Start by marking “Time to Die (Detective Jennifer Knight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Time to Die (Detective Jennifer Knight, #2)

Time to Die

(Detective Jennifer Knight #2)

He will predict your life… and your death.

Don’t ever cross his palm with silver. He will reveal your most shameful secrets. He will predict your death. He is hiding a secret. He is hiding a monster. And all his predictions come true.

Investigating a series of chilling murders, Detective Jennifer Knight finds herself tracking a mysterious tarot card reader known only as The
Published September 24th 2015 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Time to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time to Die

Start your review of Time to Die (Detective Jennifer Knight, #2)
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This is now one of my favourite five star reads of the last 12 months and I have read and reviewed 500 books over that period (I checked my stats).

Well! Obviously I have been hiding under a rock somewhere by not discovering Caroline Mitchell sooner. Of course silly me checked my *ahem* very full Kindle to realise I actually had her first book in this series but hey, this novel read brilliantly without knowing the background from the first novel. So it's all good.

I have read a few novels over th
Maureen
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Oh my giddy aunt! You wouldn't want to meet Bert Bishop on a dark night, ( nor even on a sunny day for that matter )! When he offers to give a tarot card reading, it soon becomes clear that there isn't going to be a rosy ending. This crime thriller is a little different to the norm in that it incorporates a supernatural element. It was highly captivating, a real spine tingler, and I'll never see a raven in the same light again. There was also a nice twist at the end. Highly recommended.

Amanda Jane
From the first few sentences of Time To Die by Caroline Mitchell I was hooked. This was the first book I have read of Mitchell's but it certainly won't be the last!

The full title is Time to Die: A gripping serial killer thriller-with a twist. It is not an understatement to call it gripping and there are twists left,right and centre with a huge twist towards the end. It is that and more.

It is not your run of the mill police procedural crime book. There is none of the usual washed out or alcoholi
Sue
Many thanks to the author, Caroline Mitchell, the publisher, Bookouture and Netgalley for allowing me to read this excellent novel “Time To Die” by Caroline Mitchell, the follow up book to her debut novel, “Don’t Turn Around”. This second book in the Detective Jennifer Knight series, had a lot to live up to, as I was totally blown away with the first book. This book did not disappoint.

This is a paranormal Crime Thriller, a serial killer with a paranormal element that will appeal to a wide audie
Elyse  Walters
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
"Operation Moonlight", a division of law enforcement, ( a great team of characters), takes on cases that have paranormal/supernatural aspects to them in the small town of Haven in England.

Jennifer Knight is an interesting detective. She has her own psychic abilities which she
puts to use while investigating a series of murders. She is a strong female- focused and dedicated to her job. Her challenge is having the disorder OCD...yet her disorder added a
human quality to her character. (Besides..I
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
I had hoped this book would be better than the first one, and in the beginning, it actually looked like it would with a tarot reading man called the Raven whose predictions about deaths seems to come true. But after a while, I just felt that the story started to drag.

The chapters shift between Jennifer Knight and Bert, the tarot man and it worked OK in the beginning but somewhere along the way I just got tired of the alternation. Could be because I found the story just dull and I wanted it to wr
Jan
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, netgalley

Well written police story with a supernatural element that I found pleasantly appealing. While not my typical genre, the paranormal scenes added a creepiness to the story that kept me completely engrossed to the end.
The characters had depth, the story flowed at an even pace and there was a nice twist at the end to make this one enjoyable read.

I think I might have rated this higher if I had read Don't Turn Around, the first book in the Knight series, as I have come to understand that th
Gary
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was introduced to this author when I read the first book in this series 'Don't turn around' and was extremely impressed so it was an easy choice to read this novel once offered me.
The novel features Detective Jennifer Knight who is in search of a serial killer who gives Tarot card readings to his victims and is known as 'The Raven'. But everything is not as it initially appears and the book is full of suspense and surprises. The addition of a touch of psychic abilities give this series a refre
Frances
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You would not wish to meet Bertram Bishop and have him offer to predict your future. Those who do are most unfortunate, as once the tarot cards are turned over there is no going back. Bertram oozes evil from his very pores and takes great pride in all that he does. Once the prediction is made it is not the joyful future most want to hear; only death within hours of the last card being turned over. But Bertram’s main prize and conquest is Detective Jennifer Knight, who is currently investigating ...more
Angela Marsons
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely Loved this book from start to finish. I am a slow reader yet found myself anxious to get back to this book to just get onto the next chapter. The story had me captivated from the very first page and didn't let me go until the end. DC Jennifer Knight is a character that I could read about forever. I really enjoyed her character development in this second novel and seeing a different side of her through her new relationship.
I love the character of Will and also enjoyed more developmen
Sue
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m still on my catch up reads in and in between other books I’m reading or listening to.

This was a spine chilling, atmospheric, “hairs on the back of your neck stand up” kind of read.

It has some supernatural feel to this that leaves you shivering all over from your head to your toes in a real “gotta keep reading” sort of way.

I’m onto book 3!
Christine
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last, the eagerly anticipated follow up to ‘Don’t Turn Around’ has arrived. Jennifer Knight is back. This time, we have a serial killer story from the pen of Caroline Mitchell.

We return to Haven. Jennifer is now working, as part of Operation Moonlight. This is a police team that takes on cases with a supernatural element. Jennifer has a chance to use her psychic abilities to fight crime. Soon she is on the trail of the Raven, a damaged man who can predict the future with tarot cards. The Rave
Elaine
5 ++++++ Stars

photo 874037_zpsd86ac34a.gif

Fantastic thriller and with a twist that even I didn't see.

The ravens are watching and waiting....
 photo tumblr_nt39fwkjgq1utdap1o1_500_zpsw4gqiqla.gif

Detective Jennifer Knight is back again from her last case from Caroline Mitchell's first book Don't Turn Around
Now joining the elite Operation Moonlight team.
She's called upon to investigate strange deaths in her village of Haven.

As the bodies start to pile up, one thing they all seem to have in common is they have had a recent tarot reading...past, present and the future..
Linda Strong
( This is second in a 3-book series)

DC Jennifer Wright, because of her psychic abilities, has been invited to join Operation Moonlight. Still a law enforcement agency, but the cases they investigate all have a supernatural theme.

The Raven is a man who gives tarot card readings to supposedly random strangers ... his predictions are always accurate and the victim winds up committing suicide .. with or without the Raven giving a hand.

The book is full of twists and turns with an ending I did not se
Lisa
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Wow what a great book by Caroline Mitchell a fabulous police procedural in the paranormal genre original i must say loved every minute of this book the characters were strong & believable & loved the premise of this as well.

DC Jennifer Knight investigates a series of murders she is looking into a tarot card reader known as The Raven

As the death toll rises Jennifer & her team build up a profile of a serial killer on the edge of sanity driven by the dark forces, but these murders are not random&
Ana

Originally posted on This Chick Reads

*Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

'Time to Die' is Caroline Mitchell's third novel, and second one in a series involving a psychic detective (Jennifer Knight) who solves crimes that involve a supernatural element. The first one in the series is 'Don't Turn Around' which I read this summer but haven't had the time to review yet due to my busy agenda. But I definitely enjoyed it and review will follow soon, that I ca
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club

Well... Where do I begin?!
Time To Die is my fourth read for Bookouture Thriller Week, which ends today! I've already read and loved Caroline's first DC Jennifer Knight book Don't Turn Around, my review of which you can read here!

About the book:

Don’t ever cross his palm with silver.

He will reveal your most shameful secrets.

He will predict your death.

He is hiding a secret.

He is hiding a monster.

And all his predictions come true.

Investigating a series of chilling murders, Detective Jennifer Knight
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
Review: TIME TO DIE by Caroline Mitchell

Second in the paranormal series featuring English Detective Constable Jennifer Knight as a sort of psychic detective. A member of the detachment known as Operation Moonlight, Jennifer's gifts are put on the line, and in danger, while simultaneously tensions among her immediate family are exploding. The villain here is one of the oldest I've ever encountered, and he kills by proxy, both factors adding to the intrigue. Additionally, the paranormal levels are
Noelle
My Prediction…I mean…My Review:

First and foremost I would like to thank Bookouture/Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.

I thought I would do my review with a slight twist (keep reading and you will see what I mean) — in keeping with the spirit/plot of this book — so bear with me.

I really enjoyed this book by Caroline Mitchell. I read the first book in the series: Don’t Turn Around and felt that the mash up of police procedural/thriller/crime
Joseph - Relax And Read Reviews
The Queen of Darkness is back, and she's back with a vengeance.

Caroline Mitchell's debut thriller 'Don't Turn Around' was a cracking, nail-biting supernatural thriller of which I still recall many details, but in my opinion with 'Time to Die' this author has truly surpassed herself and my expectations.

"My name is Raven. You asked for a reading..."

DC Jennifer Knight and her team are investigating a series of suspicious deaths linked to a mysterious tarot card reader known as 'The Raven'. Som
Jules
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, crime
Time to Die is a detective story with a paranormal aspect to it.

Frank was my favourite character in Don’t Turn Around. I was fascinated by him. So I was curious what intriguing character may feature in Time to Die. Needless to say, I was really pleased when I started to read about Bert, as he helped to feed my curiosity in a similar way to Frank in the previous novel.

The Raven, a tarot card reader who has the ability to know the pasts of those he is doing the reading for, and more frighteningly,
David Reviews
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

If you enjoyed Don't Turn Around by Caroline Mitchell, then you will most likely enjoy this second book in the Detective Jennifer Knight series even more. Time To Die is a brilliant, creepy and gripping read that touches on the paranormal but is easy to accept and thoroughly entertaining. I really enjoy this authors writing and in Jennifer Knight she has created a fantastic character that the reader can like and care about. I can highly recommend this excellent thriller to everyone who wants a c
Claire
Oh my giddy aunt, Time To Die.....what do I say??

I'm a crime story fan, have been for years so when I discovered Caroline Mitchell's Don't Turn Around earlier this year, I was a little unsure about adding the paranormal twist to my favourite genre. But DC Jennifer Knight is a fantastic character and has opened my mind and taken me into a new genre that I didn't think I would enjoy. But now I've read Time To Die, I'm sold.... I think Jennifer's second outing is better than her debut and I can no
Tracy Shephard
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bert and his Tarot readings are the main topic of the latest offering by the fantastic Caroline Mitchell.

We meet again DC Jennifer Knight and her sidekick Will. The sexual chemistry between these two characters is electric and the intense relationship does not disappoint the reader.

Time To Die is akin to Hitchcocks Psycho meets (Edgar Allan) Poe, and is gripping from page 1. Bert is The Raven, he knows things about people, and once these people have met him, their deaths are imminent and bloody.
Renita D'Silva
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing roller coaster of a book! Caroline Mitchell wowed me with her debut and this wonderful book is even better!I was hooked from the very first line and even as I was furiously turning the pages, I also did not want it to end, I was enjoying it so much. The Raven really is quite the perfect villain and I really admired how the author showed us inside his twisted mind. Love Operation Moonlight, am a huge fan of Will and absolutely admire Jen Knight. Cannot get enough of her and cannot ...more
Kimberly
3.5 stars.

This is the first novel I have read by author Caroline Mitchell, and overall I was very impressed. This is a stand-alone work, although it was preceded by DON"T TURN AROUND, also starring the character of DC Jennifer knight. Not having read that one yet, I can honestly say that I didn't feel any confusion--or that I was missing any vital information--whatsoever in TIME TO DIE.

Jennifer Knight and her partner, Will, work for the "Operation Moonlight" division--crimes that may involve the
Samantha Curtis
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well well well. A very interesting read for me. Not just a new author for me to try but i new genre to try. I have not really been into supernatural books but god this book as changed my mind.

After a series of killings around Haven detective Jennifer Knight gets called on the case. Turns out they are chasing a tarot card reading that are predicting peoples death as they dont deserve a second chance after doing something bad in the past.

The tarot card reader goes by the name *the raven* you know
Michelle
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The is one of the best crime novels I've read so far this year. This is the 2nd novel in the Detective Jennifer Knight series. I was a bit worried, as I've not read the first one but, I shouldn't have worried as it is a story in itself.

Detective Jennifer Knight starts investigating a serial killer called 'The Raven' who does Tarot readings to his victims. All his readings seem to come true or helped along... He always followed when he is acting out his crimes by Raven birds. This made the book f
Pamela
This was a pretty good police story with a paranormal twist. I liked the leads and thought Ms. Mitchell did a good job with the eerie feeling with Bert and the ravens etc. The characters were fully developed and the backgrounds brought forth.

I think the main reason that the rating isn't higher, for me, is that I've read all the Kay Hooper Bishop Series books and this was just too similar to them. Could just be the wrong book at this time for me although it was pretty good.

Janet Robel
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thing I enjoyed most about this book is that the identity of the killer is not hidden. This still made it all the more creepy and won me over. Very well written with a supernatural element added to the mix. I felt the use of tarot cards was quite clever and hope there will be future books along these lines by this author. This is worth the read if you love suspense filled novels.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Deadly Cry (DI Kim Stone #13)
  • House of Lies (DS Karen Hart #4)
  • The Killer's Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes, #2)
  • Don't Turn Back (DS Karen Hart, #3)
  • Last Light (Detective Lucy Harwin, #3)
  • Deadly Motive (DS Jack Mackinnon #2)
  • Killing Mind (D.I. Kim Stone #12)
  • One Left Alive (Detective Morgan Brookes, #1)
  • Three Little Pigs (DCI Kett #3)
  • Deadly Obsession (DS Jack Mackinnon #1)
  • Dying Breath (Detective Lucy Harwin, #2)
  • Deadly Revenge (DS Jack Mackinnon #3)
  • Paper Girls (DCI Kett, #1)
  • The Girls in the Lake (Beth Adams, #2)
  • Somebody’s Daughter (Detective Natalie Ward, #7)
  • Right Behind You (DCI Tom Douglas, #9)
  • Buried Angels (DI Lottie Parker #8)
  • The Missing Girls (DI Robyn Carter, #3)
USA Today and Global #1 Bestselling Thriller Author.

Caroline originates from Ireland and now lives with her family in a pretty village on the coast of Essex. A former police detective, Caroline has worked in CID and specialised in roles dealing with vulnerable victims, high-risk victims of domestic abuse, and serious sexual offences. She now writes full time.
Set in Shoreditch, London, her DS Ruby

Detective Jennifer Knight (3 books)
  • Don't Turn Around (Detective Jennifer Knight, #1)
  • The Silent Twin (Detective Jennifer Knight, #3)