Start by marking “Phoenix Afterlife” as Want to Read:
Phoenix Afterlife

Phoenix Afterlife

Neuroscientist Alice Kurz and her team have developed a technology that could lead to immortality. For Alice, it’s a chance to develop a cure for Alzheimer’s, the disease that destroyed her grandmother. Test subject Eliot Stearns knows nothing about this. He believes he’s part of a five-day isolation study, locked in the lab, his only contact with the rest of the world

Published October 12th 2015 by Niottu Books

To ask other readers questions about Phoenix Afterlife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phoenix Afterlife

Start your review of Phoenix Afterlife
Dani
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Science Fiction at its best! Totally blew my mind LOL...
Threasa
I won this book on goodreads, and I thank you very much. Mr. Leth has written a very good book. However, most of the technical information was over my head. You don't really have to understand it all to know what is going on in the book. I just hope that the experiments they do in the book aren't really feasible. It would be very scary if they were.
Andres Ramirez
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot recommend this book enough. It is incredibly smart and full of heart. The science fiction is mind blowing and so well conceived that it seems a definite possibility. Mr. Leth also undertook many wonderful subjects throughout the narrative such as conscience, morality, ethics, etc. This is definitely a book I will be re-reading.
Joseph Dubey
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good bookwhich brings up problems that future generations will have to think about. It has a very good story line which kept me enthralled. I espescially liked the ending.
J C Steel
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mesa Vista is an incubator for tech start-ups. Eliot Stearns, at a loss for two weeks from his normal job, applies to participate in a study at the Rocky Mountain Neurocybernetics Research Institute. After all, having nanobots create a map of his brain to further research into Alzheimer's and dementia cures sounds like a laudable cause, and solves his problem of two weeks of unpaid leave that he can't really afford. It isn't until he goes looking for a place to save some private files, and finds ...more
Jennie Rosenblum
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could have rated this 4.5 stars. While I find most Science Fiction to be unbelievable, I was pleasantly surprised by this first book by Leth. I enjoyed the challenge this book had on my thought process and at the same time was entertained by reading a well composed story. The fully developed characters and a story line that kept me intent on following along were a pleasant surprise. I can't wait to see what comes next from this author.
Linda W
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very intelligently written with a captivating story – I highly recommend this book.
The characters are interesting and well developed. The story addresses fascinating questions in a new light: Where does humanity begin and end? Where is the line between technology enhancing life versus replacing life? The author does a great job of balancing science, philosophy and an exciting story full of twists and turns.
Rissa
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was well-written and I truly liked the characters. The plot was well-thought out and executed. I wasn't expecting the plot twists. While the story is squarely in the science-fiction genre, it seems to be realistic and possible in the near future. I received this book through Goodreads giveaway.
Haley Rymel
Dec 04, 2015
Christian Riis
Oct 15, 2017
Judy Leth
Oct 17, 2015
Jenn
rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2019
Kathy Heare Watts
Nancy Jones

• The Truth About Magic
  • The Worst Christmas Ever
  • The Train to Impossible Places: A Cursed Delivery (A Train to impossible places, #1)
With two computer science degrees from MIT and over 30 years in engineering R&D, I try to keep the technical material in my fiction realistic -- or at least a plausible extension of what we know today.

I released my first novel, Phoenix Afterlife, in October 2015.

I am currently working on my second novel.