Start by marking “Reba: My Story” as Want to Read:
Reba: My Story

Reba: My Story

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,046 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
Country music superstar Reba McEntire describes her Oklahoma childhood as a member of a cattle ranching family, her early days as a performer, her award-winning musical achievements, the tragic loss of her eight band members, and her marriages.
Published October 1st 1995 by Bantam (first published April 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Reba, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reba

Elizabeth
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I love when u read a memoir and you feel like the person you read about is sitting next to you telling the story instead of just reading it. This one was like that for me and I enjoyed every page.
Van
Aug 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love Reba, she as close to country as a person can get, I love her attidude towards life, She always looks at things in a positive way and never lost sight of her dreams, even when at times she could have easily have given up, and when she had enemies that came against her she always did the right thing, this is what I loved most about Reba, is when she was asked to pay those certain people for that place she didn't falter, she held her head up high and paid even though she didn't have to, but ...more
Dick Pilskog
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
She was honest with this book. I went thru her early days on the ranch, getting started, a plane crash, and the birth and her son Shelby and her raising her son. . I figure there are many very good singers but she delivered on which songs to sing and the musicians that surrounded her. It makes a lot of difference to have a good management team. I wish she did a follow-up book because this was written in 1994. Bravo!
Bradley
Jul 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
It took me two long weeks to get through this book. A biography is meant to be savored and not blown through. I am amazed at her frankness and details of her life story in these pages. Very good positive reading. She seems like a really nice person to know. I truly enjoyed this book. Now I have to turn it over to my wife. She is the one who loves musicians' stories. =)
Kristin
May 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Reba's autobiography spans the period of her career prior to when I became a fan of her music, so for me, this book was an enjoyable learning experience. In fact, Reba tends to focus on her life outside of music, during her time working on the family farm and competing in roedos, for much of the book. However, if you think about where her music career was at the time of writing, those early experiences are what comprised the majority of her life.
That is not to say that she does not provide insig
Krissys
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
Reba is one of those country stars you think would have came up in the fairy tale life that would take her to the glittering lights of both the film scene and music scene but as you find out in Reba: My Story, just like many of us in the world Reba didn't come from the fairy tale life, she had to fight, struggle and scrounge for the place in country music history she rightfully earned.
Reba built her way through good times and the bad and had enough inner strength and determination to continue o
Sue
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. I have always been a fan of Reba McEntire - her singing as well as her acting. This book tells of her life growing up poor, her love for horses and being in rodeos, the singing she did in school bands, and her becoming the star she is today. It touched on the tragic plane crash when the members of her band were killed, and how her singing helped her cope with this loss. She wrote of the importance of her family throughout the book. This book read like she was ...more
Jaylee Neal
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I've read both books and just adore her too,
I love the fact she was so honest about everything to her family to her plane crush of killing several members of her band, I love how she talked about her son Shelby ( whom now is 22 years old ) and honestly i think she's genuine and real and so modest.. I love her work ethic that she follows in the footstepps of her very own idol Dolly Parton, though she continues too influnce many people around the world like Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Patty Loveless,K
Brandy
Jul 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
VERY INTERESTING book! MY FAVORITE female Country singer. She has a VERY interesting family. And lead a VERY interesting life. The tragic plane crash that killed her band members in the early 90's was just HEARTBREAKING! I didn't realize it happened in SanDiego! I also didn't realize that not only does Reba's current husband, Narvel had 3 children already before they got married, but her ex Charlie had also been married before with 2 boys. And that her son Shelby is now 21?!
Andre
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: biographies
It's always good and refreshing to read a country star's autobiography. Unlike most of my idols, Reba is not a songwriter, so it was interesting to get the insight from a performer on how she comes about her songs. She is a very talented woman who has had a great career, and at the time she wrote this book she was a legend in the making. Reba McEntire helped to set the bar for current country females, and her innovative ideas broke down barriers and changed country music forever.
Anna
May 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I had a hard time getting into the writing style of this book, but once I got there, I enjoyed it. There were lots of funny at-home country anecdotes throughout, and I also enjoyed the sense of normalcy in her telling of her life story. There was relatively little drama and I liked that there was such an emphasis in family and normality in her life. :)
Tanya T
Good book. She was just a simple country girl who liked to sing. I enjoyed reading the stories of her family life growing up and some of the comical situations from her childhood. You will read about her heartbreak after losing her band and backup singers in a plane crash. She's a very strong driven woman who has paved the way for other female country music stars.
Kristi
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed Reba's music. I've had her autobiography for a while and it was after watching a Facebook live video that she did that I decided to pick it up and read.

I'm giving it 5 stars because I believe it deserves 5 stars. It's her story, it's her life and who am I to say it's less than what she says it is. I enjoyed it and hope that maybe one day she writes another one.
Erin Lane
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. I read it quickly due to being a huge fan and just wanting to know "more". The saddest part was reading about the plane accident that killed 8 of her band members. Her will to never give up and keep, keeping on attitude will stick with me forever. Huge respect for Reba!
Beth
This book was really inspiring. I love Reba and i am so pleased that i was able to gain some insight to her thoughts and feelings about her friends, family, and career. I learned a lot. I enjoyed this book.
Anna
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
Recommended to Anna by: No one
AWESOME!!! I loved reading about Reba in her words. Hearing the stories of how she started out and about her childhood growing up on a ranch in Oklahoma. I learned alot about hard work and what you can attain if you want something enough.
Carol
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable to read the early life story of this down-t0-earth country singer. She is multi-talented and continues to reach new heights. We have listened to her for years and saw a wonderful concert with her maybe ten years ago now. A treat for all fans.
Bonnie Dieffenbacher
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like Reba as she has a distinctive sound to her voice and I enjoyed reading about her life. a very good book.
Fran
Nov 16, 2009 rated it liked it
I read this book right after reading Dolly Parton's autobiography and it seemed to be same "rags to riches" story without the humor I enjoyed in Dolly's book.
Debbie Duran
Aug 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Just love this little lady. She's an awesome singer & funny actress. She always seems happy & I like that she is involved with Habitat for Humanity.
Angie Cain
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is very good if you like country music you will love it if you don't like country music. You will wil still like it
Megan
Sep 06, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoy Reba, as a person and as a performer. I liked her book. I love when people write they're biography and they use their own voice. yay Reba
Nicole Mcentire
Dec 27, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: reba
i have 2 of rebas books. i absolutley recommend them to anyone. expecially if u like reba. i love reba so much and i loved the book. i know everything about her and now i know some more! she rocks!
Jeanne
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
She is very candid about her life and her story about what happened to her in her life. She is a very inspirational woman and i admire her very much!
Leila Osborn
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Reba, my other favorite coffee table book, the woman is beautiful and talented, and this book shares her story, if you are a fan, it is certainly worth reading.
Winter Sophia Rose
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Touching & Inspiring!
Kelly
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I love country music and some of my favorite songs are Reba's. Some parts were boring to me, but others were fun to read. Overall a good read
Kathy
Oct 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Her early life is very interesting but after that it's pretty much just the country singer's rise to fame and fortune.
Donna Vitarelli
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
So many things I didn’t know or remember. Made me cry when Reba recounted the plane crash. It’s just too bad the book hasn’t been updated so things are up to date. My cousin met Dolly Parton years ago at a party and said she was warm, funny and very approachable. It’s too bad some people are so hateful but I am glad Reba had her faith to get her through things.
Jewel Star
This book is a lot about the entertainment industry. Not enough about a personal life, but then I guess you don't have much of one if you work all the time. She did talk about her first marriage and the death of her team members which was what inspired me to read it.
  • Coming Home to Myself
  • Between a Heart and a Rock Place
  • Landing on My Feet: A Diary of Dreams
  • Cloris: My Autobiography
  • Are You Hungry, Dear?
  • You Have No Idea: A Famous Daughter, Her No-nonsense Mother, and How They Survived Pageants, Hollywood, Love, Loss (and Each Other)
Reba Nell McEntire is an American country music artist and actress. She began her career in the music industry as a high school student singing in the Kiowa High School band, on local radio shows with her siblings, and at rodeos.

She has sometimes been referred to as "The Queen of Country". She is one of the best-selling artists of all time, having sold more 80 million records worldwide.

In the ear
More about Reba McEntire...

Nonfiction Deals

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99