Start by marking “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1

(Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus #1)

The definitive comics collection of all things "Buffy" starts here.

This first massive volume begins at the beginning--The Origin, a "faithful" adaptation of creator Joss Whedon's original screenplay for the film that started it all. The newly chosen Slayer's road to Sunnydale continues in Viva Las Buffy and Slayer, Interrupted. Next, Sunnydale, the Scoobies, and an
Published July 3rd 2007 by Dark Horse

To ask other readers questions about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, please sign up.
Ana Filipa Yes, you can. The Omnibus 1 collects stories from before Buffy went to Sunnydale, so it doesn't interfere with the other books. Volumes 2-7 collect…moreYes, you can. The Omnibus 1 collects stories from before Buffy went to Sunnydale, so it doesn't interfere with the other books. Volumes 2-7 collect stories from Season 1 to Season 6. (less)

Start your review of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1
fablesandwren
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
WrensReads Review:

I read this as a collection, so I wanted to rate the first Volume all together.

To see my reviews as Issues, you can click on the links below
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: All's Fair (Buffy Classics, #1)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Origin (Buffy Classics, #2)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Viva Las Buffy (Buffy Classics, #3)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Dawn and Hoopy the Bear (Buffy Classics, #4)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Slayer, Interrupted (Buffy Classics, #5)

Main thoughts:
I love anything
Adam
Aug 08, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I have a soft spot for the Buffy comics for two reasons: 1) I like the show to an embarrassing degree and 2) I was an assistant editor on the comics (in fact, I'm credited with that in this volume though I don't think I actually worked on any of the issues in this collection -- they all came before or after my time on the title).

Anyway, I liked this collection. They are good comics. Not great, but good. They capture something of the spirit of the show even if they can't quite capture the show's
Ronyell
Buffy

Introduction:

Now, I have to tell everyone who reads this review something…I am a HUGE FAN OF “BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER!!!” I have always loved that show and when I heard that they were making comic books out of this series, of course I had to check them out! So, when I picked up the “Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume One,” I was wondering what this volume was going to be all about and to my excitement and delight, this volume detailed the early years of Buffy Summers when she first
Gary Sundell
4.5 stars. I didn't care much for the artwork in the first story, which features Drusilla and Spike. All of the stories are set before season 1. I enjoyed the rest, although seeing Dawn is a bit weird. I know when she was introduced on the show it was stated reality was altered and she was always there as Buffy's kid sister.
Iris
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Challenge #49 A book based on or turned into a tv show (POPsugar reading challenge 2015)

(I FINALLY FINISHED THE CHALLENGE!!!)
elizabeth • paper ghosts
I'm going to be upfront and mention that probably any and all Buffy and/or Angel graphic novels are going to be totally biased on my part. I kind of have a borderline unhealthy obsession with Buffy...so yeah. I'll still try to be critical, but they're pretty much all going to be five star ratings from me. ;)

As in my "Charmed" graphic novel reviews, I'll be breaking these down by issue. I don't discuss too much of storyline because I like to stay mostly spoiler free. ;)

1.) "All's Fair"
Loved
Brittany
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Being a huge fan of the Buffyverse and Joss as a whole, there is nothing about this collection that I dislike. The artwork is gorgeous, even with the different artists styles changing up every comic or so. The stories fit in beautifully with the Buffy series, lending witty comments, quirky facial expressions, and story arcs that tie everything together.

I suppose you COULD read the comics in the order that they actually came out, if that's what strikes your fancy. However, if you're a fan of the
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
Not the best comic ever but also not the worse. Out of all four short comics I liked 3 of them which wasn’t bad. I feel like I’m just gonna leave the comics for now and go watch the show. I’m curious ...more
Edmund
This was a really fun read! All the issues collected in this comics felt in line with the tv show and Buffy, of course, doesn't fail to deliver her one-liners while slaying. I have to say I enjoyed all the comics, but my favourite definitely was Slayer, Interrupted. Buffy faces new challenges as a new slayer and slowly learns more about her destiny. What really surprised me was that Dawn was included in the comics so early. I expected it to be more in line with the show, but I have to say I'm ...more
Ela
Slayer, Interrupted, Chapter 1,2,3 & 4 - 4.5 stars
Allison
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I loved 75% of this, but I found one of the longer stories, Viva Las Buffy!, extremely hard to follow. That is why I am only giving this 3 stars. The story flipped back and forth between the perspectives of Buffy, Pike, and Angelus while trying to balance multiple story-lines and I was confused for most of it.

I'm also not sure why this started with a story about Spike and Dru. I could not care any less about them than I already do so I was mostly uninterested throughout.

Buffy: The Origin and
Alice Rachel
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's Buffy... Enough said! ; )
Kathleen
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great collection, because it starts out with comics written later in the title's run, but set before the show started. Have you ever wondered how Buffy's origin would go if Dawn was there? Then this is the book for you. Along with a well done retelling of the original motion picture, this book has a few really good short stories, and the answer to the immortal question of what happened to Pike after Buffy left LA.

I highly recommend this book to fans of the television show or readers
Deanna Downs
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is cool. I like the art. It’s by no means just “Buffy, the comic version,” it’s all different stories. A lot of background about Buffy and Giles so far. The first story in the volume is about Spike and Drusilla and is the weakest story in my opinion so it’s unfortunate that they led with it. I almost stopped reading.
Sarah Baker
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a very good book but I think the show is better.
Chloe
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the collection of stories in this omnibus. It captured the same darkness the show had as well as its lighter, more humorous moments. Liked the art too!
Ashlee
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Really enjoyed these stories it gave me alot of backstory to better understand slayer by Kiersten white.
Lucy
Jan 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
I bought this comic in a fit of Buffy withdrawal, but didn’t have very high hopes for it. After all, it’s not cannon, and most of it isn’t even written by Joss Whedon—though I believe he did approve most of it. But after watching the Buffy movie, I was really intrigued to see the original script adapted as a comic.

For some reason I don’t understand, the book opens not with Buffy, but with a one-shot story following Spike and Drusilla. Maybe if this story was setting up the baddies for the rest
David
The Buffy Omnibus collects the old Dark Horse Comics series that preceded Buffy: Season Eight. These stories were not written by Joss Whedon or with Whedon's input, which shows as there isn't the characteristic clever dialog or planting of plot seeds that emerge later.

Omnibus Volume 1 tells Buffy's "origin" story, which means the first part is a graphic adaptation of the original movie, and the rest is the events between the end of the movie (when Buffy burned down her old high school) and the
Andrew
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
For me, and I'm sure this is the case for a lot of cats, Buffy the Vampire Slayer exists within a sort nostalgic tesseract-something that doesn't exist as we first knew it, when we were first introduced back in the 90's. No, those days only exist on re-runs found within whatever streaming service one employs for their viewing pleasure. Like Seinfeld on Hulu. Only, thanks to Dark Horse Comics, this pop culture phenomenon is still out there and keeps building upon Joss Whedon's brainchild. This ...more
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ Home library

This graphic novel starts before Buffy goes to Sunnydale and contains her life in L.A. after Merrick, her Watcher, tells her that’s she’s the new Slayer. There are some Sunnydale scenes interspersed here and there and it flips back and forth between the stories and, after Origin, Giles being tested to see if he’s worthy of being the Slayer’s new Watcher.

All’s Fair ~ A Spike and Dru story set at the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair. Man, I love these two crazy vamps.

The
Jim
Several good stories that take place prior to Season One. In all of the Buffy stories, she is still living in LA, and will not move to Sunnydale until right before Season One begins.

All's Fair.
An enjoyable Spike & Dru story that takes place in 1933 at the World's Fair. This story was also found in the TPB Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Spike & Dru .

The Origin.
This is considered to be a more faithful adaptation of Joss Whedon's Buffy screenplay than the movie was. Pretty cool.

Viva Las
Lori
Jan 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008january
Bleh.

As I've mentioned before, comics really aren't my genre. If the story is compelling enough, then I'm able to see the appeal. If not, well, this is a decent example.

The Omnibus volumes are supposed to showcase the best of the Buffy comics, in chronological order. They're not written or even approved of by Joss (or, with a couple of exceptions, anyone affiliated with the show). And as much as I'm a tad obsessed with most things in Whedon's world, these just don't fit.

I'm all about back story,
Tina
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
This collection of Buffy-comics started out quite...meh, but got much better after the first half. Aside from the messy storytelling the art was quite ugly in the beginning, Buffy didn't look like Buffy and there was a lot of "anatomy don't work that way".

Weird anatomy doesn't put me off if someone is doing it consistently (I read manga, weird anatomy is my middle name). But this illustrator mostly went weird in the action-sequences, so it was really bothering me. Unless you do
Farren
Some of these stories I really liked, while some dragged it down as a whole. I love that the movie story line was included, as I am a fan of both the movie and the TV series (and always thought the two weren't connected as well as they think they were.) Since I stopped liking the show during the college years and quit watching all together when that whole thing with Dawn showing up and Glory (I think that's her name) was introduced, I was a bit sad to see they threw Dawn in like she was there ...more
Pamster
Dec 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
I read many but not all of these Buffy comics when they came out, and it's really exciting to go back & read these. The Omnibus editions repackage the comics in chronological order according to the timeline of the show. At this volume's end, the stories are still pre-Sunnydale. I finished and immediately wished I'd bought both available volumes. Also, I'd like to mention, for all the comics writers reading this, I hate in-jokes in comics, like references within the story to Joss or to the ...more
Rage
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
I think I tried to read some Buffy comics when I was much younger, hadn't watched much of the TV show, and completely didn't get it. I went into this assuming it would continue from after the show ended, but instead it delves into Buffy's history and origin. (With a bit of Giles's journey, as well.) Like several other reviews on here, I wasn't crazy about Spike and Dru in the beginning. In most of the stories, the characters look almost exactly like the actors. My favorite story was about Dawn ...more
Ellen
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

This isn't going to change the world or anything, but as a fan of the show I enjoyed these stories. "Dawn & Hoopy the Bear" was a little much, but whatever. It does make me want to watch the show again. Anyone who is a fan will enjoy this. You get a little more background on what happened between the film and the show.
Jackie "the Librarian"
Sep 20, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Buffy fans
A collection of stories by various authors filling in Buffy's history before she arrives at Sunnydale, and before the start of the tv series. Includes a new version of the movie, without the camp feel that undermined it.
Like any anthology, it's uneven, but anything Buffy is good Buffy in my opinion. And I loved the story about Dawn and Hoopy Bear!
Rafel
description

The pre-Sunnydale story of Buffy and how she came to be the slayer of the Vampyres. (Dawn included)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Buffy: The High School Years - Freaks & Geeks (Buffy: The High School Years, #1)
  • Buffy: The High School Years - Parental Parasite (Buffy: The High School Years, #3)
  • Buffy: The High School Years - Glutton for Punishment (Buffy: The High School Years, #2)
  • Fray
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Tales
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Origin (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #4 Buffy Season 1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Predators and Prey (Season 8, Volume 5)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Last Gleaming (Season 8, Volume 8)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Retreat (Season 8, Volume 6)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home (Season 8, Volume 1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future for You (Season 8, Volume 2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer:  Time of Your Life (Season 8, Volume 4)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Twilight (Season 8, Volume 7)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at the Gate (Season 8, Volume 3)
  • Tales of the Slayers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #1)
  • Angel Omnibus
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: On Your Own (Season 9, Volume 2)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Reckoning (Season 12, Volume 1)
Christopher Golden is the award-winning, bestselling author of such novels as The Myth Hunters, Wildwood Road, The Boys Are Back in Town, The Ferryman, Strangewood, Of Saints and Shadows, and (with Tim Lebbon) Mind the Gap. Golden co-wrote the lavishly illustrated novel Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire with Mike Mignola, which they are currently scripting as a feature film ...more

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus (7 books)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 3
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 4
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 5
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 6
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 7
“Konu bu değil ki. Her zaman bir isim vardır. Lincoln. Hitler. Gandhi. İsim, dehşete sebep olabilir, hayrete...Bazen de harika şeylere, isim yapmaya çalışan milyonlarca insan var. Hayal dahi edemeyeceği şeylerle karşılaşan insanlar. En kritik anda, kendi isimlerimiz bile insanların bizi ayırmak için kullandığı seslere dönüşür. Savaşabildim mi? Faydam oldu mu? Kız kardeşlerime destek oldum mu? Yoldaşlarıma, çocuklarıma, sümüklü böcek kabilesine...Her birimizin içinde zincirin bir halkası var. Adamın dediği gibi, ya varlığını hissedersin, ya da bilmezden gelirsin. Hissetmeye çalıştım. Bir kadın gibi karanlıkla yüzleşmeye çalıştım. Bundan fazlasına ihtiyacım yok. Beni hatırlamak zorunda değilsiniz. Kim olduğumu bile bilmiyorsunuz. Ben biliyorum.” 3 likes