Start by marking “The Secret of the Highly Creative Thinker: How To Make Connections Others Don't” as Want to Read:
The Secret of the Highly Creative Thinker: How To Make Connections Others Don't

The Secret of the Highly Creative Thinker: How To Make Connections Others Don't

Supported by the latest neuroscience, this book gives you hands-on advice on how to enhance your own creativity. You will find it an inspiring combination of theory, techniques, anecdotes and exercises to help you access better ideas and bigger breakthroughs.

People who are good at having ideas are good at seeing connections. Could teaching people to see connections be a wa
Published July 12th 2016 by BIS Publishers (first published May 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of the Highly Creative Thinker, please sign up.
Avril Vandermerwe This book mentions photography, and has a number of photographs demonstrating photographers making creative connections. I would say it is absolutely…moreThis book mentions photography, and has a number of photographs demonstrating photographers making creative connections. I would say it is absolutely applicable not only to a photographer, but to anyone working in any field. It's concepts are not restricted to either the arts or business, but are all-encompassing.(less)

Marek
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While doing The walk exercise, suddenly, somehow I made from the Føtex supermarket a castle. In a million years I wouldn’t say that I would imagine that, even thought it was a simple connection of seeing kind of architecture of a like tower part of building and grey colour which you could see in some of the castles. This book really helps to completely open your mind in a new way and see connections everywhere.
The magic formula “How might I…” is long time known “Can Do” approach or how problem
Mike Smart
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Handy book that focuses on helping you to improve at the skill of making connections between different things, and how the ability to make connections plays a central and trainable role in creativity. The back half of the book is a series of 21 activities for building this skill.
Yordi Verbeeck
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Conclusion: creativity CAN be taught!

This book covers a clear statement, with proof and 21 exercises to improve your creativity. It's written in clear language, a quick read and gloriously structured.

Only having done half of the exercises I already feel a shift in my creative thinking.
Avril Vandermerwe
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating look at creative thinking, with practical exercises included. As someone who read and applied the ideas of Edward de Bono to my teaching, I am thrilled with this addition to the conversation on creative thinking and how to enhance it. Now I want to purchase the Creative Thinker's Exercise Book!
Inna Ivanova
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fresh look on creativity. Yes! Creativity can be learned! The book includes a boot camp with 21 creativity exercises - practical and entertaining.
Pierre-Henry Soria
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must-have! And for anyone!
Elizabeth Keshishyan
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is like a recipe: you just read, take what is needed, and do it.
It is a good manual to train your brain for some creative spark.
Natalía Papadopoúlou
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: creativity
Quick to read book, perhaps the first that combines examples of products, science and practical exercises to train your creativity in three weeks.
Emin Baki
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite illustrative book on creativity!
Stef Hamerlinck
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the 'do' aproach in this book but i did not get enough out of it. It lacked some depth and knowledge for me.
Shilpa
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, creative
How do you make connections others don't?

The Secret Of The Highly Creative Thinker will show you just how. This is by far one of my favourite creative books of the year. It's simple. It's powerful. And, it's loaded with insights to ignite your creative thinking.

Creative thinking has become less of a luxury and more of a necessity.

Whatever the industry, innovative ideas are considered the glue that will hold the brand together and ensure that it weathers the storm against competition. Managemen
Kelly Roberts
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have never considered myself to be creative. I am an accountant, I'm not artistic, I can't draw. I even give up on my Sudoku game if the answer isn't obvious. Yet, I can train my brain to see connections-the heart of creative thinking. The Secret of the Highly Creative Thinker isn't just a "science of" book, it is a "how to" manual. It walks you through the step by step of strengthening your brain's natural creative muscle with a bootcamp of 21 different exercises and inspiration on every page ...more
Louise
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Letlæselig bog for dem, der vil have mod og metoder til at være mere kreative.
Patricia Neto
Dec 02, 2018
Pernille Christine
Feb 24, 2018
Arturo Leon Reséndiz
Sep 05, 2019
Mimi Webb
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
These authors give a really good isnight on how to make connections and come up with creative ideas, with some rrally good examples! Rrally good read when you need some inspiration!
Evita
Lasse Hultén
Nov 01, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• 5 Day Weekend: Freedom to Make Your Life and Work Rich with Purpose
  • How to Speak Any Language Fluently: Fun, stimulating and effective methods to help anyone learn languages faster
  • How to Read a Photograph: Lessons from Master Photographers
  • The Glass Closet: Why Coming Out Is Good Business
  • TransForm: Dramatically Improve Your Career, Business, Relationships, and Life: One Simple Step at a Time
  • The Boy Who Loved Apples