Start by marking “Room 24” as Want to Read:
Room 24

Room 24

Five years after she graduated from high school, teacher, catechist, and sought-after speaker Katie Prejean McGrady returned to her alma mater in Lake Charles, Louisiana, to teach freshman theology in room 24. In the early years of her career, McGradys hormonal, sometimes grumpy, and often confused students taught her what it means to evangelize. Her frequently witty and a ...more
Published February 5th 2016 by Ave Maria Press

To ask other readers questions about Room 24, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room 24

Shelby
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Having taken two classes with Dr Lowery and being a huge fan, as well as a UD alumna and a youth minister for the past two and a half years, I found this to be a very charming, enjoyable, and entertaining read!
Meggie
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholic, education
Wow. I was looking for a book that would get me excited about my first year teaching in Catholic School and Room 24 was just what I needed to read. Miss Prejean is so relatable and wise beyond her years. She is the perfect mix of an optimist and realist--she has made me excited for my first year while also helping me to be aware of some common mistakes!
Emily Larson
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read for any teacher of the Christian faith!
Erin
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read that mixes classroom anecdotes with modern evangelization tips. Made me rethink the way I interact with fellow humans and the way I live out my Catholic faith.
Hannah Simmons
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read for any young Catholic, teacher or not! Love her take on the New Evangelization that we are all called to do.
Mrs. Bosley
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you are involved in youth ministry with teens or preteens as a teacher, youth minister, or even as a parent then you would thoroughly enjoy this book about what it’s like to evangelize the Catholic faith with adolescents. The book is not a how-to, it is simply a story of how one young teacher is learning to evangelize with her high school students. Told through her experiences as a student and young teacher, Katie Prejean gives her insight and reflections about teaching ninth grade theology i ...more
Valerie Standley
Inspiring!

I loved this book! Funny, witty, practical and honest. I looked forward to reading each chapter to find out what else would happen in Room 24. This book gave me new ideas and affirmed things I already knew to be true about evangelization. I'm excited to put those ideas into practice and I'm grateful Katie Prejean wrote about her experiences!

I recommend this book to anyone in ministry, young or old, leading youth or adults.
Kathryn Zebrowski-Wray
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book that shows the reader what working with adolescents in an educational religious setting is truly like. A sweet, uplifting book and a quick read!

I received a copy of the book through the publisher via NetGalley to give an honest review.
Barb
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Miss Prejean has a very comfortable writing style with many interesting stories woven in with Theological truths. With the New Evangelization methods being so important for Catholics, Miss Prejean gives many practical lessons for us Evangelizers.
Bradley
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad at all, but that odd mixture of biography and practical advice that while true doesn't grapple with the heart of the matter.
Morgan Lee