Start by marking “28 Days” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  195 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Sentenced to death...
All hope gone...
Until he receives a visit from victim #6

Condemned for a crime he didn’t commit, Quinten Patterson sat on death row praying for a miracle. He just never expected his angel of mercy to be the girl he fell in love with so long ago.

The press called her a victim, but Saige Lockwood was a survivor. And she had twenty-eight days to discover th
400 pages
Published September 20th 2016 by HFCA Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about 28 Days, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lexi Buchanan I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! I'm debating about a Alex and Christina book, so maybe :)

I have a newsletter on my website that you can sign up to so…more

I have a newsletter on my website that you can sign up to so that you don't miss release news. I don't send that many emails out so you won't get lots. www.lexibuchanan.net

Thank you again!
Lexi x(less)

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
Stopped reading @ 40%

This book is by no means a bad book; in fact, it seems like a pretty good read. I stopped reading it mainly because I realized that it wasn’t what I thought it was. I thought this would be a heartbreaking and emotional romance. It turns out that this book is more a suspense or mystery novel than a romance. This is one of those books which tells multiple individual stories around one central story. Every character in this book is important and each has his/her own love story
Pilar
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Me gustó la sinopsis, y todo el comienzo me atrapó rápidamente. Toda la parte de intriga y más negra de la obra me enganchó enseguida, estaba deseando saber qué había pasado, quién o quienes eran los malos malotes, pero cuando he pasado algo más de la mitad, todo se me ha desinflado un poco. No me gustan los finales irreales, peliculeros, pero aquí se ha pasado de sencillo, de hecho cuando estaba leyendo quien era el mal@ y veía todas las páginas que quedaban he llegado a pensar que era un truco ...more
 Chele
Carvanz
This had the potential to be a really good story but it never really lived up to it. Felt like it needed a good beta read and some tightening up. There were too many things that didn’t add up, too much confusion as evidence was supposedly brought into the light. As I reader I kept thinking, no one in law enforcement would let that happen.
I really wanted to like this story because the storyline was original and had so much potential and I desperately wanted it to be all that it promised. Unfortun
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

I loved the cover. I liked the blurb. I wanted to read it.
But it was just meh.
I hated the writing. The author sounds british in one paragraph and in the next like a Georgia peach farmer. And she used way too complicated sentences when what that person was saying could've been said in only a few words.

Then the whole mystery part. Well as soon as you see the 'bad' people, you know they are the bad people. And don't get me started on Quinten's case. Was his lawyer a highschooler playing lawyer? Ri
BleuBelle
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
28 days is all Quinten Peterson has before he is executed for crimes he didn't commit. Saige Lockwood lost two and a half years of her memory 8 years ago. Now with the news reporting the upcoming execution of the man accused of killing women and abducting and trying to kill her little pieces of her memory are coming back and funny thing is she isn't freighted by the picture of Quinten – in fact she feels something else.

Saige has to know about what happened to her 8 years ago and starts the ball
Roxanne
Sep 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was really looking forward to reading this one however was disappointed.

The hero gets the death penalty but his involvement in the crime does not seem believable. The investigation seemed rushed and the evidence against him was weak. The hero did not disclose his relationship with the heroine when he got arrested or throughout his trial even during his incarceration. Why the secrecy when you are on death row?

I found the heroine very immature and weak. It takes her years to look for answers i
Katy
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!! DAMN! That's what I thought when I first started 28 Days and exactly the same thing I thought at the end. I literally couldn't stop ready this book until I finished it. The characters hooked you in from the outset and refused to let you go.

Now as what happens frequently with entertainment, you think you've figured out what happened in this book and to an extent, as the reader, you can. But the twists and turns, and frankly out of left field inclusion, Ms. Buchanan wove throughout the sto
LoveBooksAndCats
It was annoyingly dragged story. Saige was roaming and roaming around the town with Alex. Another thing that annoyed me to hell was that everyone was cheating on their respective partners/ people they claimed they love other than Saige. At first it was confusing who did the actual murder but it was easy to suspect Paul and after some time I even knew who was the actual killer. The beginning half was somewhere interesting but after that I did lots of skimming and skipping. I was hoping t
Chianti Summers
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Received a copy. Have you ever wondered what could actually happen in 28 Days? Let Lexi Buchanan show you in this journey of Quinten and Saige. The amount of adrenaline that will pump through your body is off the charts. 28 Days of twists, turns and suspense. It takes hold of you and will have you sitting on the edge of your seat. The moment you think you know what is going on, BAM!, Lexi Buchanan makes you think again. There is no turning back pages with this read it is only moving forward beca ...more
Kathrin Magyar
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am NOT convinced ....... that this book should be a STANDALONE! I'm on it folks.....

This journey of Quinten and Saige will be like nothing you have read of Lexi's before. You will see what is like the 28days before you are do to be executed, executed for crimes that you did not commit. You will see what it is like when you find the love of your life all over again, when you discover the love/bond between brothers. You will get to see new friendships and relationships form, witness the unexpect
Stacie
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm always a huge fan of the way that Lexi tells a story. I will say after reading each of her books the standards are set even higher for the next and she has yet to let me down. This books is awesome because it pulls you in right away. Once you think you have it figured out you do not. I promise the end will have you thinking wait a minute I'm rereading. The way the book is written in a timeline is something different and keeps you interested. I love that each person has a story that is told t ...more
Renee
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic! It definitely leads you down a very twisty turny path to get to the beautiful other side. You don't even miss that Quinten and Saige only interact twice before the 80% mark. It even makes sense since she can't be showing up at death row every day.

Some of the players' roles and motivations were obvious, but some were much craftier. OMG I loved the ending. I rarely hand out 5 stars since that would be basically perfection, but it is so deserved here.
Darcy
Sep 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book has been on my maybe list for a while now. I finally took the plunge and decided to read it, however it didn't work out well for me. Not sure why, but I couldn't connect from the start. I wanted to know what really happened, but wasn't invested enough to keep reading. In the end this one wasn't for me.
Nadine
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is Lexi Buchanan as you've never read her before. I completely love this story. The concept of the way it's told is very unique. It's full of twists, turns, steam, and the power of love. I highly recommend 28 Days.
*~* Susie
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres and I liked this one. Not big on suspense as things happened a little too conveniently. But overall a pretty good story. The best part was the very end. I knew it!!
Andrea **the ChaPPy CHiCKeN**
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great story line with a new plot line. Lots of twists and turn that will keep you guessing till the end.
Claudine Van
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!!! Really not sure how I feel about this one.
TheRealAdess
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When i read the excepts of this book i knew it would be an amazing and helluva read.
It would keep you turning the page after page wanting to know who,what,why did that person did that. Found this book last night but just started reading just this morning as soon as i've all the house chores.

I'm definitely recommending this book!
Tho i didn't expect the last part of the book. OMG!
Traci Cauthen
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story! I loved this story. My heart broke for Quinton and Saige. A complete shocker at the end. No spoilers here. Will Quinton get out in time? This is a must read!
Tammy Moody hall
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wow just wow this was an amazing read it has mystery and love I don't think 5 star is enough for this book
Michaela Bishop
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first work I've read by Lexi Buchanan and It most definitely won't be the last. I have had this on my kindle for some time and finally got around to reading it. Now I'm kicking myself as to why I didn't before. Loved the way the story unfolded and the twist at the end.
5 stars
Michelle
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Emma ~ Six Chicks and Thier Love of Books
This is a good 4.5 stars for me. I have been a fan of Lexi since her 1st book and can honestly say her writing gets better and better and this is her best yet.

Set in a time period of 28 days.

Following a traumatic abduction Saige lost 2 years of her memory, when an appearance of a man sentenced to death triggers flashbacks. Feeling she knows this man, flashbacks start. She needs answers and questions start.

This story is told in multiple pov which would normally have me closing a book never to be
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
The all idea of this story is pretty good. The plot is intense, the characters complex, there's suspense until the end, and a love that will prove that hope is really the last thing we can hang on.

This is a story of a man convicted to death for a crime he didn't commit. He have 28 days to live and hope a miracle happens.
Saige was a victim in a attempt of murder. She starts remembering everything that happened to her, when she sees his face on the tv. Now she wants to know everything and she will
Lynne Garlick
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my days!! Can I just say.....I inhaled this book in 24 hours! I could not put this down! I FLOVE this author! Quinten and Saige's story took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions......I don't think I have ever wanted to skip through a book to find out how it ends so much because my heart just couldn't take it.....but I didn't peek!....promise!!
This had me gripped and guessing from the start, just when I thought I had it pegged, something else got thrown in. It had me thinking about it, days
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
5 Star Read:
My absolute favorite and will read again and again. I strongly recommend! It has outstanding qualities. The characters are wonderful and surprising and multi-dimensional. The writing is luring, engaging, and well-crafted enough to keep me interested from cover to cover and beyond. The plot is astonishing with twists and turns weaved into a well thought and planned story. There’s no pretense and romance was well balanced and done entirely correctly with properly distributed amounts o
Mags
WOW!! This is my favourite Lexi Buchanan Novel by far. The story had me gripped from beginning to end, and boy what an ending! I never expected that, and am sat here writing this trying to get my head around what I just read.

The story had lots of twists and turns, and at multiple times I thought I knew who the real killer was only to change my mind and be proved wrong time and again and towards the end I was thinking surely it can't finish like this and then bang. Honestly you would never think
Caryn
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED THIS STORY! A man has been sentenced to die in 28 days. The courts say he murdered 5 girls and tortured a 6th. He denies any involvement. Quinten has given up hope.

This starts this novel and what a story it is! There is murder, love, mystery, and more. One thing I really liked is that things get revealed throughout the story instead of all at the end. Saige is his victim #6 and even she believes he might be innocent.

Well written and edge of your seat quality!! I highly recommend!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Excited about this one! 2 10 Oct 12, 2015 11:52AM
Lexi Buchanan is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author and smut peddler. When not writing stories that'll make you sob, sin, or melt your panties, you'll find her sitting in the sunshine or yelling at the cat to put the hamster down!

Thank you to each and every one of you for your continued support.