Start by marking “Fruits Basket, Tome 6” as Want to Read:
Fruits Basket, Tome 6

Fruits Basket, Tome 6

(Fruits Basket #6)

La saison des pluies vient de débuter et bizarement, Kyo se sent de plus en plus mal. En même temps, un nouveau membre de la famille Soma se présente à Tohru. Il s'agit de Kazuma, le maitre en arts martiaux de Kyo. C'est sous sa direction, que le jeune garcon s'était entrainé dans la montagne. Mais Kazuma est venu aujourd'hui avec une intention bien précise. Aprés avoir re ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 190 pages
Published July 15th 2003 by Delcourt (first published August 18th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Fruits Basket, Tome 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fruits Basket, Tome 6

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Kyo and Yuki... I still haven’t decided which one of them I like more. As a teen I loved Kyo but I also couldn’t get enough of Yuki. As an adult it’s still the same. *lol* I really wonder if Tohru will be able to choose one of them. XD

Highlights of this volume:

”If I’m going to lose her anyway, I’ll make it so bad, I’ll hurt her so much that it couldn’t possibly hurt any more! I’ll make it so bad that she’ll never feel sorry for me again. That she’ll never want to come back.”

Awww Kyo!!! This wa
Sarah Churchill
Well that was... weird. Things took a really strange turn, way different from the rest of the story so far, and it was GREAT! Loved it. Then everything just kind of went back to normal. This is such a strange series!
Aya Hamza
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is my favorite installment so far! ❤ ...more
Ferdy

Another fun read, it was good getting to know more about Kyo and his past. His relationship with his sensai/adopted dad was really sweet and cute as well. I really wish Kyo would wake up to his feelings about Tohru though, it was so obvious he had a huge crush on her.
Bethany Pratt
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was honestly the best manga I have ever read. It was so emotional and had so much meaning behind it, taking a serious turn. I honestly loved how they revealed more about Kyo's past and how the relationships in the book grew larger.
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Holy. Fricking. Fudgeballs.
Natsuki Takaya has a way of violently ripping your heart out and letting you almost bleed to death...and then kindly putting it back and helping you to your feet, like nothing ever happened.
Rain Misoa
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!! WHO ELSE WILL I RECOMMEND IT TO!?
Recommended to Rain by: Nicole Terazue
Shelves: manga
Five stars... did you expect anything less? Especially in this volume? Man... this volume was very, very, VERY hard to get through. It was extremely sad... you wouldn't think it because of the cover but it's true! The cover is a bit misleading. (Don't get me wrong. I love Momiji! He's so adorable but with what happens within the volume... yeah... you'll be like, "How can something so horrible be inside something so cute!?") It's THAT depressing. Sure, it has a great ending... BUT THAT DOESN'T MA ...more
Victoria
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the fact that this issue focused more on the relationship and backstory of Yuki and Kyo. It explains a lot as to why they behave the way they do and why they have some insecurities. As always, there were moments that were really funny and helped to lighten the mood.
Mary ♥
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 stars

And in this volume, we saw the HUGE revalation about a character... The anime had more heartbreaking scenes and I preferred it more than the manga in this case but how can you not love both? Also, Ayame's shop...This person is so weird xD
Delirious Disquisitions
My baby! My heart bleeds for Kyou. I loved everything about this volume! From the mystery reveal to learning more about Kyou's painful past. His relationship with his adopted father was especially heart tugging! Onto volume 7!

This volume covers chapters 31-36. 4.5 stars
Bridget
Andrea
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read, reread
This volume had a lot going on!! First of all, Kyo's master came to town and he had a test for Kyo. One that involved Tohru! We also learn about his past and how his mother isolated him from everyone. After her death(suicide?), Kazuma adopted him and brought him to the dojo. There were so many feels in this one, OMG so many!!!!!!!! Like I'm 200% Kyo x Tohru. Sorry not sorry. The curse isn't quite mentioned in this one, but there is an addition to it for Kyo since he is the cat which is explained ...more
Collin
Aug 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga
i love Fruits Basket because it's that story where a girl comes into a boy's/two boys' lives and changes them for the better but where the boys would turn into a-holes and keep treating her like crap in other stories, Kyo and Yuki are just increasingly lovelorn idiots who would do anything for Tohru and routinely look at her like she's their moon and stars and while you could nitpick and say there's like, a little bit of sexism inherent in this treatment it's just! so! cute! and! good! they ador ...more
Merb
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🐰 This volume is Momiji! 🐰

Please help me... how does one recover from volume 6 of Fruits Basket? How do you cleanse yourself of the emotional overlode? Or do you just carry this emotional baggage along with you everywhere you go? Well its been eight years since I first read it and I would say that I haven't put this suit case of emotion down since.

Why is this such an emotional volume? Well I could type it out and spoil it for you, or you know, you could just maybe, possibly, perhaps just read i
Jenna | Silver Spines
5 stars

I'm CRYING LIKE A BABY PLEASE HELP ME. So far, this is my favourite volume, I'm so obsessed with it.

This volume is primarily about Kyou and it was the best thing ever. In my previous review, I commented on how I wanted to see more of his character and the author delivered on every possible level: there was character development, backstory development, relationship development and all of that is less than 200 hundred pages. Genius.

I've realised that I do ship Tohru and Yuki a bit more th
Kassidy
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can officially say that this book is my favorite in the series so far. I can see the artwork improving, same with the characters Relationships with each other. Im glad that this book shares the deep thoughts of the characters and their greatest fears.
delaney
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Ah the part where the old anime stops at: Kyo's true form. Also, it is getting darker and I am loving it protect all these characters!!
katelyn
Aug 14, 2013
Sophia F
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, humor
WARNING; SPOILERS, (Not itty-bitty ones, but BIG ones!)
As Kyou is in a horrible mood, (blamed on the rain), his beloved Shishou appeared to visit Kyou, (his master who trained him in the mountains etc.)
Shockingly, Shishou was talking to Kyou, (and was getting into a little bit of personal details), and Kyou transformed into an unbelievable beast, (with Tohru standing behind him.)
That whole scene kind of came out of nowhere, because although there were soft touches of hints every once in a while
Sabrina
Sep 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERIES!!!It's about a poor girl (Tohru) Gets taken in by the Sohma family. which the Sohma family has vengeful Chinese zodiac animal posses they Sohma family. ( they can be there selfs it's not like the spirits are controlling them) but every time they are touched by the opposite gender they turn into the zodiac animals. Shigure, turns into a dog (again they have control of their selves not the spirits) Kyo turn into a cat and something else but he keeps that a secret, and ...more
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
This volume felt like it was out of order to me, since the storyline follows a different order in the anime. It seemed like there was a lot of action in the beginning, and then the action sort of fizzled out in the following chapters. It was also very serious and dark in the beginning, and lighthearted and silly at the end, which felt backwards.

I just adore Kyo! He has so much rage, and we finally find out some of his secrets in this volume. He starts to find out that in order to heal, sometimes
Emma
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Yep! I have to say, this was my favorite out of all the volumes so far. I was a little hesitant about reading this volume after watching the anime. ( A little advise: NEVER judge a series based on the anime. There's always going to be stuff from the book left out and the stories don't generally go in the same order. Which is probably why it's better to read the books first if you want the real story.)
Needless to say, I was worried for nothing, I LOVED how the author executed the scenes between
Lanie
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love manga, romance, and urban fantasy
I almost cried! :'( so sad and beautiful. Damn you wonderful, perfect book.

The backstory and character development we see here for Kyo is absolutely brilliant. Seriously. No fucking wonder this poor boy is always so angry! :'(

& the last chapter or so with Yuki and his older brother? Also perfect.

This book is this weirdly perfect mix of absolutely heartbreaking, hilarity, and Sweetness. I'd absolutely recommend it to fans of manga, romance, and urban fantasy.

My only complaint is kagura. I
Amanda
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one really launched the story for me. And I truly believe in the 5 star rating. I may need to go back and readjust the other ratings. I was entertained by all of them but wasn’t blown away until I got to this one. I completely forgot what happened in the volume and it was so touching and intense. I love it so much.
Cath
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5
Gahhh this one has all the feels in it. Kyo my darling *heart eyes*
Roser
OMG the cat is intense
Ariana
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite thus far :')
Pato Myers
A quick and enjoyable read.
Stephanie
Jul 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Kyo and his dad Shishou make me cry errytiem
Kelly
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man, this volume always makes me cry! It is so sweet, so heartbreaking... just-- *Sob!* And yet it has the cutest cover... Let's put happy-go-lucky Momiji on the cover of some of the most strenuous character development ever! Ah well, it all balances it out right?

Anyway, I truly love how this volume goes into Kyo's backstory, or at least a significant part of it, and the dark side of his particular branch of the curse. It really does a wonderful job of showing why Kyo is the way he is, althou
  • Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 19 (Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, #19)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 5 (Alice 19th, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 6
  • Chobits, Vol. 8
Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月 Takaya Natsuki, real name Naka Hatake) is the penname of a Japanese manga artist best-known for creating the series Fruits Basket. She was born on July 7, 1973; (Tanabata). Takaya is left-handed and once revealed that she wanted to be a mangaka since first grade, when her sister started drawing.

She was born in Shizuoka, Japan, but was raised in Tokyo, where she made her debu

Fruits Basket (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 1
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 9
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 10
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 11
“Sometimes...I just want to run away from it all” 12 likes
“For every child who wants to be accepted wholly and loved unconditionally, there are others who simply want to be accepted for who they are, even if they receive only a fraction of love. I don't think one cancels out the other. I don't believe that there is any right or wrong... we simply coexist.” 8 likes