Start by marking “Un Bolsillo Para Corduroy” as Want to Read:
Un Bolsillo Para Corduroy

Don Freeman

Un Bolsillo Para Corduroy

(Corduroy)

Don Freeman's classic character, Corduroy, is even more popular today then he was when he first came on the scene over thirty years ago. These favorite titles are ready for another generation of children to love.
Paperback, with CD, 32 pages
Published May 30th 1995 by Live Oak Media (first published March 6th 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Un Bolsillo Para Corduroy, please sign up.

Start your review of Un Bolsillo Para Corduroy
Rebecca
Mar 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I wish my only dilemma in life was wanting a pocket.
Chantal
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teddy bear Corduroy decides he needs a pocket one day when he visits the Laundromat. I really liked the story, although it is a shame that the drawings miss color. Too much yellow/purple and black. This could have been so much better, but still 4 points.

This book is in the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up challenge I am doing.
Stacy
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovable Corduroy Bear realizes his overalls don't have a pocket. On a mission to find something that would make a suitable pocket, he gets left in a laudromat over night. Nice sequel to the first.
Abigail
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Corduroy!
Shelves: picture-books, toys
In this follow-up to his classic picture-book Corduroy , which saw a lonely stuffed bear exploring a department store at night, looking for a button, Don Freeman once again sends his adorable ursine hero on an unexpected quest: this time for a pocket. When Lisa, the little girl who took him home in the first book, brings him with her to the laundromat, Corduroy overhears a conversation that convinces him he needs a pocket. Never loathe to go exploring, he sets out to find one, becoming separa ...more
Heather
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found the original Corduroy a revelation and the sequel even more so. In the first - written in the '60s -- an elegant black woman and her daughter shop in a Manhattan department store. The sequel was written about ten years later, and now Lisa's mother -- still elegant -- has traded out her A-line dress for bell bottoms and the launder mat where mother and daughter go to wash clothes is populated by bearded artists in berets. Although stuffed bears don't change, the world has.

These books mov
Matthew
To check out my review: http://dancinginth3dark.blogspot.com

I wish this book was never written.

The entire time as I was reading this book I kept having this thought that Corduroy is going to turn into Chucky and kill the little girl. This bear creeps me out and this is meant for children. I believe the author could have written Corduroy as a standalone and you wouldn't hear any complaints for a sequel.

We meet Corduroy again and he speaks like it is no big deal that a stuffed teddy be
Sharon Barrow Wilfong
A timeless classic from Don Freeman, one of my favorite children's authors.

The plot is the simple story of a little girl going to the laundromat with her mother. She brings her bear, Corduroy, who bored, decides to explore. He ends up getting left behind and spends the night at the laundromat.

Small children have such a strong sense of wonder that a stuffed bear getting stuck in a laundromat over night is high adventure. I know because I remember loving this book when I was very young.
Aneesa
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is basically a nightmare scenario.
JTownsend
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the diversity in this book. It wasn't in your face, it just was. The human characters were likable and the reader could relate to their feelings and actions. The colors, patterns and textures depicted in the drawings encourage the reader to stop and examine them. This adds to the story. I wasn't as drawn to the character of Corduroy. If not for the supporting characters and the well done drawings I would have given this a 3 rating. I found the supporting characters more likable and insp ...more
Jessica
May 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book when I was a child. Our library had two copies and I would return one and run to the shelves to get the other. The library started hiding a copy for me so there would always be one available to me, otherwise there were tears. Now I own two copies. And a bear.
 Mummy Cat Claire
I read this book to my child as it was listed on a homeschool study unit I have been following.
Corduroy lives in the big city with his person, Lisa. Lisa tells Corduroy to stay put in a chair but he doesn't listen. He gets the idea that he needs a pocket and decides to look around the laundromat for one. What he finds is a bag of wet clothes and he is almost put into a dryer. After spending the night alone in the laundromat, Corduroy is reunited with Lisa the next morning.

My child didn't reall
Derek
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know how many times I have read this book but it is probably the best book I have ever received (along with Are You My Mother). In fact, this is the first book I ever read. I remember the day my kindergarten teacher handed everyone a copy of the book, a pair of scissors and a glue stick. In retrospect, they probably shouldn't have given children a book and scissors at the same time, but no matter. I asked my mother to read it to me every night until I had mesmerized the story (which I di ...more
Mark Baker
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, picture-book
One day while at the laundromat, teddy bear Corduroy decides he needs a pocket. His search for one introduces him to some strange new things. Can he find a pocket? Will Lisa be able to find him?

Even as a kid, I liked this book more than Corduroy’s first adventure. I think it’s because of the creativity. We know what Corduroy finds along his way, but his explanations for them are creative, logical, and fun. The illustrations capture the book perfectly, and will please kids and parents alike. This
Candice
Nov 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
I always wondered why the little stuffed Corduroy bears have those purple pockets, and now I know! In this book, Lisa and her mother take Corduroy to the laundromat where the curious bear wanders off and gets lost. When Lisa finds him, he tells her he wants a pocket, and she promptly obliges by sewing on a purple one.
Jordyn Tinder
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this books story line and plot, however I wasn't big on the graphics. I thought it had a problem and a resolution which can teach kids that theres always a way to solve their problems. I can see myself reading this book to my future class because it has a lesson to go along with it, and who doesn't love Corduroy.
Jesse Baggs
May 07, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, fiction
As cute as ever. My daughter said the little girl’s mom looked like “a pop star.” I told her everyone looked like that in the 70s.
Perry Nathanson
A Pocket for Corduroy is a story about a teddy bear named Corduroy and Lisa, the little girl who owns him. One day Lisa and her mother go the laundromat and Corduroy goes to because Lisa brings him everywhere. When doing their laundry, Corduroy hears Lisa'a mother asking her to check her pockets before they put her clothes in the wash. Corduroy notices that he does not have pockets and he becomes very intrigued and decides that he wants a pocket on his overalls. He wanders around the laundromat ...more
Marlena Markland
Summary: In A Pocket for Corduroy, Corduroy is taken on an adventure when his best friend Lisa leaves him at a laundromat. Corduroy was accompanying Lisa and her mother on their outing, but while waiting for them realizes that the overalls he wears does not have a pocket! He then leaves his waiting spot in search of the perfect pocket, but get tangles in some mischief along the way.

Major Themes: One theme for children that this book covers is why is it important to listen when someone in charge
Lindsey Wingfield
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Review: I gave it 5 stars because it so detailed and imaginative. I think it gets children thinking about their toys and how they make them talk as well. The pictures and the text go hand in hand. The artistic elements add a lot more detail to the texts. This would be a book to read to students instead of them reading by themselves.

Summary: Lisa and her mother are at the laundromat which is very busy at the time. Lisa brought her teddy bear corduroy while she helped her mother do laundry. Cordu
Kelsee
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa brings her stuffed bear, Corduroy with her everywhere she goes, and in this edition of Corduroy Lisa and her mother take a trip to the laundromat and bring along Corduroy! When Corduroy sees Lisa checking in each of her pockets before she puts her clothes in the washer, Corduroy notices something. Corduroy doesn't have a pocket! Lisa told Corduroy to stay put while she was unloading her laundry into the machine, but Corduroy decides to begin searching for his very own pocket! In the midst o ...more
Hope Kim
A Pocket for Corduroy tells the story of the same lovable bear only this time, he is looking for something different. Lisa, her mother, and Corduroy all go to the laundromat and Corduroy realizes his desire to have a pocket sewed into his overalls. Even though he is told not to go anywhere he starts to search for potential pockets and gets lost on the way. He almost spends the night in the laundromat until Lisa comes back to search for him. In the end, she asks Corduroy why he took off and he re ...more
Becky
First sentence: Late one summer afternoon Lisa and her mother took their laundry to the laundromat. As always on such trip Lisa carried along her toy bear, Corduroy.

Premise/plot: Corduroy is "lost" at the laundromat when he leaves the chair Lisa placed him in, and goes off in search of something to make a pocket out of. Fortunately, he is not washed OR dried. Though his overalls do come off! Corduroy has a unique way of seeing the world--and his take on laundry baskets and soap flakes is intere
Sophia Tarullo
This story of the classic character, Corduroy, wanting a pocket. Corduroy gets left at the laundromat after Corduroy goes looking for fabric to make himself a pocket. Corduroy gets stuck inside an artist's laundry bag and the artists washes and dries his clothes for him. Afterwards, the laundromat closes and Corduroy falls asleep. In the morning, Lisa, his owner, comes back to get him. She then gives Corduroy a pocket and a card with his name on it.

The images in this story look to be drawn with
Maggie Webster
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Pocket for Corduroy is about a teddy bear that wants a pocket. He goes to the laundromat with his owner, but eventually loses his owner and explores the laundromat on his own. Corduroy is left their overnight and plays in what he thinks is snow and sleeps in what he thinks is a cage. The next morning, his owner comes back for him and sews him a pocket. I think the main theme of this book is that if you set your mind to something, you can achieve it. I have always loved Corduroy books since I w ...more
Leigh Shoemaker
This is a story about a stuffed bear named Corduroy. He goes to the laundromat with his friend, Lisa, and he notices that he doesn’t have a pocket. So he gets down and searches for a pocket. Lisa noticed he was gone and couldn’t find him. Sadly, she had to leave the store because it was closing without him. He wandered around the laundromat that night looking for a pocket.

I loved this story when I was younger. It is such a cute story and Corduroy is such a cute little bear. I love the curiosity
Lauren Williams
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Corduroy is a classic childhood story and there are many reasons for that, but one I thought of was because of how he comes to life. Kids love to play pretend with their toys and it's what make this books a staple bedtime story because it toys with their imagination. This book also is simple and children can follow along when reading with their parents or teachers. The illustrations in the book are bright and vivid and give the book a friendly feel to it.
Sema
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorite books as a child! I even remember watching a play done at the local arts and drama high school based off of this book. Absolutely timeless, i still remember six year old me falling in love with the adorable bear!
Mackenzie Foster
Fantasy. Grades K-2. This book is about a little bear who wants a pocket for his overalls, but doesn’t just ask the girl who owns him and gets himself into a little predicament. This book is a good book for students to make predictions about what Corduroy will do nexts.
Alexis Holmes
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was simple and cute with a lot of underlying messages that relate to kids in and out of a classroom. the story is very sweet and engaging and the pictures are very cute and nice to look at. Good read.
Anna
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! It is so cute and precious. I love Courdouroy the bear so much! This book did not disappoint. It's also a great book to read for a Clothing Unit for preschool. Illustrations are the same as you would see in other Corduroy books which are great as well!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Curious George Goes to the Hospital
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room
  • Just Me in the Tub (A Golden Look-Look Book)
  • Miss Nelson Is Back (Miss Nelson, #2)
  • Frog and Toad All Year (Frog and Toad, #3)
  • The Little Engine That Could
  • Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile
  • Madeline's Rescue
  • The Complete Adventures of Curious George
  • Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3)
  • Curious George
  • The Poky Little Puppy
  • Curious George Rides a Bike
  • The Rainbow Fish
  • If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (If You Give...)
  • The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites
  • Are You My Mother?
Don Freeman was a painter, printmaker, cartoonist, children's book author, and illustrator. He was born in San Diego, California, attended high school in Missouri, and later moved to New York City where he studied etching with John Sloan.
Frequent subjects included Broadway theatre, politics, and the circus. He was also a jazz musician, and the brother of circus entrepreneur Randy Freeman.

Corduroy (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • Corduroy
  • All About Corduroy
  • Corduroy's Christmas
  • Corduroy's Easter Party
  • Corduroy Goes to the Doctor
  • Corduroy's Busy Street (Corduroy)
  • Corduroy's Fourth of July
  • Corduroy's Trick or Treat
  • Corduroy at the Zoo
  • Corduroy Goes to School: A Lift-the-Flap Book (Corduroy)