Start by marking “Never Binge Again: Reprogram Yourself to Think Like a Permanently Thin Person” as Want to Read:
Never Binge Again: Reprogram Yourself to Think Like a Permanently Thin Person

Never Binge Again: Reprogram Yourself to Think Like a Permanently Thin Person

If you struggle with binge eating, emotional eating, stress eating, or if you repeatedly manage to lose weight only to gain it all back, you may be approaching things with the wrong mindset.

Most contemporary thought on overeating and bingeing focuses on healing and self-love. But people who've overcome food addiction and weight issues often report it was more like ca

Published October 10th 2015 by Psy Tech Inc.

Start your review of Never Binge Again: Reprogram Yourself to Think Like a Permanently Thin Person
Mischenko
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Never Binge Again was just OK for me. It wasn't super helpful and will definitely not cure everyone's eating habits. I feel food choices are most important in gaining control of "the pig" and unless you conquer that, the binge behavior may return. Somehow you have to develop a healthy relationship with food, which is really hard in Western culture if you ask me. I can update now in 2020 that the best thing that ever happened to me was Anthony William’s thyroid protocol, which removes wheat, eggs ...more
Heema Shirvaikar
Usually, if I don't have a good review for a book, or if I just don't like a book or it doesn't resonate personally with me, I just sort of leave it alone. I wouldn't go out of my way to bash anything, because liking any literature is subjective and being a writer myself, I know the kind of effort that goes in writing anything, even a bad book. But when someone is basically selling advertisement and a potentially dangerous thought which might influence several people disguised as a book, well th ...more
Michelle
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
I really thought I'd cracked it when I read this book. I thought I'd found 'the one', the one that was going to finally help me get some of my bad eating habits under control. But... no.

I've only read a few self-help books, on various topics, but I always find that they basically state the obvious, and tell you what you (kind of) already know. And yet, quite a lot of the time, that's what you need - you just need someone to say it, maybe in a slightly different way to how you've thought of it be
Kathy
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
The only reason this book gets 4 stars is because I gained some truly valuable insights from reading it. The concept of "pig" and "pig slop" and the importance of a food plan has helped change the way I think about food. I eat much better and feel like I am much more disciplined after applying the principles taught in this book.
That said this book is repetitive and not all that well written. If you struggle with over eating then this is worth reading.
Please note that he repetitively suggest yo
joyce calhoun
Mar 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
I will not recommend this book

I do not agree that our speech is all that separates us from monkeys. So to me your book is pig slop.
Margo
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
In my opinion this book is the only book that offers a solution to binge behaviors that is 100% effective, and that in and of itself makes it worth the read. While I can see people having issues with the philosophy around the book that would make people who suffer from mental illnesses involving binge addictions very upset, for someone who doesn't have a substantial diagnosis but needs to get their eating habits in order, this book is the answer! How do you never binge again? You decide to never ...more
Clark Goble
Sep 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
I typically don't bother writing reviews for books I didn't like. Heck, if I'm being honest, I typically don't finish a book I don't like. This is one of those instances. I picked up this book of because of the promise embedded in its title, "Never Binge Again." As someone who has always struggled with maintaining a healthy diet, this book appealed to me. In this book, Livingston spends a great many pages explaining that we need to change the way we look at our inner binge eater. Rather than lov ...more
J
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
I wanted to edit my review, because people kept liking the review and probably buying the book based off of it. Long-term, this book did not work for me. It didn’t really offer long term solutions, just short term tricks.
Lin
Apr 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm sure glad this was a freebie, because if I'd have paid even .99, I'd feel ripped off. Written by a psychologist, it reads like a bad 2:00 am infomercial with !!lots!! of emphasis by !!CAPITAL!! letters and !!UNNECESSARY!! exclamation points!!! and links to his website (where, of course, you can sign up for !!!MORE!!!). *ugh*

At one point, the author says, "You don't have to do what I say, it's ultimately up to YOU to change."

Duh. I think I'll take that advice, over any other in this waste of
Sonya
Dec 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Thinking of the part of myself that binges as the Pig with its own insidious ways of getting me to binge is a mind trick but it might be useful for some people. More resonant for me is the idea of having a food plan that I follow 100%. Bright lines that eliminate the need to debate if and when I'll eat a particular food.
SheLove2Read
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, non-fiction
I can see why some readers rated this on the lower end of the scale, but I also believe those readers either a) don't truly have an eating disorder, or b) won't acknowledge the truth of their eating disorder.

As someone who has struggled most of their adult life with binge eating/depression/anxiety, I got this on a personal level. I've heard it said that half the battle is changing your mindset, and this book helped me to begin that process. By taking the gratification feeling out of binge eatin
Jacob O'connor
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Owen repackaged, but I needed this.  I'll follow up in a few months to let you know how much it helped.

Notes

Promises to teach you to trick yourself into not overeating.

Putting the possibility of failure out of your mind.  Even if you do fail

Naming your appetite "the pig".  Its squeals are not your thoughts

Aggressively separate yourself from this alter-ego

Write down your diet plan

Anything outside your plan is pig squealing

Keep your food plan private

Food in categories: Always, never, som
E J
Feb 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Terrible formatting. Bad grammar. If an infomercial was written down with ALL THE RANDOM YELLING! AND FORCED POSITIVITY! AND THE OVER SIMPLIFIED FALSE PROMISES! you would get this book.
Maybe he was able to make it free because he didn't fork out for an editor.
I could never recommend a book that uses negative self talk as a tool to treat something that can be part of an eating disorder! But I guess it could be effective for some people who are into that.
Kayo
Sep 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Glad it was free. Wasn't worth a penny. Ugh!
Alice Huerta
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally the answer to stop the binge diet cycle.

I have struggled for 20 years with Yo-Yo Dieting, losing and gaining back the same 10 pounds. This book kills the destructive self talk and rationalizations that kept me repeating this fruitless pattern. I read the book in 2 days with the help of the audio format. Immediately I am seeing positive results and feeling joyful.
Christine
May 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Fun, emphatic writing that gets incredibly repetitive. Admittedly, the author has a refreshing message about food consumption, and makes references to brushing teeth or obeying the law to convince the reader that rule making and following is definitely doable. I started skimming though after a third of the book because I was tired of reading chapters that could be condensed to 1/4 of their actual length. There were also way too many links to online resources distracting from much of the content.
Jacqueline Bolaños
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny and easy to understand this book had everything I need it to know about how to stop the habit of binge eating (or pretty much any other bad habit).
I am very thankful to the writer not only he made it available and free for everyone, but he also provides all the worksheet and audio you need to take the control over your bad habit, also completely free.

A really cool book that if you take seriously it can help you overcome bingle eating.

In case you wonder I do not agree with the whole metaph
Jessica
Mar 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I recently found a website called Book Bub that sends you daily emails with e-books that are free that day on Amazon based on your genre preferences. This is one of the books sent to me a while back.

The concept of this book is great. The execution of it was not the best. The voice was annoying to say the least.

Just never binge again. That's it. Got it? Get it? Good.

"In fact, you don't even really need this book. To stop, just draw 100% clear lines and stop."

"We all must make a decision in this
Bianca
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first reaction was "Wait, this book tries to convince you that it's not you who's responsible for your eating behavior, it's The Pig inside you. Like it's not your fault that you're stuffing your face with cookies."
But what it says is that actually you don't need to identify with those destructive thoughts, because they don't represent who you are and your life goals. You can see them as what they are (read: Pig Squeal) and let go, instead of getting caught up in them.
This book had me say "I'
Anita
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i read this book to fulfill the goal "read a non fiction book" I laughed, I cried. i can truly say it changed my life. I am not a Pig (a criminal monster who will do anything to get her next bite of food--not a cute barnyard animal) i do not eat pig slop. i will never binge again...(120 pg) by the way this book is free on Amazon, and it comes with a bunch of bonuses.
Yari
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was going to put the book down because of the whole mildly annoying 'cage the pig!' visualization technique but I'm glad I didn't. The last few chapters are gold! Really good teachings throughout the book - can be put to use with any addiction.
DavidO
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-or-5-stars
this is a book about taking your animalistic impulse to overheat or binge and calling it the pig. It sounds kind of silly, but I think it works rather it works rather well.
Rosa Bustinza
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Useful!

I really enjoyed this reading. I've never had actual problems with food binge, but this little book not only make you think twice about your food habits but your general habits as well. You realize that we also have other kinds of Pigs living inside us. A good ebook to learn how to control mind and emotions, not just related to food but to other life aspects too.
Omar
May 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
The book is built around one technique that could easily be summarized into like a couple pages instead of filling the pages with ads of his website and tools.

Did I learn anything from this book?
Well some tips and tricks proved useful and hopefully will remain so in the long run, I also had a few laughs during this read, but his writing style is really off putting to me at times because it treats one as a child. A lot. And many of his methods are just unreliable and you can easily ignore them.
Rachel Travers
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Solid theory

Such a simple concept revealed here it’s almost comical. I feel like...duh! I should inherently know this stuff (but obviously not, seeing as how I felt the need to read the book in the first place). Now to apply the ideas. There was some solid advice given here, much of which I’ve taken to heart and will employ.

To look at me you may not think/know I struggle on the daily with food addiction/binging. I’m committing to caging my squealing pig now.
Vivian
Aug 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
No. No I will not call my craving mind the Pig, and then tell the Pig to stop squealing to shut off the craving. Repetitious, badly edited, and lots of 'screaming' - this book is to be avoided. Read at your own risk...
Mai Moanes
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finally ! A book by someone who actuallu understands the struggle anc has been through it himself..This book has helped me a ton & its application can extend to further areas of your life beyond youf relationship with food... ...more
Abbigayle Palm
Jun 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
One star is over generous.

If you have ever struggled with disordered eating or an eating disorder, especially Bulimia nervosa it binge eating disorder, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK!! This book is a quick way to go deeper into disordered eating and mindset. I highly encourage the book “intuitive eating” and also the use of a HAES dietician, but this book should be avoided at all costs if you are seeking help in eating disorder recovery or just want to stop yo yo dieting!
Piotr Karaś
This book contains a lot of good advice on how to cope with the uncontrolled desire to binge eat. However, I think most of the insights presented by the author also apply to other compulsive behaviors such as compulsive trading, gambling, etc. with the bad habit represented in the form of a Pig. The key to success is the iron discipline - to NEVER do it again, no matter what!
Kim
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, first and foremost I wanna say, this book
Isn’t for everyone. But, it was PERFECT for me. In today’s society we’re supposed to talk nice to ourselves, accept everything and every body image out there. I, am different. My family can attest to this. When I’m on a strict food/exercise plan I literally tell my kids and husband to get rude with me if I deviate off my goals. This book was speaking my language. Calling my cravings and binges my “inner pig” is exactly how I would talk.

I highlighte
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Plenty More: Vibrant Vegetable Cooking from London's Ottolenghi
  • Rebel Chef: In Search of What Matters
  • Everything Is Under Control: A Memoir with Recipes
  • Find Your Path: Honor Your Body, Fuel Your Soul, and Get Strong with the Fit52 Life
  • Plenty
  • The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
  • Momofuku
  • The Blue Zones Kitchen: 100 Recipes to Live to 100
  • Cookie Recipes
  • How to Eat: All Your Food and Diet Questions Answered
  • Dirt: Adventures, with Family, in the Kitchens of Lyon, Looking for the Origins of French Cooking
  • Chicken Recipes: Delicious and Easy Chicken Recipes
  • The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook
  • Five Ingredient Cookbook: Easy Recipes in 5 Ingredients or Less
  • Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
  • Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes That Rock
  • The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making
  • The Fast 800: How to Combine Rapid Weight Loss and Intermittent Fasting for Long-Term Health

News & Interviews

“We can stop behaving against our own best judgment and pursue our goals and aspirations without ongoing sabotage.” 1 likes
“While there IS definitely merit in keeping track of streaks for the first 90 days or so to help establish new habits, it’s a serious mistake in my not-so-humble opinion to seek public recognition for it. Here’s why… Publicly counting the number of days, months, or years it’s been since you last Binged is like shouting out the length of time you’ve been obeying the law in the public square.  In our society the law is the law and we simply expect people to comply—we don’t give them a medal when they do!” 0 likes