Start by marking “Entromancy (Nightpath Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Entromancy (Nightpath Trilogy #1)

Entromancy (Nightpath Trilogy #1)

2076 is not a good year to be a special agent. A quarter of the world's power runs on ceridium, a newly discovered element that has had the unintended consequence of spawning a new race of people, and several forms of magic that were once thought to have been forgotten. Eskander Aradowsi is an agent of NIGHT, a paramilitary force created to contain and control this new ...more
Published November 5th 2015 by Nightpath Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Entromancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entromancy

Start your review of Entromancy (Nightpath Trilogy #1)
Amber Bangsund
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Entromancy: Book One of the Nightpath Trilogy

Author: M.S. Farzan

Excerpt: I fought to stay calm. I could hear my pulse pounding in my ears, matching the drumming in my temple, and I kept forgetting to breathe. I hedged, knowing that I could leave, taking the auric with me for questioning, but I wouldn’t have time to evacuate the people upstairs. I wasn’t familiar with being unsure of my next course of action, and I didn’t care for the feeling.

I had neither the time to give the defuse
Kit Campbell
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
I am in love with the worldbuilding on this one. Seriously, it’s amazing. It’s hard to write science fiction with fantasy races and have it make sense, but by jove, I have now seen it done. The book is almost worth it just for that aspect.

Luckily, it’s also good in other ways. The writing is good, the characterization is good, the plot is slightly predictable but still eminently readable, and, seriously, A+ on the worldbuilding. There are some infodumps throughout that could have been shortened
Laurie
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

Set about sixty years in our future this sci-fi adventure was fascinating. Eskander worked for the good guys, that is he thought he did until they set him up as a fall guy in an underhanded power-grab. He enters into an uneasy alliance with some members of the opposing coalition in an attempt to bring the injustice and the well-choreographed scheming to light. In the process, Eskander discovers a monstrous hidden plot with tentacles reaching the highest echelons of government.

This book was a
Siran
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by M.S. Farzan that I have read. If you count Hunger Games, this is the second science fiction book I have read.

This was a quick and easy book to read.

Each chapter had a quote at the beginning. I believe the quote made the chapter easier to follow.
The book also contained clever dialogue, use of magic and a character from Michigan. All of which made the book interesting.

I would like to read the next two books in this trilogy.

Nancy (The Avid Reader)
A group of misfits team up to save the world. The misfits have their own special magical abilities. They become a team when an agent of NIGHT, Eskander Aradowsi comes into their presents for the first time and everywhere Eskander ends up someone is shooting at him and whoever just happens to be as they say in the wrong place at the wrong time sort of thing. So his fight kind of becomes their fight I other words.

Entromancy or should I say Eskander takes us on a wild ride through the city
Robert
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story has a shadownrun feel to it, interesting mix of fantasy and science fiction. I would recommend to all to read it and I am sure you will enjoy it!
M.T. DeSantis
I received this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Read an excerpt and follow the Goddess Fish book tour here.
ENTROMANCY has one of the coolest speculative fiction worlds I’ve encountered in a while. The mix of magic and technology is an amazing blend that results in all kind of badassery from the characters. Backdropped against a sort of dystopian/Philip Marlow-ian cityscape, it felt like an epic D&D slipstream universe, complete with gnomes. I would have gladly
C Dove
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting read. Concept that an element causes trolls, gnomes...etc. that they existed in Medieval times because of this element is a new thought. The story spends most of its in action with moments of introspection to fill in the details. Time worn underlying theme of different is "racially" dangerous. All differences are dangerous!
Jim
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entromancy: Books One of the Nightpath Trilogy is a delight to read. Will it change your life? No, but it is fun, the characters are like friends and the plot is entertaining. I wanted to keep reading, I wanted to learn more, I believe that the next book will even be better than this one and I am looking forward to reading it.
Bob
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Set in Future San Francisco area this tale is about the conflicts between normal humans and those that have been altered due to a drug interaction. Magic assisted by a newly found element and the strife between cultures. A some what confusing tale due to sketchy base of information on these new elements and the variety of powers they enable. Din't think I will go on to Nos. 2 & 3.
Michelle
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book too much!

I started reading in the afternoon and now it’s 3 am and I still haven’t had dinner! It’s good that I only got the first one since I actually have to work tomorrow. Great premise and an all around wonderful escape.
Freida Rosen
Jan 05, 2018
Lope Nieves
Nov 24, 2015
Terri Johns
rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2018
Mar 22, 2018
Terry Paul
Mar 16, 2018

• Marvel Firsts: The 1960s
  • Sekirei Volume 5 (Sekirei #5)
  • Demon Days (The Valens Legacy #12)
  • Trying Times (The Valens Legacy #14)
  • Sekirei Volume 4 (Sekirei #4)
  • IS〈インフィニット・ストラトス〉1 / IS Infinitto Sutoratosu [Infinite Stratos 1] (Infinite Stratos, #1)
  • Marvel Firsts: The 1970s Vol. 2
  • The Annunciate
  • Shortcuts (Other Places, #1)
  • Panacea (The ICE Sequence #1)
  • The Void Protocol (The ICE Sequence, #3)
  • The God Gene (The ICE Sequence #2)
  • Wrath (The Faithful and the Fallen, #4)
  • Legacy (Thaumatology, #3)
  • Books of Magic Vol. 1: Moveable Type (the Sandman Universe)
  • The Redemption of Althalus
  • The Dragon Seller
M. S. Farzan was born in London, UK and grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has a Ph.D. in Cultural and Historical Studies of Religions, and enjoys soccer, baseball, martial arts, and games of all kinds.