Start by marking “Changing Roles” as Want to Read:

4.66  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Kate Summers's career on the Police Force came to an implosive end when she was outed as a noted Domme. She now subsists at the fringes, scraping by as she feeds off the misery of others. Catching cheating spouses for divorce lawyers has become her paycheck, and a case brought by the woman who destroyed her career will bring many challenges. To follow the leads and solve a ...more
ebook, 1st, 415 pages
Published March 15th 2016 by Loose-ID

To ask other readers questions about Changing Roles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Roles

Pam Godwin
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Do you like tough heroines? Intelligently written BDSM? Complicated alphas? Plots that spin your brain? If so, don’t pass up this book.

Ellie Masters has unleashed a sexy debut novel that provokes and shakes with a sharp examination of kink woven through a twisty storyline. The plucky Kate Summers can take on the world in her Mistress white leather. But how will she maintain her hard edge when her role changes?

This is smart erotic romance with captivating prose and a hearty helping of suspense. B
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! I could swear this book was written by a NY Times best selling author and not by a first time author. This book was so well written that once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down.

The characters were so well planned out. The story flowed perfectly and ended with a kick!

Will definitely keep this author on my one click list!!! Great job Ellie!!!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review
Kate loved her job as a cop. She was one of the best. She also thrived in the kinky lifestyle as a dominant. When her private life is exposed as deviant and disgusting, this rising star because a shooting star. Kate is not a phoenix who rises out of flames reborn. She is now barely surviving as a private investigator. She has also run far away from the lifestyle because of all the trouble it has brought her. When she is offered a chance to cover her bills and work on an investigation with the p
Jennifer Guffey
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
By: Ellie Masters
5/5 stars

First the author does an extremely good job of outlining the fact that this book is fictional and how to actually pursue BDSM if the reader is inexperienced. She points out that this is an accelerated timeline and that relationship that ensues between the characters takes months to build, not the week that characters do it in. The author is knowledgeable in the “safe, sane and consensual” rule that guides BDSM.

This is a debut book, but it absolutely does
Lynne Hughes
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
changing roles

asbestos underwear recommended!

Kate is a Domme in the true sense of the word. As Mistress of Pain, her whip-and her words can bring any slave to the most intense orgasm of his life. Except there's one crucial difference. Kate gets no sexual pleasure for herself from her "scenes"
She thinks of Domination as her therapy. Sexually, her tastes lean in other directions. Down roads she can never allow herself to travel.
Until she meets Jake. a Dom unwillin and unabkle to submit to Kate's w
Carol Delmornay
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The intricacies of the plots contained within this storyline are exciting.

I was immediately taken with Kate Summers, a former detective whose career was ruined by Mayor Westmoreland and his wife Catherine after Catherine discovered Kate’s penchant for dominating men at night as the Mistress of Pain at a club called Stripes---leaving her no alternative than to become a private investigator and open a fledging agency when she was forced out job she loved.
When the Mayor and his wife come to beg K
Books 2 Blog
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book!!!! Freaking Wow! As an introduction to Ellie Master's writing, Changing Roles is a brilliant and somewhat intense insight into the world of BDSM. While I have read several books in this genre, this was a well written, knockout story unlike any I have read before and I floved it!! Changing Roles was not just about the kink, there is an actual story and what a suspense-driven, thrilling story it is. Total Win!

A tragic and devastating past transforms Kate into a force to be reckoned with
Leah
10 STAR WORTHY

I could only give 5 stars but Changing Roles deserves 10 stars! I Am constantly asked what my all time favorite book is. Until now my answer has always been the same. "There are to many I love to pick just one!" I love and read all genres of books. I'm what I call a bookaholic! I can now truly say that Changing Roles is my all time favorite! I have been an avid reader for over 38 years!

Leah
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Ellie Masters has a smooth and unique writing style that is all her own! She captivated my attention and imagin
Monique Machuca-Austin
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AN AMAZING DEBUT NOVEL FROM ELLIE MASTERS…A DARK, TWISTED, EROTIC, AND SUSPENSEFUL!

FIVE-STARS!
Dark and twisted… Ellie Masters’ CHANGING ROLES was not only erotic with a mastery of passion of pain to pleasure of one’s body, but emotion too.

“Submission beckoned from the darkest corners of my mind. You think it’s so damn easy to switch? He stopped me with a finger to my chin. No, but you will…because you’re so damn strong.”

Kate Summers was a homicide detective with a secret life as a dominatrix,
Rough Draft Book Blog
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Changing Roles by Ellie Masters
Jake & Kate
PRETTY GOOD
4 Stars

Well peeps, this is Ellie's debut book, but you'd never know it. It reads like she's been writing for years. It's dark, it's gritty, and it's full of so much suspense it'll make your head spin. It has a tough heroine, a sexy alpha, and a plot thick with suspicion. What more could you ask for.

Jake Davenport can be my master any day. He's part owner in the exclusive BDSM club Stripes and he's completely taken with Kate, a.k.a. The Mis
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Most likely, if you are like me, you have read Fifty Shades of Gray or something similar and enjoyed them for what they were. Consider them kindergarten compared to Changing Roles, this book has much more kink and a great story to go with it. Imagine if Fifty Shades and Law and Order had a book baby, this would be it.

Kate was once a submissive to a man who took things way to far. Since then she has mastered being one of the best Dommes there is. This talent also got her kicked off of the Police
Barbara
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If I hadn't of know ahead of time, I never would have suspected this was the author’s first book. It was very written (not that new author’s can’t write) but often new authors haven’t mastered a personal style that keeps readers glued to the pages. Ms. Masters “Changing Roles” will definitely hold your attention and keep you turning the pages.

Kate Summers was a homicide detective with a secret life as a dominatrix known as The Mistress of Pain. She was good at both aspects of her life and took t
Rachel
Well, I was super excited to get this book. I saw teasers and excerpts posted by Ellie Masters and I commented on how I couldn't wait!
What a debut novel. First off, the author gives you all sorts of information since she knows there will be haters because there are triggers.
She tells you exactly what to expect and how to interpret, and if you're seriously looking to get into the kink lifestyle how you should go about it.
With that said, let's delve in, shall we?
The characters are great. I love th
Suzanne
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW WOW WOW!!!! What a fabulous debut book!! Definitely not for the weak, it does have some triggers, so if that’s you, you may want to step away. For those of you who like a good crime mystery and naughty fun with suspense, darkness and edge, this is for you!
Enter Kate, Mistress of Pain and Detective extraordinaire. Unfortunately she is asked by the people who ruined her stellar cop career to track down their daughter’s murderer. In order for her to do that, she must submit herself to an entir
Shea
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a story that has strong elements of BDSM. If you are uncomfortable with BDSM or dark romances, then this story is not for you. But if you enjoy stories about strong, sexy women with secrets who know how to hold their own and aren't afraid to speak their mind like Kate Summers, along with a sexy alpha male, who is a little complicated, but knows what he wants and goes after it like Jake Davenport, while wrapped up in a story that is intelligently written about BDSM that also includes plot ...more
She's a Lip Biter
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you like strong heroines, alpha males, twists and turn that make your head and heart spin and erotica so hot it makes your panties melt then this book is definitely for you. I didn't realize this book was the authors debut book at first and once I found that out I was even more surprised at amazing it was.

Ellie did an amazing job of mixing multiple plot lines seamlessly in this book. Her knowledge and well written BDSM scenes were some of the best I've ever read. While the book does have som
Eileen Janette
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book of the year!!!! 10 stars

I loved, loved, loved this amazing story. From the first paragraph to the end. This book is nothing you have ever read before!!! Kate is definitely my new heroine and Jake my new book dark boyfriend. This is by far one of the darkest, steaming, smartest and messed up stories I have ever read. Each chapter entwined me in it's spell, and I found myself begging my eyes to stay open for at least another chapter, even tho it was really late at night . I just couldn't put
Nathalie Pinette
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG! The power of the words written in this book will have you reading until you put it down! You will feel the connection of the characters and the turmoil they go through!
Kate Summers is a force to be reckon with! The need for control in her life will have you keep reading once the infamous Jake Davenport walks into her life. The struggle to give up some of her control is a battle!
You won't believe the way this book ends and will leave you with a bit of a hangover but the good kind. Kinda li
Andrew Hess
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever have a book that you read the synopsis and were so curious about the book you couldn't wait to read it? That's how I felt about Changing Roles. From the teasers and synopsis, I was hooked and desperately wanted to read the book. I can honestly say, I had high expectations for this book, and had each one filled and then some.

The characters were well thought out and could feel their emotions as you read the story. You could sense the apprehension in Kate, hating the thought of trusting
Tammy Burch
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book!

Changing Roles was a fantastic read! It had a plot line different then what I've ever read. It spun many different stories in one book. The story of a Mistress and her past issues causing her to turn into something she thought she needed to be for happiness. The story of a Dom who finds the love of his life and the challenge of his life. Oh and let's not forget a little murder mystery thrown in there to make it really exciting! Congratulations Ellie on your first debut novel. Well d
Maxine
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would never have guessed that this was written by a debut author.
This book has got a gripping storyline with lots of BDSM, there are so many twists and turns that you have to keep reading.
Kate is known as the mistress of pain in her white leather outfit, but how will she cope when she has to change roles and become the submissive to Jake Davenport.
This book deserves to be read and enjoyed!
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a debut novel. This book is amazing. I was wrapped up into this story from the very beginning. If you like reading about BDSM, complicated alphas, tough heroines, and well written plots, then this is the book for you. I cannot congratulate Ellie enough for such a fantastic first book. I will definitely have this author on my all time favourites list for 1 clicking. Cannot wait for the next novel to be released.
LaGina
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so glad when this book was able to pull me in within a couple of pages. The read flow was so smooth it felt like I was drinking a fine wine. I could connect with the characters and it made the read some much more enjoyable. With the combo of kidnapping, love, murder and hot alphas this is a read page turner.
Colleen
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh I just finished this one!! It's one hell of a ride!! It's Scorchingly hot with twists and turns that will suck you in as your mind screams "OMG, WTH and Holy Shit, No Way!"

Full review to come later!
Jenny Shepherd
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I was drawn into this book within the first few pages. I couldn't put it down. You have alphas, murder, love & kidnapping all, and the oh so hot alpha dom Jake! Amazing book you will enjoy with every page. You won't be disappointed! Phenomenol!
Somer Grey
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hot and Sexy.. A true page turner....
Linda
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Riveting.. Hot and so so good!
Wow.. This story had me from the get go. The thrill.. The suspense.. The cleverness of the storyline.. You find yourself drawn deep within the pages because you need to know if your suspicions are correct. And holy hell the sexual chemistry between the two main characters definitely brings the heat.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a story that's filled with excitement, thrills and scorching hotness. But I will also say there are some intense scenes
A.D. Herrick
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

Absolute love. From the first page to the very last! I couldn't get enough of this story!!! Absolute perfection! Murder, intrigue, kink, and love, a deadly combination that will keep you entranced.
Donna Parrott
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Warning: please do not read if you are sensitive to certain subjects. There may be a few triggers in this book. You have been warned.
Kate was once the leading Doms in the BDSM world, she just also happened to be a Police Detective. She was on the right track in both her feilds until a scaudal erupted in the underground world she needs. Kate is still the strong woman but now she is a private invesigator uncovering cheating husbands. Hey it pays her bills. Suddenly kaye finds herself in the middle
« previous 1 3 next »
ELLIE MASTERS is a multi-genre author, writing the stories she loves to read. These are dark erotic tales. Or maybe sweet contemporary stories. How about a romantic thriller to whet your appetite? Ellie writes it all. Want to read passionate poems and sensual secrets? She does that too. Dip into the eclectic mind of Ellie Masters, spend time exploring the sensual realm where she breathes life into ...more
More about Ellie Masters...