Start by marking “15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs” as Want to Read:

Double Your Productivity Without Feeling Overworked and Overwhelmed. What if a few new habits could dramatically increase your productivity, and even 5x or 10x it in key areas? What if you could get an an hour a day to read, exercise, or to spend with your family.

New York Times bestselling author, Kevin Kruse, presents the remarkable findings of his study of ultra-produ
Published October 9th 2015 by The Kruse Group

Be the first to ask a question about 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management

Start your review of 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs
Greg Swierad
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book about productivity. Even though some of the productivity strategies are well known, Kevin Kruse explained the importance of them in a way that you really want to apply then to your life. My three best takeaways are:
* Don’t let your future self sabotage you
* Be who you want to become in the future
* Productivity is about energy and focus, not time. Manage your energy.

From this book, I extracted 19 great habits/strategies and also wrote a book summary. Here it is: https://w
Ridwan
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book gives 15 tips everyone should know if they want to manage their time effectively and efficiently. I wouldn't call these tips as secrets because all of the suggested tips are available on the internet via countless blog posts, videos, articles, etc etc. Few key takeaways for me are:

- Time management is not about managing time anymore. It's about one's values, priorities and habits.
- Use calendar to manage time rather than to-do list.
- Always carry a notebook to capture ideas and thought
Emily
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
3.ish stars.

Okay, so here's the review.

The first part of the book is wonderful. I really enjoyed reading Kruse's tips for successful time management, despite the fact that they feel largely pointed at business executives. The specifically stated groups-to-help are execs, entrepreneurs, stay-at-home-parents, students, and freelancers. Unfortunately for me, educators were not on that list. Meaning that not EVERYTHING applied. I'm not allowed to say "no" to meetings, or do certain tasks at certai
Mark Rosemaker
(3.5 stars: not that well written and a bit promotional, but the advice about the calendar is worth gold!)

What is the book about?
The book is about effective time management. It draws on the authority of people seen to be effective in their lives.

What problem was the author trying to solve?
How to have a happier and more stress-free life and how to achieve more at work, in business and in school.

What are the main arguments? Do I agree?
He does not make major arguments, he simply states what works f
Scott Allan
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management

Kevin Kruse has written one of the best books I’ve ever read on scaling up Time Management. In this book ‘15 Secrets Successful people Know about Time Management’, Author Kruse starts off with introducing the idea of ‘1440,’ and the importance of keeping an eye on our 1440 minutes of the day.

As Kevin states: “We can never get time back again. Unlike money, it is irreplaceable. Once it’s gone, it’s gone for good.”

This is why this book is a ne
Lakeemah
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must for all students, educators,business owners and leaders. The author presents the keys and fundamentals to a productive way of organizing your life. The content provided is very adaptable, engaging, and motivating. We all have 1440 minutes, how will you use them. Find out how to unlock your inner powers.
Matt
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly , this is a book I bought when I was working full time in a large organization a few years ago. It would have been helpful then but being semi-retiring it doesn’t appear as valuable. Well, time mgmt is valuable at any stage of life but the stuff about meetings, managing your phone calls, email, etc doesn’t apply to me now.

In summary the book is a re-telling of most of the good time mgmt thoughts you may have already heard. I took off a star for that fact.
Joni Fisher
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I wish I had read this book decades ago. Oh, the time I would have saved by not spinning my wheels on ineffective scheduling. Time is our most valuable resource and yet we often fail to manage it so that we can directly reach our goals. Logical, practical, insightful, and brilliant are the time management methods used by billionaires and top-performers in every industry. They are revealed here for all to apply. Thank you, Kevin Kruse, for this revelation. I am changing my habits and reducing str ...more
Nahid
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a solid research based book on time management (energy management actually). Traditional time management does not work. A lot of people get stressed and burnt out because they rush to everything at the end of deadline. Traditional time management not only drain our energy but also make us anxious about everything we do. In this book, Kevin Kruse demystifies the myth of time management. He discusses 15 productivity habits of billionaires, Olympic athletes, straight-A students and entrepr ...more
Alan
The most important thing to remember about this book is that it is an edited collection of blog posts. And about 50% of the book (by page count) is collected quotes from successful people - some of which are referred to in the blog posts. I would guess that less than 25% of this book is actually written by Mr Kruse given this repetition of the quotes.

And why these people? Because they are successful in their chosen field and they responded to an invitation from the author to contribute some thou
Indasa LaVerne Butler
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A complete 180!

This book has changed the way I think and approach life. I look at emails, phone calls, to do lists, and my calendar in a much different and more productive manner. Bravo!
Bob Pawlowski
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent and inspiring!

Great ideas centered around bring more productive. Inspiring quotes and ideas from highly successful people with different backgrounds. Many references to other good books, concepts, and websites.
Peter Kariuki
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very actionable tips and recommendations for becoming better at managing your time, and more importantly, managing your mental energy.
Shirley
Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book for the first 15 Secrets, but got very repetitive and a bit boring at the end with so many quotes from way too many professionals, sport celebrities, students, etc. Could have stopped at the first 15 and let people apply each secret to their own area since that was done at the end of each chapter.
Solomon Mark
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am very happy that i read this book. It gave me lot of insights about time management. Kevin kruse talks about importance of time and one can utilize it get more outcomes. I procrastinate lot. After reading this book i getting guilty feeling when i am wasting time or procrastinate some thing. I ll try to summarize the take from this book.

1. Time is most important thing. If we loose we can’t get it back. So we have to spend it usefully. Ever minute is important.
2. We must focus on one thing a
Faiz Sabir
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! An excellent resource on tips and how to become efficient and productive from people who are or have actually trodden their respective paths with practical tips from pros. I especially enjoyed the Top students section as it loaded with tips.

Im a skeptic when it comes to such literature as we all know most people in the self help section regurgitate a blog or other peoples in a monotonous tone. Watch out who you listen to or read as those ideas can trickle into your life and people around
Brandon Nankivell
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, 2015
Incredible value. I was fortunate enough to get the eBook version on Amazon Kindle for 0.99 which is why I may be rating this 5 stars for the value I got. The first half of the book is the richest in value - 15 time-saving methods that are backed up by millionaires and many great leaders. A few of the techniques are use a calendar instead of a to-do list and outsource repetitive tasks that can be done by others.
Ron Blake
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Kevin's I highly recommend his new podcast. Such great leadership insights!
John King
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
very good

Very helpful. I will recommend it to people I care about. I happily deleted my to do list before I finished the first chapter.
Jeff Hexter
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
While some info was contradictory, there were some truly useful ideas here, and many suggestions on how to implement them personally as well as professionally.
Selin Kahraman
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very practical advice

book is filled with bullet pointed advices, direct quotes from very successful people. i will try out the blue calendar asap :)
Logan Streondj
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great time management book that has changed my life in the short time I've had it.
The main takeaways for me was to put less emphasis on todo lists and much more on having a calendar schedule. The quote that stuck with me most from here is scheduling your calendar in 15 minute increments will put you in 95th percentile of time organization.

Otherwise I like to review my non fiction books by going through the table of contents.

* The power of 1440
there are 1440 minutes in a day, and ev
Dhaval
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
In today's competitive working environment, productivity tips and time management are crucial to success. Mr. Kruse distills 15 time management and productivity tips with anecdotes, conclusions from studies, and quotes from famous entrepreneurs, Olympic winners, and straight A students. The tips were not novel, and are very similar to other productivity and self-help guides. For instance, social media is a time sink, meetings should be kept to a minimum, 80-20 rule where 20% of work is responsib ...more
B. Henry
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
The much disappointing factors about the book are,
1) The first secret (SECRET #1) is the book is not a secret. It is a cosmic statement.
2) The 15 secrets mentioned in the book differ from the way he describes15 secrets in his website (Quick Start Action Plan); which is much better than reading the book .
3) Many of his secrets cannot be considered secrets; it are mere techniques.
4) A real time management professional will give his advise, that too in a generalised manner, in numbers less than or
Islom Ilkhomov
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

- Use calendar to manage time rather than to-do list.
- Always carry a notebook to capture ideas and thought
Harry Vinh
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is more of a summary of big ideas in time-management:
Important points:
- Time is your most valuable and scarcest resource: 1,440 minutes.
- Strictly plan your calendars and stick to it along with a to-do-list of tasks sorted by priority.
- Some tips for procrastination:
○ Do now what you can do later!
○ For motivation, imagine your results.
○ Fear of punishment works better!
○ Embrace the imperfect.
- Push yourself with challenging tasks but yet don't overwork.
- Say no to everyth
Christina/ The Blog for Teachers, Readers, & Life!
Non-Fiction, Time Management, Business, Skill

15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management is essentially a case study of what successful people do to maximize productivity by providing simple, practical, and efficient solutions to time “vampires.” Richard Branson, Mark Cuban, Natalie MacNeil, Dustin Moskovitz, and many more successful people added input to this amazing resource.

Kruse illustrates effective ways to get to “Zero Emails in your Inbox”, Marissa Mayer and Richard Branson’s
Sergio
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I don't have much to say about this book. It was useful but sometimes contradictory; for example it talked about not using to-do lists but then mentioned some other practices that were pretty similar. I do have to say it was a nice refresher in some time management areas and learned I some new things
When it comes to books like this one, you have to be open minded and receptive to ideas and suggestions, even if you won't implement them exactly as described. The best thing you can do while reading
Alex Bulankou
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Amy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick read that reiterated time and energy management basics. I read this because I’ve been under stress and sometimes just reading about getting things under control helps make things seem more manageable. I’ve read a lot on the topic over the years and one previous reviewer is right: If you’ve read other books on time management there are few “secrets” here.

That said, this is one of the things that makes it a helpful read: It captures a lot of wisdom and links it to anecdotes from high perf
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Extreme Productivity: Boost Your Results, Reduce Your Hours
  • Organize Tomorrow Today: 8 Ways to Retrain Your Mind to Optimize Performance at Work and in Life
  • The Grid: The Decision-making Tool for Every Business (Including Yours)
  • Time Management (The Brian Tracy Success Library)
  • High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way
  • Great Leaders Have No Rules: Contrarian Leadership Principles to Transform Your Team and Business
  • The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It
  • Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
  • Overworked and Overwhelmed: The Mindfulness Alternative
  • Mindware: Tools for Smart Thinking
  • Design Your Future: 3 Simple Steps to Stop Drifting and Take Command of Your Life
  • What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast: A Short Guide to Making Over Your Mornings--and Life
  • The Productivity Project: Accomplishing More by Managing Your Time, Attention, and Energy
  • The 5 AM Club: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life
  • Less Doing, More Living: Make Everything in Life Easier
  • The Science of Kissing: What Our Lips Are Telling Us
  • 21 Days to a Big Idea!: Creating Breakthrough Business Concepts
  • The 5 Levels of Leadership: Proven Steps to Maximize Your Potential

News & Interviews

“If you aren’t busy working on your own goals, you’ll be working to achieve somebody else’s goals.” 4 likes
“Actually, highly successful people don’t think about time much at all. Instead, they think about values, priorities, and consistent habits.” 3 likes