Start by marking “Last to Leave” as Want to Read:
Last to Leave

Last to Leave

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
"I think of bars filled with smoke, missed bank shots and broken darts, free beer from the end of the bar, a drunk friend you might see later, someone you might never see again." -from "Last to Leave" "In Last to Leave, Christie Grimes two-steps through the heat and seasoning of Texas and embraces rural northern New York in poems that sweat and chuckle, question and speak ...more
Published September 28th 2015 by Jane's Boy Press

To ask other readers questions about Last to Leave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last to Leave

Christine
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the food poems (I, too, am obsessed with butter), but my favorite poem overall was probably "End of the Day." Grimes' collection made me feel homesick for a place I've never been! Definitely worth the read.
Stacey
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Christie Grimes's narrative poetry in Last to Leave is truly a wonder. From the back roads of Texas to Astroworld to an alternate pastry shop future for Marie Antoinette, she explores the complexity of nostalgia and the respite we can find in our senses. Already looking forward to her next book!
Matthew Gavin Frank
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Grimes' book-- often hilarious, often tender, often both simultaneously-- investigates the holiness and humanity of the things we often dismiss as oddity. I adore this book.
Armenator
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these poems.
Stacy
Wendy Fregeau
Nov 05, 2016
Michael
Dec 21, 2016
Christie Grimes teaches writing at SUNY Jefferson. She also hosts the North Country Writers Festival in Watertown, NY, as well as the monthly reading and performance series, First Fridays, in Sackets Harbor, NY.

Her chapbook, Last to Leave, is now available. Her narrative poetry collection will be published by Jane's Boy Press in June 2016.

A former assistant editor at American Short Fiction, Grim