Start by marking “Fighting Shadows (Cortii #2)” as Want to Read:
Fighting Shadows (Cortii #2)

Read Book

Fighting Shadows (Cortii #2)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The Cortii are mercenaries, for hire to anyone who can afford their services. From their beginnings in humanoid pre-history, they have grown and colonised to span every galaxy. Every government uses them; no single government can destroy them.

To the Councils that rule the Cortii, eleven lives are easily replaced.

For the newest unit in their ranks, those eleven lives were h
Paperback, 1, 324 pages
Published October 6th 2015 by J.C. Steel

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting Shadows

Knockin' Books
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews posted originally on the blog: http://www.knockinbooks.com/reviews

I’ve already admitted to y’all that despite my love of sci fi movies, I’m not a sci fi reader. I generally find the world building in sci fi novels to be more than my short attention span can handle. I prefer more straightforward reads that don’t require 100% of my brainpower to follow. But I made an exception to my normal rules for book 1 in this series, Through the Hostage, and while it didn’t completely convert me i
Pallavi Sareen
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Even with the unique world building, variety of characters and a protagonist with the devil-may-care attitude, this book failed to keep me captivated for more than a few pages at a time. Hence, such a gap between the prequel and this book. It took me 3 days to finally finish the book that I could have read in 3 hours if it was a little easier to comprehend. I found the story to be a little too complex and Khyria Ilan our main character, I like her, her abilities and attitude, it felt like she wa ...more
Ana Meyer
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Now to start I will say that I have not read the first book in the series which worried me when I started it but I was quickly able to pick up and follow the story without even reading the first book. It is well put together and the world building is wonderful. It left me with many questions but what good thriller doesn't? I think it was a great blending of scifi and thriller and gave me a lot to work with when forming the characters and stories in my mind. A must read for SciFi fans.
Aly
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book just as much as the first one. Khyria is a great character. I loved how she grew within this book. There were lots of twists and turns in this book. I think this book was fun for me to read. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Clare Meyers
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
J.C. Steel's second novel in her Cortii series takes everything that made Through the Hostage good and improves on it: pacing, characters, everything. Through the Hostage was a good book, but Fighting Shadows shines.

The story returns to Khyria Ilan and Wildcat Cortia. Now no longer trainees, Khyria has to rebuild her depleted unit while still fending off her enemies both political and physical. The political machinations of the various Cortii and their ruling body is a little impenetrable at fir
Jenn
Aug 21, 2017
Boyko Ovcharov
Jun 09, 2016
J.C. Steel
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Porsha
is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2017
Amanda
Sep 07, 2017
Born in Gibraltar and raised on a yacht around the coasts of the Atlantic, I’m an author, martial artist and introvert. In between the necessary making of money to allow the writing of more books, I can usually be found halfway to the further galaxy.

Science-fiction and urban fantasy are my favourite genres. I grew up on a rich diet of Anne McCaffrey, Tolkien, Dorothy Dunnett, and Jack Higgins; I c
More about J.C. Steel

Cortii (4 books)
  • Through the Hostage (Cortii #1)
  • Elemental Affinity (Cortii #3)
  • Elemental Conflict (Cortii #4)