Start by marking “Death of a Modern King (Stormy Day Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Death of a Modern King (Stormy Day Mystery #4)

Death of a Modern King

(Stormy Day Mystery #4)

Book 4 in the hot, new cozy series fans are buzzing about! Each book in the STORMY DAY MYSTERY series may be read as a stand-alone novel.

"A laugh-out-loud humorous cozy mystery with a charming detective and a page-turning 'whodunit' that'll keep you guessing right to the end!"

Book 4: A suspicious death at the Koenig Estate has everyone talking. Stormy Day was there when
Published November 12th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Death of a Modern King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death of a Modern King

Vicki
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful cozy mystery this was.

I just love Stormy Day and her dad, Finnegan Day. they make a great team. Logan Sanderson is a great tenant and new boyfriend. I was really happy in the last book that they decided to try dating. Stormy's roommate is Jessica and then there is the little gray cat Jeffrey. There are other drop in people from the last book, so I really felt like I was a part of the collective.

The death was not even being considered murder until Stormy made noises to the pol
Tracie
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Another good read

I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others but I did enjoy none the less. I felt like this book left some things open that I hope will be wrapped up in the next book.
Linda Lundy
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another wonderful book in the Stormy Day series. I didn't want to put this one down once I started reading. The characters and the plot held my attention from the very beginning. After being invited to breakfast at the Koenig estate in Misty Falls, Stormy and her hunky boyfriend Logan soon find themselves involved in solving a suspicious death. There is humor, fun and mystery throughout the story as Stormy tries to put all of the puzzle pieces together in order to figure out if the death ...more
Kim j
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

** I did receive this book from the author**

Another fantastic book in the Stormy Day series. I have enjoyed each book & how each character is drawn out book by book so you really get to know them, not just bits & pieces. Stormy keeps everyone jumping & searches for the truth. These books are turning out to be more than just cozies so lookout Stephanie Plum...

I cannot wait for the next one & this one is not really out yet! Thanks Angela for another good book. Please kee
Jana Gundy
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A true delight

I liked Stormy back in her town and solving crimes. She and Dimples made a good team for this one. The writing was great like always and the mysteries as entertaining as ever. I will say that I wasn’t that thrilled with some of the relationship matters between Stormy and Logan, he’s not very nice sometimes.
Diane Ritter
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was just so-so...it held my attention, but there were times when I caught myself wondering when it was going to be over. I like most of the characters and especially enjoy the quirkiness of the friendships. Not a fan of Della, but she has her place, and she's not all bad. When are we going to meet Sunny Day???
Brian Davis
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Angela Pepper continues to produce a fast paced mystery while also adding depth and texture to her characters. Stormy, Jessica and Logan all gain some facets while solving a convoluted crime and some old friends pop up. These are really fun reads, with characters you'll like and enough twists to hold your interest.

I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Jo Knight
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The plot thickens..

A will is to be read, after a death in the family. Heirs and heiresses are coming out of the woodwork, but is it a death,or a murder? Too many suspects, too many clues. And surprises for everyone, especially Stormy Day! Another addictive instalment for you to get your teeth into. Highly recommended reading.
Nadine
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh.....just ok.....don't like the main character much. I do however love all the rest????? IDK...maybe it's just me. For this story the mystery was just ok...could've revolved around the boys a lot more. And it could've been a little funnier. Oh well.....Happy Reading :)
Veronica Knack
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great plot!

What an adventure this was with Stormy! I had my suspicions but the plot made me wonder. I like the quirky way Stormy gets involved in mysteries and her laid-back manner of solving them. Onward to #5!
diana romano
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stormy day mystery book 4

Another winner. This author writs great storylines and characters in every book. I highly recommend all her different series of books. She has a great sense of humour. Diana Romano
Gillian
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed getting to know all of the characters in this series. Looking forward to the next installment.
Sarah Booth
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

Interesting story. So far none are as good as the first but they are different enough to keep from being obvious with enough red herrings. Good story.
Amie E. Mjos-Reisig
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, and keeps you guessing.

I truly enjoyed reading this book. I was giggling through most of it, as I puzzled over the mystery. This is a great series.
Sharal
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By far one of the best in the series.. many quirky moments of the "Day" had me in splits. The plotline, story development was so good that, I'll admit this time, i couldn't guess the killer!
The author really stepped up her game in her riveting mystery :) Best book in the series so far!
Patricia Steele
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
The fourth book in the Stormy Day Mystery series Death of a Modern King does not disappoint. Each book is entertaining and fun. This was probably my second favourite in the series. A nice light read and with a lot of humour and quirkiness which makes it a really fun read.
Kelly
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay. So. Stormy gets into a lot of crazy situations. Given the alarming regularity in which she stumbles over dead bodies, I worry the town will start shunning her soon. Nah, I'm just kidding. There will be no shunning. The town (mostly) loves her. She has friends tucked away everywhere she looks and a whole stable of men who keep giving her lovey-dovey eyes. *coughs pointedly at Officer Dimples*

She does, however, have an incredible talent for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Or mayb
Indie Editor Nancy
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy cozy mysteries then you need to experience Stormy Day. This is her forth book and having read all in the series, I do believe this one is the best story yet. Stormy Day is a small business owner in the small town of Misty Falls Oregon. She shares a duplex with her boyfriend/lawyer Logan and with her feline companion Jeffrey and Stormy's roommate Harper. Stormy's father Finnegan Day is a retired police officer who taught his daughter everything he knows about the law and catching cri ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stormy Day Mysteries, Cozy Mystery #1 Death of a Dapper Snowman #2 Death of a Crafty Knitter #3 Death of a Batty Genius #4 Death of a Modern King #5 - Death of a Double Dipper coming soon
actually got #1 and #2 free then bought the Stormy Day Mystery 4 Collection

some KU some not all should be available in sets

Writer suggested reading order:

Stormy Day Mysteries
#1 - Death of a Dapper Snowman #2 - Death of a Crafty Knitter #3 - Death of a Batty Genius #4 - Death of a Modern King Stormy Day Mystery 4
Jessica Widjaja
I hated Logan in this book... anyone else feel the same way? I felt that he was taking Stormy for granted, he was selfish, he walked all over her, and she just lets him....
Anima
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure
Stormy Day just can't go anywhere without finding a body. Her sleuthing skills have started to outshine her retired cop father and are rubbing off on Dimples. The murders are always intriguing and the banter very normal but what I love the most is everyone underestimates Stormy. She is fabulous, smart, a little kooky and a romantic. While she works with Logan, her boyfriend/renter/lawyer, we didn't see as much of Logan as I wanted. This is a series that could go on forever and each book could be ...more
Wendy
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed this series. And the stories just keep getting better.

In this book, Stormy and her boyfriend Logan are invited to breakfast in the home of a powerful man in Misty Falls. But when they get there, they encounter a murder scene. As the story progresses, we see Stormy try to solve the crime with every new information that she receives and/or seeks out. There are many twists and turns that I did not see coming. I was highly entertained and couldn’t wait to find out what will ha
Donna
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Plum move over Stormy Day is here. Stormy may not be as slapstick as Stephanie but she is just as laugh out loud funny. This series just keep getting better and better. Stormy Day has left her successful heart attack job in the big city and moved back to her small hometown where like Jessica Fletcher she happens upon murder and mayhem. With the help of her father, retired cop Finn Day, and her boyfriend Logan the lawyer and various other characters Stormy will fill your Day with sunshi ...more
Gail
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Death of a Modern King is #4 in Angela Pepper's Stormy Day Series. The characters in this book are well developed. I feel like they could be my next door neighbors. Stormy is very likeable. She trying so very hard to be a detective She is very good but most people don't believe in female sleuts until she actually solves the crime. Stormy kept me guessing who done it to the very end. Angela is a great writer. Her books are fun light easy reads. I highly reecommend this light, fun fast paced book ...more
Sandee
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laptop
Another excellent Stormy Day mystery. Angela Pepper is so good at creating characters that I care about and commiserate with and laugh at (or with). Stormy and her roommate Jessica feel like friends and next door neighbors. I get everything about Jeffery and see so much of my own pets in his every mannerism. The mysteries are complex and intriguing. I enjoy this series so very much that it is hard to wait for the next book.
Sherry
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Real Page Turner!

Stormy Day, despite her name, is really a breath of fresh air! She is smart, observant, very competent, but most of all has a great sense of humor. I just love her interactions with her new boyfriend, Logan (aka: Dr. Feelgreat!) & Officer Dimples (aka Kyle)!!! The story was well written & has just enough suspense & surprises for a cozy mystery. I guess it can be read by itself but you get so much more if you read the entire series.
Kitten  Peters
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Delightful books.

This author stands right beside K.P.Morgan with writing a page turning story. She leaves you on until the end to find the murderer. I loved all these books. Misty Falls and the characters come to life under the storylines of Angela Pepper. I sure hope she pins another book to carry on Stormy Day and friends.
Girlfred2
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story with lots of laughs.

Another funny and wild adventure for our favorite almost private detective Stormy Day. Stormy finds herself in the middle of another mystery in her hometown. Who is the right heir to the "Kings" fortune after his suspicious death. Keeps you guessing and laughing til the end.
Leslie
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another entertaining book by Angela Pepper. Nice to have both previous and new characters romping through the pages. Now we have to wait for the next installment.

20 more words are required. Too bad I can't just do a review using stars. It is easier if I don't like a book.
Cher Simmons
Note-I received an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

Death of a Modern King is my favourite so far. This is a series that just keeps getting better. I really love how Stormy's sleuthing skills grow with each new book. This one really kept me guessing right up the very end.
  • Fire and Romance (Hope Falls Book 15)
  • Murder on the Hill (Harley Hill Mysteries, #1)
  • Reluctant Romance
  • Mr. Wrong (A New York Minute Book 1)
  • Dolled Up to Die (The Cate Kincaid Files, #2)
  • Nine Lives Last Forever (The Cats and Curios Mystery Series, #2)
  • Miss Adventure
  • The Celebrity Cat Caper (A Klepto Cat Mystery #6)
  • Daisy McDare and the Deadly Rock Star Affair (Daisy McDare #5)
  • Summer in Sweetwater County (Sweetwater County, #3)
  • Sprinkles and Skeletons: A Cozy Murder Mystery (Pelican Cove Cozy Mystery Series Book 4)
  • Slippery Solicitors (Piece of Cake Mysteries, #4)
  • Juicy Jersey (Mina Kitchen #5)
Angela Pepper lives with her family in the rainy Pacific Northwest, surrounded by spoiled kitties, deer, raccoons, and the biggest woodpeckers you've ever seen.

Stormy Day Mystery (5 books)
  • Death of a Dapper Snowman (Stormy Day Mystery #1)
  • Death of a Crafty Knitter (Stormy Day Mystery #2)
  • Death of a Batty Genius (Stormy Day Mystery #3)
  • Death of a Double Dipper (Stormy Day Mystery #5)
“If it’s the butler, he may be a bodyguard, too. It sure looks like he’s familiar with evasive driving techniques.” Kyle snorted. “My training’s better than a butler’s.” “Sure, but do you know which tiny fork is used for escargot?” 1 likes
“Duchess of Kankersores in” 0 likes