Start by marking “Jockblocked (Gridiron, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jockblocked (Gridiron, #2)

Jockblocked (Gridiron #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  6,545 Ratings  ·  591 Reviews
She’s always played it safe…

College junior Lucy Washington abides by one rule—avoid risk at all costs. She’s cautious in every aspect of her life, from her health, to her mock trial team, to the boring guys she dates. When a brash, gorgeous jock walks into the campus coffee shop and turns his flirt on, Lucy is stunned by the force of attraction. For the first time ever, sh
ebook
Published February 11th 2016 by Tree LLC

To ask other readers questions about Jockblocked, please sign up.
Steven Just for public knowledge: I messaged the author, and she says Washington is the correct last name, per her website, Amazon, and the cover blurb, and…moreJust for public knowledge: I messaged the author, and she says Washington is the correct last name, per her website, Amazon, and the cover blurb, and that the interior "Watson" was an error.(less)
Jen Frederick Yes, you haven't met Lucy yet but I hope you love her when you do meet!

*****3.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”I didn’t realize the earth was moving when I saw you the first time. I didn’t realize everything in my life was changing because it happened slowly. One meal, one conversation, one kiss at a time.”

photo JB_Teaser1_zpsa1inqwmc.jpg

I love me a good romance with a sinfully sexy JOCK. It happens to be one of my favorite tropes. The hero always tends to be a major player and seriously cocky, but not in a way that makes him come off as a douche nozzle. The heroine usually take
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 ~ 4.25 Stars

”I think the reward of you is worth the risk.”

description

I’m not a huge fan of heroines with lists of rules. This heroine doesn’t have a long list, but her one rule is not dating football players. Add to that her constant need to dissect every decision, while balancing risk verse reward and I was pretty nervous that I wouldn’t like her.

”My whole life is about risk assessment. Can I eat this new food or that new food? Can I have one drink or two tonight? Did I get enough rest? Enough walkin
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
3.75 Stars

Matty might have been my biggest risk, but he is sure as hell the best reward a girl could ever have.

When I read Sacked, my first book by this author, I knew one thing for sure; while it wasn't the 5 star for me like it was for so many of my friends, I fell hard for the series and the characters. I knew the second that the second book in this series came out, I'd be all over it. I loved the writing style of the Gridiron series, but I'm just not a reader that enjoys insta-love no ma
Beverly
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
These books are my guilty pleasure, I am not sure what is about these college sports romances, but I can’t get enough! After Sacked I have been anxiously await more from Jen Frederick.

Matty’s team just won the national championship, so they are enjoying the freedoms and benefits of being a star collegiate athlete. He had it good before, but since they won the title he hasn’t been hearing no. So when he sees the beautiful, anxious, and studious Lucy he decides to engage.

Luce wants no part of al
Patrycja

Release Date: 11 February, 2016
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I think I should be over college sports romance by now (I’ve already read so many of them). Strangely I seem to still be able to fall in love with them. I am not sure exactly why but even though they can be quite repetitious I cannot stop craving books about sexy athletes! So it’s no brainer that I was delighted to get another delic
Sabrina
Matt wasn't one of the characters from the first book in this series that I was dying to know more about, but I was really happy with his story. After reading Sacked I didn't know much about him and I guess that's why my interest wasn't fully on learning more of him. But after waiting so long to read this series, I was not making that mistake again, and I ended up enjoying it.

Lucy was a bit uptight, and her character could definitely grate on my nerves, but overall she wasn't too bad. I can't s
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3.5-4 STARS

I'll probably be one of the few people who didn't enjoy this story as much as I thought I would. Even though the beginning was amazing and I couldn't put it down Ace was a big issue in the story for me. He frustrated me a lot, and I couldn't get well with around the problem. He ruined the story for me. Because I loved Luce so much and Matty...They were so cute, funny and hot together! I hope you'll enjoy it more than I did!

*An advance reading copy was generously provided to me in exc
Geri Reads
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jockblocked follows the story of Western linebacker Matty Iverson and college junior Lucy Washington. Lucy has a rule against dating football players. There's a reason why she doesn't and since it's a huge plot point in the book, I won't get into the details of it. When Matty met Lucy, he was instantly intrigued by her reticence. And despite being rebuffed by Lucy, Matty just couldn't stay away.

I absolutely adored Matty. He's the quintessential Jen Frederick hero. Sweet, caring, and not an assh
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I really enjoyed this second book in the Gridiron series. It is a sweet love story between Matty and Lucy. Matty is on a football team and leading defense falls on his shoulders. Lucy attends the same college and is on a mock trial team. She is a diabetic, worships routine and hates taking risks.

➦There's a bit of a chase going on in the beginning. Surprise-surprise, Lucy doesn't want to date a football player - too risky! But Matty is relentless in his pursuit to have Lucy take a chance on him.
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Jock Blocked
Series: Gridiron #2
Author:Jen Frederick
Release date: February 11, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Jock Blocked had some tall shoes to fill for me, since Sacked was one of my top favorites of 2015. I can happily report that this follow up was another success. In this new wave of popular NA sports romance, the competition is fierce. There have been so many recent books that had that perfect balance of flirty banter, ripe sexual tension, and a large asse
Stacey is Sassy
description

The biggest risk but the best reward a girl could ever have.

I tried to come up with a new fact about football that I learned from Jockblocked but unfortunately, the best I could come up with is a few positions. I learned that there are quarterbacks, linebackers and something called the backfield with safeties or something like that. Do I know what they do??? Absolutely no bloody idea.

I started Jockblocked still on a high from finishing Sacked. The characters were fresh in my mind and I was eage
S.M. West
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sexy-athlete
4.5 Goldie STARS

This was a fun read. This one's about Matthew (Matty) Iverson, sexy linebacker and team captain to-be if he toes the line, and Lucy Watson, friend of Ace the QB and the woman who catches Matty's eye.

photo JB_zpsk2vgfa60.jpg

Besides the thrill of the sport and the team camaraderie, sports romances can be just plain alluring because of the mighty fine specimens such as Matty.

Like any red blooded woman, Lucy may say that Matty's not her type but she can't deny the attraction. Lucy tries to fight Matty's
Catarina
4 Risky Stars.

Lucy is a “take no risks” kind of girl. She lives her life in the quiet and doesn’t do crazy things.
Matty is a football player that likes to enjoy his life. He’s a bit of a player and goes from girl to girl never looking back twice. When he meets Lucy he finds her refreshing she doesn’t know who he is, she’s not interested. So he becomes interested.
Soon he’s going to find out that Lucy he’ll be his biggest challenge, she doesn’t want risks and he’s a big one. But Lucy we’ll al
Jen
3.5ish Stars

Goldilocks, you’re sleeping in the right bed tonight.

I Love a good book meet cute. Give me a “eyes meet across a crowded room” or “cute guy and cute girl knock heads while bending down to clean stuff up” experience and I’m there. In the case of Jockblocked, a flip of a pen was all it took.

Matt “Matty” Iverson lives a charmed life. As a member of a championship college football team, the booze is abundant and the woman are lining up and always enthusiastic. Yeah, the social media pics
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4**** Stars

photo 7BE67937-3D46-481E-AB40-59EEEDC99305_zpsqpikko55.jpg

Opposite attract right?? Well this is the story of Sexy lovable easy going and the linebacker in the Warriors Matty. Then there's Luce she's the best friend of the latest quarterback Ace.. well she controls everything she does, everything is worked out precisely.. From the foods that enter her mouth to how she studies and how she calculates how she spends her day... Now I have to say having rules isn't usually my favourite story, I'm a fly by the wall kind of girl and although I may
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was just ok. I'm a little disappointed to be honest. I didn't skim, but I felt a little bored at times. I needed more to happen, and I needed the h to freaking quit pushing him away!! He was the perfect example of a manwhore changed IMO, and he treated her amazingly -- so I just didn't get it! I would understand being hesitant because he was a known manwhore (and he admitted it too), but it just went on and on and on -- and this is when I got bored.

Brief Summary of
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
I'm an only child. I don't like to share. Won't share. Don't believe in sharing.

That's right. Back the fuck off, everyone. Matty is mine.

He's hot. He's smart. He's sweet. He reads. He's the total package. I want to get intimately acquainted with his package.

I am in love with this book Matty. Even when he's being an idiot! Even when he's making bad decisions! But especially when he's talking dirty. I want him to whisper naughty things in my ear. Reow. Matty now lives in

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I read this book for the Unapologetic Romance Readers' New Years 2017 Reading Challenge. For more info about what this is, click here.

Remember that time I read SACKED and I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not? Well, trust me when I say that I did not have that problem with JOCKBLOCKED. Reading these books is incredibly frustrating for me as a readere, because I find them so trashy and bad. They encapsulate all the tropes that annoy me so
Jayme
I read blindly all the books related to college sports romance. Just love this topic. Young people entering adult life, but they still have a lot of fun at the same time. I like these emotions, these situations. It is exciting, moving, just always positive reading. Ultimately they didn't different from one another so much, and there are still interesting for me.

About the plot: Lucy is a girl with play it safe attitude. She through her experience and diabetes learned to always evaluate the risks
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
4.5 star

description

Jock Blocked was a book that made me feel good, that put a smile on my face and really I'm not asking for much more when I read. I l read so many books a year, so many different genres, I've come to have a lot of feelings and I've come to expect to feel a certain way with some genres. I think that very few authors can write colleges sports books without making me cringe and roll my eyes... Jen Frederick is one of them.

"It isn’t just my body that responds to him. My heart opens."

Matty,
3 worth-the-risk Stars

Category: A book released in 2016

Matty Iverson is what I like to call a “fucking gentleman”; he is vulgar, crass and downright naughty. He is also extremely generous, attentive and sweet. To give you an example, when Matty finds out the girl he’s crushing on (and we are talking pre-coitus here) is diabetic he not only calls his mother, who is a doctor, to ask what is healthy for her to eat but proceeds to go out and buy said items to stock in his fridge….

And while I have so
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I must be addicted to college sports romances because even though they tend to be somewhat formulaic, I can’t seem to get enough of them. There’s usually a hot shot, sexy athlete (typically a football or hockey player) who enjoys bonking a different co-ed each night and is allergic to commitment—that is until he meets a pretty girl who doesn’t date athletes. He wants to get in her pants, but she’s unimpressed by him. That challenge makes him pursue her over even more. She finally relents, and he ...more
Ivy Deluca
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full review (co-written with my friend Michelle for After Dark Book Lovers).

Michelle: I love doing joint reviews with one or more of my shorties, so when this baby came up for review, Ivy suggested she and I do a buddy read since both she and I love reading [new adult] sports romances. This is part of Ms. Frederick’s Gridiron Series and most certainly can be read as a standalone. In Sacked, you got insta-love, and with Jock Blocked, you will get a slower burn, which is also good. So in essence,
Claire Robinson
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3.5 - "I think the reward of you is worth the risk." Stars!

Its Live
Amazon US -www.amazon.com/Jockblocked-Novel-Grid...
Amazon UK -www.amazon.co.uk/Jockblocked-Novel-Gr...
B&N -www.barnesandnoble.com/w/jockblocked-...

The second book in Jen Frederick's Gridiron series brings us back into contact with some favorite characters from the last book Sacked, and introduces us to a few new characters as well. Jockblocked gives us Matt Iverson’s story, and as you can guess being one of Western State Wa
Snow
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing

5 risk assessment of love stars

I don't have much to say without sounding boring as hell, so I will just state the fact that I love football, I love reading about sportmen, sportguys, whatever sport related...

and in that tone I lOVED this book.

It was funny, it was smart, with very intelligent dialogues and the characters weren't sappy or shitty or overly dramatic, they were truly assessing every situation as maturely possible and it was effin refreshing to read about someone like that.

As for the
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Lucy is busy with college. She loves her mock trial classes and studying. She loves having a plan and a pro and con list and risk assessments for everything.
That's why she only dates 'safe' guys. Other guys, hot, popular guys, would be too dangerous.
And especially hot, adorable and smart football players are strictly forbidden by her best childhood friend Ace. The quarterback isn't allowed to date her roommates, and she's not allowed to date his teammates.

But that pact was made before she met M
Ashleyjo
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Book two of this series has Matty as the MMC and quarterback Ace's BFF, Lucy, as the FMC. However, a good bit of this book also focuses on Ace's position on the football team and in Lucy's life.

I can't say that the book was horrible in any specific way. My lack of enjoyment here is mainly due to pacing and a lack of ebb and flow to the plot lines.

Basically, I was bored. This book is 75% talk and 25% doing. Entirely too much time spent in their heads. Entirely too much time going back and forth
Danielle (Love at First Page)

4-4.5 stars

There is no better way to describe my love for this book than to say that I completely devoured it. As in, stayed-up-until-2-am, didn't-even-want-to-blink devoured it. What a fun, fun, fun book. These characters, especially Matty, had me like putty in their hands, and the angst was low while the swoonage was high. I couldn't get enough!

To be honest, I couldn't remember much of Matty from the first book, but I knew the guys were hilarious and I was excited to get know one of them bette
Alia Ros
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING OMG DA BOM DOT COM! XD

Not to mention that all the characters are hot as heck and superb! It may hve been a little too detailed for me in some parts like i dont mind it but dont really think it's necessary i just wanna know whats gonna happen next but has the same awesomeness so its cool

❤❤
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • This Way to the Sugar
  • Recitatif/To Room Nineteen
  • Just a Little Flirt (Crush, #2)
  • Shipwrecked Summer
  • Stupid Love (Stupid in Love, #3)
  • Secret Life (RVHS Secrets #2)
  • The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5)
  • No Pants Required
  • A Kiss Like This (Kiss and Make Up #3)
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • Since Drew
  • The Game Plan (Game On, #3)
  • Leave a Mark
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • A Game Worth Watching (Worth Series, #1)
  • Wet (The Water's Edge, #1)

Gridiron (5 books)
  • Sacked (Gridiron, #1)
  • Delay of Game (Gridiron, #2.5)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Played (Gridiron, #4)
“Masters: Situation appears dire. Look around. Do you see any adults?
Me: My ball size indicates I’m the adultest thing here.
Me: I haven’t been rejected this hard since I tried to block the punt in that game against OSU last semester.

Masters: My wife says rejection is good for you. Makes you mentally tough.

Me: You love saying that phrase “my wife.”

Masters: You bet your fat ass I do.

Me: You don’t think it’s completely strange that you’re 21 and acting like a Taylor Swift song?

Masters: Bro, sorry you feel left out. Stop by later and I’ll give you a hug.

Me: Fuck off.

Masters: I have MY WIFE to do that for me. Thanks, though. Hug still stands. I’ll even let you smell me. MY WIFE says I smell delicious.

Me: I’ve smelled you before, which is why I’m not sure how you convinced Ellie to marry you. She must have defective olfactory senses.

Masters: Me and MY defective WIFE will be getting it on tonight. While u have only Rosie Palm.

Me: Don’t worry. I get plenty of variety. Left-hand Laura sometimes steps in.

Masters: Heard you were out with Josie Weeks. Be careful. She eats little linebackers like you for breakfast.

And the fact that I don’t even want to make a sexually charged comeback tells me exactly how I feel about Josie. Hope she doesn’t mind being just study partners.”
4 likes
“Hammer continues as if I haven’t said a word. “According to these Tantric sex gurus, you can make a girl come just by breathing on her.”

I raise a skeptical eyebrow. “Breathing? I don’t think any woman is having an orgasm even if I gusted tornado winds into her pussy.”

“Not with that attitude you won’t.”
4 likes