Start by marking “Scarless & Sacred (The Chicago War, #3)” as Want to Read:
Scarless & Sacred (The Chicago War, #3)

Scarless & Sacred

(The Chicago War #3)

Secrets and wars leave the deepest scars.

Evelina Conti has always worn a mask. She is an Outfit principessa, respected and adored. She wasn’t allowed to be anything else. Her father went from a grieving husband to the Outfit boss, and now that Riley heads the family, Eve is more suffocated than ever. No matter how much she hates it, the Conti princess still has a role to p
ebook
Published January 11th 2016 by Bethany-Kris (first published January 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Scarless & Sacred, please sign up.

Start your review of Scarless & Sacred (The Chicago War, #3)
S.M. West
5+++ “Madness Most Discreet” STARS

This entire series is one big power play and I love it! The third book in this series is Theo DeLuca and Evelina Conti’s story. While all is quiet and it appears as though things are settling down within the Chicago Outfit, it’s really the calm before the storm. The war is not over and the power struggle for the big boss man’s seat is still very much in play as jealousy, greed and violence continues to breed and fester among the ranks.

If I had to sum this bo
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*4.5 I like it rough Nutella jars*

Flirty eyes and sensual touches , this game they played was just the beginning. The tables have turned and someone new is ruling will they find each other before the war makes them do something foolish *yes I'm a rhyming legend*

Evelina Conti or Principessa had been playing her part for a long time and now at the age of 22 she was getting tired of wearing her mask especially when a certain Devlish DeLuca starts whispering such sweet nothing into her ears

"W
Amanda
My 1st 5 star for 2016. Yay!

No one in this life walked around scarless.

I'm so glad to be back with the Outfit, although they seems to be the most messy bunch of mafia with non-stop political agenda, back-stabbing, and whatnot. It also seems like in all 4 books of The Chicago War series the heroes and heroines are all within the Outfit families. From the sound of it, it might be a recipe for repetitiveness because most of them have the same dilemma, but Bethany-Kris manage to make each story uni
Bethany-Kris
Jan 06, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Scarless & Sacred, The Chicago War #3 is live!

Theo DeLuca & Evelina Conti

“I thought you didn’t want to be the princess anymore?”
“I’m just waiting to take off the tiara.”
“And burn it,” Theo muttered.
“I’ll let you light the fire.”
“Eve, you already did.”

Releasing Monday, January 11th 2016

Live at the following vendors:
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Scarless-Sacred...
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id10...
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/scar...
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesan
Radmila
4,25 STARS!!!

In this life, family is the most important thing, which I think you already know. But what you might not realize is that the family are also the people who make up the life you choose. Running from those people when they have no one will stand for them means you are leaving them behind, and with it goes any honor you left.

Theo DeLuca is wanted dead. I am not kidding. He barely survive this time.

Let's start from beginning. After reading Deathless & Divided I accidentally on purpose
Shanny
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing

***** 5 STARS *****

Ok I have to start by saying :
THEO,

THEO,

THEOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
description
Wow that man was just SO SEXY!!!! The things I would let that man do!

" Family was sacred. Something pure, something that should have been held close and protected at all costs. Something untouchable; something loved."

So S&S is about Evelina Conti and Theo DeLuca’s story.What an amazing couple they were together.
Really liked that we got to read how their relationship developed and why Theo was the way h
Lorraine Lesar
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They treated him like a game, so he showed them how to play...

16 books down on my Bethany-Kris reading extravaganza and I’m still enthralled with all that’s “la familigia”.
Theo and Evelina’s story is the 3rd book in the author’s Chicago War Series. Like all good Mafia/The Outfit Families, it’s all about greed, jealousy and violence. This book had all that and so much more.
The ‘play/power struggle’ between The Families is now the main feature for me - the romance a mere back-drop.
Theo De Luca is
Elfina Renee
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
 photo Theo 2.gif
That’s right just slide another bullet into the chamber. Do you feel it, the cool metal heating in the palm of your hand? Can you hear the metallic sound as the round goes in? No that’s not your imagination playing tricks on you, that’s the incredible talents of Bethany-Kris bringing this five star mafia read to life.
 photo Theo 3.gif
Some would say Theo Deluca is broken, despite his past he’s not. He’ll use every jagged edge to carve out a spot proving he’s the cure. Others will say he makes the perfect
Paige
4 "Family" Stars

Gobsmacked. Seriously. Every time I finish a book in this series I am utterly gobsmacked at the twist and turns the story takes. The relationships in The Outfit are so complex and constantly changing that I'm left with my mouth hanging open about half way through each time. Scarless & Sacred was no different.

Evelina Conti, Adriano's sister from book 2, is the daughter of The Under Boss who's become The Outfit Boss since the war has ravaged The Family. She's always been expected
Bev
Re-readathon of this series January 2019 and it's utter perfection.

Original review January 2017:

Brilliant! Just brilliant and such a close second to Adriano and Alessa's book which was beyond fantastic. I keep on gushing about BK's characters and again she excelled with Theo and Eve. I love that she gives each character their perfect partner, warts and all.

Love love LOVE this series so hard.
Snow
Dec 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing

BLOODY HELL, Bethany!!! How do you do this?

I am just in awe... this is even better than the Deathless & Divided (The Chicago War, #1) by Bethany-Kris ok, well definitely close to it...

politics beyond measure of comprehention, hidden agendas, secret plots in murder...and an unlikely love affair that will blow your body, mind and soul.

Theo Deluca and Evelina Conti, unconventional players started out as supposed pawns and the means of sacrifice in the brutal mafia war, but the changes would set their own course as the insinuated "pawns" learn the rules
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Worth the Risk” Stars

The Chicago Wars escalates........and Theo DeLuca is front and center and seems to be an easy scapegoat for the war. But Theo has no intention of letting that happen. He is full of rage and guilt over his brother and is a loose cannon. The Outfit is still volatile and unstable and no one is entirely safe, especially Theo.

Evelina Conti is the principessa of the Conti family. She’s respectful, does what is told to do, she doesn’t cause problems and she knows that her life w
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,75 "Principessa!!!" stars***

God, i love this series very much!!!! Every book is better than the previous!!!
And even though that i loved very much the first couple and i liked the second one too, i think that this one was my most favorite... Or not??? Bahahaha... I just can't decide!!!
I love them all and i hate all those bad men that they are making their lives a living hell!!!

...FAMILY IS EVERYTHING...

As you can understand, the war in the Chicago Outfit is holding well...
Even though the
MelaDWolf
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia
4.25 stars!

I was so scared to start this book!! Thank you Radmila for your fantastic review, which made me read it. You are the best :)))

So, why was I scared?
I didn't like heroine or hero in first two books.And I thought, that they will make this book terrible. But, God, how big fool am I?? It is Bethany-Kris!!! One of my favourite authors. She wrote Russian Guns and Filthy Marcellos. With great series like that, why would this one be different??

Never again I will doubt you,Bethany. Never again.
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
Theo and Evelina's story! *_*

Yes. Since book 1. The torture I had to endure. The looks, the little mentions that gave me pause. It was gonna happen. It was just the wait.

Reeling this read in with FIVE Endless SACREDLY Blazing STARS!!!

When his tongue snaked out to wet his lips and his hands slide across the steering wheel smoothly to take another turn, Evelina's throat went dry. He handled his car easily, like he was holding onto feathers when in fact, the Stingray had one hell of an engine
Keya
5++++ STARS

This was amazing. This was... one of the best reads I've had in a while. This was so fucking good I cannot form words to describe how much I enjoyed every aspect of the story: the characters (even the complex ones), the action, the relationships, the romance. Everything. I bloody cried in some part and was really emotional in others. I wanted to crack someone's head open and I wanted to hug someone too. So many conflicting emotions.

So it's been decided that this books is one of my
Deborah
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I’m absolutely loving this series. It’s well written and completely addictive.

Theo is a complex character. The abuse he suffered as a child still haunts him. He doesn’t do relationships and he certainly doesn’t chase after women but... there’s something about Evelina. Theo is drawn to her without fully understanding why.

Evelina is the perfect mafia princess. Her father is now king and she plays her part so well but... she’s drawn to Theo.

Along with the romance is a story that will keep you on th
Lana
Mar 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia
Well I liked this one but my fav always will be Damian
This story is about Theo and Evelina and every story from Bethany is unique so is this.
I feel like there was too much going on at some point and I was lost but if you like mafia and hot alpha male try this!
 photo tumblr_ni2v695v571rc7gxfo1_500_zpsqvdtacv4.gif
Denise
5+ Beauty always was a little dirty Stars.

description

Since my opinion on top is out of the way lets get started. * (ARC graciously provide by the author for an honest review)*

Scarless & Scared is by far my favorite book in the series. We continue with the issues inside the Outfit and start to make sense of everything that is happening and why it's happening.

Theo is the a man that looks out for himself. He is number one, no one takes care of him but him. He hides himself well, but also gets thrown into
Varied Books
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5+ super I was completely engrossed stars. 3rd book in a 4 book Mafia series. Each book features a different main couple.

"He [Theo] was so in love with this woman [Eve]. Because she didn’t give a damn about his monsters, and she wasn’t out to chase them away. She didn’t think he was broken. She didn’t fix him like someone else might try to."

My love for this book is for more than just the romance between the MC. (My favorite couple is still Adriano and Alessa from the 2nd book.) I really liked T
Selin'
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, arc, mob
‘No one in this life walked around scarless”

Wow just wow. Bethany – Kris, you are incredible!
I’ve been following this series since the first book came out. Ever since, I get excited waiting for the release of another one.
What got me drawn to this series in the first place was the beautiful cover. You know the saying right? Never judge a book by its cover well, this series is as good as the cover itself.
With every book it got better and better and whenever I see that ‘coming soon’ page, I start
Lori
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ellie
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5+ Stars!!
Have you ever started reading a book and you wished to never finish it? (in the good way of course)

Yup this is the case with this one!

In my review i will NOT tell you almost anything about the plot, or i will not reveal you any spoiler just because i do believe that each and everyone should read this one.

To begin with, in case you want a book about organized crime and romance this is the one for you!
It is really well written and most of all it feels real! Reading the book you get the
Alina
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mob-mafia
Ever since I reached that paragraph in chapter five, a question continued to haunt me for the rest of the book.

Serena's black Mercedes...what black Mercedes? Didn't Damian turned that into scrap metal

Now I'm good.
----
"They're killing whoever gets in the way without a thought because of greed and misplaced loyalty."

The Outfit had cut too many scars into the people they called family, especially Theo and his older brother Dino.

"A little rough around the edges. Cold in his heart. Bloodthirsty on th
Nicla

Another great book in the Chicago Wars series. The plot had plenty of surprising twist and turns and I can't wait for the final book Breathless & Bloodstained. The romance was hot but I wouldn't say it was the main focus of the storyline.

HEA (view spoiler)

*Read thru Kindle Unlimited*
Sara  Kharroubi
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafiosi
4.5 Rules Breaking Stars.

*** Received an arc by the generous Bethany Kris for an honest review***

She did it again people! Another amazing story, another amazing couple, another amazing book!!!

description

Once again, we are thrust straight into the heart of The Chicago War. And,in the midst of it all, Theo Deluca and Evelina Conti find each other.

description

To say that Theo is a complicated character is an understatement. While reading the first two books, he has somehow flown under my radar, but with this book he cam
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
This series just sucks me in deeper to the outfit and the more I read about these characters the more I realise that no one is safe, no one can be trusted.

This is the story of Evelina Conti & Theo De Lucca. Like the previous book in this series, they are a couple who are not meant to be, a match between them would not be seen as a favourable one by her father or the outfit. Evelina is tired of being a principessa and wants to be her own person, live her own life away from the expectations of her
Ari Reavis
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't read this book fast enough. It was awesome, as usual. Theo has a place in my heart for the way he tried to get Eve for years. I felt so bad that he was being used as a scapegoat for the Outfit's problems, but I definitely liked the outcome of him figuring out who was doing what. Eve evolved from the princess who followed the rules to the girl who was willing to risk it all to get what she wanted. Lots of action and manipulating. The sex was veryyyyy hot. Theo likes his sex with just a ...more
Tzelina
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 SCARLESS & SACRED STARS!
This is by far my favorite book in Chicago war series!!! Theo and Evelina’s chemistry was mind blowing! Excellent read!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Bargain Basement: $20 Amazon Gift Card & (2) Swag Packs 1 6 Jan 29, 2016 03:04PM

• Where the Snow Falls (Seasons of Betrayal, #2)
  • In the Beginning (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Celt. (Den of Mercenaries #2)
  • Hidden Monsters (Volkov Bratva, #4)
  • Red. (Den of Mercenaries, #1)
  • The Final Hour (Volkov Bratva, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Until the End (Volkov Bratva, #2)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles #5)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles #4)
  • For Luca (Chicago Syndicate, #2)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)
  • Time Stood Still (Volkov Bratva, #3.5)
  • White Rabbit: The Rise (The Kingmaker Saga, #1)
Bethany-Kris is a Canadian author, lover of much, and mother to four young sons, one cat, and three dogs. A small town in Eastern Canada where she was born and raised is where she has always called home. With her boys under her feet, snuggling cat, barking dogs, and a hubby calling over his shoulder, she is nearly always writing something ... when she can find the time.

To keep up-to-date with new

The Chicago War (4 books)
  • Deathless & Divided (The Chicago War, #1)
  • Reckless & Ruined (The Chicago War, #2)
  • Breathless & Bloodstained (The Chicago War, #4)

News & Interviews

“Maybe it was just a testament to the whims of life; so often the people we turned into were not the people we first seemed destined to be.” 2 likes
“You’re second place and that’s the first bitch to lose.” 2 likes