Start by marking “The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)

The Darkest Pleasure

(Lords of the Underworld #3)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  41,913 ratings  ·  1,234 reviews
Reyes is a man possessed. Bound by the demon of pain, he is forbidden to know pleasure. Yet he craves a mortal woman, Danika Ford, more than breath and will do anything to claim her--even defy the gods.Danika is on the run. For months she's eluded the Lords of the Underworld, immortal warriors who won't rest until she and her family have been destroyed. But her dreams are ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published June 24th 2008 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Pleasure, please sign up.
Krystle I don't think Danika qualifies as an innocent/virgin heroine either.

·  41,913 ratings  ·  1,234 reviews

Ana O
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
My verdict-

By the beard of Zeus, this book was even better than The Darkest Kiss. I'm making Reyes the newest addition to my harem. I'll treat him well.

Long ago, twelve immortal warriors opened Pandora's box, unleashing the demons from inside. As punishment, the warriors were forced to house those demons inside themselves. Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and Wrath.

Reyes had once been a warrior, whose duty it was to protect the gods. H
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"He was dark, she was light. He was anguish, she was innocence. He was wrong for her in every way, and yet, when she looked at him, his entire world felt right."

Another great book from the LOTU series, finally we get Reyes's story and it was awesome :)))

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Danika is still on the run from the Lords, and now even from Hunters who are trying to capture her.
Aaeron's demon has taken over him and wants nothing else than to kill Danika's entire family, so Reyes and the other Lords have to keep him restra
Sophia Triad
Reyes: Demon of Pain
Butterfly: on his chest and neck
His curse: Pain, pain and then more pain. He connects cruelty with pain, sex with pain, enjoyment with pain. Any acts of cruelty by him are entirely linked with the gain of just more pain.

Danika Ford: Artist
Supernatural ability: She has a secret that not even she knows about it (view spoiler)

Demon Pain and Lord Reyes are Frenemies. Unfortunately the
The Darkest Pleasure takes place right after The Darkest Kiss (I didn’t re-read nor review the latter because I actually re-read that book not too long ago) and it’s book 3 in the Lord of The Underworld series.

This is one of my favorite instalments that, not only has likeable MCs but also introduces us to a few new characters that will play important roles in the future. It also gives us an inside on how the Titans operate and what Cronus really wants.

Reyes and Danika, as a couple, truly work i
Μaria Vrisanaki
Συνεχίζω να λατρεύω την ιστορία αλλα το σχήμα Ρεγιες-Ντανικα δεν με ξετρελανε όσο το Λούσιεν-Άνια
Αγάπημενος Άρχοντας μέχρι στιγμής, ο Πάρις!!!! 💖💖
Ακολουθεί ο Λούσιεν 😍
Michelle
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
3.5-4 Cut Me Deep Stars!
This is the third book in the Lords of the Underworld PNR series. The story of Reyes and Danika.
Reyes has the pain demon inside of him. The only time he feels any kind of pleasure is when he hurts himself. That is until he meets Danika in book one.
Aeron the keeper of the wrath demon has been summoned by the king to kill Danika and her family. The brothers took matters in their own hand and locked Aeron up so he couldn't do as the king requested. This leaves Danika and he
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Although this series had a shaky start, I am really loving it. Heck, I'm a sucker for Greek mythology, so that helps. Throw in a tortured hero, and the battle's practically won. But, really, these are good stories, and I could tell that Gena Showalter is finding her groove. This series is much darker than her Atlantis series, and quite violent. But then, it's about Immortal, demon-possessed warriors. Comes with the territory. These books are also very steamy. Not too steamy, though.

Reyes was ve
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I loved it!!!One of my favorite books!!There was a lot that I liked about this book!The plot,the characters and generally the world Genna creates.

In this book, we focus on Reyes and Danika.Reyes is the keeper of the Demon of Pain and Danika is on the run from Wrath who has been commanded by the Titans to kill Danika and the rest of her family.
Some hunters have kidnapped her and asked her to go to the Lords of Underworld and find information for them.

I loved so much Reyes!He wants to protect Dan
Exina
July 25, 2013

He was possessed by a demon, and yet he had the heart of an angel. The contradiction delighted her, and she suspected she could happily spend the rest of her life learning his nuances—and there would still be more to learn.

The Darkest Pleasure is the third book of the Lords of the Underworld series, the story of Reyes, Keeper of Pain, and Danika Ford, a human woman with an incomparable ability.

Danika appears at first in book one, The Darkest Night, where Cronus comm
Eleni Ouzouni
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it

Όπως γνωρίζουμε και από τα προηγούμενα βιβλία της σειράς μια ομάδα αθάνατων πολεμιστών χιλιάδες χρόνια πριν έκλεψε το κουτί της Πανδώρας από την ίδια και τους θεούς και εξαπέλυσε το κακό στον κόσμο. Ως τιμωρία για την πράξη τους, οι θεοί ανάγκασαν κάθε πολεμιστή να «περιέχει» μέσα του ένα δαίμονα. Και κάπως έτσι, οι Άρχοντες του Κάτω Κόσ
Buggy
Jan 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Opening Line; "Reyes stood on the roof of the Budapest fortress, five stories up, his feet balanced precariously on the highest ledge."

THE DARKEST PLEASURE is book 3 in the fantastic and addictive Lords Of The Underworld Series and this time it's is all about Reyes, an immortal warrior cursed after opening Pandora's box and ever since bound to the demon of pain. We've been waiting since book 1 to see Reyes's unrequited love for Danika reach its foregone conclusion and Showalter doesn't disappoin
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Photobucket

THE BACK STORY

Long ago twelve immortals warriors made by Zeus, became jealous of Pandora she was chosen to guard a box. Inside that box housed some of the most dangerous demons ever known. The Immortals made a horrible mistake of killing Pandora and opening the box. As punishment for the evil they have unleashed each warrior was sentenced to carry one of those demons for all eternity. They are - Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and W
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jun 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads
Felicia
Mar 12, 2009 rated it liked it
God, what to say. Guilty pleasure to the MAX? Naughty bits, interesting concept, a little too much dominating possessive male action, but...whatever. :) Tiring of the "hot immortal guys living together who start being picked off by understanding females one at a time for crazy # of sequels" books.
Deborah Obida
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can’t believe I just found out about this series, and its being around for like a decade now. Well its better late than never, cause this series is fast becoming one of my favourite.

This book is about Reyes, it made me realize how little I know about the warrior, I knew he was the keeper of pain and a masochist, I never knew he hated what he is, he hates that he has to cut himself to feel pleasure, not to mention throwing himself off rooftops cause that is the only way the demon will live him
Gamze
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seride şuana kadar okuduğum en iyi kitaptı diyemem belki. Çünkü ilk kitabın yeri bende ayrı :D
Ama serideki şimdiye kadar okuduğum en iyi erkek karakterdi.
Tüm kitap boyunca acısı resmen acım oldu. :D
Diğer karakterler açısından da iyi bir kitaptı açıkçası.
Bu kitapla birlikte Paris ve Sabin'e olan merakım çok daha fazla arttı. :)
Ah Paris.. Son dakikaya kadar ne yapacak diye düşünürken resmen ters köşe yaptı. iyiki de yaptı..
Ama hala daha deli gibi merak ettiğim sadece Torin.
Λίνα Θωμάρεη
Ω! Θεοί!!! Τι ιστορία ήταν αυτή???

Αυτή η σειρά όσο πάει και καλυτερεύει...

Η ιστορία του Πόνου ίσως είναι η πιο ωμή και σκληρή ιστορία των Αρχόντων και η πιο περιπετειώδες... Τόσο οι μάχες σώμα με σώμα όσο και το μυστήριο που τυλίγεται γύρω από την Ντανίκα κάνουν την ανάγνωση ακόμα πιο ενδιαφέρουσα.

4 αστέρια χαραγμένα στο στέρνο σου Πόνε !!!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Corinne Michaels
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book blew me away. I loved Reyes and Danika (I was totally waiting for this one). I want to savor these books but they're so great, I can't help but devour them.

Onto the next one.
Sedef Tekiner
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
USTAM ÇEK ORADAN 1,5 ACILI 😈😈
Tehditkar kelebek; bu iki kelime yan yana gelince ancak tek bir adamı tarif edebilirdi. Reyes'i.

Kitap, okuduklarım içinde serinin en sevdiğim kitabı olurken Reyes boncuğum da bütün iblisler arasında 2. favorim oldu. Evet, birincisi TORIN 💗💗 Kim ulan bu Reyes derseniz, 'Acı'ların savaşçısı, sadık aşık ve fedakar sevgili... Danika'yı da seviyorum. Kimyanız on numara beş yıldız bebeklerim 👌👌
''Sadece senin bilmeni istedim. Ciddi olarak birkaç çocukla çıktım.''
''Onları
Kübra  Yağmur Aslanhan
Her yere adını kazımak istiyorum REYESSSSS.
Ama öyle böyle değil kanlı kanlı, acılı acılı. Tam senin seveceğim gibi.

Ya Rabbim! Adamın o kendi kendine -Danika tarafından yakalandığı sahnede olan yok mu, işte o- yaptıklarını okurken yandım, bittim, eridim. O nasıl sahnelerdi öyle. Tabii ilk birleşmeleri de bir o kadar harikaydı.
Kan görünce ağzının suyu akan ben bu kitaba aşık oldum. Reyes'in kendine her zarar verişine, her kıvranışına vuruldum. Şu ana kadar okuduğum erkekler arasında bir numara old
Anna
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"This means nothing."

"Less than nothing,” he lied.

"I’ll hate myself later.”

"I hate myself now.” She opened her mouth to reply, but he swooped in and swallowed the words.

Basically .......I loved the delicious burn of this book. I want to keep binge reading this series !!!!
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

Darkest Pleasure is the third book in Showalter's scorching hot Lords of the Underworld series. This is my favorite of the series so far. Reyes, the keeper of the demon of Pain, is an extremely sexy warrior/hero. The heroine, Danika, wasn’t my favorite of the series, but I came to like her character better towards the later part of the book. Another great read in the fun, sexy, and steamy Lords of the Underworld series!
Gökçe
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bu seriye bayılıyorum !!!
4.5

description
Nikoleta
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, romance
5 αστερακια και για το περιεχομενο και για το φοβερο εξωφυλλο...
Carla Bulian
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,3
Kathrynn
Tracy
Feb 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Darkest Pleasure quickly just became my favorite book of the Lords of the Underworld series thus far. While I liked the first two books and planned to finish the series sometime this year, after reading this book I will definitely read the next two books this month.

Why am I now dying to finish the series?

First, I felt like I got to know some of the other warriors much better. There was also more interplay between one another. With the Budapest group, you really see the bond that they sh
Filiz
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Serinin şimdiye kadar okuduğum en iyi kitabıydı. Melankolik serseri Reyes 🖤Ben sevmem öyle ajitasyonu yüksek karakter ama adamın acısına oturup saygı duydum çünkü aşırı mantıklıydı. Bağrını açıp Budapeşte merkezin tamamına kaslarını göstererek klip çektiği üzünçlü sahnelerle manasız manasız dolanmadı ortalarda.
Hatta acısından dolayı sevdiceğine zarar vermemek uğruna yitip giden libidosunun arkasından inşaat izleyen dayı gibi baktı garibim ve banyo köşelerinde yakalandı filan ama yıkılmadı 😅

Dani
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Pleasure (LOTU #3) 3 62 Mar 29, 2019 05:55AM
Creative Reviews: The Darkest Pleasure, Lords of the Underworld 1 9 Jun 12, 2012 01:54AM
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3)
  • Blood Hunt (Sentinel Wars, #5)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1, Lords of the Underworld #9.25)
  • Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark, #2, Lords of the Underworld #9.5)
“Legion hissed like a startled cat, the noise scraping at Reyes’s skin. “Me no boy. You think me a boy?”
Everyone stopped, stared. Even Aeron.
Reyes was the first to find his voice. “You’re a…girl?”
A nod. “Me pretty.”
“Yes, you are.” Reyes exchanged a glance with Lucien. “Beautiful.”
133 likes
“Yep, that's me. I know. I know. You're humbled I'm here, feel like throwing rose petals at my feet, blah, blah, blah. No need, though. Just try and think of me as a normal guy
-William”