Start by marking “Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow: 12 Simple Principles” as Want to Read:
Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow: 12 Simple Principles

Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow: 12 Simple Principles

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  218 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
A finalist for the MS Society Books for a Better Life Award, "Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow" has sold nearly 70,000 copies in hardcover. The much-anticipated paperback edition comes with a new preface from Casey who continues to be an active participant in helping others heal through recovery.

"Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow" suggests that we have o
Published April 1st 2016 by Conari Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow

Jessica
Oct 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book for it's message, though I have found many that were more pleasurable in their read.

I know what I got from it, hopefully what I missed didn't happen to be more important.

But the messages were worth repeating:

"Gratitude is a choice"

"Love each other. If you can't love one another, at least do not hurt each other."

"Cultivate love and your experiences in life will be more loving"

They seem so common sense, but sometimes you have to see the words and have someone else stick them in fr
Keith Randolph Smith
It will make you want to have it with you at all times. Rational with a big dose of heart. Not full of mumble-jumble. Practical.
Shelby B
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was lovely. 100% recommended. This book talked about treating others with kindness and how to take care of yourself. And changing your mind for the better good. I enjoyed this read. All I wanted to do what read and not do anything else!!
Michelle
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book shows me once again how powerful our mind is, what a dangerous place it can be and what a healthy strong place it can be. The great news is it is all a choice. This books gives great ways on how to change your thinking and what will happen if you so choose. This book also points out that this choice is one that you will have to choose daily for your entire life. Our minds are amazing.
Annie Thornton
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this book! I think EVERYONE should read it! It's not so long as to drag on, nor is it in hard to understand terms. It's very simple and to the point and makes SO much sense! I highly recommend this book to everyone and I'm inspired to buy my own copy, as I read my dad's.
Liên Phương
Lí thuyết giáo điều, không có gì hấp dẫn.
Deitra
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the better books I've read on how to truly live life from a more joyful, peaceful perspective with many practical helps on how to do this. I give this one a major thumbs up!
Timothy Cameron
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT book! It helped me and what's more, it helped me help others! I used the concepts in this book for helping clients turn their lives around.
Rachel Halleck
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS A GOODREADS GIVEAWAY:

Overall I would give this book 3.5 stars. I read this book without knowing any of the author's history. Apparently, the author is a recovering alcoholic who was able to complete a PhD while in the depths of her addiction.

I think this book touches on a lot of good ideas but should be regarded as an introduction to the ideas rather than something that will be life changing on its own. The topics were brief and didn't offer many practical steps to actually accomplish
Janine Holter
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book offers everyday helpful ways to deal with one's personal negative thoughts about self and others. You don't need to be in recovery or have a loved one in recovery to appreciate and take this information to heart. What a release to know I have control of my thoughts and no one else, and likewise I have no control of others. If you are dealing with difficult relationships, be it a loved one or co worker. This is the book for you. If you want to feel more freedom and peace in your life. T ...more
Petrina
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This honestly was a really good read, and will be for anyone looking for more growth. Since I have already begun my spiritual journey, a lot of these concepts I was already familiar with. That being said, this book served as a great reminder for some of these concepts and reinforced them well. Also, I was introduced to fresh new perspectives on certain things in life. I found myself nodding along to new ideas and ones I thoroughly agree with.
Written in a simple and nonpretentious way, the author
Angela Coan
Even though this book is full of simple counsel, its advice is applicable to everyone. The target audience of this book is likely those who are seeking help through counseling, AA, or other support groups, but simple truths can help people with simple or complex problems, as well as those who are educated readers or those who rarely read. I think everyone can find improvement in their lives from reading this book.
Jane Dugger
I finally finished this book! I don't know why it took me so long. I am a serious lover of self-help books but - man - this one took me forever to get through. The topic was great, interesting, and I learned a few things but the writing and/or tone was not engaging in any way. I'd prefer to give it 2.5 stars but we all know we can't on Goodreads.
Andy Ford
As many self-help books do, this one made me angry and depressed. That's probably a sign that it's a good book. At least Ms Casey modifies things slightly and doesn't pretend it's easy to remake yourself.
Janet Williams
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've read in a very long time. I am excited to study and apply these 12 principles for a more peaceful life with my husband and children. Life's nuggets we all need to focus on and improve upon.
Mom
Jun 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is the 12 Principles on how to change "my" attitude. We cannot change other people or situations so it becomes necessary to learn how to react and this book gives us the tools! A must read more than once!
Katie
Feb 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book...it lets you think of why you do the things you do...if you are not happy with a situation fix it!
Very repetitive but sometimes that is what we need to have thoughts and goals sink in!
horace dudley jr.
Excellent

Easy principles to put into practice. East read. Goes along with any twelve step program. I would definitely recommend this.
Gheeta
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good reminder about how we should be trying to live our lives in more peaceful and peace-filled ways.
Salma
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot of platitudes. Some interesting concepts, but generally, more of the same of the usual self help/change your perspective genre.
Cara
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an unexpected powerhouse. It's empowering me to change how I interact in all my relationships. One that I will keep by my bedside and return to again and again.
E.A.
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
Simple read- similar to Pema Chodron's works but on a non-Buddhist level. Relatable and easy to read. Don't let the smallness of the book fool you though. It's packed with useful self help tips.
Tracy
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's a good starter book for people unfamiliar with this concept.
Rebecca Nolan
Nov 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title says it all... 12 simple principles to live by
Brenna Bonner
I have to put this down for a while- my spirit is just being very obstinate everytime I pick it up. Not sure if it's the book or me...?
Aug 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
There is some good advice, but I'm for expressing anger in a healthy way that solves problems, not for total anger suppression, which this book advocates.
LemontreeLime
I read this back in 2008? I think? It's not bad, but it is heavy on the twelve steps dogma. I enjoyed it then, but I don't think I will ever reread it.
Sue K H
I'm not big on self - help books but much of this resonated.
Ilene
If you are looking for serenity, you will find it in this book.
Wilma Rebstock
This little book is spot on as far as I can tell.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Way To Freedom
  • Embracing Your Inner Critic: Turning Self-Criticism into a Creative Asset
  • First Impressions: What You Don't Know about How Others See You
  • Instant Confidence
  • What Jefferson Read, Ike Watched, and Obama Tweeted: 200 Years of Popular Culture in the White House
  • Serpenti nel Paradiso
  • La pancia degli Italiani: Berlusconi spiegato ai posteri
  • Even Happier: A Gratitude Journal for Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment
  • The Act of Will
  • In Praise of Doubt: How to Have Convictions Without Becoming a Fanatic
  • Are You My Guru?: How Medicine, Meditation & Madonna Saved My Life
  • Hero Tales from American History
  • Quiet Mind: One Minute Retreats from a Busy World
  • Present Perfect: A Mindfulness Approach to Letting Go of Perfectionism and the Need for Control
  • Who's Buried in Grant's Tomb?: A Tour of Presidential Gravesites
  • Trusting Yourself: Growing Your Self-Awareness, Self-Confidence, and Self-Reliance
  • 10 Simple Solutions to Adult ADD: How to Overcome Chronic Distraction and Accomplish Your Goals
  • The Return of the Great Depression
Karen Casey, Ph.D., has spoken on spirituality, relationships, and personal growth for more than twenty years. She is the author of twenty books devoted to the enhancement of one's personal and spiritual journey.

Her first book, Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Women has sold more than three million copies. Casey is a popular public speaker on the spirituality conference circuit, an
More about Karen Casey

• Maude
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
  • God: A Story of Revelation
    $8.24 $1.99
  • The Pastor: A Memoir
  • Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health
    $14.95 $2.99
  • Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors: The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U.S. Navy's Finest Hour
  • Working with Emotional Intelligence
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis