Start by marking “Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!” as Want to Read:
Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!

Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  2,975 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
Sunbathing dinosaurs and artistic dinosaurs, dancing dinosaurs and volleyball-playing dinosaurs make learning opposites fun! From Boynton on Board, the bestselling series of extra-big, extra-fat, extra-appealing board books, Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs! features the inimitable Sandra Boyntonís colorful, humorous drawings and lively text.

Dinosaurs EARLY.
Dinosaurs LATER.
Dino
Board book, 24 pages
Published October 1st 1993 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!

Matt
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of Neo's all-time favourite books is by Sandra Boynton. He loves board books by this author and wants to read them all. When we saw this, we had to get it. All sorts of dinos doing many fun things. Neo was impressed!!
Suzy
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a delight to have my great niece and nephews (ages 3-8) read this to me. I love Boynton! This is a fun walk through opposites(good/bad, large/small, happy/sad, etc.) illustrated with dinosaurs.
Archit Ojha
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dinosaurs are a lot of fun and when you get to read about them with kids, the joy increases leaps and bounds. Sandra Boynton's illustrations are indeed charming.
Jacob
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A worthy children's book that is fun and engaging and would be easy for a little one to sink their teeth into.
Aneesa
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
There is no such thing as a bad or ugly dinosaur.
JamSam
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have this one memorized no problem. However I'm frequently distracted by pointing out which of the other Boynton books I have from the back cover. It's kind of like having two books in one.
Windi
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Granddaughter loves this book. Interesting word choices: plump, spiny.
Valerie
Aug 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-the-boys
Sandra Boynton is a family favorite.
Megan Gery
I am a serious Sandra Boynton fan, always and forever, and this cute book lives up to the rest.
Karl
Apr 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Everyone likes dinosaurs.
Megan Garrison
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Sierra P
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This quick read would be enjoyable for young students beginning to analyze concepts like, opposites, and how things are alike and different. The book skims through different ways to compare dinosaurs. The pictures are well drawn, showing action relating to the text. The text is largely printed and repetitive to help with letter identification. The only thing I would change about this charming little book is the illustration of the dinosaurs. I believe student may have a hard time connecting to t ...more
Hααℓєу♡ Ƒιѕнєя
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, fiction, kids-books
I enjoy these books even though they are very simple.
Amanda
Jan 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: me-and-ozman
I was not impressed by "dinosaurs cute, dinosaurs not" line. Otherwise, it was okay and Oliver enjoyed it.
Katharine Coggeshall
This isn't the best Boynton book out there. It's a fine book, but just nowhere near as great as her others. It doesn't hold the child's attention as well as her other books and the illustrations are a bit dull.
Jaclyn
Classic Boynton!
Erik
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-children
Fun dinosaurs and rhymes make for a good lesson on opposites.
Brittany
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
my youngest loves this book! with the colors and the opposites! it's great for my 3 year old to point to
Jeani
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Eh. Not my favorite Boynton book. I don't like some of the language about not being cute, etc.
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute way to show opposites.
Ashwini Baranwal
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tiny-2
This is the 1st book I'm updating read by the father of my kids. Yes, the dad gets to read when my hands are full, so most books don't get a review. I missed reading this book. Seems like a good fun book from one of our favorite author. We know the hippos pigs and other characters from her series. Absolutely love the illustrations in this book and we'll explained behavior. Enough for a 2YO to understand.
J Marsano
Jan 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: infant-toddler
Science says that dinosaurs were either kidnapped by aliens from the Pleiades or died when a killer lawyer asteroid made litigious contact with the planet Earth. In fact, the dinosaurs are alive and well in the Sandra Boynton universe. Here, they busy themselves with teaching toddlers about colours, directionality, adjectives and antonyms. Not bad for a board book.

It's short and fun and your toddler or preschooler will probably love this. All the illustrations are done in the inimitable Boynton
Drew Graham
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Dinosaurs come in all shapes, sizes, colors and looks (however crazy those looks might be).

This large board book is another great SB selection, this time featuring a colorful cast of dinosaurs, which of course are always popular at our house. This reminds me (for obvious reasons) of another favorite, Dinosaur Roar!, but I almost think I like this one better, at least as far as the illustrations and various dinorepresentations go. Her books always have a great flow and plenty of amusing things to
Kathy
Jun 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Andy asks for this book again and again, back to back. We have to start and end the day by reading this. And he giggles through it every time. It is a good book for talking about opposites and colors, but mainly just a really fun read. We made up signs for various adjectives (shivering for 'dinosaurs cold,' flexing our muscles for 'dinosaurs strong,' etc.) and Andy does them while we read. He even does them when looking through the book on his own. It's really cute. And when the dinosaurs get st ...more
Kelly  Schuknecht
Oct 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Sandra Boynton books are all a lot of fun to read to little ones, but this one is my favorite. I have the best memories reading this with each of my kids when they were little. As the reader, you can act out pages as you read and the kids will start to play along. My daughter would watch my face intently as I would read "dinosaurs SAD" and "dinosaurs BAD." My boys would giggle as I poked the dinosaurs and read "dinosaurs SPINY" and we'd all yell "OUCH!"

Over the last five years I have probably r
Craig
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Another Sandra Boynton book, another hit with Chloe. Dinosaurs cute, Dinosaurs not gives her some trouble as she thinks the "nots" are cute as well. Also, she thinks the "bad" dinosaurs are just sad, but that is probably a big ball of psychology that we need to deal with much later.

She particularly likes saying "dinosaurs crammed in a "chloe-vator" rather than elevator.

a fun read. In heavy bedtime rotation right now.
jacky
May 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: toddlers, preschoolers, the dinosaur obessed
Shelves: board-books, lib-lew
We missed story time, so Natalie walked me around the children's room. I let her stand holding herself up with the board book shelves and I saw this. I thought, dinosaurs and Sandra Boynton! This should be great! Well, it was just okay. I wanted it to be more quirky, like All the Hippos Go Beserk, but it was really more of an opposites / adjectives book. Still fun, but not awesome.
Lindsay
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This Boynton book rhymes and teaches children about opposites through dinosaurs. I told this story in Spanish using flannel art pieces for a dinosaur/dragon-themed program for both Spanish and bilingual story time. Although my Spanish re-telling didn't rhyme, one can never go wrong with a dinosaur story!
Jamie
Mar 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: toddler-books
This is a cute book. It puts an adjective after the word dinosaur on most of the pages and each page is an opposite of the other. The only problem is that it makes my daughter say her descriptive words after the nouns like -the house red-. She really likes it though and wants me to read it over and over again.
  • How Do Dinosaurs Play with Their Friends?
  • Touch & Feel: FARM
  • Dog
  • Baby Animals
  • Bright Baby Animals
  • My Very First Book of Animal Homes
  • Yummy Yucky
  • Dinosaur Roar!
  • Curious George's Opposites
  • That's Not My Dinosaur (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
  • Daddy Kisses
  • Tumble Bumble
  • Peek-a-Who?
  • Llama Llama Nighty-Night
  • So Many Bunnies: A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designed—for various companies—calendars, wallpaper, bed ...more
More about Sandra Boynton