Start by marking “Polar Bears and the Arctic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #16)” as Want to Read:
Polar Bears and the Arctic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #16)

Polar Bears and the Arctic (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker #16)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  310 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews

Magic Tree House Research Guides are now Magic Tree House Fact Trackers! Track the facts with Jack and Annie!

When Jack and Annie got back from their adventure in Magic Tree House #16: Polar Bears Past Bedtime, they had lots of questions. Why is the Arctic so cold? What did the first people of the Artic eat? How do polar bears cross thin ice? What other animals live in t

Published September 25th 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Polar Bears and the Arctic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polar Bears and the Arctic

Alex
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book because I don't like fact trackers. I enjoyed this book because I like Polar Bears.
Alexis
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Apparently polar bears are evil. This book is going to crush dreams.
Gail
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent nonfiction companion book for Polar Bears Past Bedtime
Tara
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am always amazed at how much I learn from these books. I love the part about polar bears in this one. Super interesting.
Brenda
Dec 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Read this book so I had a few more facts when I lead a book discussion for children on the book "Polar Bears Past Bedtime," also written by Mary Pope Osborne. I learned that the only polar bears that live together are mothers and her cubs. Because of global warming polar bears have a harder time hunting so they are an adverage of 20 pounds liter than they were 5 years ago. This book is full of good information. Well worth the time to read.
Amy Scott
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to come across this book! It is one of several nonfiction books to accompany the Magic Treehouse series. The Magic treehouse books are very entertaining and my own kids love them. In order for readers to learn more about whatever the topic is of a particular adventure in the series, in this case Polar Bears, you can read these nonfiction books as an additional source of factual information. I think I will be adding some of these to my own library soon.
Marya
Sep 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-series
Not to be confused with Sabertooths and the Ice Age, which I stupidly read immediately before this one (in hindsight, that wasn't the best move). I know at least three women who would be thrilled to learn that this book clearly explains how polar bears NEVER meet penguins, except at the zoo (because they live at opposite poles). Those three ladies would be equally aghast that the map labels Iceland as land (not island) somewhat east of Finland. Sigh.
Leah Koch
I think this book would be a good way to get students excited about science because it is written as a nonfiction companion to another Magic Treehouse story. If students like the story, they can read this one to learn about animals, climates, and geography.
Jacquie
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good information about animals and people in the Arctic. I like how its written for children so my son could get a better understanding for things and was excited to learn so much about an area we most likely won't ever visit.
Shawn
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
this book tells stuff about the Arctic and some stuff about polar bears and people in the arctic and animals in the arctic and more.(here are some animals in the arctic ARCTIC HARE,ARCTIC WOLF,LEMMING,NARWHAL,SEAL,SNOWY OWL,WALRUS,and WOLVERINE.) you should read this book.
Sarah Brandel
I was given this book to read as a good example of writing for grades 3-4, getting content across with short sentences and age-appropriate vocabulary. Sometimes, I like my job. :-)
Twyla
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this book is about polar bear and the arctic and global warming. the people in the world are making the global warming get worse so we will have to stop pollution so it gets better
PWRL
Jan 23, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new, 2013-new
A
Sydney
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
at the artic when you spit your spiy turns in to ice before it hits the ground.
Brooke
Mar 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It is so cute.
Maria
Dec 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
My 6 year old daughter gave it 5 stars.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
wonder where they got the facts want a resource thats easy for your student to understand
Gabby
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Seeing as bears are my favorite animals, it's pretty obvious why I loved this book.
Laura (booksnob)
Jan 27, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 1st to 3rd grade students
Max didn't want to review this book, so I will.
Max read it in one day. He kept coming to me and telling me all about the artic circle and the many things he was learning about Polar Bears.
Melissa Maillet
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
One of the better Magic Tree House research books we've read so far. Lots of facts that interested both my daughters and I! Prompted some great discussions. A great family read.
Payton
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
There is a desert under the Arctic.
Logan
Jhanvi Sheth
Sep 15, 2013
Emma Mikkelson
Nov 19, 2012
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • From Tadpole to Frog
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Baxter (The Puppy Place, #19)
  • The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip (The Magic School Bus, #9)
  • The One Hundredth Day of School! (Ready, Freddy!, #13)
  • Who Is Jane Goodall?
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Temple of Terror (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #19)
  • The Power of Focusing: A Practical Guide to Emotional Self-Healing
  • Appointment with F.E.A.R. (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #18)
  • Humphrey the Lost Whale
  • Seas of Blood (Fighting Fantasy, #16)
More about Mary Pope Osborne

Magic Tree House Fact Tracker (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Dinosaurs (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #1)
  • Knights and Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #2)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • Pirates (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #4)
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • Space (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #6)
  • Titanic (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #7)
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Ancient Greece and the Olympics (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #10)

Nonfiction Deals

$10.74 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99