Start by marking “Joining Children on the Spiritual Journey: Nurturing a Life of Faith” as Want to Read:
Joining Children on the Spiritual Journey: Nurturing a Life of Faith

Joining Children on the Spiritual Journey: Nurturing a Life of Faith

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Understanding how a child's faith forms is crucial to knowing how adults can most significantly enhance the child's spiritual development. This book provides parents, teachers, and Christian education leaders with valuable insights into spiritual formation during childhood.

With a biblical perspective as a starting point and a recognition of the crucial role of both the fam
Published March 1st 1998 by Baker Academic

To ask other readers questions about Joining Children on the Spiritual Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joining Children on the Spiritual Journey

Stephanie Massey
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read for those interested in coming alongside children on the faith journey and instilling a sense of wonder and passion that will last a lifetime, all the while strengthening your own.
Brett Marko
I was quite surprised by this book. I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. Cathy Stonehouse does an excellent job in showing how modern educational and developmental psychology theories relate to the process of christian education and discipleship efforts with the youth. She does a great job in explaining what has worked for her and the churches she has been affiliated with. The only concern would be implementing her strategies into a very large church or a very small church. Ot ...more
Rick Hogaboam
Sep 27, 2013 rated it liked it
There was way more psych theory than I had anticipated, but Stonehouse integrated it with how we are to understand the development of church in their faith, or as she puts it: "spiritual journey." All in all, there was quite a bit to glean and think through when it comes to understanding the development of children, the role of parenting, and the role of the Church community.
Rachel Browning
rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2014
Jon
Aug 15, 2009
Taye Markos
Dear sir/Madam,
I want to read the for supporting children on Sunday school for their Spiritual formation
Be blessed
Anne-Marie
Feb 05, 2013
Leslie
Feb 11, 2013
“What is spiritual formation? The goal of spiritual formation is a maturing faith and a deepening relationship with Jesus Christ, through which we become more like Christ in the living of our everyday lives in the world.” 2 likes
“Stories, drama, and other symbols powerfully influence children.” 2 likes