Start by marking “Nacho Figueras Presents: High Season” as Want to Read:
Nacho Figueras Presents: High Season

Nacho Figueras Presents: High Season (The Polo Season #1)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  270 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
World-renowned polo player and global face of Ralph Lauren, Nacho Figueras dives into the world of scandal and seduction with a new fiction series set in the glamorous, treacherous world of high-stakes polo competition.

Georgia never wanted to be a jetsetter. A plain old country vet was fine for her. But one distress call from her best friend and the next thing she knows sh
Published May 31st 2016 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Nacho Figueras Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nacho Figueras Presents

Julie
High Season by Jessica Whitman is a 2016 Forever Romance publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

While sports and romance always seem to go well together, I have to admit I would never have thought of centering a romance novel around the sport of Polo. I know absolutely nothing about the sport, except it is played while riding a horse, and can be dangerous.

I have to admit my curiosity was peaked, and decided to do a quick
Veronica ⭐️
Glamour – Treachery – Romance

This is what the reader is promised and that is exactly what I got, all wrapped in the deliciously enticing character of Alejandro Del Campo.

Clueless as she was about the rules, and impossible as polo was to follow, she found herself completely absorbed.

I couldn’t get enough of this poor girl meets hunky, rich, hot, famous polo player and falls in love.

Georgia is a Vet. She has grown up around horses and helps her dad out on his farm. She’s still hurting over her mot
Sonja
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Tierärztin Georgia kommt durch ihren guten Freund Billy nach Wellington/Florida. Hier trifft sie auf Alejandro, der der älteste Sohn des Del-Campo-Clans ist, einer sehr reichen und mächtigen Familie. Außerdem ist Alejandro Polospieler. Als es Georgia gelingt, bei einem wichtigen Polospiel eines der Pferde aus Alejandros Reitstall zu retten, wird Georgia befristet als Tierärztin für den Del-Campo-Clan eingestellt. Dem zweiten Tierarzt Gustavo, der bereits seit vielen Jahren für die Familie arbeit ...more
MaryG2E
This is a well-written romance novel which I thoroughly enjoyed. Loved the characters, loved the setting, loved the horses, loved the background of the world of professional polo playing. I give it a rating of 4.5★s.

I think the collaboration between Nacho Figueras and a professional writer, Jessica Whitman, works well. The story is a good one, albeit a conventional romance tale, but Whitman's writing skill elevates it above the usual.

Recently I watched a TV documentary which featured a couple o
Patchis Books
» INHALT «
Glamouröse Partys, edle Pferde und heiße Nächte unterm Sternenhimmel – hier liegt der Schlüssel zum Glück ...
Champagner und Jetset interessieren die junge und kluge Tierärztin Georgia nicht. Daher stimmt sie wenig begeistert zu, ihren besten Freund zu einem der glamourösen Reitturniere in Wellington, Florida, zu begleiten. Ausgerechnet Alejandro, der unglaublich attraktive älteste Sohn des mächtigen Del Campo Clans, wirft dort ein Auge auf sie und zieht sie wie ein Sturm in eine Welt,
Anni's
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Irgendwo pendelt sich dieses Buch bei 3,5 oder 4 Sternen ein. Absolut solide, nichts unglaublich krass fesselndes, aber dennoch für Liebhaber von Gossip Girl, Pferdesport und New Adult absolut eine Leseemofehlung. Ich könnte mir vorstellen dass die Geschichten der Geschwister in Teil 2 &3 der Trilogie mehr meinen Nerv treffen werden (:
Jane Stewart
Not a good romance story. But ok for learning about polo players and their horses.

Two Argentine brothers (Alejandro and Sebastian) are in Florida during the polo season.

Georgia is a vet in upper state New York. Her best friend Billy invites her to spend a week with him going to polo games and parties. When Alejandro and Georgia see each other at a party there is an immediate attraction.

The romance story was disappointing. It was obvious that the author made an outline, put in reasons for the cou
SmartBitches
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Two months ago, I would have told you VERY VERY firmly that sports contemporaries were not my thing. Not at all. Now I have to say that they are, but the list of sports I’m into is very very VERY narrow- figure skating and uh, polo apparently. Look, there are horses and there are white pants. I’m a simple girl.

This is the first book in a series presented by Nacho Figueras, one of the world’s best polo players and face of Ralph Laurens’ polo line, which t
Melissa
May 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What to say about this book? It was as full of cliched character types and predictable plot twists as any Lifetime or Hallmark Channel television movie. And yet, as with those movies, sometimes you put one on in the background while you're folding laundry or doing your nails. And even though it's cheesy and the writing is bad and the acting lackluster, you keep watching anyway instead of flipping over to TCM the way you know you should. That's what this book was like.

Vi~Inkvotary
Inkvotary

A wonderful mix of Dallas and Dynasty - only with horses. I enjoyed every minute with it. Georgia is a fantastic young woman, Cricket a bitch and Billy the perfect gay friend. Figueras has a colorful, a bit old fashioned writing-style and knows how to use words. This novel is from the very first page great entertainment, diversified and written with a huge variety of words. Absolutely beautiful.
AH
*I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I will read and review the book when I receive it.*
Spoiler Whore-Momoa rounds down on her reviews so fuck off

A light and cute read with a touch of sexy made it for a fun read.

*ARC provided via Netgalley*
Steffi
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Sterne

Endlich komme ich mal wieder dazu eine Rezension zu schreiben. Und dann auch noch über so ein Buch...
Denn auch wenn Liebesromane und Sport oft Hand in Hand gehen, wäre ich wohl nie auf die Idee gekommen, ein Buch über Polo zu schreiben. Aber genau diese "neue Richtung" hat mich neugierig auf dieses Buch gemacht. Und ja, ganz vielleicht auch dass das Buch zusammen mit einen echten Polospieler (denn natürlich musste ich Nacho Figueras erst einmal googeln) geschrieben wurde. Und ich kan
Katharina
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 Sterne
Roxy
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-erotica
Firstly I would like to thank the publisher for a promotional copy of this book.
I loved High Season!!!
Riveting, entrancing, a little bit racy, a little bit sweet all rolled into one glorious sporting package.
Sweet and lovely country vet Georgia Fellowes gets thrown into the glamorous and elite world of polo courtesy of her best friend and his need for relationship advice. A world filled with money, luxury, gorgeous thoroughbreds and equally gorgeous men. Amongst this powerful set of people she m
Brina
May 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"Versuchung", der erste Band der "Wellington"-Saga von Nacho Figueras, wurde mir vom Verlag empfohlen und konnte direkt mein Interesse wecken, sodass ich mich sehr auf die Geschichte gefreut habe. Hier habe ich mir eine interessante und prickelnde Liebesgeschichte erhofft, aber leider nicht bekommen, denn die Geschichte war oftmals viel zu klischeehaft und kitschig, sodass mir sehr schnell der Spaß an der Geschichte verloren ging.

An sich mag ich Liebesromane ganz gerne und habe auch nichts dageg
Sharon Jarvis
This is a very easy and enjoyable novel to read that you almost feel compelled to read until you finish! Romance, exotic locations and an interesting and captivating story with engaging characters. Just finished and am looking forwarding to reading the next two in The Polo Season series as the drama obviously continues.
Highly recommended read if you enjoy chick-lit romance with a touch of erotica and high society tensions and conflicts as polo is surely only a game for the rich and famous.
Thank
Sheila
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Georgia is a vet specializing in horses. She is invited by her friend to go to polo matches in Florida. She sees that one of the polo ponies is not walking right and she unconventionally stops the match. Alejandro, owner of the horse, realizes she is right and asks her to be the assistant vet for his team. Neither wants to get involved with someone they work with but attraction has other ideas.

I enjoyed this story. I liked the glimpse into high society and the polo lifestyle. I liked Georgia and
Nell
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of High Season through Goodreads Giveaways.

The novel was more enjoyable than I thought it would be starting out. The central romance followed a quite conventional formula of high profile yet mysterious male falls for a quiet small town girl, and the turns weren't difficult to foresee. Despite this, I was constantly entertained by the action and kept wanting to read more. The inclusion of polo and the politics and culture surrounding it were very welcome additions and set the bo
Skjoon
Teil: 1/3
Genre: Liebesroman| Contemporary
Verlag: Blanvalet

Inhalt
Georgia ist Tierärztin und lebt im Bundestaat New York. Als ihr bester Freund sie überredet, ein Polotournier in Wellington,(Florida) zu besuchen, fliegt Georgia eher wiederwillig mit. Denn an Jetset, Champagner und an reichen Leuten, hat Georgia so gut wie kein Interesse. Sie kümmert sich viel lieber auf ihrer Fa
Sarah M.
Gemeinsam mit der Autorin Jessia Whitman setzte das Model und der Polo-Liebhaber Ignacio Figueras die Idee der Wellington-Saga in einem Roman um.
Als die Tierärztin Georgia gemeinsam mit einem Freund zu einem Polospiel anreist, trifft sie dabei auf Alejandro Del Campo, dessen Familiendynastie und Polo-Mannschaft für Reichtum und Macht steht. Eine Welt, die für Georgia so unnahbar erscheint. Als jedoch ihre Hilfe als Tierärztin gebraucht wird, willigt sie ein zu bleiben und weckt dabei zunehmend d
Marie Ledoux
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Der Jetset des Polosports trifft sich jährlich zu einem wichtigen Turnier in Wellington/Florida. Die Del Campo Familie steht im Mittelpunkt des Interesses, denn ihr Team hat in der Vergangenheit oft dieses Turnier gewonnen. Seit dem Tod des Familienoberhaupts führt Alejandro das Team an. Er möchte die Tradition der Familie weiterführen und dieses Mal unbedingt gewinnen.
Georgia wird von ihrem reichen besten Freund Billy überredet, nach Wellington zu kommen, um ein wenig Urlaub zu machen. Im Nord
HannahDreher
Besser als erwartet. Jedoch konnte mich die Geschichte nicht wirklich abholen.
WTF Are You Reading?
International polo sensation and the face of Ralph Lauren, Nacho Figueras, ushers readers into a world where polo reigns and money rains. A place where fortunes are won or lost to the beat of horse hooves, and refined manners give way to untamed hearts.

For Georgia Fellows, life has narrowed to days spent between helping her father treat the animals on their dilapidated family farm, and assisting the local village vet. An excellent veterinarian in her own right; Georgia is fully aware that she sh
Eva Hechenberger
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
„Die Versuchung“ ist der erste Teil der Wellington Saga von Autor Nacho Figueras. Dieser entführt uns in die Welt der Schönen und Reichen, sowie in die Welt des Polosports.
Mir hat der Klappentext sehr gut gefallen und ich dachte, mit einer Pferdegeschichte und einem hübschen Mann, kann man nichts falsch machen und so war ich sehr neugierig auf diese Geschichte.
Nach Beendigung des Buches kann ich sagen, dass mir die Geschichte sehr gut gefallen hat. Der Autor erzählt uns, wie Georgia plötzlich in
Karen Mace
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperbacks
I received a copy of this book from the publishers in return for a fair and honest review - thankyou!

Wasn't sure what to expect when I received a copy of this as it's been a while since i've read anything similar, Jilly Cooper and the like!, but I found it so easy to read and so difficult to put down once I'd started on it that reading it flew by and I loved every single minute of it and am now itching to read more!!

It focuses on the glamorous world of Polo. Alejandro and Sebastian are brothers
Margaret
A fun read that had me finishing the book in one sitting! I just loved the characters, the polo world was fascinating, and the story had a wonderful pace – which is why I never put the book down once I started it!

Georgia and Alejandro were such great characters. Georgia is down to earth and real, definitely not someone who comes from money or privilege, but can hold her own around both. Alejandro is broody, moody, and seems to have forgotten what it is to have fun. He’s still reeling from the lo
Shellan
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Georgia ist eine bodenständige Tierärztin die mit Highsociety nicht wirklich etwas anfangen kann. Nur ihrem schwulen besten Freund zu liebe reist sie mit nach Wellington, der Stadt für schöne und reiche.

Mir hat Georgia als Protagonistin sehr gut gefallen. Sie ist eine ehrliche Haut die zu dem steht was sie sagt und sich ihrem besten Freund zu liebe dennoch mal verbiegen kann. Das macht sie sehr einzigartig.

Aber auch die anderen Charaktere fand ich toll. Vor allem Alejandro mit seiner männlichen
Jeannie Zelos
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nacho Figueras Presents: High Season,  Jessica Whitman

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, Womens Fiction (adult)
this was a fun easy read. Its actually a decent length but so easy to read it felt shorter. I was amazed how long I’d been engrossed in it. I’ve got some difficult family health issues going on right now so a read like this was just perfect for taking me away into another world. It reminded me of a long ago read, Jilly Coopers Polo,. got the same exotic flavour of th
Teresa MacGinley
Ok people the review is here! This book is pure and utter romantic B/S. Where Jilly Cooper's Polo was an epic melodramatic saga immersed in the polo world, this was a flowery easy read with minimal plot. As a typical romance the descriptions of glamour, clothes, stables, horses and of course the passion took up most of it. Despite the errors (teams don't forfeit a game because a horse is injured and vets definitely don't wear polo boots in the barn!) it was a bit of a fun read that made me miss ...more
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Combine books of same series 4 39 Oct 29, 2017 09:00PM
  • Say You Will
  • Red Devil - The Book of Satan
  • The Why of Things: Causality in Science, Medicine, and Life
  • Camp Outlook
  • Declan's Cross (Sharpe & Donovan, #3)
  • Every Part of You: Resists Me (Every Part of You, #2)
  • Hard As Ice (Fortis, #1)
  • Black Water
  • Dark Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #3)
  • Bombs Away (The Hot War, #1)
  • The Blood on My Hands: An Autobiography
  • Meant To Be
  • Enchantress (Rav Hisda's Daughter, #2)
  • Lily's Leap
  • My Own Dear Brother
  • Darkest Place
  • Close to Home
  • Blame

The Polo Season (3 books)
  • Nacho Figueras Presents: Wild One (The Polo Season #2)
  • Nacho Figueras Presents: Ride Free

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)