Start by marking “Semper Fi (The Education of..., #3)” as Want to Read:
Semper Fi (The Education of..., #3)

Semper Fi

(The Education of... #3)

One life, one love
Sempre e per sempre

“I’m falling in love with Seb and Caro all over again.” E Craig

* * * *

Ten years ago US Marine Sebastian Hunter was a teenager in love with a married woman—a woman who broke his heart.

Kicking his heels in a desk job in Geneva, he’s given the chance to get back to the action. Life just might be worth living again … until he meets the
Published November 10th 2015 by Harvey Berrick Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Semper Fi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Semper Fi

Start your review of Semper Fi (The Education of..., #3)
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'Per Sempre' Stars!

I recently discovered Semper Fi around Goodreads. I didn't even know Jane wrote this book but I was so happy to find it! I loved Sebastian and Caroline's love story and it was great to read some of it in Sebastian's POV. I really enjoyed his side of the story and the bonus scenes at the end are EVERYTHING! <3

Highly recommend this, especially if you loved The Education of Sebastian and The Education of Caroline!
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Stars****
 photo 24B20F0C-974B-4CC8-88DF-1E99DC299C22_zps0ehmo2ga.jpg

Ok where do I start, this is The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2) by Jane Harvey-Berrick story but in Sebastian's POV, now I haven't read Caro's side of things this is completely new material for me, so if you haven't read the original story like me then this can be read as a STANDALONE. But being most people know this story I'm going to just explain some of my book thoughts.

I love male POV's I love to understand their feelings, their cockiness and its also great to read the naughty.

Jane is a storyteller and knows how to create some
Jacqueline
This was even better than I dared hope for. Seb and Caro blow me away. This wasn't just a retelling, I've completely lived inside Seb' s head for the last couple of days. Beautiful story, great writing. Full review now posted.

Releases 10 November, all proceeds to the Felix Fund, the bomb disposal charity. An amazing book for an amazing cause.

Pre-order here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Semper-Fi-Edu...-
1&keywords=semper+fi+jane

"I love you more than air, Caro. Always. Sempre. And I'll do everything I
Kara
Mar 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest review***

Review also posted at: https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

First of all, you should know Semper-Fi is The Education of Caroline (TEOC) in Sebastian's POV (with additional scenes). Even though TEOC is the second book it can be read as a standalone. I only read the first book, The Education of Sebastian (TEOS) YEARS after I've read TEOC. I regret that, because I couldn't believe I waited so long, but I thought the age difference between
Lelyana's Reviews

*** 5 'SEMPRE E PER SEMPRE' STARS!***

Reading Semper Fi was like coming home and falling in love all over again. Being inside Sebastian Hunter helped me much of understanding him, his demons, his sadness, his anger, and his true feeling about Caro all the years they separated .
And I'm falling for him all over again, just like Caro did.
And besides, who can resist that bad boy charm inside of him?
Definitely not Caro, and not me.
I can see so many of you would agree with me.

It's retelling , but doesn
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author*

Well then...

Lemme just put a few things out there before I go any further. First, I haven’t read the first 2 books in The Education series. Second, while this is the third book in the series, like Jane advised me in the beginning, this is a standalone. This is Sebastian and Caro’s story, or I believe, the 2nd book to be more specific, told from Sebastian’s POV. I completely concur. Duh, since Jane wrote this, of course she’s right! Third, I usually enjoy reading this tr
KAS
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I could not get enough of Sebastian in "The Education of Sebastian" & "The Education of Caroline" duo.

This is the companion book which is Sebastian's POV. While it is pretty much a re-read of book two of the duo, it was so much fun hearing his side of things!

FYI, all three books are available for free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers ;)
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 Stars

Jane Harvey-Berrick delivers another beautiful, sexy story. Her books have a depth and connection between the characters that I love.

I absolutely adore an older woman-younger man story. I was worried that I would be lost, having not read The Education of Sebastian and The Education of Caroline first. These books have been on my Kindle since they were released and now I am dying to read them. I followed this story with no problem at all, and fell in love with Sebastian and Caroline.
Alex is The Romance Fox
4,5 stars

I can’t help myself…….
 photo thumblina_zpsf26nwaia.gif
The Education of Sebastian
and The Education of Caroline https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
by Jane Harvey Berrick are two of my favorite books and I was so happy that I would get more about the couple I fell in love with. And let me just say……I fell in love with them all over again!

Sempre Fi is the retelling of The Education of Caroline through Sebastian Hunter’s POV. I didn’t know what to expect…what more
AJ
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
“I was looking at her. I felt grateful to be here: this woman, this time, this place. Second chances didn’t come any better.”

3.5 stars.

The Education of Sebastian / The Education of Caroline is one of my favourite and most cherished love stories. What started off as a forbidden affair between a 30 year old married woman and a 17 year old boy became an epic love story when they fell into soul-deep, life-changing love and were brutally torn apart, only to reconnect 10 years later. Now, Jane Harve
Azet
"Semper Fi" is the sequel story of "The Education of Caroline" told from Sebastian`s POV.Reading the events from "The Education of Caroline" through his head was something entirely new,and it only got better with a bonus chapter.This book showed me the way Sebastian REALLY got broken after Caroline left him 10 years ago.How he lost himself into the fierce anger and hatred,and got through life with numb existence of sex,booze and unnececary risks of death.His thoughts was much cynical in which th ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually drawn to alternate point of view stories. However, I loved The Education of Caroline (the original telling of this story) so much, and found it so richly layered that I wanted to see the layers from the other side. Sebastian has such a wildly emotional, intense journey I knew that I needed to read his story and experience the book through his eyes. I wasn’t disappointed.

If you haven't read The Education of Sebastian and The Education of Caroline first, you should. You'll for sur
Bj
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 "The Other Side of a Second Chance at Love" Stars.

For those of you who read The Education of Caroline, Semper Fi is the hero, US Marine Sebastian Hunter's side of the story. Lovers of forbidden love and second chances will enjoy this romantic tale. Having fallen in love with Jane Harvey-Berrick's Traveling Man Series, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read more of her writing. While arguably, Semper Fi does have a very different feel, particularly given that it is told from a marine's pers
Talltree
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-contemp
Some books are too close to your heart to review. But I'll always remember these lines that make me cry whenever I think of them:

“The answer? Because I know I’m loved. My skin will wrinkle and my hair will go gray, my body will bend with age—and I will be loved. In this life and in the next. I will be loved. Whatever the world throws at us, wherever the next adventure leads, I will be loved.
Sempre e per sempre."
Jezabell Girl

A beautiful story told through the eyes of a beautiful man. Semper Fi deptics a tale of enduring love in the face of adversity and it’s one book that you won’t want to miss.

I loved The Education of Sebastian and The Education of Caroline and this book simply draws together the emotions experienced when reading those stories as we re-live Caroline's book from Seb's perspective.

It's a while since I've read the first two books but it didn't take me any time at all to remember why I loved them so m
Elise J.
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

Jane Harvey-Berrick may not have known it at the time, but I’m not a fan of alternate POV’s, I’m easily bored by them. I thought I was up against another ‘roll my eyes’ moment. Well, there’s always a first, and JHB I proudly stand corrected - I was riveted from the word go.

Semper Fi picks up from where The Education of Sebastian finished, and if you’ve read both books you’ll know that Seb in The Education of Caroline has lived and… fought a full life. He’s not that naïve teenager anymore – its 1
Jessica Viteri
“You’ve always been so sure. I don’t understand why.”

“I told you, Caro. It’s only ever been you.”

*****************************************

“Caro, I don’t understand. Why do you love me?”

“Just because … because the sky is blue and the sea is green.”

I loved the the original two books, The Education of Sebastian/The Education of Caroline. They were one of my top favorite reads when originally published. I also loved reading they're extended epilogues and getting a glimpse into their future. And
Beverly
“Sempre e per sempre.”

photo tumblr_n0yjc4runL1s9f9roo1_500_zpsff0multr.gif

This lady always blows my mind away. Every story she writes just gets better and better. Let me tell you if you haven't read one of Jane Harvey-Berrick's books, you are missing a lot.

photo tumblr_neacn63WcY1tgd993o1_250_zpsisesrjfh.gif

“Then what? Because you know that you’re the only woman I’ve ever looked at. "

photo 799790_zps7c8f4dc2.gif

If you have read 'The Education of Sebastian' and 'The Education of Caroline' you MUST pre-order this bad boy NOW! This time we get to be inside Sebastian's mind and dear lord of everything hot and
✴ Cindy ✴
I'm not interested in reading about a hero who is constantly recalling his past sexual exploits while with the heroine. I am a fan of devoted hero's not man whore's who can't keep it in their pants. Just FYI to the author, it makes the heroine not so special. You don't get my money. Sorry. ...more
Luiza
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
It seems it was yesterday I finished reading The Education of Caroline, because the story was still so alive!
Thanks Jane for this incridible story, I know this will be unforgettable!
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Sempre Fi is an epic love story retold by the beautiful Sebastian Hunter, and even though male POV books are becoming more popular as of late, this is certainly one of the best rewrites out there!

Sebastian and Caro's journey is a remarkable story that will stand the test of time. To this day, even after reading hundreds of books, the Education series remains one of my absolute favourites, but I'll be honest here and say that I was a little worried when Jane Harvey-Berrick announced that there wo
Mazmum
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book Review - Semper Fi by Jane Harvey Berrick - 5 Oh Sebastian Stars

It’s always a very nervous moment, when you get the other point of view from a story. Imagine my trepidation then when one of my favourite ever tomes got it’s companion.

Seriously, before I go into Semper Fi, I really must talk about The Education Series, being the two parts The Education of Sebastian and The Education of Caroline. When I read the original books I was spellbound, such was the incredible story woven, and I could
Crystal
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian and Caroline have completely stolen my heart. Semper Fi is essentially The Education Of Caroline in Sebastian's point of view. So we got Caroline's point of view now we get Sebastian's. Their story starts 10 years earlier in The Education Of Sebastian. If you don't know what Semper Fi means, it's short for Semper Fidelis, which means 'Always Faithful' in Latin. It is most recognized as the United States Marine Corps motto. Just by the title I knew I was in for a wickedly great read.

Se
Janey
Shelves: series, kindlee, rare16
I had loved this series, so it was great to catch up with these two and re-live their experience from Seb's POV. His enduring, fierce love never wavered, bless him.

The epilogue 10 years later was great..can we have more, Jane..you know..the bit in-between?
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Profits of this book support the military charities Felix Fund (UK) and EOD Warrior Foundation (USA)

This story is a re-telling of 'The Education of Caroline' from Sebastian’s POV.
Lisa Sylva (The Book Bistro)
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing

OUTSTANDING!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Once upon a time...

In late 2012, I decided to choose another book on Amazon to read, something that sounded juicy good. I read a blurb about a teenage boy falling in love with a married woman, enough said, one click!

I was so extremely glad I chose to read "The Education Of Sebastian" because it was a fantastic read. Then a little later came its counterpart, "The Education Of Caroline" - WOW! Big difference in the two and both stories were 5 star reads for me. It was because
MJ
Shelves: 2015-books
Like so many other JHB fans, I fell hard for Sebastian and Caroline in the Education series. Their love story is one for the ages and unlike any I've ever read before or since. With Semper Fi, I was once again with this beloved couple, only this time, getting inside Sebastian's head for a retelling of The Education of Caroline. And oh how I have missed them.

The book pretty much follows the same course as TEOC. However, we get to experience for the first time, all the hurt and sorrow that Seb has
Rock Hard Romance
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Every one that knows me, KNOWS! my love of anything JHB but my favourite series of all time is The Education of Sebastian and The Education of Caroline. So when I heard we were getting the Education of Caroline told from Sebatian's POV I pee'd just a little.

I was worried as I had read the story before I would maybe get a bit bored as I have in the past with re telling from his POV. It...didn't happen. It was awesome being in Sebastian's head, He is some man. I love how Jane captures his vulnerab
Audrey
When your favourite book available in a "his POV" version, I tend to get worry.

From experiences, it most likely a let down where same ol' story (doh!) with "he said" instead of "she said". Most of the time your expectation of seeing his thought process and understanding the story from his view is just not happened.

Well, not in this case!

You really get to see Sebastian's thought process. His emotion. And glimpse of the ten years gap and how that affected many of what become Sebastian Hunter.

It w
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Black Swan Affair
  • The One That Got Away
  • Make Me Yours (Unravel Me, #2)
  • Torn Hearts (Hearts, #1.5)
  • The F List
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn, #2)
  • The Forbidden Man
  • Promise Me (Diamond in the Rough #2)
  • The Fixed Trilogy (Fixed, #1-3)
  • Mid-Life Love (Mid-Life Love, #1)
  • Elastic Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Black Tangled Heart (Play On, #3)
  • Play the Game (Hannaford Prep #3)
  • Love, in Spanish (Love, in English, #1.5)
  • Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Love, in English (Love, in English, #1)
  • MILF: Wrong Kind of Love
  • Uncharted (On the Island, #1.5)
War
See top shelves…
Writing is my passion and my obsession. I write every day and I love it. My head is full of stories and characters. I'll never keep up with all my ideas...

In 2021, I'll be including a new and original short story in my monthly newsletter. You'll get a FREE copy of my little heartbreaker PLAYING IN THE RAIN when you do.

I live in a small village by the ocean a

The Education of... (3 books)
  • The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)