Start by marking “Until September” as Want to Read:
Until September

Until September

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  530 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
As a teenager, Archie Noblesse clawed his way out of the poverty, heartache, and abuse of the reservation and left his family behind. Desperate to shake the shadow of his past, he reinvents himself as Archer Noble, an outspoken blogger and controversial author who lives only for himself. But when his beloved sister dies, Archer is saddled with guardianship of his niece and ...more
Published February 8th 2016 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Until September, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*2.5 stars*

This book was challenging for me in many ways, but I was more than willing to stick it out until the end. However, after listening for just over 6 hours, I decided to throw in the towel.

I'm in the vast minority when it comes to this book, as I seem to be a lot lately, and I get why many of my friends love this story. I'm also not sure how much of my apathy about this story comes from the narration, which was underwhelming for me.

I'll start by talking about something a little... tric
Ami
I love Chris Scully's stories ... they never let me down before. Her stories are always plot and character driven, which makes it easy for me to feel invested even when the characters may not necessarily likable when you first meet them.

Take Archer Noble, for example, who starts as someone dead set against monogamy, marriage, or any kind of commitment. "The notion that marriage and, by extension, monogamy is the ideal is laughable. Monogamy doesn’t even work for straight people," he states duri
Elsa Bravante
Bueno, no ha estado mal, pero no apto para los que no le gusten los libros con niños y sobre familias.
Tras la muerte de su hermana, Archer debe hacerse cargo de sus sobrinos de 5 y 7 años, contando al principio con la ayuda de el profesor de éstos, Ryan. Archer tiene un pasado duro que le ha convertido en un cínico y Ryan solo sueña con casarse y tener una familia, dos polos opuestos que se van a enamorar al mismo tiempo que una misma familia se está creando. La relación amorosa pierde protagon
Sandra
First off, cover love. I adore this cover. It perfectly fits with the story, and it's beautiful. I don't normally comment on covers, but this one deserved a mention.

Secondly, this book was really, really good. Beautifully written, high on the emotions, with much heartbreak but also joy.

I loved how the author included aboriginal culture and issues by making Archie Noblesse/Archer Noble a Cree, and didn't shy away from showing some of the ugly sides of what Native Americans and Canadians are stil
Angie Elle
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Thank you to RIPTIDE PUBLISHING and Netgalley for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Based on the cover of this book, I was expecting a sweet love story. While it eventually gets there, Until September wasn’t at all what I was expecting. This book was gritty and real, and I loved every second of it! But fair warning – if you’re looking for all sunshine and roses, you may want to move along; you won’t find it here.

Let’s start with our first (anti-) hero. Archer was a g
Susan
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it

Sometimes, not knowing what to expect is the best way to go.

I didn’t read the blurb for this book. I barely glanced at the cover. I just noticed it on my Kindle and thought “huh, let’s try it!”. If I had read the blurb, if I had taken a closer look at the cover, I might have passed. I’m not a huge fan of books about abuse…my fragile heart tends to shy away from the certain angst. And books with kids have been hit or miss for me.

But oh am I so glad to have read Until September!

Archer is
Ije the Devourer of Books
A lovely feel good story with kids, opposites attract, a bad boy, a good boy, hurts of the past, comforts of the present and hope for the future. It is one of those lovely stories with a huge ahhhhh factor and of course I loved it! And I also learnt something about Canada.

Archer Noble is not a very likeable man. He survived a hard childhood marked by neglect and abuse to become a rather hardened adult. He doesn't care about anyone or anything except for his career and his beloved sister Marguer
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
**Special thanks to Netgalley & Riptide for giving me this book in exchange for an honest review**

I'm not to familiar with Chris Sully, but if it's like this from now on I'm going to get real familiar with her. This was good in a insta-love sort of none way. I called it insta-love because they loved each other before they liked one another. They just weren't able to figure it out as soon as everyone else. The author did a really good job on the research surrounding the Aboriginal women in Ca
The Novel Approach Reviews
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever come across a book you almost passed up because you just went, “Oh, another one involving kids…blah, blah, blah,” but then you bought it anyway, for the fact that you’ve liked a couple of previous books by the author? And then, when you finally find the time to sit down to read it, you expect not much from it but a few hours of what I liked to call a lazy and relaxing reading evening?

Well…

What happened after I finished reading Until September was a dire need to grab someone’s arm,
Arch Bala
Archie Noblesse did everything to escape his brutal past and leave his family and his Cree heritage behind enabling him to reinvent himself as Archer Noble, a successful blogger and author who lives only for himself.

His world went upside down when he gets a phone call that brings all his plans for his future crashing down. A car accident takes his only sister leaving behind two children who are parentless after they lost their father a few years prior.

Enter Ryan Eriksson, the teacher whose love
Nicola
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Until September is one of those books that grew on me as the story progressed. I have to say it took some time to connect with Archer and Ryan, but perseverance was the key and as their journey unfolds they did endear themselves, although the push/pull between them became a little frustrating.

"...oh yeah, I know all about Archer Noble."
"And you don’t like him, judging by your tone of voice."

Overall it flows well, but it is fairly steady paced and the romance is slow-burn, but that element was
Mandapanda
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
3.5 stars. Pleasant read. The tragic circumstances of Archer's Native American background really grounded the story. And the kids were gorgeous and vulnerable. The romance was slow burn but it seemed to lag quite a bit. The M/M trope with the dying sister and the MC getting her kids has been done so many times before that I've kind of lost interest in it these days. It seems too contrived and unrealistic. But it's done quite sensitively here. Archer's relationship with his sister is/was lovely. ...more
Morgan  Skye
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Archer is a blogger/writer who rails about gays who want to be married to be “normal” and ridicules them for their misbelief that monogamy and love are real. He goes so far as to say gay men aren’t supposed to be parents, it’s unnatural to their true selves. He has a good reason for believing as he does and voicing his opinion has been lucrative. When he finds out his only (beloved) sister has died and left him her children he’s not only crushed by the loss but devastated by the implications it ...more
Sophia
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this one for the moving storyline the blurb offered. It hints at so much going on beyond a simple romance and I love complex stories. And I was right on the money. This one starts in a dark, sad place with Archie's history, the death of his sister, and Ryan's situation, too. It continues there only slowly hinting at blue skies in the distant part of the book.

Originally, I set this one aside after six chapters. I was just not in the right frame of mind to appreciate it and I was getting
Riina Y.T.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
My Tags:  #endearing characters #sweetest kids #slow-burn
Publisher: Riptide Publishing - Publication:  Feb 08, 2016

My thoughts on Until September by Chris Scully:

I strongly believe Until September will remain one of my favorites :)

To me this was a great reading experience, with all the highs and lows and ups and downs I like in my romances. It’s not overly angsty, sweet but far from being mushy. The kids were adorable as hell but the love between Archie and Ryan doesn
Jax
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
I almost quit this @10% because of what felt like some heavy-handed angst. But then I checked reviews by GR friends and decided to stick with it a little longer. I’m really glad I did. This turned out to be a sweet story and even though it’s an unusual situation, the characters felt genuine and it played out in a believable way. Very enjoyable.
Didi

Until September is an achingly real and touching tale of a man with painful past met younger man hoping for white picket fence future. Opposites attract with low steam and a couple of children mixed in. It's not exactly a happy story but readers definitely could hope for happy ending!

The story was told in third person's from Archer and Ryan's POVs. While Archer might not be described as an endearing character, I felt for him right away. Here was a guy still hurting but unable to unbur
Tess
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it

First thing I loved? This book is by a Canadian author and actually set in Canada! Second thing? I loved that the author brought attention to the missing and murdered indigenous women in Canada. This is a real live issue and the inquiry the author mentions is in the process of being launched. Lots of kudos to the author for weaving this issue into the story.

But what about the romance, you ask? Well, it was as heartwarming and feel good as you'd expect for a story featuring two recentl
BWT (Belen)
Aug 26, 2016 marked it as no-or-probably-never
I'm 30% done with Until September: Putting a pin in this for now. I'm not in the right headspace for this kind of story with a self loathing main character who makes consistently bad choices before, I assume, being redeemed through the power of love and therefore changing his completely valid outlook on life to conform to societal "norms".
Lelyana's Reviews
Alisa
This was a lovely story about how sometimes the things you need in life are not the things you think you need. Archer Noble was born in poverty and was abused by most of the adults in his life. Now that he's an adult he plans to never be poor or powerless again. He also plans to never marry or have children. He never wants that level of responsibility. Ryan Eriksson is Archer's total opposite. Although he's much younger, he dreams of the day he'll get married and have children. When Ryan's close ...more
Kristie
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a really sweet story in a lot of ways, so sad in others. A story about a First Nation Cree who has had a horrible childhood, struggle after struggle, all the bad things you can imagine, trying to protect his little sister. A story about him getting out and away from the bad and the awful. He makes a life for himself, and we are to assume, he helps his sister get out too, go to school, raise a family.

The story starts with that terrible and sad goodbye, Archie leaving the reservation for
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very smooth writing with really unique characters make this a stand out. You may not always like what the characters do (Archer in particular) but there is some sense to it given the background. I thought the kids added to the story nicely - and I'm not a huge kids fan in my MM stories. In an odd way I thought the house itself, and what it represented, was sort of its own character and I found myself doing a far deeper "imagining" of it then I normally would. This is a new me to me author and on ...more
Mercedes
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Surprised by the depth of this book. I thought this would be a cutesy "insta-family" story ala Sean Michael. But it turned out deeper than that.

I am glad the author changed her mind and made Archie Cree. That added a depth of issues to his character and the story that enriched this story immensely.

Archer is positively repulsive for a lot of the book but that just makes him MY type of character. So I ended up liking him more than Ryan.
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's such a relief to me these days when I actually like a book. It seems to be a rare occurrence lately, it's nice to be reminded that good ones exist. It's not just my impossible brain.

I really enjoyed this. It was a pretty basic trope, but the author really added a lot of depth to these characters, Archer especially. Watching his arc was better than the romance. Definitely worth reading.
Veronica of V's Reads
I want to state right up front, that I applaud the author for being sensitive to First Nations culture and writing a Cree MC who has survived the racism and disadvantage of Native life in a real and approachable manner.

Archer Noble (once Archie Noblesse) survived life as the eldest child of a drug-addicted Cree prostitute, and that included several years of sexual abuse from an uncle. He battled his way out, scraping money through theft and turning tricks until he could get legitimate employmen
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing

4.5 Stars

**copy provided by author/publisher via Divine Magazine in exchange for an honest review**

Archer Noblesse had a tough childhood. The son of a native prostitute, they grew up poor and at times homeless. Eventually his mother sends him and his sister to live with their grandmother on the reservation, but things there aren't much better. Archer runs away at 16, so he can make sure he and his sister have a chance at a better life. 20 years later, Archer Noblesse has reinvented himself as Ar
Manda
I did not expect Until September to be such an emotional read. I started it and was at first quite sceptical. Then something shifted very subtly and I noticed I was holding back tears right before I had to leave for work. After work I finished the read sobbing all the way to the sweet end.

Lelyana's Reviews
Manfred
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I discovered this book, I was a little hesitant at first. On the one hand it had some great reviews from my Goodreads friends, but on the other hand, I wasn`t sure, if I was willing to spend quite a lot of money for a "new to me" author, just based on some reviews. At the end, I am really glad I did.
This was a wonderful story, a really slow burn romance, be prepared to explore a lot more story and family than romance (and hardly any sex) here. I didn`t miss any of that during the whole book
  • Patchwork Paradise
  • Lead Me Not
  • What Remains
  • Selfie (Bluewater Bay, #13)
  • Trailer Trash
  • Running with Scissors
  • Hot Mess
  • Y Negative
  • Lovers Leap
  • A Second Harvest (Men of Lancaster County, #1)
  • How the Cookie Crumbles (Bluewater Bay, #12)
  • Trowchester Blues (Trowchester Blues, #1)
  • Get Your Shine On
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • Stealing Innocents
  • Champagne Kisses
  • 24/7 (The Subs Club, #4)
CHRIS SCULLY lives in Toronto, Canada. She grew up spinning romantic stories in her head and always dreamed of one day being a writer even though life had other plans. Her characters have accompanied her through career turns as a librarian and an IT professional, until finally, to escape the tedium of a corporate day job, she took a chance and began putting her daydreams down on paper.

Tired of the
More about Chris Scully

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)