Start by marking “Shadow of the Owl” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Owl

Read Book

Shadow of the Owl

“Like a vivid, quicker paced Terry Brooks..." -- John Robin, author of Blood Dawn.

In a kingdom populated with nomadic elves and human colonists, pampered princess Mylena lives a charmed life. Her world is thrown into turmoil however, the night her mother loses her throne, her kingdom and her life.

Forced to flee the castle, Mylena must live in secret amongst the peasants
Published October 4th 2015 by Gold Leaf Books

Clota Santa
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes! Very good!

This book would benefit a revision on some of the grammatical aspects, but the story was so nicely done this was easily overlooked. A more discerning reader may continue to call the author out on it though.

I loved the heroine. The book paces nicely and is very descriptive. I had a hard time pronouncing the names though so that might be something to consider. I love the unusual and the author does well with it and doesn't make it too campy or give me the feeling that I've 'read thi
Amber Tran
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was addictive. I really enjoyed the author's imagination--the world that she created for us, the multitude of characters with their own backgrounds, and the use of language in telling this mythical tale. One of my favorite scenes included Mylena losing the dye in her hair in the rain. I loved that scene so much! My only issue with this tale is that it got very confusing in some parts. This could have been my own doing (not taking my time to read the details) but I had to go back over a ...more
Nicole
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I hate headlines...

******SPOILER AT END OF REVIEW******I'm always bad at leaving reviews. I enjoyed the book. It was an interesting story, with interesting "powers". One of the things that drives me crazy about fantasy stories is names. If I don't know how to properly pronounce the names, whenever I come to that name, it trips me up and interrupts the flow of the story. The story was good, and I enjoyed it. The world was interesting. The building of the world seemed very natural and not forced.
Philip Ligon
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shadow of the Owl is enjoyable from beginning to end. It is quick paced and full of colorful characters who pull you into the story. In fact, there were times I wished the story slowed down a just a bit so that some of the characters could be developed a little more and further enrich the world that has been envisioned. Recommend for anyone who enjoys a fantasy adventure of good vs evil. Looking forward to the next book!
Erin
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Solid first book from Ms. Orneck-- she knows how to spin a complicated tale and I'm very much looking forward to subsequent books from her!

A bit slow to start in terms of getting used to the writing style, but she builds a very intriguing world and I can't wait for more adventures for Mylena.

Erin
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys the world of Tolkien and to anyone who enjoys books who feature strong female characters.
Marianne
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Good story, likeable characters. Can't wait to read more.
Pauline Lim
Dec 09, 2015
Lisa L George
Feb 23, 2019
Amanda Orneck
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Meghan
Jeff
Apr 29, 2017
Chandaly
May 02, 2017
“Turning his back on the village of Unwin, Chiave lumbered into the forest, barely able to walk under the weight of all he carried.” 0 likes
“We live in a magic time, Kanefionn Stoneweaver. Who is to say that it is not you who create these marvels?” 0 likes