Start by marking “The Little Book of Stupidity: How We Lie to Ourselves and Don't Believe Others” as Want to Read:
The Little Book of Stupidity: How We Lie to Ourselves and Don't Believe Others

The Little Book of Stupidity: How We Lie to Ourselves and Don't Believe Others

Are stupidity and sanity related? The truth may surprise you.

We are all masters of self-delusion. Every day we make decisions that aren’t based on logic, but rather stories. Stories that we tell ourselves about who we are, what we want and why we want it.

The Little Book of Stupidity is about these stories, from:
Why you are always tricked into paying more
How a pi
Published October 7th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Little Book of Stupidity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book of Stupidity

Start your review of The Little Book of Stupidity: How We Lie to Ourselves and Don't Believe Others
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
A fascinating read. A glimpse into what goes wrong with human reason occasionally. If 10% of this is true - we are biorobots. And there is a lot of work to do to improve our wetware.

Q:
It is not the reality of the situation that dictates an individual’s behavior but rather his constructed “subjective-social reality”. This is the cause of all manner of cognitive biases.
The most interesting part of Kahneman's findings were not how pervasive biases were but rather how adaptive they were. In many co
Bradley
Well, now. What do we have here? A neat little primer on what it means to be biased? Ten different means and ways we are biased with pretty decent descriptions about each?

Yep. That's about it.

Not included, unfortunately, is any trace of humor.

Why did I act on my bias that this might have been funny? Maybe it was the cover and the GREAT title for the text. It seemed PERFECT for a snarky little book on Logic and Self-Help with tons of tongue-in-cheek observations that could have been genuine, pers
Santhosh
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Fan non-fiction?!

This is like a condensed summary of David McRaney's books, with bits of Kahneman, Ariely and Chabris thrown in. The content is superficial though, being derived as it is.

A reasonable starter if you're someone just setting out to explore cognitive biases. This book lists the 10 most common of them, in fairly simple and straightforward terms.
Scott Allan
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Little Book of Stupidity takes a good look at how biased we can be and how unwilling we are to see the truth behind the lies we tell ourselves. The author introduces readers to ten of the most common cognitive biases that form our "stupid mentality." Although I'll admit I was mislead by the theme of the book as identifying people's actions as "stupid", once I started reading and could grasp the basic science behind the reasoning, it all started to make sense.

The author Sia Mohair has obvious
حمیده قنبری
This book is one of those "underrated" nonfictions.
Daniel Kahman's Thinking Fast and Slow enjoys many reviews, but this book is slightly marginalized. Surpiringly the concepts and themes of these two book are very connected, nonetheless that Mohajer's book was published when behavioral economic were in its infancy and not many researches were done on biases.
T. Gilbert
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I bought this book as it was referenced in a blog about critical thinking. I thought the author did a good job making the psychology of biases understandable for the most part. It had about a half dozen typos that didn't detract too much from the content. I think it is a good book for those that want to improve their critical thinking skills. BONUS: I finally know how stupid I am. ...more
Cheryl
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author briefly covered 10 common biases innate in human, including confirmation bias, anchoring, Bias blind spot, Fundamental attribute error, hyperbolic discounting, Dunning Kruger bias, availability bias etc.
Good book for a newbie in the realm of cognitive bias.
Jessica Gonzalez
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Pretty great intro to the cognitive bias of life.
Fuyfyofouyf
Jul 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
the little pdf
Chuck
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You're probably not as smart as you think you are.

This book provides keen insights into the workings of our minds. It details a lot of the current psychological research into the way we develop our biases.

If you're thinking that you are completely fair-minded and free of bias, this book will show you just how wrong you are and will explain the psychology behind why you would think that.
Christopher Walls
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
An excellent book and short book. Sia focuses on ten biases we all have and how we should focus on recognizing and either acknowledging or fighting against our biases. Quit worrying about fixing everyone else, focus on yourself.
Anthony
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good primer on cognitive bias.
Anirban Mandal
Mar 08, 2016
Laura Torres Salazar
Sep 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Stories That Stick: How Storytelling Can Captivate Customers, Influence Audiences, and Transform Your Business
  • The Rudest Book Ever
  • The Night Swim
  • The Wife Stalker
  • This Is How I Lied
  • The Talent Code: Unlocking the Secret of Skill in Sports, Art, Music, Math, and Just About Everything Else
  • Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When God Speaks
  • Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing: The Blueprint To Quitting Your Job With Real Estate - Even Without Experience Or Cash
  • The Testament / A Time to Kill
  • Dumbocalypse Now: The First Dunning-Kruger President
  • Blackout: How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape from the Democrat Plantation
  • Investing in Rental Properties for Beginners: Buy Low, Rent High
  • He Started It
  • Do the Work
  • If I Break: The Complete Series (If I Break, #1-3)
  • All for Maddie
  • Beautifully Broken (If I Break, #3)
  • How to Make $100,000 per Year in Passive Income and Travel the World: The Passive Income Guide to Wealth and Financial Freedom - Features 14 Proven Passive Income Strategies