Start by marking “Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune” as Want to Read:
Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune

Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune

(Nancy Clancy Chapter Books #7)

Nancy Clancy learns about starting a business in the seventh chapter book in the Nancy Clancy chapter book series by New York Times bestselling team Jane O’Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser!

At first, Nancy Clancy thinks how great it would be to be wealthy—that’s elegant for rich. With the help of her best friend, Bree, she sets out to make a fortune one way or another.

But

Published June 7th 2016 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune

Start your review of Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune

Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune is the 7th book the in Fancy Nancy chapter books series.

When my older niece was younger she used to love the Fancy Nancy books. Then when she was 6 Jane O'Connor started writing the Nancy Clancy chapter books. My niece was so happy. Now that she is 10 she is probably a bit old for these books (I would say 7-8 would be the ideal age to read these). However, we still always read them together.

As an adult I enjoy Fancy Nancy. The books teach kids new words that they
Annie Risher
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It was good. It is a fun book. It is fun to read a book about a girl trying to get rich. because it is fun to see how she does it.
Lisa
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another cute yet good story about Nancy.

Nancy Clancy learns all about starting a business and making a fortune in the seventh chapter book in the Nancy Clancy chapter book series by New York Times bestselling team Jane O’Connor and Robin Preiss Glasser! How great would it be to be wealthy—that’s elegant for rich. Nancy Clancy sure thinks so, and with the help of her best friend, Bree, she sets out to make a fortune one way or another.

But when things don’t go as planned, Nancy learns something
Teresa Edmunds
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! It's the same formula as the other Nancy Clancy books, but it was informative and fun. Nancy's school class is learning about the California Gold Rush. The story includes interesting facts about that event. The idea of gold sets the students off to make money of their own. Some of the challenges and perks of being an entrepreneur are highlighted as well. In the end, Nancy learns that some things are better than money. The illustrations are delightful as well.
Jorey
Summary:
Nancy Clancy and her friends want to be wealthy! Everyone in the class starts up their own business to make money fast! Nancy and her best friend Bree try to come up with many ways to make money. They soon realize that being entrepreneurs is more work than they thought it would be! Will Nancy ever become wealthy? What business will work? Read Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune to find out!

Questions:
1. Have you ever found a treasure or antique? What did you do with it? If you haven't, what
Kaitlyn
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a book about a young girl named Nancy. After learning about the Gold Rush, she and her friends want to get rich too. In this book she and her classmates try out all kinds of ways to make money, like selling home made skin cream, making little crowns, lasso lessons, and a biscuit stand. They even try seeing if their old stuff would be worth any money. But they realize that running a business is much harder than they expected.

I thought this was a pretty good book. It's an easy read with a
Nerissa Meyer
Dec 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read some Fancy Nancys in the past because it seems as if every little girl is in love with those books. I think it's great that the author has made a series for older children who might still want to read about Nancy. One of the aspects I like about this book was how the author addressed difficult words by building definitions into the story.
Rebekah
Jul 12, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
It was OK except for the fact that it wasn't really a good story line.
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Classic Nancy in a new fun tale.
Allison
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
interesting
Justin
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-my-kids
My six-year-old daughter is huge into Nancy Clancy at the moment so we're working our way through the series. I enjoy reading them to her but this one doesn't rank among the best.
Crystal
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: tanzen-4-6
Cute story, and I enjoyed the lessons that money isn't everything. I was disappointed by a use of the Lord's name in an incorrect way. I would have rated it better if it hadn't been for that.
Hanna Forrest
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
fine
Courtney Umlauf
It seems everyone in class has a successful money-making venture on their hands, except Nancy and Bree. But the entrepreneurial spirit has taken hold, and they have a couple ideas to try. Will they be successful with homemade skin cream or hair accessories? Will they learn in the end that some things are more important than money?

Series Review | TpT Store | Pinterest
Carol
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
This is a very good series. What O'Connor started with Fancy Nancy is continuing in a timely, character-building way. A pleasure to read. Book #7, AR: 4.1
Marina Drobeck
Sep 14, 2016
Ayla
Dec 30, 2016
Hannah Roberts
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2018
Jene
Jun 25, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• In a Blink
  • Eva's Treetop Festival (Owl Diaries, #1)
  • Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime (Junie B. Jones, #14)
  • Junie B. Jones and the  Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones, #1)
  • Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! (P.S. So Does May.) (Junie B. Jones, #25)
  • Ivy and Bean
  • A Woodland Wedding (Owl Diaries, #3)
  • Eva and the New Owl (Owl Diaries, #4)
  • Eva Sees a Ghost (Owl Diaries, #2)
  • All Hail the Queen (Disney Frozen: Anna & Elsa, #1)
  • Meet Kirsten: An American Girl (American Girls: Kirsten, #1)
  • Horrible Harry in Room 2B (Horrible Harry, #1)
  • Horrible Harry and the Hallway Bully
  • Tales from a Not-So-Happy Birthday (Dork Diaries, #13)
  • When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1)
  • Gooney Bird Greene
  • Horrible Harry and the Scarlet Scissors
  • Roxy (The Puppy Place #55)
Since the publication of Fancy Nancy, Jane O'Connor's closet now boasts so many boas, tiaras, and sparkly ensembles that sometimes friends do not recognize her on the street. She still resides (that's a fancy word for lives) in New York City with her family and their canine companion, Arrow. --from the publisher's website

Nancy Clancy Chapter Books (8 books)
  • Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth (Nancy Clancy Chapter Books #1)
  • Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer
  • Nancy Clancy Sees the Future (Nancy Clancy Chapter Books #3)
  • Nancy Clancy, Secret of the Silver Key
  • Star of Stage and Screen (Nancy Clancy #5)
  • Nancy Clancy, Soccer Mania
  • Nancy Clancy, Late-Breaking News!