Start by marking “Relentless (The Hero Agenda, #2)” as Want to Read:
Relentless (The Hero Agenda, #2)

Relentless

(The Hero Agenda #2)

Revenge is easy, but justice is worth fighting for…

Kenna is tired of being lied to—and hunted by the very allies she once trusted. Unearthing the dark secrets of the superhero world has not only endangered her life, now her boyfriend faces execution for crimes he didn’t commit and her mother is being held captive in a secret governmental prison.

Kenna is determined to stand
Published June 7th 2016 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Relentless, please sign up.
Maggie Feng Goodreads sends an email to you to let you know.
YA Novels of 2016
1,293 books — 9,669 voters
Double Negative by C. Lee McKenzieRoseBlood by A.G. HowardThief of Lies by Brenda DrakeMy Lady Jane by Cynthia HandIvory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
YASH 2016 Fall Edition
119 books — 156 voters

More lists with this book...

Fafa's Book Corner
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Mini review:

This was such an utter disappointment. While I didn't love the first book I enjoyed it and was looking forward to the conclusion. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it.

I felt that this was too rushed. There are some questions that I have and there are a lot of loose ends. It would've been nice to have an epilogue. I didn't feel any of the romances. There wasn't a lot of character development.

All in all it was disappointing. I do not recommend this series.
 Amelia
Honestly, this duology deserves more hype.

While reading this, I felt like I was watching an Avengers movie, but with a younger cast. It's action packed, full of superheroes and villains smashing things and characters making great development.

Things I liked:
-Kenna is even more badass
-NITRO BURNING EVERYTHING DOWN ♥
- #squadgoals
-justice being served by a bunch of villains
-not everything is as it seems
-character development everywhere
-action scenes
-no tropes
-all the romances ♥
-^which don't take ov
Aila
Thank you Netgalley and Sourcebooks Fire for the review copy!

One word that effectively describes this series is just awesomesauce. For the action lover like me, it satisfies on almost all points. We have a group of teenagers that go against an antagonist who is more than what he seems to be, while discovering things about themselves. Granted, the premise sounds like the many out there. However, the fast pace and nonstop action makes it an adventure that is just plain fun. Certain key points of t
April
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Many thanks to SOURCEBOOKS Fire, via NetGalley, for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

4.5

I loved this book.

I didn't read the first in the series (Powerless) but I think I'm going to - at some point - because I loved the world that Childs and Deebs created. A world where maybe the heroes aren't all good, and maybe the villains aren't all bad...

Kenna and her "gang" were very much enjoyable - hilarious, fun, and interesting - although I felt a little like I was missing some infor
Jeannette Dilouie
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
I think I was just as disappointed with “Relentless” as I was enthralled by “Powerless.” There was way too much “finding strength in each other” moments to the point where it got insipidly repetitive, and the ending seemed rushed. Plus, the whole powers thing got really, really confusing as the story progressed. Also, I understand that it’s young adult fiction, but there was no need to make four romantic couples out of a group of 10 teens. A little overkill, people. I can’t see myself picking up ...more
Jason M
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this book is the best way to sum up what happened in the first book powerless starting with getting every one back.
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
I read the first book in this series, Powerless , which I liked. I didn't love it, but I was still interested in seeing what would happen in the next book. I am glad I decided to continue with this series because I ended up liking this book a lot! I thought this book was a lot better than Powerless .

This book picked up right where the last one left off and it started off with a bang! From the first page, this book was action packed. I was constantly on the edge of my seat. Most of the scenes f
TheLizWay
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Normally, I love Tera Lynn Childs's books but Relentless just didn't do it for me. I liked the first book in the series but the second book was a huge miss.

Come on this is a super-hero (or villain as the case may be) book - the sky's the limit (and not even that with superpowers involved). I should have been on the edge of my seat and gripping the book in anticipation of would happen. Yet, I couldn't care less what would happen to the characters. For me, if I couldn't care less about what happe
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this eARC from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I was in no way compensated for this review.

Relentless is the epic conclusion to the duology by two incredible authors, Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs! I didn’t know it was a duology really until I finished this one! We get a sense of finality to the story, but that never means another adventure might not be waiting around the corner! Only time will tell.

We pick up shortly where we left off. Kenna and the
Gabrielle
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
actual rating:3.5 stars i loved the first book i think this suffered from a bit of second book syndrome i enjoyed this and it kept me reading i couldn't stop and i liked seeing all the characters from the first book but for some reason it didn't hold the same magic the first book did the end as kind of anticlimactic but i enjoyed the characters but i thought the dynamics were stronger and i felt more connected to them in the first book:(
Liliana
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Everything Kenna’s known is a lie. With lying, awful heroes and surprisingly good-hearted villains, her world has been turned upside down. And it only gets worse: her mother was kidnapped, her best friend brainwashed, and her boyfriend is on trial. Now it’s up to Kenna and the rest of the villains to save them from the heroes she once trusted and bring them down for good.

Honestly, I’m not even surprised at how amazing this was. I loved the first one and this one as
Lillian
I received an eARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

Relentless
by Tera Lynn Childs, Tracy Deebs is a fantastic conclusion to the duology The Hero Agenda. Honestly I really hope there’s more but if there isn’t I’m satisfied. At the end of Powerless, Kenna and her friends are separated, Draven is possibly dead, and Kenna’s mom is still missing. I am SO thankful I had an ARC of this one when I fi
Michelle
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Relentless is the second book in the young adult Hero Agenda duology by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracey Deebs. I absolutely loved the first book in the series, Powerless. It got my super hero mojo going big time. I loved the world these two authors created with all of the villains, super villains, heroes, superheroes, and the ordinaries. Relentless picks up right where Powerless leaves off, and these are books that you m
Erin Arkin
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, ya
Relentless is the second book of the Hero Agenda series and I was pretty excited to get my hands on this as I loved Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs.

This book picks up shortly after the end of Powerless and if you recall, Kenna’s boyfriend and her best friend are now in Rex Malone’s clutches. Her mother is also still under his control so Kenna is willing to do whatever it takes to get them back.

A lot of things happen in this story as this band of villains push to uncover what Rex is
Maxine Livingstone
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is actually better than the first. I couldn't believe how Kenna was reunited with her mother only to lose her permanently for good. However, even though she grieved for her mother's death she still was the leader her friends needed her to be. Kenna is a young woman who started off without having any powers to actually gaining them and is hardly able to use them since she is still learning to control them. She is the type of character that is strong and willing to stand up to any advers ...more
Saruuh Kelsey
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Every bit as awesome and epic and driven as the first book.

This series is so heartfelt and heartbreaking and compelling, and it's just fun, despite all the pain and trauma. The beating heart of this book is really the friendships - not the romance. I love the way the group works together, their dialogue, their complex and trusting bonds. I just love them all. Not to say I don't adore the romance because I so do - Draven, more like Bae-ven - and I FREAKING LOVED Nitro and Riley. They could not be
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Romance, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Relentless is the second and final novel in The Hero Agenda duology by co-authors Tera Lynn Childs, and Tracey Deebs. Kenna Swift grew up believing that she was powerless; ordinary in a world of super-heroes and villains. But, by the end of Powerless, we discovered that Kenna's reality is a place where black and white are blurred. Where heroes are not always the good guys. Where villains are not always the
Kris-10
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really fun sequel! I loved spending time with these characters again and watching their relationships develop. Kenna & Draven are still my favorites, but I have a real soft spot for Nitro & Riley as well as Dante & Rebel! I'm holding out hope that there will be a third book in this series. <3

Actual Rating: 4.5/5 stars
meng commissaris
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite
Starr
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-scifi, dystopian
I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH ALL OF THOSE BAD REVIEWS, AND HERE’S WHY.

People praised the first book, calling it absolutely perfect. Yet I disagreed. Everything about the first book was repetitive. Kenna, our powerless protagonist, attempted breaking into labs over and over again to rescue someone she didn’t even know, all the while being protected by an overly macho Draven who didn’t let her show off her own skills. Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed the first book, but, at points, I wanted to slap Kenna
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
A nice light read. I did have to partly reread the previous book to remember what had happened (and in the process got sucked back into reading it) which meant that I honestly got a bit sick of the writing by the time I finished this book. I also read it in one sitting being that I'm currently sick and a day in bed was called for. There was just nothing remarkable about this book, honestly I didn't even find the plot twist that exciting. I like Kenna, I like that she's a strong female protagonis ...more
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Cheesy and predictable, but better than the first. The book is well written and the plot line is clear. Still, I am unimpressed with the characterization. The plot in this book is much better than the plot in the first book and the descriptions are better. However, I was expecting to have my heart beating along with Kenna's and that didn't happen. Maybe I'm too difficult to please, but it left something to be desired.

I received these books from the library, so I didn't lose anything by reading t
Kaela M.
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really, really liked this. Kenna is still fighting against Rex Malone and his followers, and never once falling into the damsel-in-distress role. Nitro is still lovably annoying, and Draven has cooled down some. No one is fighting as much as they used to! That used to bug me like crazy in the last book! On top of that, we get a romance (maybe?) between the new girl, V, and Jeremy which is the cutest ever.
The plot is fast-paced and has enough twists to keep one satisfied, and ready to read m
Leonor (Ner)

Rating: 3,5 cups/stars

Disclaimer: Thank you NetGalley and Sourcebooks Fire for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Relentless is the second book and conclusion to The Hero Agenda duology. And, if you remember my first review, I really enjoyed the concept of this superheroes vs. villains series. Powerless was, overall, a great introduction to a brand new YA series and I’m glad to see that Relentless was also good.

Well, it did dragged a little bit but it was a g
Melissa
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another pretty great one. This one tries to be as fast-paced as the first, but does a little lagging. I didn’t skim...ok, so like a few words during action parts.

Any.Way. You’d think being a YA, this would be al about the relationship and maybe they’d have some big fight that launched them apart, and I’m glad to say this isn’t true of this book. There wasn’t measly smidgens of relational drama, and I’m kinda glad for that. There were zero epic love scenes, though, and that’s why I’m miffed.

But i
Jess
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I have loved Tera Lynn Child's work since I first read her book Oh. My. Gods. I haven't read any of Tracy Deeb's books, but I think I might now that I really loved this sequel. In the first book, I adored the take on Heros vs. Villains. It had wonderful twists and plenty of action. The sequel did not disappoint. The development of the story was wonderful and the pacing was well done. It felt like everything got tied up in a nice little bow at the end and the couple different twists were really f ...more
Michaela
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wolfkin
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yowza.. I mean most of my thoughts are in the status updates but what a stinker. Which is a shame because there's so much there to work with. There's a lot of interesting dynamics at place. A world that could be fully imagined. Character balances that could be fun. Even the "gay because there's no one left for them to match up with" couple might have been compelling but the book constantly toggles between reading like bad fanfic and reading like just a decent YA novel but it spends too much time ...more
Angela
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Still as action packed as the first,but Draven started getting on my nerves so i knocked it down a star.
(view spoiler)
Enjoyable quick read.
Jessica
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm a little unsatisfied with the ending of this 2-book series. It seemed rushed. I wish there were a couple of more chapters that detailed how things worked out in the superhero world. Will there be another book? I hope so, because I like this universe and would love to see what happens to it.

• Incite (Ignite, #2)
  • Iron Pendulum (Periodic, #2)
  • Heart of Briar (The Portals #1)
  • Wolf's Bane (Demimonde, #3)
  • Rook (Timeless Games, #1)
  • Asleep (Fairytale Collection #2)
  • Ask Me
  • The Devil in the Corner
  • Even Villains Have Interns (Heroes and Villains, #3)
  • Forest of Whispers (Forest of Whispers, #1)
  • Practical Applications for Multiverse Theory
  • Resilient
  • Contributor (Contributor, #1)
  • Active Memory (Mirador, #3)
  • Mara (Unusuals, #1)
  • Witch Finder (Witch Finder, #1)
  • Foundling Witch (Diary of Anna the Girl Witch, #1)
  • Warren the 13th and The All-Seeing Eye
Tera Lynn Childs is the award-winning YA author of the mythology-based Oh. My. Gods. series, the Forgive My Fins mermaid romance series, the kick-butt monster-hunting Sweet Venom trilogy, and the Darkly Fae series.

Her newest release is Myths and Mistletoe, a holiday story collection. She also wrote the City Chicks series and co-wrote the Hero Agenda and Creative HeArts series.

The Hero Agenda (2 books)
  • Powerless (The Hero Agenda, #1)
“I glance up at the security camera staring us down. I wave, if you can call flipping Rex off waving. Nitro would be proud.” 2 likes
“He spits out an epithet so nasty I think it's only legal in England. And then only when your favourite football club loses.” 2 likes