Start by marking “Craved” as Want to Read:
Craved

Craved

(Twisted #2)

HONORABLE MENTION of The 2015 'London Book Festival' Annual Competition!!! The highly anticipated sequel to Twisted - Craved is the second book in the trilogy. Riveting and dark Realistic Fiction with a touch of Thrilling Suspense. "Closing with a depressing cliffhanger, Craved is a remarkably eye-opening, heartwrenching, and one-of-a-kind must read that is indubitably 'me ...more
Published June 30th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Craved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Craved

Start your review of Craved
Heena Rathore P.
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, new-adult
Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Before starting with this book, I had low expectations in terms of entertainment given the fact that it is about the sex trade industry. I was expecting to read about 3 girls and all the injustice done to them, but this book was spectacularly surprising.

The characterization is brilliant and the personalities of the lead characters, as well as the supporting ones, are really well crafted. The story is thoroughl
Craig Strachan
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the first book is a hard-care account of the life a European sex-worker, the second book is more about somebody in the adult entertainment industry trying to make something of their life.

The book is neither as graphic nor disturbing as the previous book, but at the end it leaves me even more unsettled. Our hero (and her sisters) try to do the right things, but they still manage to not get it quite right. An entertaining and easy read; yet it leaves me feeling uncomfortable.

I kind of feel
J. Kahele
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I saw the cover of the first book and was drawn in. After reading it, I was blown away by the writing of this author. So I decided to read the second book and I enjoyed this one just as well.
Anita Lock
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the long-awaited sequel to Twisted, Julia and her two older sisters have left Europe and are working as exotic dancers in a Cape Town strip joint. Whatever hopes Julia has of finding a rewarding sex job in her new location are quickly dashed when she receives one client rejection after another. Convinced that she is not cut out to be a stripper, she plans to leave her sisters behind and return to Europe. An accident involving her dad changes the course of history and Julia uses her hard-earne ...more
Frank Scozzari
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read the first book in the series 'Twisted,' I was highly anticipated CRAVED; and author Lola Smirnova does not disappoint! Like the first book, this one takes a brutality candid look into the art of making a living in the sex trade.

Trying to go straight, three Ukrainian sisters end up in South Africa. But family problems arise. Having to earn money in the only trade they know, they delve deeper into the dark world of alcohol, drugs, and prostitution.

The perilous path of these three sis
Bexy
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the debut novel Twisted and have been looking forward to reading the sequel. I really like the style of writing, with the punchy style and sarcastic humour engaging you from the beginning. This second novel continues the story of the three sisters, this time in South Africa. Each chapter reads a bit like a 'day in the life of' as the main character, Julie, adjusts to sobriety and stripping South African style. The overall storyline takes a while to get into full swing and for a ...more
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Craved isn’t as shocking as the first book Twisted was. Craved is still a twisted look into the sisters Lena, Natalia & Julia (Jul’s) lives and gives us a look into their lives as stripper/prostitutes. It is a very hard life that the sisters chose to do working as strippers/prostitutes. One would question is it worth the danger & abuse to work in the industry. Jul’s especially puts her life in danger and she had a near death experience and yet goes keeps going back out there.

Craved definitely w
Yuliya Kolomiyets
"Craved" compliments perfectly the first book of this author, "Twisted", you can not read one without reading another. While the highlight of the first book was often rather shocking stories from sister's day to day life at work, which are only bearable, because the author thoughtfully keeps you detached from the characters by not concentrating on them too much, in "Craved" you finally get introduced to all three sisters fully, by following the path of their destinies, seen who is who and how th ...more
Gina Smith
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. This book blew me way. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. This book is part of a trilogy but can stand on it's own. Sisters from the Ukraine move to South America following the promise of easy money. Still working in the sex trade industry they are hopeful for better conditions. Julia faces temptation in the form of drugs and alcohol. One of her sisters falls victim to the lure of drugs. Interesting look into the sex entertainment world.
***For those 18 or older
* I received a fre
Anastasiya Fedkina
Loved this one too. Great captivating story. Deep and real characters. I want more!!!
Christopher
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was a big fan of the first book in the series, Twisted, moreso for the necessity of Lola's story than the actual storytelling. While I was mildly disappointed that the book didn't resolve my previous criticism, my respect for Lola's life story only increases with Craved. I didn't think it could get much darker than Twisted; I was wrong. It is a appallingly honest and cutting look at man's darkside and the nature of a woman that voluntarily, almost hypnotically veered towards the darkness. Your ...more
J.L. Leslie
Craved is the second book in the Twisted series. We delve back into Julia and her two sister's lives as they go back into selling their bodies. I enjoyed Twisted more, but Craved was very well-written and just as page-turning. I find myself rooting for Julia and wanting her to stay clean and not let herself get caught up in her old ways. This book does have a cliffhanger ending which I was expecting based on the other reviews. What I wasn't expecting was Lena's behavior and some of the things th ...more
Tish smith
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s, netgalley
Wow. This book shows such progression of the authors writing. Book one was slightly slow to get into and in places disjointed. But book two. Wow. It flowed perfectly.
The book continues where book one finished.
Juls and her sisters made another life changing decision that in turn again turned their whole world upsides down.
I am so ready for book three. I need to know if Juls will be ok and also her poor sisters.
This is a harrowing heart wrenching tale that will have you really feeling for othe
Patricia
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone that likes a goodread and is not embarrassed by the mention of sex
I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for a fair review.
I had waited for this book after reading the first book Twisted and I was not disappointed in this book. I found this book to be a little less graphic but still found it to be entertaining and enjoyed the book. This book tells us about the ups and downs of the sex trade in Eastern Europe and I found it to be quite a good read, there is sex, action and much entertainment in this book, I really enjoy this author's style of writi
Lesli Kraft
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this series and can't wait for the next book! The subject matter in these is different from what I usually read but I am still hooked. I think because this author isn't from the United states it gives a glimpse of how things are elsewhere. I also like knowing the author is deeply connected to her books. Great read if you don't mind a bit erotic, strong sexual acts, rape reference and drug use. If you're OK with all that then definetly read this series!
Miranda Lynn
This series is so addicting!! (No pun intended, haha).

"There are no good guys in this industry. They are all the same. Some of them are just the lesser of two evils."

I'm not quite sure exactly what to rate this one, because the copy I read was an ARC that I received from the author, so I'm not sure how many changes have been made between my version and the finished one. But I guess I have to rate based on what I read, and in that case, it'll have to be three stars.

I want to give it so many m
Isaiyan Morrison
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-enjoyed
Craved is the second book in the Twisted trilogy, written by Lola Smirnova.

Again, I’m along for the ride as the three sisters (Natalie, Julia, Lena) experience their fair share of the darker side of ‘entertainment’ in South Africa. I didn’t expect their lives to improve after reading the first book, Twisted. Unlike the first time I dived deep into the author’s world, I was prepared this time.

With the first book I felt that the idea of making easy money lured the sisters from their homeland. Ho
Andres Mann
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Craved is the sequel to Twisted. The three Ukrainian sisters are now in South Africa, working as dancers/strippers/prostitutes. Apparently, they have concluded that this lifestyle is the only option available to them. What’s sad is that they are so psychically damaged that even when they find sincere men that are willing to marry them, instead of transitioning to a normal life, the protagonist’s older sisters succumb to addition and self-loathing thus undermining what good that might lie ahead. ...more
Danielle Urban
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Craved by Lola Smirnova is a dark and intriguing first hand glimspe into the lives of three women. These three women have gone through one bad rollercoaster ride and just when they think they can right their worlds once more, all breaks down. Readers will like how addicitve the journeys are for these characters and how hard temptation is to resist. It's not that the women don't try to be good. Try being good, and having life treating you like garbage. This then leads the women questioning why th ...more
Chasity

‘Craved’ was a nice sequel to a rather interesting story, ‘Twisted’. Warning this book has some very explicit content, so if that is not your kind of story then I suggest you pass on this book. I enjoyed the continuation; I liked seeing the character growth. It was a very interesting story with conflicting emotions.
There were some significant grammatical errors in the book however and I thought that the dialogue could use some polishing. These two issues do take away from the story, but can be
The Color of Ink
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A gritty and suspenseful read that dives deeper into the crazy world of drugs and prostitution. Trying to walk the straight and narrow these three sisters end up in a place where they need money and they fall back to the only thing they know that will get that what they need.

Though this story doesn’t have the shock factor that was found in Twisted, the story still has heart. It’s original and you are still left with the aftermath of feelings reeling around in your brain.

This is not a series fo
Glorianne
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it
At times I wanted to scream at Julia and her sisters for not leaving their life in the sex trade industry. I cheered when Julia was trying to save money to go back home and was sad when she had to give up the money to save her father.
Throughout it all, the sisters are close and trying to look out for each other and their one dream is to be happy. Will that dream come true in book three?
Sher Rulz
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NICE! WHEN CAN WE EXPECT #3?
Briggitta
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Craved by Lola Smirnova

Written through the eyes of the youngest of three daughters in post soviet Ukraine, Julia becomes ‘alive’
Struggling to see a future, the sisters leave their homeland for better options. As you journey with the girls, you discover that things do not always go the way they had planned.

These two books are not for the conservative. Nor the judgemental! A wide open gape into the very real, raw and rough world of sex, drugs and prostitution that leaves little un-churned.
In some
Joshua
Advanced copy provided by the author for honest review:

Craved is the follow-up to Twisted, continuing the story of our intrepid sisters from the Ukraine - Natalia, Lena, and Julia. The three sisters are working at the salon they purchased for their mother, but business is slow and the call of "easier" money appears with the opportunity to work in South Africa.
Natalia sets up the trip and drags her less than enthusiastic siblings along for the ride. The best part of this serving of their story is
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing.
It was super short, however. It is about the struggle of doing what needs to be done, even if it means going against what you know is right. Even if it means selling a little of yourself to climb the financial staircase. It's about trying to turn your life around, and having temptations pull you right back. For about my one who has struggled with their demons, you aren't alone.
Anastasiya Fedkina
May 02, 2015
Briggitta
May 23, 2016
Tiffany Villeda
Nov 08, 2018
Rebekah Fraser
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Inspired by real life events, Craved is a brutally candid look at making a living in the sex trade. Having been to hell and back, three sisters from Ukraine – Natalia, Lena and Julia – decide to retire from selling sex and walk the straight and narrow path back home. However, an old friend convinces them they can make ‘buckets’ of east money in South Africa and they can’t turn the offer down. The trio return to the night life of the entertainment business with all the familiar temptations – drug ...more

• Close to You
  • Disintegration (Autumn, #4)
  • The Forgotten Holocaust (Ben Hope, #10)
  • The Dominant: Part 2 of the Mind Blowing, Suspenseful Thriller Series (The Trusted Thriller Series)
  • The Troop
  • Scattershot
  • Revolver
  • Unsafe Haven (Surviving The Evacuation #4)
  • Devil Down Under
  • Salvation (Salvation Sequence #1)
  • Turn The Other Way
  • Come Out Tonight
  • Mean Little People
  • The Sickness: A Supernatural Horror Novel
  • Name of the Devil (Jessica Blackwood #2)
  • An Exorcist Possessed (Edward King #3)
  • Descendant of Hell (Edward King #2)
  • The Bone Forest: a serial killer thriller (Wren Delacroix, #1)
Lola Smirnova is an author from Ukraine, who loves twisting a suspenseful tale through the dark lens of realism around the sexual underworld, so clocked in secrecy and shame. Lola’s work is inspired by real-life events and is meant for the open-minded readers who are not afraid of a little blood, sweat and semen.

Her debut novel Twisted was released in 2014. The book placed as Honorable Mention in

Twisted (2 books)