Start by marking “Gathering Darkness” as Want to Read:
Gathering Darkness

Gathering Darkness

(Paranormal Protection Agency #7)

There is a gathering on the horizon... It's a place where Vampires feed off your desires, Weres dominate you, Demons seduce you and Aliens whisk you away to fulfill fantasies you never knew you had. Where your darkest appetites are sated, leaving you weak and breathless... Come and join us as we lead you into the Gathering Darkness.

Stories included in this set:
Kindle Edition
Published November 10th 2015 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Gathering Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gathering Darkness

Start your review of Gathering Darkness
Dianne
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a feast for the senses! Gathering Darkness is an amazing collection of tales from talented authors who know how to write! It’s like getting a twelve course meal and a bottle of champagne for the cost of a burger and medium soft drink! Do you like paranormal fantasy? Do you want to try different authors that may be unfamiliar to you? Here’s your chance to taste a slice of the owrlds these authors create. From gorilla shifters to bear shifters to hot aliens to Lash Demons, there are hours of fa ...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
This was just an ok box set. We go from Young Adult, to Romance, to Erotic. It was an interesting weird mix of stories. I will note that a few of the books in this box set can be picked up for free at your eBook realtor.
The only two books that I liked and feel are worth reading are Captive’s Kiss by Sharon Kay & Dragon’s Chase by Mina Carter. Dragon’s Chase is published on it’s own for purchase, but Captive’s Kiss is currently only available in Gathering Darkness Box Set.

Close Liasions by Anna ZaireSet.
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Close Liasons by Anna Zaires & Dima Zales:

Close Liasons was splendidly good! I loved the storyline and the characters. For a novella, I felt it was perfectly spaced out and I didn't feel like it was actually a novella. The story is sexy with one delicious looking alien and the woman that captures this particular Krinar's heart. It had the right amount of sexual tension that had me perfectly on edge. If you like a story similar t
Tracey
There's a great selection of stories in this anthology and introduce you to authors you may not have read before. It took me forever to read the whole book, it's the first time I've ever read a whole anthology but I enjoyed it. It's great value at 99p

Overall with the whole book I'd say 4.5 stars rounded up to 5 as it's such a great buy!

Below was my favourites from the book.

Close liaisons

A rich alpha male and a virgin college student..... Except the alpha is an alien......yes there
T.M. Payne
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book: Gathering Darkness: A Paranormal Romance Collection
Author: Anna Zaires , Dima Zales , C.E. Black , Charlie Daye , Izzy Szyn , Jenika Snow , Lili Saint Germain, Mina Carter , R.E. Butler, Sharon Kay
Publication Date: 11/10/2015
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
I was gifted a copy of this box set for my honest review. Often it's hard to rate a book with so many authors so I will do the best I can by rating it in whole. I am putting a written
S.H. Timmins
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have only had the chance to read Shifted Undercover, so far, but am looking forward to reading the rest of this anthology.

Shifted Undercover by C.E. Black

Shifted Undercover was exactly what I was expecting from C.E. Black; excellent execution, well-developed characters, fast-paced and engaging story, detailed description, and enough steam in the sex scenes to curl the pages!

Nikki and Adam are newlyweds, flying through the silver skies, travelling to their honeymoon des
Carly Odonoghue
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gathering Darkness is a collection of amazing paranormal stories by some authors I know and by others that I need to know. I think it's a great way to be introduced to new authors. You never know you might find a favorite author.

I love the cover of Gathering Darkness I think it's visually striking which appealed to me.

All the books are unique and stand out in their own way from Dragons to shifting bears to secrets agents on a plane each story will captivate the reader and
Roxie's Reviews
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-must-read
"Wow what an Awesome collection"
In this collection you will find some Amazing Authors with some incredible stories!.
"Zane" by R.E Butler - Was one of my favorites!. Zane Keeton is a Gorilla shifter. He works for The Amazing Adventures Safari Park. But now he wants a mate of his own. Adiana and her bf Celeste received free tickets for a V.I.P tour of the park. Can one of them be Zane's soul mate?. You will love this suspenseful,sweet,funny Romance!.
Another example is
"Walking Dead Gi
Eva Millien
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to join in the gathering as ten paranormal romances rock readers’ worlds as they ae bewitched into fantasies where their darkest appetites are sated. Lots of sizzling chemistry and hot and steamy sex spices up the darkness as these strong, edgy and compelling characters leave readers breathless with anticipation and fulfilled fantasies. The stories are well written, fast paced and flow smoothly while daring readers to give in to temptation and take a walk on the dark side. Spine tingli ...more
Devina
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Honestly, I only bought the series to read Captive's Kiss by Sharon Kay, & I loved it just like the rest of her demon books.
Shelly Roke
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good stories, some are part of a series

These stories are HOT! A couple were a little much for me, but the story lines were good. I found a couple I'm going to go look up the rest of their series right away. Most definitely 18+
Mnms
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really like that these stories are of a darker nature than you usually find. Unfortunately that doesn't make them better than a lot of the other stuff you can find out there. Was worth a shot though.
Neringa Neringiukas
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have to confess, that I bought it because of one author I'm stalking. But I gave a chance to the other stories, too. And Iwasn’t disappointed. I enjoyed them. Each has something to give and like. It would be shifter, alien or other Para ability. It made me nervious to 'see" of what's waiting next for the characters in each story. It made roll my eyes. Caused me stress. (The good kind. Lol)It made me chuckle. Like I said each story is different with what is offered.

CLOSE LIAISONS BY
Lauren
Nov 12, 2015 marked it as to-read
OVERALL:

Close Liasons by Anna Zaires - 3.5 stars:

Aliens have taken over the planet! Well not entirely they are merely coexisting with the humans. However, being human there is the ideology that they are intruders and so of course a resistance is formed. That's where Mia comes in when she catches the eye of Korum and things just spiral out of control.

I thought Mia was a little too wishy washy in her attitude towards Korum. Ok so this huge alien race that the humans barely know anyt
Lynn Vincent
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes paranormal stories and fantasy
This is a well written box set. I enjoyed reading the stories. These are a review of a few of them.

Shifted Undercover by C.E. Black: This is a well written story about Adam and Nikki both of whom are hiding secrets. While on their honeymoon flight they learn more about their secrets. The flight is highjacked Will they survive the flight? Will the secrets they are hiding tear them apart?

Capturing Her Bear by Charlie Daye: This is Torben and Aspen's story. Aspen is kidnappe
Kristin
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I originally got this from one of the authors, Sharon Kay, because she knows how much I adore her books and stories. And it was no different this time around! Captive's Kiss was yet another amazing story of hers, in the world I have come to know and live that started with the Solstii Series. Tanner and Saige are an incredible couple, brought together in the heat of the Solstice, a rabid Mating time for any denizen of her
Diane Lynch
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Gathering Darkness Box Set: Review for Captive’s Kiss by Sharon Kay Review for Captive’s Kiss by Sharon Kay

Watcher/Lash demon, Tanner, meets, female Lash demon, Saige, while out at Club Hades during the summer solstice; little did he know she would be involved in the case he was investigating.

Sharon Kay did a great job creating this story. It was fast paced, mysterious, and exciting.
Captive’s Kiss is a wonderful addition to the Watcher’s Kiss Series.

I
Karen ~ Divhine
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sharon Kay is one of my favorite authors and this novella was a great addition to the Watcher’s Kiss series. Tanner is a watcher and meets Saige during the solstice. He is unable to forget her, but believes she is working with the enemy. However, he soon finds out this is not the case and she is in need of help. This is a great story of a rescue, action and of course romance. Tanner and Saige are great characters and were developed really well for a short story. As with Sharon Kay’s other books, ...more
Book Junky Girls
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review of Captive's Kiss by Sharon Kay

So overall I enjoyed all these stories whether it was authors I'd read books from before or new to me authors, but this one was my favorite!

Tanner is a watcher and it just happens to be solstice tinge and for those who have read books by Sharon Kay before solstice time means lots and lots of hot sex!

Saige is in a bad place looking for a way out and when she finds Tanner she knows she can trust him to help.

The story is quick and stea
Heather Carver
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Captives Kiss

5 Stars

I love all these books in this series!! I would love to have a new book in this series monthly!!

I love all the Warriors. I can't wait for the next full length novel so we can see more of all the men and woman that we have come to love.

I loved the connection with Tanner and Saige. Tanner didn't try to fight his instincts towards Saige. He went with what he thought and it turned out good. It could have been bad if he didn't.

If you haven't read the other books in
Nicole Johnson
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this anthology for an honest review.
This anthology is a great collection of stories by several talented authors. Each story is full length and different than the last. There are several different shifter stories (wolf, gorilla, dragon, bear), vampire, demons, and scientists. Gathering Darkness is a wonderful, eclectic collection of paranormal romance stories. I especially enjoyed Shifted Undercover by CE Black, Dragon's Chase by Mina Carter and Capturing Her Bear by Charlie Daye.
Deborah
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very Good Reads

This bundle is well written exciting action packed read with all types of supernatural creatures, witches and warlock. The lowest rating is four stars for one story, all others are five stars. My favorite is Zane by R.E. Butler. Enjoy I did.
Maria
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anytime you get a group of authors together to make a collection like this whether you're new to the authors or there's one you already know the fact that they usually make these at an introductory 99 cent price It makes them and extremely awesome deal!
Naomi Tickle
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this box set, I personally didn't find one book I didn't like and some of the books I wouldn't normally read but I am going to be buying the next books. would recommend these books as single buys or in the box set.
Rosa Maria Garcia
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

The bundling of stories was amazing and so was the price. All the characters in the story were awesome and so were their stories. It's a good read for a anybody who loves to read paranormal romance? A must buy and keep them coming.
tracy
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great set

I enjoyed this set a great deal. Strong characters and good stories made for a great read. Definitely recommend this set.
Tracey Brown
read R.E.Butler's Zane really liked it
Ruth Hambley
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing collection of authors and stories. If you enjoy reading sci-fi paranormal romance then you will love this series. Well written and truly enjoyable to read. Wonderful.
Brenda
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Dragon's Chase by Mina Carter and Zane by R.E. Butler were the only stories I liked in this collection.
Vee
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zane by R.E. Butler
Absolutely love this book!
Goodreads Librari...: Please add these books to my author page 2 17 Oct 26, 2015 01:09PM
Anna Zaires fell in love with books at the age of five, when her grandmother taught her to read. She wrote her first story shortly thereafter. Since then, she has always lived partially in a fantasy world where the only limits were those of her imagination. Currently residing in Florida, Anna is happily married to Dima Zales (a science fiction and fantasy author) and closely collaborates with him ...more

Paranormal Protection Agency (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hearts of Stone (Paranormal Protection Agency, #1)
  • Protect and Service (Paranormal Protection Agency #2)
  • Seduced by Santa (Paranormal Protection Agency, #3)
  • Close Protection (Paranormal Protection Agency, #4)
  • Dragon's Honor (Paranormal Protection Agency, #5)
  • Dragon's Chase (Paranormal Protection Agency #6)
  • Santa's Naughty List (Paranormal Protection Agency, #7)
  • What the Sleigh? (Paranormal Protection Agency, #8)
  • Bad Santa (Paranormal Protection Agency, #9)
  • Werelock (Southern Shifters, #4)