Start by marking “Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them” as Want to Read:

Heal Your Body is a fresh and easy step-by-step guide. Just look up your specific health challenge and you will find the probable cause for this health issue and the information you need to overcome it by creating a new thought pattern.
Published January 1st 1984 by Hay House (first published May 1st 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Heal Your Body, please sign up.
Mamata Mahanta my nake back pain in 1 month so how solved my back pain.

Jenger
Aug 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those interested in the mind/body connection
Recommended to Jenger by: Pat Barnes
Shelves: books-i-own
In dealing with chronic pain a friend referred this book to me as an alternative to the traditional medicine that wasn't as effective as necessary. It's just a short book which lists different diseases and physical ailments and what are perceived as the psychological reasonings behind those pains. I've always believed there is some connection between mind and body, I just never considered the specific relationship between each part of the body and the psyche. It was actually a very enlightening ...more
Heather
Apr 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
What can I say about a book written by a woman who states that babies are born with birth defects because they CHOOSE to be born that way?? Nothing good! At all! Shame on you Louise Hay!
GlobeRunner
I read this booklet right after the popular science book “Microbe Hunters” (Paul de Kruif), in which I found this statement, as true now as it was when the book was written in 1926: "Murderous germs are everywhere, sneaking into all of us, yet they are able to assassinate only some of us, and that question of the strange resistance of the rest of us is still just as much an unsolved puzzle as it was in those days of the roaring eighteen-eighties when men were ready to risk dying to prove that th ...more
Joanne
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is my health bible - dare to tell me you have an ailment and I will be flicking through the pages to tell you what the emotional cause could be. Battered and bruised I carry it with me always. It helps you understand the emotional roots for ill-health and support the idea that we really can heal ourselves more often than we think
Big H
Oct 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
I understand that positive thinking can go a long way in improving your general health, but please don't insinuate that it can fully cure slipped discs, cystic fibrosis, AIDS...if positive thinking and chanting, "THIS MOMENT IS FILLED WITH JOY. I NOW CHOOSE TO EXPERIENCE THE SWEETNESS OF TODAY" would cure my Diabetes Mellitus, trust me--I would've been able to toss my needles and meters a long time ago!
Laura Cantu
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone in need of healing
Louis L. Hay presents a useful and seemingly accurate perspective on why our bodies may express discomfort. I highly recommend this book to anyone that is in need of healing. This book encourages us to use the power of our minds to influence our healing processes. Heal Your Body can help you gain insight into your purpose, the obstacles you face, and sheds light onto those things that can be difficult to face. Using this clear and easy to use "manual" can help bring not only healing, but joy and ...more
Allison
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone interested
Recommended to Allison by: The Author
Wow. I've known about affirmations and that they work for promoting behavioral changes since I was very young. I can remember doing affirmations when I was in middle school (I was born in 1967). I can't remember having actively used them in the past 15 years. That is about to dramatically change.

I've suffered from clinical depression for decades and I feel like Louise Hay's insights may profoundly change IMPROVE my day-to-day life. I know this for certain, it will not hurt or make things worse.

S
Thebookvamp
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gives the positive waves to our body... "YOU ARE WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE" is the basic of this book. Its about how we can mentally heal our physical body "metaphysical". It gives a detailed healing method for every pain and suffer u have in ur body and mind, with no medicines or treatments but by Your Thoughts. I think its very useful to have it in our hands. Physical pain goes or not, am sure... if we follow, we feel Positive.
Allirock
Jun 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Well, if you know me, you know I am into ways of natural healing and all that hippie crap. So, Bev gave me this book and I really did love it. Even though it is more like a guide than a book, I really learned a lot from it. Saying the affirmations in it really have helped me with my anxiety.
Nancy Mramor-Kajuth
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Louise Hay offers an explanation for illness that is different from the medical perspective and takes into account the whole person. She is a ground-breaking author and spiritual teacher with a wealth of wisdom to offer.
Sleeping with Ghosts
Un librito cortito, que se lee en una hora, aunque estate preparado para no sentirte hipocondriac@. Muy ciertas las razones de los malestares, en muchos estaba consciente de que así eran. Recomendable para aquellos que quieran cambiar sus vidas.
Ryan Barone
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was referred to this book by a famous hypnotist named Steven Parkfield. This book is a companion book to heal your life, which is by the same author. This book is amazing, and may sound somewhat OUT THERE at first, just start examining others around you who suffer from problems, you will then start to see how right this book is. I was a cigarette smoker for awhile, and after reading this book I quit. Now, this had nothing to do with "reading" the book, but everything to do with implementing th ...more
Sara
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
it was interesting to say the least, but not my cup if tea. well i do agree with some things she says, but not with everything else. i.e. about eye sight in regards to near sightedness? i've had bad eye sight since i was a child. as a child not even 10, i was not afraid of the future? the future was allicould think about andhow exiting it would be growing up. and i accepted guidence and i knew i was safe...

well... i guess its each to their own.
Julie
Dec 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Potentially very dangerous book that tells people you can cure very real and very dangerous illnesses (such as cancer) by ... forgiving people? No thanks ...

Anyone who is ill should stay away from this book ...
Wendy Fierstein
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Opened my eyes to how our emotions truly affect our physical. Very insightful. I loved it.
Noor Abu Hassan
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The amazing Louise Hay 💖💖💖 I am grateful always. Good Book.
Aisha
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
It’s the metaphysical healing process for physical and metal ailments.. it would suits anyone with awareness and believing that affirmation works like any medication.. You can refer to this book whenever an illness appear and practice those affirmations however for me it helped me detect what are the thought patterns causing me all these health issues and to my surprised most of the “new thought patterns” were almost identical or had similarities. Now I have to workout on those common thought pA ...more
Lourdes Cambridge
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOUISE HAY WAS WORKING WITH AIDS WHEN MERILYN TUNNESHENDE CAME ALONG, LOOKING FOR AN ENDORSEMENT. BELIEVE I.T. OR NOT...LOUISE WAS AFRAID...WHICH IS UTTERLY AMAZING...GIVEN THE INFORMATION THAT SHE PUTS OUT. BUT IT IS THE TRUTH. THE AWESOME THING IS THAT LOUISE IS NOT FAR FROM BEING CORRECT IN HER MENTAL AND VERBAL AFFIRMATIONS AND ASSERTIONS. THAT IS NOT TO FEED EGO...BUT RATHER TO GUIDE TOWARDS HUMILITY...REPARATIONS AND ACCURACY.
Gemma
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is a really short book read within an hour. I love the book as it offer alternative ways of healing. It does not claim to cure anyone and it has a different perspective on a persons healing process.

If you don’t believe in spiritual or alternative healing then this book is definitely not for you. Although the affirmations are incredible and still worth using.
Theresa
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual, medical
pretty awesome little book. I found that a lot of these illnesses was/is right on with the causes. Now to put it to the test.
Ellen Naylor
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mind-body
Louise Hay is awesome. I have enjoyed reading several of her books.
Iroquois
neat!
quick little reference book to mind-body connection to common illnesses
Gordana Vuckovic-Glusac
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The movies of my mind are beautiful because I choose to make them so. I love me.
Alma Rivera
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Katie
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: health, nonfiction
I have mixed feelings about this book. I DO believe that the mind and body are connected, and that if you're more optimistic, you will be overall healthier. Studies show that people who are optimistic about their outcome during cancer treatments are more likely to go into remission. I do believe that anger and fear and bitter feelings slowly poison our bodies, as well as our minds. Having said that, I don't think our minds control ALL of our illnesses, but I do think we can affect our health. So ...more
Maja
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author suggests that our mental state and outlooks can be the causes behind physical problems, an idea that i do not disagree with. It lists specific health problems and lists possible negative thoughts/mindsets that could be hiding behind them and suggests positive affirmations in order to change these mindsets/thought patterns. The list said list is very specific. How accurate is each specific relationship between the problems and causes is I guess for each person to decide on their own, h ...more
Librarianne
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't know, I couldn't get into this book. I'm always looking for good books on positive manifestation / the law of attraction, but I read her biography and the very beginning of the first chapter, and, I don't know....is it me, or is she really judgmental? Not just towards others, but to herself as well. I also think she's taking the law of attraction waaaaay too literally. While I get the concept, I found some of her notions to be rather far-fetched (not EVERYTHING is our fault - and I doubt ...more
Nessa
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I find this to be a very informative and encouraging read. The book talks about awakening within us the ability to contribute to our own healing process. It shows us how many mental issues can cause physical illness, and how we can begin to help ourselves through positive affirmations as well as a positive mental attitude about ourselves. I understand what the author is saying and I'm definitely going to follow the steps in the book. Very interesting and inspiring.
ProsperityJoy ProsperityJoy
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book years ago but I'm sure it's just as insightful through its numerous editions. The book touches on deep metaphysical principles when applied can have amazing results for mind, body, and soul. Of course, the work is always with the individual and books like this can only point the way. Worth reading and referring to from time to time.
Alex Lee
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, psyche, mystical, medical
I am not sure what to make of this book.

Undoubtably there is a connection between thought, feeling and bodily health, but I can't figure out how to express it. Some of the prayers/mantras seem very apt for the bodily health issue. Others not so much.
  • Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • Spontaneous Healing
  • Prescription for Nutritional Healing: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements
  • Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine
  • Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
  • Hidden Messages in Water
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Love, Medicine & Miracles by Bernie S. Siegel (1986-05-03)
  • Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing
  • The Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spirtual Power to Know and Heal
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Soul Stories
  • Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
Louise Hay was born to a poor mother who married Hay's violent stepfather. When she was about five, she was raped by a neighbor. At fifteen she dropped out of high school without a diploma, became pregnant, and on her sixteenth birthday gave up her newborn baby girl for adoption.

She moved to Chicago, where she worked in menial jobs, before moving in 1950 to New York. At this point she changed her
“PROBLEM: Shoulders See: Joints, Round Shoulders PROBABLE CAUSE: Represent our ability to carry out experiences in life joyously. We make life a burden by our attitude. NEW THOUGHT PATTERN: I choose to allow all my experiences to be joyous and loving.” 1 likes