Start by marking “The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)

The Darkest Pleasure

(Lords of the Underworld #3)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  44,992 ratings  ·  1,297 reviews
Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her—even defy the gods. Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published June 24th 2008 by HQN Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Pleasure, please sign up.
Krystle I don't think Danika qualifies as an innocent/virgin heroine either.

·  44,992 ratings  ·  1,297 reviews

Start your review of The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"He was dark, she was light. He was anguish, she was innocence. He was wrong for her in every way, and yet, when she looked at him, his entire world felt right."

Another great book from the LOTU series, finally we get Reyes's story and it was awesome :)))

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Danika is still on the run from the Lords, and now even from Hunters who are trying to capture her.
Aaeron's demon has taken over him and wants nothing else than to kill Danika's entire family, so Reyes and the other Lords have to keep him restra
The Darkest Pleasure takes place right after The Darkest Kiss (I didn’t re-read nor review the latter because I actually re-read that book not too long ago) and it’s book 3 in the Lord of The Underworld series.

This is one of my favorite instalments that, not only has likeable MCs but also introduces us to a few new characters that will play important roles in the future. It also gives us an inside on how the Titans operate and what Cronus really wants.

Reyes and Danika, as a couple, truly work i
Sophia Triad
Reyes: Demon of Pain
Butterfly: on his chest and neck
His curse: Pain, pain and then more pain. He connects cruelty with pain, sex with pain, enjoyment with pain. Any acts of cruelty by him are entirely linked with the gain of just more pain.

Danika Ford: Artist
Supernatural ability: She has a secret that not even she knows about it (view spoiler)

Demon Pain and Lord Reyes are Frenemies. Unfortunately the
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Hurt so good Stars

The first time I read The Darkest Pleasure I gave it 4 stars. I don't remember why it wasn't a 5 star read for me, but this time I loved it so much. So I am changing my rating to 5 stars. I loved that we got back to a couple I really liked, Danika and Reyes! I was a little annoyed with Paris and his bullshit about how much he needed a woman that hated him and wanted him dead. God the fact that he didn't pick to help his friends and almost picked a stupid bitch he didn't e
Exina
July 25, 2013

He was possessed by a demon, and yet he had the heart of an angel. The contradiction delighted her, and she suspected she could happily spend the rest of her life learning his nuances—and there would still be more to learn.

The Darkest Pleasure is the third book of the Lords of the Underworld series, the story of Reyes, Keeper of Pain, and Danika Ford, a human woman with an incomparable ability.

Danika first appears in book one, The Darkest Night, where Cron
Michelle
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
3.5-4 Cut Me Deep Stars!
This is the third book in the Lords of the Underworld PNR series. The story of Reyes and Danika.
Reyes has the pain demon inside of him. The only time he feels any kind of pleasure is when he hurts himself. That is until he meets Danika in book one.
Aeron the keeper of the wrath demon has been summoned by the king to kill Danika and her family. The brothers took matters in their own hand and locked Aeron up so he couldn't do as the king requested. This leaves Danika and he
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Although this series had a shaky start, I am really loving it. Heck, I'm a sucker for Greek mythology, so that helps. Throw in a tortured hero, and the battle's practically won. But, really, these are good stories, and I could tell that Gena Showalter is finding her groove. This series is much darker than her Atlantis series, and quite violent. But then, it's about Immortal, demon-possessed warriors. Comes with the territory. These books are also very steamy. Not too steamy, though.

Reyes was ve
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
I loved it!!!One of my favorite books!!There was a lot that I liked about this book!The plot,the characters and generally the world Genna creates.

In this book, we focus on Reyes and Danika.Reyes is the keeper of the Demon of Pain and Danika is on the run from Wrath who has been commanded by the Titans to kill Danika and the rest of her family.
Some hunters have kidnapped her and asked her to go to the Lords of Underworld and find information for them.

I loved so much Reyes!He wants to protect Dan
Eleni Ouzouni (Life is Art)

Όπως γνωρίζουμε και από τα προηγούμενα βιβλία της σειράς μια ομάδα αθάνατων πολεμιστών χιλιάδες χρόνια πριν έκλεψε το κουτί της Πανδώρας από την ίδια και τους θεούς και εξαπέλυσε το κακό στον κόσμο. Ως τιμωρία για την πράξη τους, οι θεοί ανάγκασαν κάθε πολεμιστή να «περιέχει» μέσα του ένα δαίμονα. Και κάπως έτσι, οι Άρχοντες του Κάτω Κόσ
Buggy
Jan 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Opening Line; "Reyes stood on the roof of the Budapest fortress, five stories up, his feet balanced precariously on the highest ledge."

THE DARKEST PLEASURE is book 3 in the fantastic and addictive Lords Of The Underworld Series and this time it's is all about Reyes, an immortal warrior cursed after opening Pandora's box and ever since bound to the demon of pain. We've been waiting since book 1 to see Reyes's unrequited love for Danika reach its foregone conclusion and Showalter doesn't disappoin
Felicia
Mar 12, 2009 rated it liked it
God, what to say. Guilty pleasure to the MAX? Naughty bits, interesting concept, a little too much dominating possessive male action, but...whatever. :) Tiring of the "hot immortal guys living together who start being picked off by understanding females one at a time for crazy # of sequels" books.
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Photobucket

THE BACK STORY

Long ago twelve immortals warriors made by Zeus, became jealous of Pandora she was chosen to guard a box. Inside that box housed some of the most dangerous demons ever known. The Immortals made a horrible mistake of killing Pandora and opening the box. As punishment for the evil they have unleashed each warrior was sentenced to carry one of those demons for all eternity. They are - Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets,
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jun 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
Deborah Obida
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can’t believe I just found out about this series, and its being around for like a decade now. Well its better late than never, cause this series is fast becoming one of my favourite.

This book is about Reyes, it made me realize how little I know about the warrior, I knew he was the keeper of pain and a masochist, I never knew he hated what he is, he hates that he has to cut himself to feel pleasure, not to mention throwing himself off rooftops cause that is the only way the demon will live him
Azet
This paranormal series have completely rocked my world.I am so awed and emotionally invested in these books that my mind becomes cloudy once i finished this book."The Darkest Pleasure" is the third book in the "Lords of the Underworld" series and follows the fierce runaway beauty Danika Ford and her dark irresistible captor Reyes who is possessed by the demon of Pain.Another adventure of blissful steamy romance between two soulmates who don`t want to crave each other.We met Reyes and Danika in t ...more
Corinne Michaels
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book blew me away. I loved Reyes and Danika (I was totally waiting for this one). I want to savor these books but they're so great, I can't help but devour them.

Onto the next one.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Darkest Pleasure is the third book in Showalter's scorching hot Lords of the Underworld series. This is my favorite of the series so far. Reyes, the keeper of the demon of Pain, is an extremely sexy warrior/hero. The heroine, Danika, wasn’t my favorite of the series, but I came to like her character better towards the later part of the book. Another great read in the fun, sexy, and steamy Lords of the Underworld series!
Anna
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"This means nothing."

"Less than nothing,” he lied.

"I’ll hate myself later.”

"I hate myself now.” She opened her mouth to reply, but he swooped in and swallowed the words.

Basically .......I loved the delicious burn of this book. I want to keep binge reading this series !!!!
Kathrynn
Tracy
Feb 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2010, reviewed
4 ½ stars

Darkest Pleasure quickly just became my favorite book of the Lords of the Underworld series thus far. While I liked the first two books and planned to finish the series sometime this year, after reading this book I will definitely read the next two books this month.

Why am I now dying to finish the series?

First, I felt like I got to know some of the other warriors much better. There was also more interplay between one another. With the Budapest group, you really see the bond that they s
Jen Davis
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Fans
There really is someone out there for everyone. Even an immortal warrior, who can only find pleasure in bone-wrenching pain. Reyes is one of the Lords of the Underworld. Each immortal carries within him a demon which escaped from hell. Reyes carries Pain, and longs to hurt himself and others. He cuts himself, breaks his own bones, whatever it takes to cause pain and soothe the beast inside of him.

We knew Danika was the woman for him back in The Darkest Night. But he resisted his feelings for her
Christel
Apr 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Gena Showalter fan
Shelves: gena-showalter
Okay, How do I review this one when not many people have it yet??? HMMMMM

Okay, this story has been played somewhat in the other books. It just delves deeper in this book. Reyes is the demon of Pain. He has got to hurt all the time to satisfy his demons needs. Danika has had nightmares since childhood, horrid nightmares. After she has them she paints what she has seen in her dreams.
Aeron, Keeper of Doubt, has been ordered by Cronus, King of the Titans to destroy Danika and all of her family.

This
Elle
Aug 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-angeldemon
★★★ 3 STARS!

This is the least favorite LOTU but have an interesting story. Pleasure. Yeah, sorry for my perv mind. It was supposed to be sexy and passionate. Unfortunately, it doesn't turn that way. Reyes was a bit masochist. To feed his demon, he needs inflicted pain to himself :(

Pros:
+ Danika is easily likable. She was a victim but she didn't appear like that. She's quite strong and smart.
+ Reyes was so protective over Danika. Such a caveman.
+ I enjoyed their journey. Of course, there are som
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Another great installment in the LOTU series! Reyes and Danika were a cute couple and I am glad they finally got together. Although Reyes isn'y my fave Lord he is still a great hero, I only put him under hero-i-want-to-hurt cos I know he will like it!

Apart from the Danika and Reyes parts I also liked the glimpses into Paris and Aeron's mind as well. My poor Paris! I can't wait to see how it plays out with him.
Nikoleta Katsiouli
OUAOUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Another great story....i have to say that's my favorite so far!!!
Gena ROCKSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4.5 STARS ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Laura..devouring books like crumpets

You Guessed it... this one is all about Reyes and PAIN......

I love how the story is progressing, more abilities beings and history is being unlocked slowly as the author unravels each warriors tale. I'm still not sure on Kronus is he a goody or a baddie???? or just one big grey area?

So Reyes finally catches up with Dannika only to find she has become the hunters pawn... (for reasons that end up becoming so fickle I cannot understand how she feels pulled in two directions). Dannika slowly falls f
Lady Heather
Oct 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was by far my favorite of the series...so far! The characters are becoming more developed as the each story unwinds and as 'they' (the Lords) have a mission to find all the artifacts and/or Pandora's box.
Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Pleasure (LOTU #3) 4 70 Feb 13, 2020 02:53AM
Creative Reviews: The Darkest Pleasure, Lords of the Underworld 1 9 Jun 11, 2012 05:54PM

• Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #14)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #10)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Fantasy Lover (Hunter Legends Series #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #12; The Dacians, #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #11)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of over seventy books, including the acclaimed Lords of the Underworld series, the Gods of War series, the White Rabbit Chronicles, and the Forest of Good and Evil series. She writes sizzling paranormal romance, heartwarming contemporary romance, and unputdownable young adult novels, and lives in Oklahoma City with her family an ...more

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld #10)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)