28, Cory Martin thought she had it all, a budding career as a writer in Hollywood, an apartment of her own, and a healthy obsession with yoga. But when she found herself on the floor of her apartment wailing into the phone, 'but I don’t want to be sick,' her entire world came crashing down.

A doctor had just revealed that she had Multiple Sclerosis, a potentially debilitating disease, her good friend was getting married that weekend and the only people she wanted to call were her parents. In a time when she was supposed to be coming into her own as an adult, all she could think was who's going to want to marry me now?

As she embarked on a medical quest, subjecting herself to countless MRIs and a painful spinal tap that landed her in the ER, Cory simultaneously threw herself head first into dating. She was determined to find love before the disease took over her body. But no matter how many doctors she saw or men she met there would never be a cure for MS. And if you think it's hard to get the guy you’re dating to give you a ride to the airport, try getting him to drive you to the hospital. Add to that an unfortunate incident with a blue thong and a cute young doctor, and Cory quickly realized that learning to deal with MS would take a whole lot more strength than a ring on her finger could ever provide.

Love Sick is a smart and witty account of dating while navigating a life of uncertain health. Writing from a place of strength and vulnerability, Cory Martin faces her fears head on with humor and grace. Her tales are real life. There is no magical ending and no grand epiphany. Instead it is her desire to be loved and feel normal that makes her journey so poignant.

266 pages, Hardcover

First published February 9, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Cory Martin

14 books55 followers
A graduate of the University of Southern California, Cory has a B.A. in English-Creative Writing, and spent time studying literature at Cambridge University in England. By the age of twenty-five, she had garnered writing credits on the hit television show, "The O.C." and had been asked by Scholastic to pen three young adult novels based on the same T.V. series. She is the author of "Love Sick" a memoir about dating, life in Hollywood and dealing with MS. Her essays have appeared online with XOJane, The Mighty, and Elephant Journal.

As a passionate yogi, Cory Martin is also a 500-hr RYT and a regular instructor at the famed Santa Monica Pier's run and yoga program, ROGA. She teaches at various studios around Los Angeles and is the writer behind the documentary film "Titans of Yoga" and her book "Yoga for Beginners" was released in August, 2015 by Althea Press.

To find out more about Cory follow her on Instagram at @corymartinwrites or on facebook at fb/corymartinyoga

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
12 (8%)
1 star
4 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 58 reviews
Profile Image for Barbara (The Bibliophage).
1,083 reviews147 followers
October 6, 2017
This is most likely an important book for young people diagnosed with chronic illness. I wasn't given my first diagnosis until my happily-married late thirties, so it was hard to relate to Cory's experience. But the writing is snappy and fun, so if it's your jam to read about 20-something love go for it. I chose to bail because life's too short for books you don't connect with.
Profile Image for Valerity (Val).
929 reviews2,734 followers
November 24, 2015
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley and Write Out Publishing. It tells Cory Martin's story of suddenly having to struggle with illness at the age of 28, and trying to find out if she has MS. She worries about becoming severely handicapped, and wonders who will want to spend a lifetime with someone very ill. Explores her ordeal, maintaining a good attitude, and her fight to stay strong and hopeful that she won't end up living her life alone.
Profile Image for Courtney.
1,528 reviews181 followers
June 7, 2016

From time to time I find myself drawn to memoirs or autobiographies. Cory Martin’s publisher contacted me in regards to receiving an arc in exchange for an honest review. I saw that it was a memoir but to be honest, what made me jump on board to read it was that Cory written for the hit television show, “The O.C.” which just happens to be one my all-time favorite shows. So I jumped at the chance to read her memoir.

Anyway, as I started reading this book, I was just completely amazed about how honest, real and raw she is. She doesn’t hide anything – she explains exactly what she was thinking, how she felt, when she was diagnosed with MS (multiple sclerosis). There were times I just wanted to hug her and take away her frustrations, anger and confusion.

Love sick isn’t about the ins and outs, dos and don’ts of MS. It’s about Cory’s daily, weekly, annual journey of what it’s like to find out you have MS and then what happens afterwards. But she also makes you laugh with her quirkiness and openness about her thoughts and feelings. Cory brings up many important questions that I am sure anyone diagnosed with an incurable disease will have. She doesn’t hold back on anything.

I enjoyed reading about Cory’s journey and all the ups and downs she had. Even though Cory may not have seen it when she was going through everything, she was and is an extremely strong woman. She never gave up on learning more about MS. Yes, doing google searches probably causes us all to get more information than we probably want or need, but when you are getting undecided answers from doctors – what are you to do?? And Cory is flat-out honest in her path to figure out what exactly is causing her to have all these unusual aches and pains.

I applaud Cory for writing this memoir. I urge anyone to read this – it’s very thought-provoking and moving. And the best part – 10% of the profits from this book will be donated to the National MS Society.

Anyone who purchases the book from the link below, will receive 20% off an ebook and/or hardback copy. Just enter the code READLOVEBLOG20
Profile Image for Kelli.
179 reviews6 followers
September 5, 2016
Very sorry for everything the author has been through. I was able to learn much more about MS than I ever knew and am appreciative of that. I thought the first half was fairly interesting. But it almost felt like she focused more on the awful men she has dated than her illness. I also found most of the dating stories to be really appalling and somewhat irrelevant. And not appalling in an entertaining way, but really disturbing. I'm not a prude, but i don't like the use of really foul language when the story doesn't warrant it. For example, if it was used in relation to the diagnosis, I don't think I would have been as bothered as much as using it in relation to her dating/sex life. That made parts of it seem a little sensational to me. I have mixed feelings on the ending. I hate giving out a low score but certainly hope she is doing well.
Profile Image for Shamiram.
117 reviews
July 1, 2019
"When people hear you've been diagnosed with a life-altering disease, they want you to have this big 'aha' moment. This moment where you decide to do something grand with your life now that it's been altered. Maybe you buy a ticket around the world, or vow to take an oath of silence for six months, or quit your job as a salesman and become a stuntman. But the truth is, this rarely happens. MS never gave me the desire to go out and change my life completely, it just gave me the desire to keep moving forward, however difficult that may be."
Profile Image for Rebekka Steg.
628 reviews84 followers
May 4, 2016
Love Sick is both funny and thought-provoking. Even if you don't have a chronic illness, or know anyone who has one, I would highly recommend you read it. Because sooner or later either you, or someone you love will be dealing with chronic illness. It's one of the more difficult facts of life, but the better we get about talking openly about these things, the better prepared we all are - and the better equipped we will be to deal with it ourselves and support our loved ones.

"If it were later, I would have been better at this. I would've known that anything nice, even a simple "I'm sorry to hear the news" would do. Because I would've been through the same thing. I would've known what it felt like to have people know you're facing a tough disease and have them say nothing. Or inappropriate things. Like when I first heard my own bad news, and Jay, the guy I was casually dating, called to tell me that Mercury was in retrograde and the planets were misaligned and he was quite certain that my neurologist was crazy and most likely all the pain and numbness that was wreaking havoc on my body was caused by the stars and I'd be better soon.
I would've known that silence was the worst. But I don't. I hadn't learned those lessons yet."

In some ways Cory's and my situation is opposite. I had started dating my boyfriend (now husband) about 9 months before I started getting seriously ill, while she wasn't in a serious relationship. Her day-to-day life isn't that affected by her MS (at this stage), whereas I had to give up work within 6 months of my first severe flare.

And yet I completely and utterly recognize her thoughts and fears. I am beyond grateful for the love and support that my husband David has given me throughout this journey. I honestly don't know where I would be today without him. And I struggle with feeling worthy, worrying that he'll be "trapped" with me, questioning what kind of life he will have by staying with me, the things he won't be able to do.

At the end of the day, the answer, for me at least, has been in truly embracing the fact that I am worth so much more than what my body can or cannot do today. And in realizing that our biggest struggles don't stem from my illness, but from the times when I cannot accept my illness, and the limitations that it puts upon me. When I forget that it's okay to ask for help, before I reach my breaking point.

""Senator Edwards," I'd begin. "I don't know much about politics, but there is something I believe only you can answer. Then I'd lunch into my speech. The things that concern my world. "Mr. Edwards, had you known that your wife would get cancer, would you have married her? If, when you were in your twenties, she told you she knew this would happen, would you have continued the relationship or even began it in the first place? Because, Mr. Presidential Hopeful, I wonder the same things right now. I wonder if I tell the guy I'm dating that I most likely have MS, is he going to run? I wonder who's going to want to love me. I wonder who's going to take me for sickness and health when they know the sickness is inevitable. That there's a huge probability that I will one day end up in a wheelchair wearing diapers. I wonder, Mr. Husband of a woman who is dying, if you would do it all over again. I wonder, even if you know all the heartache, would you still fall in love? Because Mr. Democrat, I am a girl who needs to know. Who needs to know if a man will ever fall in love with her, despite her condition. Who will stand by her side through everything. I need to know, Mr. Father of Four Children, if you would still have this family, knowing that one day soon you will be the only parent in your children's lives. I need to know that someone will take me and fulfill my dream of motherhood, knowing that one day things could get hard, that I might not be as useful as I am now. That I might not be able to play kickball in the yard with my kids, that I might be unable to brush my daughter's hair, or tie my son's tie. I need to know, John Edwards, that there are men out there who can see beyond all this. That there are men who won't leave or stray when things get tough. Who can love no matter what. Who can love me. Forever. But most of all, I need to know. Can a Democrat really change my world?""
...
"I believed loving me was like loving a ticking time bomb. That I had a clock that would inevitably expire and no matter how many red or blue wires were cut or disconnected, something would eventually explode and someone would have to clean up the mess. The possibility of paralysis, incontinence, trips to the ER, constant pain, lack of sex drive, depression - these were all things anyone who chose to be with me might one day have to learn to love."

One of the hardest things when diagnosed with a chronic illness, is learning to accept that the illness is with you for good. That there is no magic pill you can take to get better, there is no cure - although if you're lucky (and depending on the illness) you might be able to go into remission.

Yes, there's a lot of things you can do to manage your disease and improve your daily life. Nutrition, sleep, stress management, exercise can all make an incredible difference (and each part must be dialled in to fit your unique needs.

"But when I found out that I, too, had to face the disease, all I could think was I'm dying, and Chuck has it easy. After I broke things off with him, he decided to work on getting rid of his disease. Twelve months later, he was getting his one-year chip from AA and I was being pelted with bad news.
While he gets to brag to our mutual friends how he's beating his disease, all I get to tell my friends is that I've been told I have a new disease.
There's a part of me that wants to go on a week-long bender, get completely sauced, do totally inappropriate things, and have someone come to my rescue. Tell me that I have a problem, and force me to start attending AA meetings.
If dealing with a disease were that easy, I would give anything to have the alcoholism instead of this damn MS. I want to go to a meeting and get cured. I don't want to have to keep praying that I can walk. I want to be able to take things day by day. Wake up each morning and have my only worry with the disease be that I shouldn't drink today, not whether I can still feel my toes. I want someone to give me a little chip for every 30 days I make it without any progression of the disease. I don't want to have to keep getting MRIs to see how much damage my brain has accumulated. I want to stand up in front of a crowd and say, "Hi, I'm Cory and I'm an alcoholic." Not have to wonder who I should tell, or if I should tell at all, or when I should tell someone that I'm facing a life with MS.
But I'm not an alcoholic so that fantasy will have to end right there."
...
"Before today I was so caught up in the what-ifs of the unknown that I couldn't live in the present, because I was so scared of the future. What I failed to consider, however, was that while I have some sort of certainty of the future because I'd been given a list of possible symptoms and outcomes of my disease, I have no more control over my body and my future than anyone else on this planet, and I need to accept that fact.
I am not in control."

A thing that used to frustrate me when I first got sick, but before I had any diagnoses, is how everyone would tell me that they hoped the many many tests I went through would "come back fine".
I didn't even know how to respond to that.

I would love not to be sick, but when I am already dealing with so many debilitating symptoms, I do not want my tests to come back normal. I always hoped for a clear, easily treatable issue. Like iron deficiency. I had anaemia as a teenager due to iron deficiency. For a couple of weeks I was sleeping literally every moment I got the chance, about 16 hours a day. Once I was diagnosed, I started taking an iron pill every morning and within a week I was doing better and within a month I was back to normal.

I wish I could take an iron pill and be better again. Or any other pill. I do not wish for normal test results, I have had way too many of those.

I still don't have a definitive arthritis diagnosis, it's currently classified as seronegative arthritis, meaning it is a form of inflammatory arthritis, but all the blood tests normally used to classify inflammatory arthritis are coming back "normal".

""What if it comes back negative?"
I pause for a second. For the last year of my life I've been struggling to come to grips with the reality that I have MS, but...
"It never occurred to you that you might not have it, did it?" she asks.
"No. Because I know there's something wrong with me," I snap at her. It isn't that I want to have the disease, it's that I've spent over 12 months creating a new reality for my world. A reality where I know that at any moment my body could fail me and my limbs could be rendered useless.""
...
"When people hear you've been diagnosed with a life-altering disease, they want you to have this big "aha" moment. This moment where you decided to do something grand with your life now that it's been altered. Maybe you buy a ticket around the world, or vow to take an oath of silence for six months, or quit your job as a salesman and become a stuntman. But the truth is, this rarely happens. And it is definitely not what happened with me. MS never gave me the desire to go out and change my life completely, it just gave me the desire to keep moving forward, however difficult that may be."

Love Sick is an excellent memoir and I highly recommend it. I also wanted to mention that 10% of the profits from the book will be donated to the National MS Society.

*Received in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley*
Profile Image for Kimberly Vanderbloom.
496 reviews37 followers
March 26, 2018
Great!

I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

This is completely out of my typical genres but I needed something different. Different is exactly what I got. It was real and raw. It was a journey. What I enjoyed the most was the honesty that the author wrote with. I felt like she didn’t hide anything. I learned quite a bit more about MS and I also learned what it feels like to be diagnosed with a chronic illness at a young age and how to continue with your life. It made me smile and cry. I was impressed with the writing style. I will be recommending this book to my friends.
Profile Image for Abagail.
156 reviews
January 31, 2021
I definitely took a few screenshots of bits I related to. I feel really fortunate that I had found The One and escaped the dating world before my diagnosis, and I often think about what it would have been like to go through the hurt of constant rejection knowing my illness might have been a factor. There are some things I can’t relate to, I think because the author grew up Catholic and her parents had a lot of resources to help her in her MS...she also seems to think some of her anecdotes are a little more shocking than they really are. But overall, she captures the feelings of being a young person with an MS diagnosis very well and I enjoyed reading her relatable tale.
Profile Image for Hannah.
631 reviews48 followers
January 4, 2017
***I received an ARC from Write Out Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.***

Love Sick wasn't really what I expected going into it. Let me start with what it's about: Cory Martin was tentatively diagnosed with MS when she was twenty-eight-years-old. Her doctor started a variety of tests on her, and she began to feel her biological clock ticking. Martin panicked a bit, cried to her parents a lot, dated and slept with a few guys in an effort to find some normalcy in a life she felt to be crumbling. Now to explain my perspective and why I was excited about this book: When I was nineteen-years-old, I was diagnosed with a (more immediately terrifying but not as life-threatening as MS) kidney disease. I was already engaged to an amazing man, but I gave him the choice to leave before things got more dire for me. When I was first in the hospital, he was in the military and couldn't come home, but I had many supportive family members and friends nearby. I guess my only issue with Martin's memoir was that I expected some comradery--there aren't a lot of books out there about being diagnosed with a chronic illness when you're a young adult. But my approach couldn't have been more different than hers, and by the time I was the age at which she was diagnosed, I had long ago made my peace with life and death and what each may hold.

Now for a more objective analysis: Cory Martin's writing style was very natural and low-key. It felt like she was just having a conversation with me while I read, which I really liked. She also found herself in a lot of shenanigans while sifting through the dating world. But I liked the last chapter the most, where she took me through where she was at that moment and the conclusions she had drawn about her illness, love, and life. I would probably recommend this as a bit of a beach read meets Sex in the City meets health crisis memoir, if that makes any sense.
Profile Image for Angelica.
226 reviews3 followers
December 11, 2015
I am going to admit it now because isn't that the first step? To be honest and open? I have to admit I did not finish this book. There I said it...... Why was that so hard? Because I'm not a quitter and it takes a lot and I mean A LOT for me to not finish a book. Yet this has to be put in the not finished pile. The premise was intriguing, a 28 year old girl who thinks she has it all together finds out that she has MS. The story follows how Cory, a writer, deals with life after she finds out she has MS. She tackles a broad band of issues from relationships, sex and relationships. Ok so its a pretty narrow category she depicts

Read rest of review at my blog http://papersoul.booklikes.com/

*Thank you Netgalley and publisher for advanced copy*
Profile Image for Susi.
133 reviews15 followers
March 2, 2016
I loved this book from the very beginning to the very last page. I can honestly say that I felt like I was on the journey with Cory. This story was emotional and humorous at the same time. It made me think about life and how a medical diagnosis could change everything from your present day to day to the unforeseen future.

I highly recommend this book!

I received and ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

March is MS Awareness month. Read all about ways you can help those affected.

Profile Image for Nadia King.
Author 12 books77 followers
March 14, 2016
Cory's funny and honest account of dealing with doctors and medical testing had me laughing out loud - a lot!

Love Sick is Cory's journey through part of her life that takes in a life changing medical diagnosis, an acceptance of all life has to offer and what it means to find love.

A wonderfully uplifting book. After reading this I just want to fly to the US, give Cory a massive hug and just tell her - you go girl!!
Profile Image for Alina.
277 reviews
April 1, 2016
This autobiography is about Cory's struggles with MS (multiple sclerosis) and her fears of ending up alone. Living with such disease Cory's life becomes unpredictable but she fights hard to overcome her everyday struggles.
There isn't much to be said about this book , other than it is touching memoir and it does bring awareness. Also I admire her sense of humor. This is not an easy subject, yet there were moments when she managed to make me smile.
190 reviews1 follower
June 23, 2022
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review.

This is the memoir of a woman in her twenties who may or may not have multiple sclerosis. It is likely that she does, but we never receive a definitive diagnosis. This is frustrating to the reader and I can only imagine how frustrating to the author. Anyway, she learns of her diagnosis and immediately wonders how she is going to go about fighting this on her own and what kind of man is going to want to marry a sick woman. What follows are stories of the MS, the testing, and the men she meets along the way.

There are some parts of this that make me wonder if this woman is as idiotic as she comes across. It is infuriating that when receiving a life altering diagnosis, her first thought it about who will want to marry her. Is that really the most important thing in life? Maybe for her it is, and what prompted the book, but I think there might be other things that need to be considered. Then she goes on to say and do some very stupid things, like not following the doctors orders after her spinal tap then waiting to seek medical attention after she has the complications that the doctor warned her about. Clearly her MS is not what she is most concerned about and it made reading this a bit tough. Luckily, the writing is good, so you will be able to power through.
August 1, 2018
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️🌸I just want to start off saying that I do like memoirs, but I don’t often grab them off the shelf. I find there’s a lot of wonderful stories to be told, but sometimes the writing isn’t the best. This woman can write!!! 🌸She tells her story of dating and life after and before she was diagnosed with MS in her twenties. I laughed and I cried on several occasions. Now, this isn’t a dark read, but some of the stories of others she writes is so beautifully written and told I teared! It’s a book of how life is shitty and can get even shittier, but you make it through some how. I also laughed, out loud, like an idiot in public places. This is a laugh with you, not at you kind of book. You feel as though you’re going on this journey with her as a BFF sitting right there. 🌸This is the kind of book you want to thank the author for writing and sharing it with you. It is a life changing book, where you view the world a little differently after reading. Maybe not in ways you know, but it’s there. Thank you for sharing your incredible writing and life with us! 🌸This awesome publisher donated 10% of the proceeds from the book to the authors charity of choice. In this case any proceeds will be donated to National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Profile Image for Emerald.
225 reviews4 followers
July 23, 2019

The writing in this book was bright and crisp and fun to read. The author has a way of writing that makes it feel as if she is speaking rather than putting words down on paper, and I think that’s especially important when reading/writing a memoir.

Personal opinion: I didn’t think the choice of language was always necessary. I know our world/society is at a point where crude language is the norm, but I think the same messages can be expressed without it. I don’t mind it once in a while or for certain topics, but it wasn’t needed throughout the book.

I was also hoping for a majority of this book to be about her journey with MS. More information about her symptoms and how she dealt with them or worked through them. I understand that her dating life was a huge thing during the start of her MS journey...but when I’m looking for a memoir about someone with MS, I want MORE from that side of their life and less of all the other stuff.

Overall a fun read :)
Profile Image for Brenda.
1,183 reviews
December 12, 2016
In 2004, Cory Martin is jarred when she is diagnosed with MS at age 28. In this memoir, Cory shares the terror and confusion she experienced, the support she received and the choices she made in order to cope while learning to live with MS as a young, single woman in L.A.

By 2013, Cory's life has changed career directions and she is moving forward with hope for a future while living every day to the fullest.

There was a bit of back and forth in time periods during the story telling that were sometimes a bit confusing. This story rings very true for anyone suddenly hit with a long term debilitating disease.

I received a copy of this book through Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I see that Cory has written a book on basic yoga poses. I will be looking to get a copy of this.
24 reviews
April 7, 2019
Having MS, having the same feelings of uncertainty and fear with the disease I could relate.

There were times I wanted to shake Cory and tell her obviously she is too great to be worrying about everything she was putting on herself. Other times I wanted to high five her and tell her she rocks. It was a fun journey and I enjoyed seeing the progress from the first neurologist appointment to years later.

It was at times funny. At times sad. I loved reading about her family and I hated reading about the jerks she dated. I feel like I want to be friends with Cory so we could commiserate together and talk each other out of googling new symptoms.

I think if you have MS, if you’re dealing with life in your mid to late twenties, you’ll enjoy the book. It was a good read and I finished it in two days. I just had to know what happened!
Profile Image for Chris C..
79 reviews21 followers
October 29, 2022
This book is very timely for me, as I am going through an MS flare right now and simultaneously navigating dates and dating. I felt connected to the author in many ways that I can't bond with other people, when it comes to the disorder anyway. Her family life, upper class upbringing, conservativeness about sexuality, all that I couldn't understand, but at the core we are both two women with chronic diseases trying to find the right person for us.

I will say that the beginning of the book starts off clunky, the author gets too comfortable too fast with the reader, joking and comparing things when we are not besties yet, but she wins you over as you go along. I do appreciate the frankness but that is always butting against the strange aversion to sexuality. All in all, a good, mostly-relatable book. Hope the author writes more.
Profile Image for Jacinta Carter.
846 reviews23 followers
June 11, 2017
I planned to read the first few chapters of this memoir before bed, but ended up staying up late to read the entire thing. Cory Martin's story of learning to live with an MS diagnosis hanging over her head, and choosing to continue to carry on as though everything is fine is inspiring. She approaches the subject with honesty and humor, never shying away from the more embarrassing aspects of the disease. If you know anyone who is living with MS, or cares for someone with it, I highly recommend checking out this memoir.
Profile Image for Dina.
115 reviews
April 5, 2018
***I received this book via Goodreads Giveaway Winner.***

This book is the chronological memoir of being diagnosed with MS and her fear of "living alone", Cory's fears of inadequate relationships and who would be there with her in the end. Initially, I struggled to grasp Cory's story or dialogue as she ventured in and out of relationships and doctors appointments. There were moments where I laughed out loud at Cory's response and experience to events. Cory give's a humble hilarious take on hope and courage with her diagnosis
Profile Image for Eunice.
163 reviews2 followers
May 31, 2019
I never expected that a book about MS would having me laughing out loud as much as it had me empathizing with the writer. She eloquently shares her tales of living with an invisible chronic illness as well as the unglamorous world of dating. Singularly, either of these could prove to be stressful and depressing, but despite managing both simultaneously, she manages to take it all in stride and with a sense of humor. Most of all, she shares her tale with a heavy dose of hope: both that she’ll live well with her illness and that she’ll find true love.
Profile Image for Joanne.
175 reviews4 followers
February 28, 2018
I received my copy of Cory Martin's book from Goodreads for my unbiased review. I am a different generation than the author and I do not have MS, but I found Cory's story informative and well written. She writes with sensitivity and a great sense of humor as well. I recommend this book, especially to those who may have been diagnosed with a disease (it need not be MS) and need to know that they, too, can survive!
24 reviews
March 9, 2018
I should have read the description of this book a little better before starting. I thought this was a fiction based story, however its more of a diary. Most of the book as random thoughts put to paper. No real story line to follow. A few moments of funny that happen to everyone in their lives, but those moments didn't make up for the rest of the book.

This book was given to me through a giveaway for an honest review.
184 reviews42 followers
March 27, 2018
This is a book about Corey diognoised with MS in her 20's.
As a nurse and also someone with an autoimmune disease
I could relate to her struggles. It tell the heartbreak
of learning she had a disease and the unknown of her life and finding
Her significant other. You never know when this could happen
to you. No one ever plans on a disease or such a radical life change.
She tell about her day to day life with humor. A very worthwhile read. I received a ARC.
July 11, 2017
Surprised myself by enjoying this quick read. I really got a sense for how the girl felt and her fear. I could imagine how this changed your perspective and the course of your future.

Even if this isnt your typical subject to read I suggest giving it a shot.
Profile Image for Sarah.
56 reviews7 followers
July 16, 2017
This book spoke to my heart, mind, body and spirit as an MS fighter myself and one with her own relationship struggles and desire for both adventure and peace. This book shook my core, triggered tears and laughter. I loved it. Her voice is so perfectly real!
3 reviews
July 28, 2017
Thoroughly entertaining in its brutal honesty

I found myself laughing aloud at the absurdity of the situations Cory found herself in. Honest, hellacious, humble, and hilarious, Cory give hope to those that still find themselves love sick in Los Angeles.
175 reviews13 followers
March 12, 2018
I received this book through Goodreads Giveaways for an honest review.

I though Love Sick was a funny, thought-provoking, very real memoir about what the author went through upon learning she may have MS.
Profile Image for Kris.
274 reviews
March 26, 2018
This was a decent read. My exhusband has MS and so it was like a walk down memory lane. I'm one of those spouses who chose to leave. He did not chose to embrace live and that is a mistake as told in this book. I enjoyed reading it. It kept my attention.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 58 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.